IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

On 30.9.2017 at 5:00 AM, singsingsing said:

I just checked out Taryn's Instagram and now I wish I hadn't. I feel bad to keep bashing her, because I have absolutely nothing against this woman personally, but... her newborn photos make me shudder! The babies look dead, or plastic. It's uncanny valley.

I feel the same way. Newborns are so so special and she somehow manages to turn them into something creepy. And don't even let me start about the blur.. it is getting worse week by week IMHO.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I feel the same way. Newborns are so so special and she somehow manages to turn them into something creepy. And don't even let me start about the blur.. it is getting worse week by week IMHO.

I’m not a fan of her newborn photos. I had briefly thought about doing some for our daughter, but a lot of photographers appear to use similar poses and props. Definitely not my style, so we opted to skip. So I’d say it’s more a trend right now then just Taryn specific (though the blur may be a speciality of her’s.)

We are having family photos done on our daughter’s first birthday though. The photographer is a lifestyle photographer, meaning she captures images of you acting normally and not posing, which is definitely more our style. If it goes well then we plan to do it again when we have a second kid turning one (hopefully we have a second.) It’ll be really nice to have professional photos of us all to look back on. :) 

@VelociRapture, I can totally understand that you prefer a lifestyle photographer that doesn't get you or your child in these ridiculous poses. It'll be nice to look back to that pictures with your kid(dos) and your phone is probably full with everyday shots and photographs that show the insane, but beautiful, first year with your child. I love to look at these photos of me and my younger siblings and they make a great memory as well.

16 hours ago, ophelia said:

Her newborn pics remind me of this story i saw on TV of these women who bought those creepy life like babies and carried them around like they were real.

Real life is colliding with FJ in strange ways. Taryn just posted newborn photos of an Uni friend's son. Said friend is now an OB resident at UT hospitals and very, very far from fundie.

That Mueller wedding was indeed pulled off very nicely. And photographed much better than Taryn or Maxwell's work. The only thing I can't stand is the dress on the tree picture. It's very popular right now, and I apologize to anyone here who used that shot, but to me it looks like...well...a hanging. I just can't get over it. 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, singsingsing said:

I just checked out Taryn's Instagram and now I wish I hadn't. I feel bad to keep bashing her, because I have absolutely nothing against this woman personally, but... her newborn photos make me shudder! The babies look dead, or plastic. It's uncanny valley.

Every time I see Bates baby pictures by Taryn with the respective Bateses gushing over them I cringe. Honestly, the poor babies look so unnatural, both in pose and texture. The positions she puts them in look somehow wrong, even though they may actually resemble positions babies naturally take in the womb (?), but they don't look reasonable for out in the real world and do, as others said, end up making them look like vinyl "life-like" dolls rather than living babies. Or maybe the thing some hospitals do of taking professional pictures of stillborn or very short-lived babies so that the parents have something tangible to remember their babies by? While I understand that such memento photos may have a degree of unreality, shouldn't the parents of *living* babies want pictures of them LOOKING alive?

I know Bori is known for being boring but I saw this picture of what looks like them on Michael's blog and it made me laugh. NIKE!!!

IMG_4920.PNG

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know Bori is known for being boring but I saw this picture of what looks like them on Michael's blog and it made me laugh. NIKE!!!

IMG_4920.PNG

How salacious! I'm defrauded! 

On 10/11/2017 at 10:00 AM, VelociRapture said:

So I’d say it’s more a trend right now then just Taryn specific (though the blur may be a speciality of her’s.)

She's not really blurring the newborn photos, admittedly I only scrolled through the first 20 or so pics. She is just way overexposing them likely in an effort to remove every skin blemish. They look super doll-like and fake that way.

probably not the best forum to post in, but with all the talk of weddings and rings.............i just found out my marriage is defunct.  The so called MrSaw didn't file the license.  It was found upon the discovery of 8500 dollars worth of lottery tickets purchased since the so called wedding date.  Oh well.  At least I do like my ring.  Good thing since it's on my credit and I will being paying for it

Anyway, i hope all these younguns do have happy marriages.  I really do.

18 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I was looking up BoRi's wedding date and came across a wedding registry for Tori Bates and Bob Smith on December 16. It looks pretty reasonable.

https://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/tori-bates/bob-smith/registry.ashx?a=96088637

I'm curious about the "Bob" Smith--not Bobby, or Robert.

18 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I was looking up BoRi's wedding date and came across a wedding registry for Tori Bates and Bob Smith on December 16. It looks pretty reasonable.

https://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/tori-bates/bob-smith/registry.ashx?a=96088637

It’s possible it’s them:

https://m.kohls.com/upgrade/gift_registry/kohlsgrw_home.jsp?section=list&listid=3346452&viewtype=listview&src=cenGcHisReY&utm_campaign=297133&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cenGcHisReY&utm_content=1&utm_term=10&siteID=cenGcHisReY-K_T4dpxEUu35rH6groSc.g

If you click on the Kohl’s logo at the top of  the registry you linked to, it pops up with the above couple’s registry. Couple is listed as Layne (Tori’s middle name) and Bob (another nickname for Robert, Bobby’s first name.) The photo of the couple shown looks kind of generic to me, but it could be legit I guess. 

(Tagging @HereticHick too!)

My question would be - if they’re going to be living in the trailer then where will they put everything? It looked like space would be a bit tight in there. Is it possible Bobby may have found somewhere else to live after the wedding, like an apartment or a house they could rent?

ETA: Final exams at Crown are December 11-15 and semester ends on the 15th - so the 16th is the absolute soonest possible date they could have the wedding (because of Crown’s apparent rule regarding weddings during the semester.) So if that is their wedding date and Tori has exams those days she is going to be really pressed for time. It’s lucky she has a lot of family to help out, but still. That could end up being really tough for her.

Maybe they are breaking with tradition and are having a very small wedding that they are trying to keep under the radar? If so it might just be buy a dress, buy a new suit, book a photographer, a church and minister and let family know. The parents of either family might have arranged the food. 

I'm sure Crown would make an exception for a famous fundie who's father is on the IBLP BoD. Not to mention the free advertising they are getting when Crown is mentioned on the show.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Bobby has finally started his job at the Bates family church. Evan posted this video. Kelton is there too.

Spoiler

E9E4D3E7-B92D-4E9F-8CDC-9B20C85C0596.thumb.png.fd5f0e72c19904a9f1b5716dbc641adb.png

Spoiler

EDC682C6-4A2F-42F7-8697-2E66608689AE.thumb.png.61a25500cbcf9806796295f081327d80.png

Oh and Evan posted this crap:

Spoiler

F8F1C7E3-930C-4A08-8E85-2EB6733DEAF4.thumb.png.d84c8e936d532f5ace64abfcd43bf566.png

22 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Wishing there was an eye roll reaction based on that Evan instagram story.

He's such an idiot, fits with Carlin. I also reaaaaally dislike Kelton and Bobby, the younger bates girls have picked immature fools imo. 

They are not Chads, that is for sure.  And although I dislike his father's politics, John seems to be an adult too.  Capable of taking care of things. 

On 10/30/2017 at 2:23 PM, VineHeart137 said:

I found their bed, bath and beyond registry:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/giftregistry/view_registry_guest.jsp?pwsToken=&eventType=Wedding&inventoryCallEnabled=true&registryId=545189831&pwsurl=

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived