IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newsweek listed some excuses people used to turn down the coronation of Donald J. Putinfluffer.

http://www.newsweek.com/every-excuse-performers-have-used-avoid-inauguration-544328

Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration is like a birthday party for a rich 8-year-old bully everyone at school hates. Nobody wants to go, but everyone is afraid of suffering his wrath should he interpret their absence as a lack of respect. Thus, the excuses are golden.

The number of notable artists, musicians and politicians (im)politely declining to attend or perform has steadily increased since the election in November. Here’s a collection of all of their varying excuses:

My condolences to all the Americans who will feel like foreigners in Trump's America. Don't lose hope and keep up the noble fight for what is just and sensed. The world is watching closely.

Cher recommends watching Network and A Face in the Crowd instead of the inauguration.  A Face in the Crowd is going to be on TCM 5:45-8:00 EST.

I'll put on Firefly and GoT and study instead of watching it. Radiation protection and immunology are bound to be more enlightening.

I want to cry. From this day forward the Republican party can stop pretending they care about morals or being a Christian. They just elected a man with absolutely no morals and whose god is himself. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Though if he gets impeached, we get Pence. It's like getting rid of Joffrey Baratheon and then Fundie Tywin Lannister takes the throne.

Yeah, don't remind me. :(

Mr. P just left for work wearing a black tie.  His entire office agreed to wear mourning garb today.

I'm with @MamaJunebug.  Keep living your life but try to block the bastards' agenda at every turn.

I'm in navy today. I'll be able to avoid things until I see friends tonight. One of them, whose house we meet at is a yuge Trump supporter. I'll be spending time in his brother's room, watching anything but Fox. I'm sure he, my sweetie, and his other brother will be watching every word. (Two unmarried brothers have a house together.)

I'm so grateful for all of you on Free Jinger. You've given me a voice and a place to read and vent. 

Okay, because it makes me feel better, I am going to take a moment to be catty. 

They both look terrible. He always looks terrible. But she rose to the occasion to look terrible with him this morning. That dress is a mess and looks like it doesn't fit properly. And the baby blue color is not flattering or appropriate to the season or occasion. And the not long, not 3/4 sleeve with the matching gloves? Yuck. And the matching shoes? No. Just no. Way too much matchy matching going on. But we are going to have to listen to nonsense about her wonderful fashion. No. Sorry. Shut up. 

And, as usual, his clothing is wrinkled and doesn't fit properly. His pants are actually too short. And Mr. LookAtMyMoney can't afford better shoes? At least shine them up, doofus. 

donald-trump-melania-trump-chruch-lead.j

Yeah, it's literally raining on their parade!  Well, the parade hasn't started, but the sad spectacle is in full swing.  All the Trumps have on their serious Inauguration faces, which look kinda dead, or more likely, "an entire nation truly realizes we don't know what the f**k we are doing." 

Thankfully, DH just turned off the TV to go for a bike ride. 

Yeah, Melania looks like she has a serious case of static cling, as well. 

Saw an article I thought all of you would enjoy:

When I heard that 53% of white American women voters cast their ballot for Trump I was enraged. But the Egyptian and Muslim in me also had a moment not so much of schadenfreude – Trump will hurt us all, not just white women who voted against their own interests – as much as a burning sense of hypocrisy. As that Egyptian, Muslim woman I have been on the receiving end of countless questions about why Muslim women accept x or y and z. Now the same questions can be asked of those voters. Belonging to a faith is slightly different than voting in an election. But you can make an argument that a vote in a free and fair election such as that for US president is equally a clear, if not more direct, expression of one’s principles.

I’ve become obsessed with those white women voters who showed up at Trump rallies with “Talk Dirty to Me”, “Adorable Deplorables” and “Grab This Pussy” T-shirts; the women who said that if men don’t use Trump’s awful language about women’s bodies there was something wrong with them; the women who dismissed as liars all the women who accused Trump of assaulting them.

Those white women Trump voters allowed their race to trump their gender. They were a reminder that decades of Republican racist policies mixed with increasing Christian fundamentalism and bigotry had succeeded in turning women against their own interests. Those women think they will be protected from Republican patriarchy by allying themselves with it but nothing protects women from patriarchy.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2017/jan/20/welcome-to-a-new-era-of-politically-sanctioned-patriarchy?CMP=share_btn_tw

34 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yeah, it's literally raining on their parade!  Well, the parade hasn't started, but the sad spectacle is in full swing.  All the Trumps have on their serious Inauguration faces, which look kinda dead, or more likely, "an entire nation truly realizes we don't know what the f**k we are doing." 

Thankfully, DH just turned off the TV to go for a bike ride. 

Yeah, Melania looks like she has a serious case of static cling, as well. 

Just read that that mess is custom Ralph Lauren. They got robbed when a custom dress won't even hang right. And it looks like the bodice isn't fitted properly as it is bunching in every picture I have seen. (Perhaps RL is passively protesting? LOL!)

And I just can't with that color or all the matching. 

The messy up-do is very high school girl, too. Doesn't seem appropriate for a solemn and formal day. 

Wasn't Ralph Lauren the designer in the controversy with the Olympics uniforms? I never cared for him much. At least she did not wear pink. 

I just love, how CNN half an hour before inauguration still calls him "president-elect". They will do it till the last second, won't they?  :pb_biggrin:

I said this before but if I have children they're going to learn how to defend themselves from the moment they learn how to walk.  Since the Branch Trumpvidians will likely feel that they're entitled to act like shit heads and the government won't help I'll be dammed if I send children out into the world with these people around without the knowledge on how to take care of themselves.

9 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

My condolences to all the Americans who will feel like foreigners in Trump's America. Don't lose hope and keep up the noble fight for what is just and sensed. The world is watching closely.

Likewise, I hope good people in the rest of the world realize that this was not the choice of much of America. (And I am reminding myself that some who even voted for him, however misguided, didn't like him either... )

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

... a man with absolutely no morals and whose god is himself. 

Amen.

Just looked at the picture @louisa05 posted of the Trumps.

If Melania is going to copy Jackie O, she should have gone for a pillbox hat. I don't like that sleeve length with the gloves.

I'll be nice and not mention which designer would have been the historical choice for the Trump regime.

Hillary is looking better than I would expect, given the situation. That woman is made of steel. 

Also, Michelle is better dressed than Melania. Just saying. 

8 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Just looked at the picture @louisa05 posted of the Trumps.

If Melania is going to copy Jackie O, she should have gone for a pillbox hat. I don't like that sleeve length with the gloves.

I'll be nice and not mention which designer would have been the historical choice for the Trump regime.

I assume you're talking about BOSS, as in Hugo Boss?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss

I don't know how "live" the EarthCam really is, but if this is his actual inauguration crowd...yikes. I was expecting a low turnout, but this is drastic compared to Obama's inaugurations. How do you like your ratings now, President Cheeto?

(Picture under spoiler for size)

Spoiler

inauguration.PNG

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived