IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

On 1/22/2017 at 9:29 PM, Mela99 said:

That's a really interesting thought. Though, I'm fairly certain Mullet would have never believed her son was the cause of any discord, and it was surely Anna not being a godly wife.

^ honestly, there was that time where Michelle was at that marriage retreat and she talked about her fear of her (paraphrasing) "kids being swallowed up by the world" (i.e. everyday life for everyone else), versus "Godly living", and she seemed genuinely fearful that if they did, it would be her fault - like somehow if her kids strayed from the plumbing line of indoctrination, it would be because she's a bad mom. 

Now of course, she might have just playing to the cameras, and really if she does believe in that line of thinking, it's a bit selfish to assume that all children who grow up and are different than the parent somehow HAS to reflect on you.  BUT my point here is, what if she did sense something was off with Josh, and though I'm sure some of it was Anna's "fault", maybe a part of her worried it was her own?  Hence why she wanted them to go on the retreat she went with JB? (and presumably paid for it)

On 1/23/2017 at 11:40 AM, wikinggirl said:

I tend to like Krista, but this was a little too much for me. 

From the comments:

Krista's reply:

I almost understand where she is coming from, but not really. Like the poster said, no one takes lightly on abortion,  but it isn't about not wanting Krista to be alive, but to see that a baby is not the right thing right now. 

On 1/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, NakedKnees said:

I don't have that many pro-life friends, but several of them do seem to agree with Krista's perspective on this (many, not all, of my adopted friends do). My whole thing is that, on a spiritual/philosophical level... it's inconsequential whether you had been aborted or not. Your entire perspective wouldn't exist to be happy or sad or anything about it.

That said, I would never say that to someone like Krista's face if they were daring me to do so in the way that she seems to be doing on this post. This isn't because I don't think it's true, or because I suddenly realize it's an unethical, but because I don't share her experience and think it's a bit condescending to explain her own experience to her. I don't think she's witnessed this as a "pro-choice" perspective.

I do know that my mom and grandmother both had abortions before me (and my mom, respectively) were born. The odds of me and my sibling existing are extemely slim if it wasn't for those abortions. But I'm not going to dare anyone to try to hurt me about it!

Krista- if you read this, I love that you marched on Saturday :my_biggrin: Keep working hard and being awesome!

^ this time x1000!

I think Krista's comments don't reflect her stance on abortion as much as a thinly veiled plea of a woman who had a hard life, and declared herself that she didn't feel loved till recently, and now wants to hear affirmation from just about anyone (and so even internet strangers will do), that she's worth something.  She might feel loved, and wants to be supportive of other women, but based on her own words, I genuinely believe she lacks self confidence and would like others to validate her "existence".

Part of me feels sorry for her because of this, but the other part of me doesn't like that she's hiding (and vaguely shaming those women who have had abortions), in order to feel validated.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2017 at 6:46 PM, calimojo said:

But Anna didn't play it smart and now she is stuck with that fucker until he messes up again. 

I don't agree that she is stuck now. The truth is the truth no matter when she uses it. Not everybody makes a move when an event happens, sometimes they ponder the situation and just when everyone thinks its all over the person says Screw this, I'm done. I would love the hear what the older Duggar kids say about Josh in private, away from Mom and Pop. Anna may get more support than any of us know about. Now, all that being said, Anna will probably continue to stay with the slime ball but she holds all the cards, if only she knew how to use them to her benefit. 

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

4. They have a rainbow flag flying in their yard, and fully support marriage equity. 

5. Josh has always been faithful to his wife. 

6. They are pro-choice and donate money to Planned Parenthood. 

7. Jim Bob has never humped Michelle on a mini golf course in front of his daughter and her boyfriend. :output_eeMbjt:

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

5. Josh has always been faithful to his wife. 

6. They are pro-choice and donate money to Planned Parenthood. 

7. Jim Bob has never humped Michelle on a mini golf course in front of his daughter and her boyfriend. :output_eeMbjt:

8. They have their TV show because of missionary and not because of money.

I had a very quick look (it's been a slow day in my life) but I don't think any of the Duggar/Dillard/Seewalds are now followings Krista on instagram. Not sure she will be invited to any parties in 2017. (I hope I'm incorrect and that others can find them on her followers list)

I understand how Krista feels, but the point of "her body, her choice" is that if her mom came to a pro-CHOICE person and said "I don't want to continue this pregnancy, I want an abortion", that person would say "OK, I can help you with that", and if she said "I want to have this baby", that person would say "OK, I can help you with that". The point of being pro-choice is the assumption that women in these situations get to make their own decisions about their bodies and know what's best for themselves, not the government or some rando in a maxi-skirt outside of a clinic.

I respect Krista's personal stance on it, but I think she has undertones of being one of those aggressive protesters when she ponders "would you say that to my face." Yes, Krista. I would. I would argue that you, as a clump of cells wouldn't have a perspective and what really matters is what's best for your mother. She would ultimately make the best choice for her. I also wonder that how would she know she wouldn't really exist? What if she was just born again to another person? She is spiritual after all.

She seems to be making the fundamental (heh) mistake that a lot of these Christians do. That pro choicers LOVE abortion. That we want every single baby aborted. We don't, Krista. Just because we want women to have choices doesn't mean we love abortion. How do we know what your mother would've decided had she had the proper network of caring people that told her that her choice matters? Maybe she would've carried to term anyways. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I respect Krista's personal stance on it, but I think she has undertones of being one of those aggressive protesters when she ponders "would you say that to my face." Yes, Krista. I would. I would argue that you, as a clump of cells wouldn't have a perspective and what really matters is what's best for your mother. She would ultimately make the best choice for her. I also wonder that how would she know she wouldn't really exist? What if she was just born again to another person? She is spiritual after all.

She seems to be making the fundamental (heh) mistake that a lot of these Christians do. That pro choicers LOVE abortion. That we want every single baby aborted. We don't, Krista. Just because we want women to have choices doesn't mean we love abortion. How do we know what your mother would've decided had she had the proper network of caring people that told her that her choice matters? Maybe she would've carried to term anyways. 

My mom uses the same logic as Krista (whoever that is.) She was put up for adoption, and she loves saying, "I'm so glad abortion wasn't legal when I was born because I'm glad I exist." Well that's like saying condoms should be illegal because you're glad you exist. Or abstinence, for that matter! Should we just create human factory farms where we all breed as much as possible, so the maximum number of people get the "chance" to exist?? 

Using Krista's logic, shouldn't human cloning be encouraged by Christians??

6 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I had a very quick look (it's been a slow day in my life) but I don't think any of the Duggar/Dillard/Seewalds are now followings Krista on instagram. Not sure she will be invited to any parties in 2017. (I hope I'm incorrect and that others can find them on her followers list)

They've never followed her or any of their other friends (except maybe Sierra and the Hartonos...) Each account only follows few people...I wonder if they have account on other names...But she's friends with all of the Seewalds on Facebook....

I was going to say you can really apply this logic of "I wouldn't exist if my mom had an abortion" to a lot of things. If your dad didn't pull out, you couldn't have possibly existed either!

This whole "my mother could have aborted me" bullshit is a moot point.

I didn't find mention of this but according to Facebook, Joy and Jed are interning at the Arkansas state house. Since they aren't in college that we know of, would it be some gap year program?

IMG_4918.PNG

IMG_4919.PNG

I completely understand that, in a perfect world, there would be no need for abortions, but, as someone who is pro-choice, I know that there's an important need for them, and that, regardless of legality, they'll be sought out and happen. Since we all know (pro-whatever) that they're going to happen, I don't understand why everyone wouldn't want to implement things that reduce the number that's necessary. Access to contraception, comprehensive sexual education, and accessible health care. 

Obviously fundies and other religious people have a moral objection to abortion, and they want to fill up their quivers, but if they're really pro-life, they sure like policies that result in more abortions.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:30 AM, AlwaysExcited said:
1 hour ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

I didn't find mention of this but according to Facebook, Joy and Jed are interning at the Arkansas state house. Since they aren't in college that we know of, would it be some gap year program?

IMG_4918.PNG

IMG_4919.PNG

This seems to imply that Joy and Jed are in High School?

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

This seems to imply that Joy and Jed are in High School?

I read it as the other kids in the picture are the high school workers and Joy and Jed are interning there as well. They just happen to be from the same district.

So I presume they were given this as a favor and didn't work or apply for it like teens normally would?

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So I presume they were given this as a favor and didn't work or apply for it like teens normally would?

That's how a lot of political internships are obstained so it would be a safe presumption.

39 minutes ago, Archer said:

I completely understand that, in a perfect world, there would be no need for abortions, but, as someone who is pro-choice, I know that there's an important need for them, and that, regardless of legality, they'll be sought out and happen. Since we all know (pro-whatever) that they're going to happen, I don't understand why everyone wouldn't want to implement things that reduce the number that's necessary. Access to contraception, comprehensive sexual education, and accessible health care. 

I think Bill Clinton had it right--abortion should be safe, legal and rare. Rare because, like adoption, it's a sign that something went wrong in a life.

My mom told me more than once that I wouldn't have existed had she not had an abortion previously. I don't draw conclusions from that.  I think it's a bad idea to make global pronouncements based on one's particular birth circumstances.

When I adopted my first child, a neighbor said that was such a testimony for why abortion was wrong. I told her I was grateful for my daughter and grateful that her birthmother had a choice whether to bear her. The neighbor stopped talking to me for over a year.

I wish for Krista that she be seen and valued for herself and not a symbol.

I know a few people who have used abortions as a form of contraception and had STI's and still refuse to use condoms and birth control. The NHS has free health care and contraception and many places give away free condoms. I don't think these people should be denied abortions but maybe spoke to by a counsellor and told about better options than abortion. No one should be put in the position where they feel the need to have a backstreet abortion and risk their life. 

The person who is pregnant shouldn't be forced into keeping or aborting a child against their will that includes pregnant teens and pre teens.

Finally getting around to watching the most recent CO episode.

Ben, listening to the doppler: "Whoa... it sounds like... crazy!"

Wow, such an articulate specimen we have here.

4 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

IMG_4918.PNG

IMG_4919.PNG

This is actually kind of neat. I'm happy for the kids for any time they get in exposure with non-fundies. In addition, it's always good to see a brother/sister paired off instead of always same sex gatherings. I'm wondering why the duggars haven't mentioned this...plot point for this season maybe? Or are they keeping this on the downlow for whatever reason?

7 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Well, at least they're getting some 'real world' experience, rather than only being exposed to their own. It's always good to be able to interact with 'other' people.
And I agree with the brother-sister pairing as well. 

21 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I also just don't get "I wouldn't exist!" as an argument. It's very self-centered --- I mean, maybe it's just because I've read too much Sartre and the like, but I don't think you existing is on the same level as other people's rights or well-being. And as for the whole "well, what if So-And-So Famous Person was aborted" argument, well, maybe the kid who would have grown up to cure HIV/AIDS died of cholera at age 3 because Haiti's water infrastructure is so fucked. Or the next great American novelist has had their brain permanently damaged by lead paint chips and poison water and will never be encouraged to write because their overworked teachers just don't have time to give a shit about them. Or the kid who would grow up to stand up to injustice in her country and become a great president died during birth because her mom couldn't get proper medical care. Plenty of potentially great people don't exist, not because of abortion, but because some fundies care about abortion more than people who are already here.

12 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

IMG_4918.PNG

IMG_4919.PNG

It says that they worked as pages in the House of Representatives today.  They were probably there for a one day visit. I doubt Jim Boob would let them do a whole semester internship.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived