IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

58 minutes ago, JillyO said:

This is really interesting to me. Am I misremembering, or was Tori super-close with Alyssa growing up? I believe Tori was Alyssa's MOH too? I mean, Alyssa has been gone for a while, so it's certainly possible that Tori feels closer to some of her other sisters now. But I still find it curious that she doesn't at least have her as matron of honor instead of Erin.

Tori was Erin’s moh if I recall. Alyssa’s was John’s sister Tori Webster.

what surprised me was Carlin being the maid of honor because I thought it would be Josie since I feel they’ve grown closer with their guys being best friends

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Tori was Erin’s moh if I recall. Alyssa’s was John’s sister Tori Webster.

Interesting. Now that you mention it, I think you're right. I must have been thinking of someone else.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, JillyO said:

This is really interesting to me. Am I misremembering, or was Tori super-close with Alyssa growing up? I believe Tori was Alyssa's MOH too? I mean, Alyssa has been gone for a while, so it's certainly possible that Tori feels closer to some of her other sisters now. But I still find it curious that she doesn't at least have her as matron of honor instead of Erin.

It was Carlin that was really close to Alyssa. I remember watching Alyssa’s wedding special and Carlin was really upset about Alyssa leaving and it being mentioned they had been sharing a room the last few years.

5 hours ago, Irish13 said:

It was Carlin that was really close to Alyssa. I remember watching Alyssa’s wedding special and Carlin was really upset about Alyssa leaving and it being mentioned they had been sharing a room the last few years.

Wasn't it Josie who Alyssa shared a room with? I think they were the ones with more similar personalities who needed some down time from the louder siblings.

Another patchwork quilt dress like Joy Duggar's? Sleeves off of one bottom off the other. I hope Michael is there with a sewing machine to fix it like Jana was with Kendra's. 

So Taryn Yager just confirmed on her Instagram account that she is gonna be the photographer at the wedding....

let the blurring games begin!

:my_confused: :my_confused:

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Taryn Yager just confirmed on her Instagram account that she is gonna be the photographer at the wedding....

let the blurring games begin!

:my_confused: :my_confused:

All I can say is thank god for the TV crew who'll be getting clear footage of their wedding.

Oh man. They're going to look so perfect but you will have to really squint to see them. 

On 11/19/2017 at 7:19 AM, Kailash said:

I will always have the cover on the lid of the toilet, out of style or not. We close the lid after use and I like that the cover muffles the sound. I hate the sound otherwise. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

I'm glad you said this, truly. I too, march to a different drummer. I don't have one but if someone ragged on me about having one, I would make sure I used it when they come to visit. 

So Caleb is the guy that was rumored to be courting Jana Duggar, correct?  If he’s doing wedding decorating, then it’s a pretty safe assumption that it’s for the Tori/Bobby nuptials. He also had and IG story with the decorations and I gotta say, they look really pretty. 

2 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

So Caleb is the guy that was rumored to be courting Jana Duggar, correct?  If he’s doing wedding decorating, then it’s a pretty safe assumption that it’s for the Tori/Bobby nuptials. He also had and IG story with the decorations and I gotta say, they look really pretty. 

That's the guy! 

They do look very interesting. It almost looks like there is a sit down meal happening! I'll settle for standing tables at the very least.

On another notes that Caleb guy uses the term photographer in his Instagram bio (amongst other things). It almost makes me glad that Tarryn's holy blur will be on hand at the wedding.

15 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

All I can say is thank god for the TV crew who'll be getting clear footage of their wedding.

Yeah and since there isn't going to be any booze, their guest won't struggle with their eyesight.

And a sit down meal at a Bates wedding? I'm more than surprised.

Tomorrow is the day right? 

Bobby's parents are fairly well off and not Duggars. Did they do anything sit down with the Websters? Just wondering if they have to step up their game a bit to accommodate the groom's people. 

According to the Duggar’s blog, Tory and Bobby’s wedding is definitely tomorrow. 

I’m intrigued to see what this wedding will be like. Tori (and Carlin) seem much more boisterous and upfront/outgoing/loud than the other Bates daughters who have married. It’ll be interesting to see if her personality is as strong on her wedding day. 

That made a lot more sense in my head than it did when I typed it out...oh well we’ll blame the fact that it’s almost 2am:special-snowflake1: 

On Evan's Instagram story, you can see in the background of the video:

Tables with some chairs, Christmas trees and fairy lights on the beams.

Almost looks a bit like a barn, but it looks nice and warm. There isn't a huge amount of decorations though, nor enough seating for it to be a sit down meal. Seating and tables for people for sure, but no where near enough for it to be assigned seating.

On 12.12.2017 at 11:02 PM, Carm_88 said:

Another patchwork quilt dress like Joy Duggar's? Sleeves off of one bottom off the other. I hope Michael is there with a sewing machine to fix it like Jana was with Kendra's. 

Awwww, I loved Joy's dress! Her's and Kendra's dresses were the best out of all so far! Joy's veil was gorgeous, too!

So Tori is getting married today! Congratulations, Tori!!!

Is it just me or do more people get married now in the winter-time or even pre-Christmas than before? I thought summer was THE wedding season, but lately more and more people get married in the winter. I know two people who will attend wedding today and next Saturday.

10 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Almost looks a bit like a barn, but it looks nice and warm. There isn't a huge amount of decorations though, nor enough seating for it to be a sit down meal. Seating and tables for people for sure, but no where near enough for it to be assigned seating.

He says that's for the rehearsal dinner, they always seem to do a real meal for the rehearsal. 

10 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Awwww, I loved Joy's dress! Her's and Kendra's dresses were the best out of all so far! Joy's veil was gorgeous, too!

So Tori is getting married today! Congratulations, Tori!!!

Is it just me or do more people get married now in the winter-time or even pre-Christmas than before? I thought summer was THE wedding season, but lately more and more people get married in the winter. I know two people who will attend wedding today and next Saturday.

I'm going to a wedding on February 17th.  Apparently it was the bride's dream to have a winter wedding.  The couple got engaged while cutting down their Christmas tree.  It's a very formal wedding at a golf club and it has been suggested that the women wear long dresses.  The wedding is about an hour outside of Toronto, Canada.   I'm trying to figure out if my long dress needs to match my snow boots or not.

Trace posted an IG story and you can see he and Bobby dressed in their wedding attire. I tried posting it but my phone is experiencing FJ technical issues. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case somebody wants to check it out/share it.

And for the BEC record, I'm not a fan of the ties that the wedding party is wearing. They remind me of those 80s laser style backgrounds that you'd see in yearbook photos. :my_blush:

14 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

He said that he was setting up for the rehearsal dinner so maybe that's why there was a lack of chairs.

10 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I've noticed that too. Around here (DC metro area where big weddings are common and often de rigueur for people in politics or other professions), it's because the prices for weddings have sky rocketed and it's a way to save some money on the location as well as the vendors. 

Also, a lot of popular venues are booked two years out, so if you have your heart set on getting married at a certain in demand mansion or church, choosing a winter date may be a compromise so the engagement isn't ridiculously long. 

I actually really like winter weddings, and a lot of the decorative options that come with them. (And I also liked Joy's dress and don't get what everyone hates about it. Then again, I love three-quarter sleeves.)

I put my crazy Instagram hashtag stalking skills to work, and this is all I could come up with for Tori and Bobby's wedding. 

25012760_1585836158129116_852122048397312000_n.jpg

25005198_508214016202433_6696009277531750400_n.jpg

It makes me curious for what the bridesmaid dresses will look like, thanks for finding these! I just went on Trace's instagram and his story didn't come up.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived