IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

On 2/8/2017 at 1:41 PM, nausicaa said:

Totally thought that promo screenshot was of Michael and Brandon. Never realized before how much of a resemblance Michael and Tori share. 

I think Tori looks like Erin. I don't see MIchael...but I frequently mix Erin and Tori up. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tori and Bobby's courtship confirmed: the courtship proposal is on BUB tonight. (I will not be watching.)  There is a LOT of sidehugging on the family thebatesfam instagram. I'm glad to see they're more touchy-feely than some of Tori's older siblings.

Nothing says romantic like an entire crew surrounding you. I assume that there is a crew on Tori's side too, since there is usually multiple cameras to film different angles. And are the guys in the back just having a full on conversation? How was Tori even able to focus? Hope it was everything she imagined it would be. These people must be great actors. I just couldn't imagine living day to day life with so many people around me.

1.jpg

Ugh. Now I'm mad because that's how I wanted Mr. O to propose (actual proposal, not stupid courtship proposal, obvs :pb_glasses:): At the beach, during sunset. Okay, that's probably where the similarities end, since I most definitely didn't want an entire camera crew and probably a gazillion family members there with us. But still. I would have liked to have been proposed to on a beach during sunset. *stomps foot*

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

Ugh. Now I'm mad because that's how I wanted Mr. O to propose (actual proposal, not stupid courtship proposal, obvs :pb_glasses:): At the beach, during sunset. Okay, that's probably where the similarities end, since I most definitely didn't want an entire camera crew and probably a gazillion family members there with us. But still. I would have liked to have been proposed to on a beach during sunset. *stomps foot*

Tell him he owes you a do over!

14 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Nothing says romantic like an entire crew surrounding you. I assume that there is a crew on Tori's side too, since there is usually multiple cameras to film different angles. And are the guys in the back just having a full on conversation? How was Tori even able to focus? Hope it was everything she imagined it would be. These people must be great actors. I just couldn't imagine living day to day life with so many people around me.

Was this a courtship proposal or a marriage one? If it was courtship, then clearly it was all staged for the show and not the real once since they have been courting for some time. 

I'm always surprised at how some reality tv folks can pull off looking "real" so well. I remember reading an article years ago about some reality tv show where the people had to do a particular scene over and over to get it right. I was surprised( at that point I didn't realize how fake reality television was) because when I had watched the show I would have never guessed the people had done the same thing several times, it looked natural. As much as reality tv shows try to pretend they are showcasing lives, we are really just watching actors act. The Bates are born showmen. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Forehead kisses? That has to be a courting first.

tumblr_ol4tytbWbz1uipssao6_1280.jpg

Bobby didn't kiss tori, he put his big ass chin on her forehead. Like literally placed his chin on her forehead and like rubbed it..... Carlin took the picture but the uptv camera crew had a different angle. 

He did it in the beginning of the episode. It's weird. Best line is his sister "save room for the Holy Spirit". Lol they really are so affectionate that it made me nervous when they were on the boat. I thought trace was going to throw him overboard.

image.jpeg

i think those two pictures are taken with seconds between. there's no way the top pic wasn't a forehead kiss.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

i think those two pictures are taken with seconds between. there's no way the top pic wasn't a forehead kiss.

Idk, he did the chin thing at least 5 times. I'll try and take pictures of it in a little bit. He has a big chin, and carlin was snapping pictures the whole time.

Dang...I'm disappointed. Was so sure that was a forehead kiss. Will someone kiss on the forehead PLEASE! Which culture is it that rubs their noses together to show affection? I forgot.

How sad that he didn't just kiss her on the forehead. How is that giving your heart away in pieces but doing a big elaborate proposal on the beach isn't? 

I really detest the entire courtship thing. And then they go all out with asking someone to court, it's like you might as well propose right then. It's like those people in high school who walked around saying they were 'pre-engaged' and had promise rings. it's also so fake because it's not like they haven't already spent months "getting to know" the other person anyway. Bleh. I think I read somewhere that Alyssa almost skipped the courtship thing and that they almost just got engaged. I so wish that was the case. Maybe someone else will go that route..

1 hour ago, coffeebean7 said:

I think I read somewhere that Alyssa almost skipped the courtship thing and that they almost just got engaged. I so wish that was the case. Maybe someone else will go that route..

Kelly answered someone's question on their blog.  She said they almost went straight to engagement but didn't want to miss out on the courtship phase.  I think she didn't want them to skip out on courtship and for it to seem like they were just dating and going straight to engagement like the rest of us heathens.

But they acted like they already were courting, didn't they? I was under the impression they already were. :pb_lol: 

Didn't they say Bobby was unfamiliar with courting? So he must have grown up where dating is the norm in his fundy part of the world. Maybe he trained himself to do the chin to forehead thing because his natural inclination is to kiss the one he is dating. 

The bates have evolved since the first two family courtships. Kelly has stated that they view courtship now as pre-engagement rather than dating with a purpose crap. I believe it was Zach and Whitney who did courtship even though they were ready for engagement, they wanted to enjoy the fun parts according to Kelly. Essentially the corny pictures and love notes.

Ever since the zach disaster they have "special friends" for some time, and do courtship when they are closer to engagement. Hence why the Ashley and Nathan fiasco really must've been serious heartbreak. They were dating for over a year before they courted. They also don't push the no touching rule. That is the only thing that shocks me. Ashley and Nathan were hand holding and tori and Bobby frontal hug. I believe Michael and Brandon decided to only front hug when they greeted and saved hand holding for engagement.

I first thought they were relaxed about Nathan and Ashley because he was a male, but seeing tori and Bobby makes me believe they do some extent allow their children to make their own standards. Again, to an extent! 

@Exjw2015deed it was Alyssa with the super short courtship.

During the last show Kelly said that their courtship standards have evolved. They started out with the 6 inch rule and slowly the couples have been getting closer and closer.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived