IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

On 1/26/2017 at 7:54 AM, Exposedknees said:

FUN FACT! The  Guttmacher Institute reports that abortion rates are steadily declining  and at their lowest rate since the Roe decision in 1973. Um idk? could that be because of the ACA there's no out of pocket cost for preventative care, contraceptives, and prenatal care?!? It kind of takes the air out of "all of the lost children" argument. 

Thanks Obama. 

No worries, with all the "good" the Lord is doing with our "leaders" those abortion rates will be through the roof in no time and then the self-righteous  people will have stuff to fret and pray about. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I would think more it's Jed's thing, and Joy is his accountability partner. Let's be real :\

No, I think it is a Joy thing, she's the one that said she would love to go into politics, and Jed is her accountability partner. Like @Karmasaid there aren't any other girls to go with her, if it were a Jed thing, he could have had Jer or Jason go with him. I can't see them pairing brother & sister unless there were no other options, like in Joy's case Jana is too old, and Hannie is too young for this. 

On 2017-01-23 at 7:03 PM, onekidanddone said:

Those carnival toys are crap.  He couldn't have opened his wallet and donated some diapers?  I'd call  him pond scum, but he is not that high on the food chain.

Pond scum definitely ranks higher than Josh.

Pond scum plays a positive role in its environment.

Josh plays a negative role in his environment.

With regard to Joy and Jed interning in the House of Representatives, I wanted to share this piece I read yesterday. I searched FJ to see if it had already been posted, and it appears that the guest speaker shared it last night. I thought I'd post it here as well since the Duggar forums seem to get a fair bit more traffic than some other areas of the site. And, it doesn't hurt to be reminded why families like the Duggars and Bateseseses are so dangerous despite being portrayed as Wholesome American Values. 

https://www.autostraddle.com/i-was-trained-for-the-culture-wars-in-home-school-awaiting-someone-like-mike-pence-as-a-messiah-367057/

https://www.autostraddle.com/i-was-trained-for-the-culture-wars-in-home-school-awaiting-someone-like-mike-pence-as-a-messiah-367057/

This is a really interesting first person article about growing up fundie. It name checks HSLDA as well as some other of the usual suspects. I love these types of accounts from people who have left the quivercult! 

Who is this Caldwell girl that Joe is seen with? Any details about her family?

On 1/27/2017 at 3:19 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

No, I think it is a Joy thing, she's the one that said she would love to go into politics, and Jed is her accountability partner. Like @Karmasaid there aren't any other girls to go with her, if it were a Jed thing, he could have had Jer or Jason go with him. I can't see them pairing brother & sister unless there were no other options, like in Joy's case Jana is too old, and Hannie is too young for this. 

I don't for a minute think Joy really has a chance of going into politics. She has at most a couple of years before she gets pregnant. How far could she progress from intern in that time? Especially with the amount of time she will be devoting to filming, wedding prep, childcare and household management before she marries.

There have been instances of boy/girl accountability partners before. Jana was John's accountability partner when he volunteered with the fire department and when they went on a mission to Malaysia.

And for things like internet and media access it is always the girls who are trusted by their parents to keep watch on the boys (because girls are clearly never going to have sexual thoughts!). Who knows what inappropriate things Jed could be exposed to while interning "in the world". For this reason I think Joy would be the preferred partner over Jer or Jason.

Can't believe the Duggars are trying their luck in politics again after the Joshley debacle. LMAO. They should be one strike and done. None of the Duggar kids have anything to contribute, because they aren't allowed to have any opinions of their own. They are just robotic mouthpieces for their crazy parents. 

It's kind of sweet how it's a Joy and one of the twins. I remember them being close back when Joy was allowed to play  with the boys. 

I don't know if a separate thread has already been opened for Joseph and his "maybe-courtship", sorry if it was. But just in case this takes off I wanted to open this topic.

The questions are:

are the Caldwells just family friends of the Duggar or is there courtship going on?

Is Joseph Duggar courting a Caldwell daughter, either Kendra or Lauren?

Is pastor Paul Caldwell (of the lighthouse baptist church in Fayetteville, NWA) the father, uncle or brother of either Kendra or Lauren? Or are they not related at all?

Buzzard found this gem regarding the Lighthouse baptist church:

buzzard wrote:

I'm sticking this here so I dont forget it, but this may warrant its own thread.  I rewatched last week's episode and jinger refers to the mechanic pastor as "Pastor Caldwell."  Google brings up Paul Caldwell of Lighthouse Baptist Church.  The images appear to be the same guy... but here's the kicker

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents

This MF sent people DOOR TO DOOR to hand out pamphlets "clarifying" the truth about how God feels about LGBT people... The images of the pamphlet are in the link.  This dude is a massive douche! How appropriate that not only is he chummy with the Duggars, but they're pimping him on the show!

Really TLC?  You cant even air a "clean" episode without allowing them to include some sort of hate message?

Suz8710 posted this. Apparently, the two oldest Caldwell children, Kendra and Lauren, are enrolled in some church /college programm together with all the unmarried Duggar children from James up.

Spoiler

IMG_9150.PNG.03af1ce1dba421a534bfc5d50a598830.PNG

Here are the pictures that some of you posted. I took mine from AnnaRuk09.

Spoiler

5886d378e1875_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.00c401f486a3430fbbeddfaa5b3f34ca.jpg.f11f8acb862377221d3b13d9f1eeed84.jpg

Spoiler

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.b2e4ce159300e159e3ea3986c116bb65.jpg.9c27e5aa32e3a81c2b16d632f9f0911f.jpg

Spoiler

Joe1.jpg.c280b46214f2bdc11ff8316f14a4da55.jpg

Spoiler

Joe2.png.67e48a572322674191833186e50c5096.png

this is just a short summary, if there is something missing, please feel free to add new information :-)

54 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Is pastor Paul Caldwell (of the lighthouse baptist church in Fayetteville, NWA) the father, uncle or brother of either Kendra or Lauren? Or are they not related at all?

Paul and Christina Caldwell have seven children: Kendra, Lauren, Micah,  Nathan, Timothy, Olivia, and Jesiah.

26 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Paul and Christaina Caldwell have seven children: Kendra, Lauren, Micah,  Nathan, Timothy, Olivia, and Jesiah.

Jill Rodrigues has a picture of the Caldwell family on her FB page and names Paul Caldwell as the Duggar's pastor. They met them when they attended Jinger's wedding.

Judging by the amount of times that Joseph has been spotted with this girl, I'd say it's likely that something is going on. I feel like we are also seeing more of Joseph in Counting On. 

Nothing like seeing kids who think gay people are "unseemly" get married.

And "trust in the; death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ"? Daddy Caldwell needs to learn how to use a fucking semicolon.

I'm pretty sure this is her on the far right at Jessa's baby shower. If she's just a family friend, it could mean nothing, but...yeah, I'll throw the speculation out there. I think this girl's going to be a Duggar.

Counting-On-Jessa-Shower-2016-27.png

23 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Wow. This is indeed very scary. This makes me look at the duggar siblings' intership in a different light. A very scary light. 
I also find it incomprehensible that homescholing is not somehow regulated on a national level. Basically, the christofacsist just continously point to their religious freedom and are then free to teach their kids anything, whether that anything has any ties to our actual reality or not. That is not only scary, I also consider it a form of child abuse. This way, children from fundies are deprived of fundamental childrens' rights, such as the right to proper education. By homescholing them, they remain completely shielded from the world and from reality, and thus also completely out of touch with reality. Unless they somehow find themselves without supervision and in the company of other minded people, they barely stand a chance of ever breaking the cycle.
I have so much respect for those that do manage to break away from that toxic, abusive environment!

Also, I find it very hypocritical that they only want religious freedom being applied to themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them support Trump's muslim ban. Yet, where's the religious freedom in that?

This all just makes me so angry, and so sad.

It seems pretty likely that there will be some sort of courtship between a Duggar and a Caldwell in the future. It's like Joy and Austen Forsyth. The Caldwells are a fundie family the Duggars have regular contact with since they don't live super far away like the Bates family. The Duggars seem to prefer to mostly go for fundies that live in their state. If Joe doesn't court a Caldwell girl, then another Duggar boy probably will. 

11 hours ago, Bethella said:

Paul and Christina Caldwell have seven children: Kendra, Lauren, Micah,  Nathan, Timothy, Olivia, and Jesiah.

Off to Google Jesiah - never heard that name before!

If it's Biblical, well I'm a little out of touch with the Bible...

There is something so almost incestuous about these fundies inter marrying.  Incestuous isn't quite the word I am looking for, but you get the point.  It is weird enough watching one family of interchangeable kids with no personalities or critical thinking skills, but to watch them court and marry some one who could be interchanged with their sibling is almost too much.

22 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

There is something so almost incestuous about these fundies inter marrying.  Incestuous isn't quite the word I am looking for, but you get the point.  It is weird enough watching one family of interchangeable kids with no personalities or critical thinking skills, but to watch them court and marry some one who could be interchanged with their sibling is almost too much.

I mean, marrying someone off to a sibling of their original betrothed wasn't unheard of in royal circles; Maria Theresa of Austria did it (when one daughter who was supposed to go marry into the royal house of Naples died of smallpox, another, non-smallpox'd sister went in her place, and then Maria Theresa had fewer girls to work with, so a certain Maria Antonia got shipped off to France...), Katherine of Aragon married Henry VIII after his older brother Arthur died suddenly a couple of months after the wedding, and the Queen's great-grandmother Mary married George V because his brother died just weeks after they got engaged.

Considering that the Duggars are fundie royalty and regard their children as chattel and/or strategic assets (not so unlike the royal houses of old), I'm not surprised that they'd probably do courtship do-si-dos if there are multiple siblings to choose from.

9 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I mean, marrying someone off to a sibling of their original betrothed wasn't unheard of in royal circles; Maria Theresa of Austria did it (when one daughter who was supposed to go marry into the royal house of Naples died of smallpox, another, non-smallpox'd sister went in her place, and then Maria Theresa had fewer girls to work with, so a certain Maria Antonia got shipped off to France...), Katherine of Aragon married Henry VIII after his older brother Arthur died suddenly a couple of months after the wedding, and the Queen's great-grandmother Mary married George V because his brother died just weeks after they got engaged.

Considering that the Duggars are fundie royalty and regard their children as chattel and/or strategic assets (not so unlike the royal houses of old), I'm not surprised that they'd probably do courtship do-si-dos if there are multiple siblings to choose from.

Oh I know it was done in royal circles, it was also done here in the US in the early days among non royals.  This is something all together different. My point was not that they are marrying their actual sibling, but someone who is interchangeable. Watching these people intermix is something. It is like watching clones.  No personalities, no critical thinking...almost stepfordlike. An interesting lesson in the sociology of the new generation of quiverfull for sure.

Not sure if I should have posted on the Seewalds thread, but I was looking through the comments on instagram, wondering about baby/possibly labor news and one of the comments was asking how "little Josie" was doing.  Just wondering if there was something to that, or just a curious fundie fan?  Apologies if someone already posted this! 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived