IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

19 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@Exjw2015deed it was Alyssa with the super short courtship.

During the last show Kelly said that their courtship standards have evolved. They started out with the 6 inch rule and slowly the couples have been getting closer and closer.

No I meant that zach and Whitney only did courtship to not miss out on the fun parts of it.image.pngimage.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Exjw2015deed I didn't remember her saying that about Zach and Whit. She did say something similar about Alyssa.

I agree that Nathan's broken courtship was a much bigger deal to them than they showed us. That scene where Nathan informs them that it's over was very staged. They, or at least Nathan, were in it deep. 

24 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

@Exjw2015deed I didn't remember her saying that about Zach and Whit. She did say something similar about Alyssa.

I agree that Nathan's broken courtship was a much bigger deal to them than they showed us. That scene where Nathan informs them that it's over was very staged. They, or at least Nathan, were in it deep. 

They definitely down played it, then made her to to that graduation party with fans there to keep the show spoiler free.

15 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I believe Michael and Brandon decided to only front hug when they greeted and saved hand holding for engagement.

they did not save hand holding for engagement. they held hands when they first started courting, but then seemed to stop that and hold off. and during courtship there's a photo of michael basically sitting on brandon. there's photographic proof of these instances.

The 6 inch rule tho. I'm some sort of harlot then. I'm pretty sure that in the Renaissance and Victorian eras people got more than 6 inches of each other. It's called a 'premature' baby :pb_lol:

On 11.02.2017 at 10:29 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Dang...I'm disappointed. Was so sure that was a forehead kiss. Will someone kiss on the forehead PLEASE! Which culture is it that rubs their noses together to show affection? I forgot.

Inuit

I'm just waiting for the moment when we hear that they kissed during their courtship cause that episode had some strong sexual tension!

On 2/11/2017 at 6:06 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Forehead kisses? That has to be a courting first.

tumblr_ol4tytbWbz1uipssao6_1280.jpg

Nope - no way. This was one of the most awkward things I've seen in a while. Bobby clearly wanted to kiss her, Tori didn't look at all opposed to the idea, he started going in for the forehead kiss, remembered the guidelines, and just bumped his nose on her. (Insert emoji crying from laughter).

Also, he should have asked her to court while parasailing. I think that's the first time I've agreed with the majority of the Bates children.

Soo how long the courtship will be? 6 months max? Then another 3 or 4 months of engagement i say that they will married around end of the year max very early next year. Just in time for Tori to finish the school and start to be a SAHW and a mommy 

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Soo how long the courtship will be? 6 months max? Then another 3 or 4 months of engagement i say that they will married around end of the year max very early next year. Just in time for Tori to finish the school and start to be a SAHW and a mommy 

I think it all depends on Bobby's employment prospects when he graduates this May or June

I don't follow the Bates closely but when did courtship proposals become a thing? It seems so over the top...like the way some kids get about prom or something.  This Bobby kid just put on more of a production than many marriage proposals for a courtship proposal to a girl who is a) already his girlfriend and b ) going to expect an even fancier marriage proposal in what, like three months?

So much pomp and circumstance...ugh.

I hate the Bateses' courtship proposals. I think I hate them even more because every single kid has one, and they're all just as over-the-top, saccharine and goofy as the last. There is no way that every single one of these kids and/or their boyfriends/girlfriends independently decided that they wanted that b.s.

They remind me more of promposals like how crazy of their proposals are. It also makes me think that their marriage proposals have to be something crazy but I don't think they've ever been that crazy?

2 hours ago, Escapefromfundiedom said:

I don't follow the Bates closely but when did courtship proposals become a thing? It seems so over the top...like the way some kids get about prom or something.  This Bobby kid just put on more of a production than many marriage proposals for a courtship proposal to a girl who is a) already his girlfriend and b ) going to expect an even fancier marriage proposal in what, like three months?

I so agree. It's absolutely ridiculous. I remember when Nathan did the big hoo-ha for Ashley in NYC. A day of wooing, including lunch, a hike, a carriage ride, and ice skating, all after "decorating" her family's house with cutesy "I love you" signs. During all the hand-wringing preparations, Nathan made some mention of having to think of something bigger down the road for engagement. Of course, we all know that didn't work out, but still...

I guess I'm not enough of an attention whore like the Bates or Duggars, I would HATE having some big production to basically be asked to be pre-engaged or engaged. Of course, I can't imagine any case where I'd agree to be on a reality show either.

You know what this makes me wonder? We really have no idea what Smuganna's courtship proposal was like. IN the book in said he asked for permission from Poppa Keller, and he prayed about it, and gave him the green light the next morning. Did he ask Anna? Did her father just... tell her Smuggy was courting her? 

3 hours ago, Escapefromfundiedom said:

Word. I have three girls, all teens or adults. Even getting asked to homecoming is now a huge deal. I've seen posters, flowers delivered to their classrooms, even one writing it with rocks on the ground.:laughing-jumpingpurple: They take themselves a wee bit too seriously. 

You have to put on a good show so everyone on social media knows how great you are.

Seriously, I was in high school 10 years ago and I feel like it was another millennium. 

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Word. I have three girls, all teens or adults. Even getting asked to homecoming is now a huge deal. I've seen posters, flowers delivered to their classrooms, even one writing it with rocks on the ground.:laughing-jumpingpurple: They take themselves a wee bit too seriously. 

One of my friends husband hadn't realized that was a thing so when their daughter's boyfriend showed up at their house wearing a suit, flowers and got down on one knee to "ask for her hand" and thought the boyfriend was about to propose and almost had a heart attack. His wife managed to talk him down mid rant (they were only seventeen, just got into college and all the things she wanted to do with her life) assure him it was just asking her to prom.

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

You have to put on a good show so everyone on social media knows how great you are.

Seriously, I was in high school 10 years ago and I feel like it was another millennium. 

I'm with you. I didn't even get asked to prom, my boyfriend at the time just assumed. Good lord that was 11 years ago. It's all too over the top for me now. Even proposals, like there has to be story and pictures and place on social media. Bobby best be planning a damn good proposal because the courtship is a lot to live up to.

10 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

One of my friends husband hadn't realized that was a thing so when their daughter's boyfriend showed up at their house wearing a suit, flowers and got down on one knee to "ask for her hand" and thought the boyfriend was about to propose and almost had a heart attack. His wife managed to talk him down mid rant (they were only seventeen, just got into college and all the things she wanted to do with her life) assure him it was just asking her to prom.

I swear kids get this sappy crap from watching fundies' tv shows. 

11 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I swear kids get this sappy crap from watching fundies' tv shows. 

I disagree. It's not from fundie tv shows. Even 15 years ago on Laguna Beach there were crazy prom proposals. It's been around for a while but only hit social media recently.

Most teenagers aren't watching fundie TV shows. They do it to get attention: likes on Facebook and Instagram, and Youtube views. It's all about showing off, making a huge production, and getting that social media validation from your peers and strangers on the internet. Everyone's the star of their own reality show. 

People have done big over-the-top prom proposals and such since the dawn of time, but it's a freaking epidemic now. There's so much pressure on these kids to act and behave like little celebrities. 

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

People have done big over-the-top prom proposals and such since the dawn of time, but it's a freaking epidemic now. There's so much pressure on these kids to act and behave like little celebrities. 

I'm so glad social media wasn't around when I was in HS. I awkwardly asked a platonic friend to be my prom date, but even my friends who had boyfriends didn't have any kind of "proposal." I imagine that it's even more isolating to be a dateless nerd when your friends are making such a big show of it.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived