IGNORED

Douglas Wilson Rejects the Federal Vision, Shocks Followers

DomWackTroll

On 1/18/2017 at 11:13 AM, hoipolloi said:

Welp, after a glass of wine last night & two cups of coffee this morning I still don't understand WTF is up with FV.

I do know this, however: Doug Wilson only says and does what will benefit Doug Wilson, theology or not, real life or not. End of story.

@hoipolloi,  you're spot on with your assessment of DW.  I'm afraid you're going to have to move up from wine to Laphroaig to get through this whole Federal Vision thing, though.   Of course deceit and evasion are involved. Of course they are! 

MoscowID.net has posted 

The Federal Division Part 2 “Heretics are slippery with words”

Last week Doug Wilson officially split from the doctrinal faction he founded — the Federal Vision. He cited the need to clarify language as his cause of action......The problem is not the failure to use precise terminology or clearer definitions. These are symptoms of the problem. The problem is that Doug Wilson relies on deception to communicate and he will say anything necessary to escape the problem at hand. Scroll through the category Public Deceit to observe the ease with which he lies. He tailors his answers to suit his audience. To be sure, in the previous post we saw him claim distance from the Confederate flag for righteousness’ sake in public even as he flew the Rebel colors in private.

Full text here

"previous post" refers to The Federal Division: Excursus/Joe Morecraft Laughs Last, where Doug Wilson is caught out in yet another lie.  Unfortunately it's always a whack-a-mole scenario with Doug Wilson.

I've been following along over at Quiver Full of Politics. @Cartmann99 posted a link to an article by Umair Haque titled How to Listen to Authoritarians (Without Losing Your Mind) in reference to surviving the Trump presidency dumpster fire.  It's equally applicable to Doug Wilson. This is  THE BEST article I've read that demystifies the WTF aspect of Trump and other authoritarians.

Authoritarians invert the negotiating strategy that civil society expects from people in power. Instead of telling the truth about the past, and lying about the future, authoritarians do the opposite. That is the fundamental source of their power.

When watching Trump, or trying to sort out Doug Wilson types, start teasing out this pattern and it will all....well, make sense of nonsense.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katie Botkin nails it:

https://kbotkin.com/2017/02/25/tamar-1-temptress/

This is Jonadab, Prince Amnon’s confidant. I am happy to report that Amnon is repentant and has accepted the gospel. Ammon really nailed himself over this stuff to me, so please accept him back into the fold and remember: I’m still a great guy even though I’m friends with men like Ammon. Why? Because I’m only friends with them to make sure they confess their sins, no matter how abrasive or “victim-blaming” I might sound to the feminists and the uninitiated. In case you missed it, here’s a transcript of Ammon’s public confession just to prove how much he’s seen the error of his ways:

The whole "confession" and "commentary" are wincingly on-point.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:00 PM, MamaJunebug said:

When discussing Doug Wilson, never ask, "How low will he go?" 

There are no limits to his meanness. 

What a piece of trash.

46742248.jpg

On 2/25/2017 at 8:44 PM, paganbaby said:

Katie Botkin nails it:

That was Katie at her most brilliant.  Thanks for posting it.

What a truly stunning take-down of Wilson.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:39 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Here he goes again...........

The comments under that article are very interesting.  Doug's apologists are defending him to the hilt but there is some great criticism, including from a few Fjers, I believe.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:44 PM, paganbaby said:

Katie Botkin nails it:

Not gonna lie, I was cringing (for good reasons; Katie is a great writer) through the whole post. Doug's gonna need some ice for that sick burn.

Yeah, that one is barfy but today's post gave me hemorrhoids:

Pastor Wilson went iconoclast on the false goddess Feminism, who purports to offer help and healing to victims, but actually destroys their souls. I don’t mind in the least when somebody exposes idols and points me to the glorious gospel of the one true God who can and does save, heal, and free me.

(Referring to the backlash to the Potiphar's wife post by feminists who need Doug Wilson to victim blame them Jesus!)

15 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

There is a comment on there from "Toby Wilson" saying it was a great come back to "Dad's scummy post." Is that for real? 

Could be.  The only Wilson child I know by name is Nathan (N.D. Wilson) who has written satires of evangelical apocalyptic fiction. http://www.nsa.edu/academics/faculty/n-d-wilson/

I'm assuming Nathan isn't very keen on Daddy so Toby could be for real.

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Could be.  The only Wilson child I know by name is Nathan (N.D. Wilson) who has written satires of evangelical apocalyptic fiction. http://www.nsa.edu/academics/faculty/n-d-wilson/

I'm assuming Nathan isn't very keen on Daddy so Toby could be for real.

One Toby Wilson is the pastor of another CREC church in Richland, Washington. I don't know if they are related.

Nate (N. D.) Wilson is Doug's only son. Doug also has two daughters. Nate is deep in the Wilson family business. He owns Canon Press (sold to him by the church), and it publishes his books, Doug's books, his mother's books, his sister's books, and his grandfather's books.

Ugh, N.D. Wilson is Doug's son!? How did I not know this? I just saw a video of him talking about fantasy stories and really liked it. I didn't realize who he was :-/

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Ugh, N.D. Wilson is Doug's son!? How did I not know this? I just saw a video of him talking about fantasy stories and really liked it. I didn't realize who he was :-/

I didn't know that until relatively recently either. We read the 100 cupboards aloud when my kids were little. There was nothing overtly Christian about it at all. 

5 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I didn't know that until relatively recently either. We read the 100 cupboards aloud when my kids were little. There was nothing overtly Christian about it at all. 

That book is in my queue for read alouds this year. Did @Palimpsest say N.D. is not keen on Dad?

N.D. Wilson is the name the guy uses to write whimsical children's fantasies; he goes by Nate Wilson when he's operating Canon Press (publisher of the finest sexist literature, including classic Doug titles such as "slavery was actually good"). He also sometimes goes by "Kate" online to defend his father against critics.

@DomWackTroll is always fighting the good fight trying to expose Nate's double life on FJ:

On 1/22/2017 at 8:07 AM, DomWackTroll said:

He flies back and forth constantly, and I can't imagine he brings his wife and kids with him. I mean, really-- leaving them there alone so often, especially considering that his wife is not in the best of health? How is that living up to his publicly proclaimed definition of what a good husband is? 

Considering what life with him must be like, in this particular case, I would say 'frequently absent' is the best kind of husband he can possibly hope to be.

http://canonpress.com/confessions-of-a-food-catholic/

I went over to Canon Press and found this. Apparently universality in food is bad? It's 212 pages long. I am confused and intrigued all at the same time.

Does this mean I shouldn't light candles with dinner? Are my hugging bear salt and pepper shakers idolatry? Should I swap out all my wine goblets for teeny plastic cups? 

These are serious questions. Apparently so serious that an Important Theologian and Philosopher like Doug Wilson had write a whole book about. 

Okay. I had no idea who this guy was when I started in on this thread. I still don't really know what 'Federal Vision' is but after several articles and painful YouTube video viewing I know this. 

Doug Wilson is a horse's ass. 

What is it with fundie guys named Doug?

The thought of Doug Wilson shoveling food in his pie hole is not appetizing.  He needs to go on the Pa Shrader diet. 

1 hour ago, frugaldreams said:

http://canonpress.com/confessions-of-a-food-catholic/

I went over to Canon Press and found this. Apparently universality in food is bad? It's 212 pages long. I am confused and intrigued all at the same time.

Does this mean I shouldn't light candles with dinner? Are my hugging bear salt and pepper shakers idolatry? Should I swap out all my wine goblets for teeny plastic cups? 

These are serious questions. Apparently so serious that an Important Theologian and Philosopher like Doug Wilson had write a whole book about. 

Okay. I had no idea who this guy was when I started in on this thread. I still don't really know what 'Federal Vision' is but after several articles and painful YouTube video viewing I know this. 

Doug Wilson is a horse's ass. 

What is it with fundie guys named Doug?

Actually, it looks somewhat interesting, going by the description. I can definitely see that food-judgement has become somewhat of a problem. Fundies have really hopped on the foodie/granola bandwagon. 

@frugaldreams divisiveness around food is a real issue in certain circles. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. There's the whole messianic Jew fake Kosher thing, and organic "clean eating" being considered more Godly and Holy than processed food. All wrapped up with the Trim Healthy Mama craze (which marries those 2 ideas). I HATE people making food a spiritual issue. 

Archived