IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe just maybe, if JB and M would have shut down the baby making factory and focused on the kids they had already spawned, including getting them a real education, and actually parented them through adulthood, as opposed to turfing 6 month olds onto their older daughters, things might have turned out differently for all.

They should have focused on the already born and not on the next baby.

rosastrohhut said in the last thread:

They bought a 16 year old a house. Thirty miles from their home. Daily Mail is already covering it. Straight to freejinger. 33.000 dollars. That could get him through college (or community college). Could have gotten him. Where I live (Germany) he could get a BA and an MA with it and hardly need a part time job next to uni (only costs for living have to be covered, no tution fees!). 

Insane priorities. 

Probably more like JB bought it and put it in Jason's name for, again, control -- and as someone else (I forget who) said, maybe a way to dodge taxes. But if Jason had gone to college with that money, he'd have been somewhere where JB couldn't control him and where he actually might have been exposed to The World As Jim Boob Does Not See It.  Can't have that, now, can we?

I have a question. The record says "DUGGAR, JAMES; DUGGAR, JASON" but the other records show "DUGGAR, JAMES R & MICHELLE A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST" so wouldn't it be safe to assume that the property belongs to the two boys, James and Jason? Not JB and Jason? I'm just trying to understand it. Also, It's interesting how much property that GMA Mary owns.  Is Duggar properties the business and Revocable trust the family land?

Josh touching his sisters and now Ashley, it seems that Josh cured but found away to hide his issue...maybe.

Side note: How is JB going to restrict his son when they get married? That is something I would have asked if they had a Q&A because Josh had more freedom once married.

TRIGGER WARNING: Today I got a huge shock. The adult son of a former friend was arrested for sexual assault & abuse of tween girls, related to him. I used to babysit this kid & never had a clue he had issues. He was caught in the act. Those poor girls! I am glad he was arrested. 

Luckily he was never alone with my daughter the last time he came over.

so if I'm stressing about someone I have not seen in 10 years, how come the Duggars didn't do more for Josh? I wonder about this kid's relationship with his sister, his mother, everyone. I'm picturing how upset his mother is & how the whole family will be hurt by this news coming out. Mostly I feel for the victims. My heart breaks for his victims.

I don't think a person can evade taxes by simple a person's age. The tax man wants his cut no matter the age. I think that there is an age requirement to buy a house, so it could JB is helping him with the process. Why the older kids have not bought a house? IDK. Maybe their focus is on flipping cars and other quick cash prospects.

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe just maybe, if JB and M would have shut down the baby making factory and focused on the kids they had already spawned, including getting them a real education, and actually parented them through adulthood, as opposed to turfing 6 month olds onto their older daughters, things might have turned out differently for all.

They should have focused on the already born and not on the next baby.

And not only them. This applies to 95% of all the fundies we snark on. It is one of the basic reasons we snark on them at all.

Carrying over from the old thread,  Someone mentioned that Michelle may have sensed problems between Anna and Josh, before AM happened. 

I think this is very possible.  Remember that terrible episode where Josh and Anna go on a vacation, and Josh ended up giving away that giant stuffed bear to the that woman that ran some sort of a pregnancy half way house?  I think that was the same episode where Sierra had the kids paint the storks. 

Anyway, JB and Michelle gave Josh and Anna a gift which was for a marriage retreat, which I thought was odd since they just got back from a trip with just the two of them.  Michelle said something about it being good for them and I remember Anna's response seemed rather off and awkward.  I wondered at the time if they were struggling, and then of course  a few months after that the molestation scandal broke, followed by AM. 

I think that things have not been rosy with Josh for awhile.  His ballooning weight and just overall change in appearance seems to indicate he was not really happy.  He also seems to not have been all that close with his siblings.  Anna was so naive and reality is a bitch.  I feel for her.  She frustrates me because I wish she would kick his ass out.  I honestly think that if Anna had gone to JB and M and said, it is him or the kids and I.  And if you pick him,  I will drag you all in the press, and get the best divorce lawyer in Arkansas  that JB might have given in.  I could see Josh as being given a small home away from the compound, and put to work cleaning the toilets that Ben used to clean.  Or,  JB could have given Anna and the kids a nice home, close enough that she can get some help with the kids and then  put Josh in the little room that Ben had. 

But Anna didn't play it smart and now she is stuck with that fucker until he messes up again. 

• samurai_sarah pinned this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle had sensed something was off. Josh was essentially leading a double life. Trying to be the FRC poster boy with his young wife and soon to be 4 kids while secretly trying to get sexy time with as many women as possible. I wouldn't doubt if there was part of him that resented Anna for tieing him down. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if he was less interested in sexy time with her since he was looking other places. He was trying to experience the casual sex he would have had if he didn't grow up in a religious cult.  I remember on that the road trip  when Anna nudged him about trying for another baby. She must have felt something was off since he was spending nights on his computer instead of following her to bed.  He had to be subconsciously or unconsciously giving off signals that his family might not know exactly what was wrong but that something was.  

On 1/20/2017 at 9:16 PM, calimojo said:

But Anna didn't play it smart and now she is stuck with that fucker until he messes up again. 

Gets caught again! Josh has been messing up for a while but he needs to get caught. ;) 

Bit unrelated to the thread at hand, but I really have to hand it to Krista, who's a friend of Jinger's (insta: kristaann_vt). She was at the NYC Women's March and stated that she was marching BECAUSE she is pro-life, which means (to her) the dignity and rights of ALL life, including poor women, immigrants, and children who are already here. Good for her for actually walking the walk!

33 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Bit unrelated to the thread at hand, but I really have to hand it to Krista, who's a friend of Jinger's (insta: kristaann_vt). She was at the NYC Women's March and stated that she was marching BECAUSE she is pro-life, which means (to her) the dignity and rights of ALL life, including poor women, immigrants, and children who are already here. Good for her for actually walking the walk!

I saw that & was stunned. But I do know a few pro-life people, but they are truly pro-life, they care about babies after they are born, they want them to have food, and a home and an education. They don't support abortion, but they don't condemn  women who do either. I have much more respect for these pro life people, the ones who respect different opinions. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I saw that & was stunned. But I do know a few pro-life people, but they are truly pro-life, they care about babies after they are born, they want them to have food, and a home and an education. They don't support abortion, but they don't condemn  women who do either. I have much more respect for these pro life people, the ones who respect different opinions. 

I do too. I understand why people are against abortion from a philosophical or religious standpoint; to me, it's like people who are vegan for ethical reasons. We don't totally see eye-to-eye on this, but I see where you're coming from, and we want very similar things (it would be nice to have fewer abortions in the world, and I also think that we should reduce how much meat we eat) -- but what matters to me is that you walk the walk of your beliefs and use your passion to affect positive change, not tear down those who don't share your views (something I admittedly struggle to do as I work to at least mitigate what this administration plans to do).

Me personally on abortion? I think that it's between people with the requisite plumbing (because not everyone who has a uterus identifies as female) and their doctors. Though I also think that we should look at why people get abortions and maybe try to solve those issues (better support and healthcare for children with special needs, a streamlined adoption system, alleviating poverty, better sex education) so that there are more choices and people feel that they have options and support, no matter what they choose to do.

On 21/01/2017 at 0:46 AM, calimojo said:

I dunno. After all, it takes an average of 35 dry runs before a woman gets out.  I'm still carrying a tiny hope for her.

35, really?

I have just checked out kristas instagram and she has earned my respect with her replies to people. Very pleased that a duggar friend has come out to say She has never met a pro choice person that wanted abortion only, just the choice. (I know that's  kind of an incredible thought, but a lot of people in the world seem to think abortion is the only choice for pro choicers!) Very reasonable comments on obama too. 

I dont know too much about this girl though beyond she's in law school, was she raised fundie?? What's her story?

Edit- I realize I worded that badly. What She said was she had never met a pro choice who WANTS a woman to have an abortion, just a choice,

good on ya, krista.

she also called someone out for calling obama a Muslim when he has stated he's Christian.

19 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Edit- I realize I worded that badly. What She said was she had never met a pro choice who WANTS a woman to have an abortion, just a choice,

good on ya, krista.

she also called someone out for calling obama a Muslim when he has stated he's Christian.

I would just ask her in a comment... My experience has been that she'll answer just about any question you ask unless it's directly Duggar related...

38 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

good on ya, krista.

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Krista just posted on instagram that she's going live on instagram at 10PM NYC time to answer all of these political questions...I guess a lot of people were talking about it? So now would be a good time to ask those questions. 

On 1/20/2017 at 7:46 PM, calimojo said:

Carrying over from the old thread,  Someone mentioned that Michelle may have sensed problems between Anna and Josh, before AM happened. 

I think this is very possible.  Remember that terrible episode where Josh and Anna go on a vacation, and Josh ended up giving away that giant stuffed bear to the that woman that ran some sort of a pregnancy half way house?  I think that was the same episode where Sierra had the kids paint the storks. 

Anyway, JB and Michelle gave Josh and Anna a gift which was for a marriage retreat, which I thought was odd since they just got back from a trip with just the two of them.  Michelle said something about it being good for them and I remember Anna's response seemed rather off and awkward.  I wondered at the time if they were struggling, and then of course  a few months after that the molestation scandal broke, followed by AM. 

I think that things have not been rosy with Josh for awhile.  His ballooning weight and just overall change in appearance seems to indicate he was not really happy.  He also seems to not have been all that close with his siblings.  Anna was so naive and reality is a bitch.  I feel for her.  She frustrates me because I wish she would kick his ass out.  I honestly think that if Anna had gone to JB and M and said, it is him or the kids and I.  And if you pick him,  I will drag you all in the press, and get the best divorce lawyer in Arkansas  that JB might have given in.  I could see Josh as being given a small home away from the compound, and put to work cleaning the toilets that Ben used to clean.  Or,  JB could have given Anna and the kids a nice home, close enough that she can get some help with the kids and then  put Josh in the little room that Ben had. 

That's a really interesting thought. Though, I'm fairly certain Mullet would have never believed her son was the cause of any discord, and it was surely Anna not being a godly wife.

1 hour ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

Krista just posted on instagram that she's going live on instagram at 10PM NYC time to answer all of these political questions...I guess a lot of people were talking about it? So now would be a good time to ask those questions. 

Did anyone watch?

Unfortunately I didn't watch, but I hope someone did. I'd be interested to hear what Krista had to say re: her political views.

It finally occurred to me, in the midst of sorting my Planned Parenthood plans of action for the near future, that I should check the in on the Dumper's official branding page to see what kind of bullshit they're posting today. I've lost all fucks to give for this family, sparing the very youngest children. Their cult hurts people, and they've got some nerve humiliating and harassing folks on site at the clinics, folks who may very likely be going through difficult shit that is NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS. 

Uh... anyways. 

Spoiler

eheheheeee.png

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived