IGNORED

The Putman Family (cult) on TLC

ChickenettiLuvr

Before the 90 days is so much more interesting then this?

-          Sooo Barb has to break it to the family. They’re altogether except Blair and Jamie. Barb already told Blair.

-          Bill is the one explaining the biopsy because you know, Barb couldn’t possibly do that herself.

-          Blake is explaining how it’s different.

-          Mom is the centre of the family. Maybe Mom doesn’t realize how worried we are about her. We want her to be with us for a really long time.

-          Kaci is very emotional because she lost her Mom and she knows what could happen. She knows that it’s not easy.

-          A Mom really holds a family together, whether people realize it or not.  

-          Well that really explains how Kaci got suckered into this. She lost her Mom and they got her while she was vulnerable.

-          Barb is walking, Blair is behind her. They all look super worried. It’s biopsy day. She has calcifications on her left breast. Bill has to be there, of course. Normally I’d say, you know that’s nice. In this case? Nah, Bill just has to have his fingers in every pie. At least they didn't bring allllll the kids, I guess. 

-          Dr. Hines is there to be supportive.

-          Barb is kissing Solomon before she goes in for the biopsy.

-          Kaci hasn’t gotten the results back from her bracha gene test. Kaci went back with her. Which is good because it’s better than Bill. Kaci feels bad about not being there for her Mom and now the guilt is making sure that she’s going to be there for Barb.

-          They are explaining how they are going to do the biopsy.

-          Barb has a family history of cancer and that has to be frightening. I feel bad for anyone going through this type of health scare.

-          Blair was only going to stay for a week but now she’s going to extend her stay because her Mom needs her. Wait…what? Ah this is just Blair not wanting to leave. I mean, ok. Normally I’d be like, yeah that’s nice. No this is Blair, she just doesn’t want to go back home.

-          The nurse is explaining ice pack procedures. They’re all hugging. Which isn’t too nice. Poor Barb must have a sore boob. They will have the results Friday. By they, everyone clearly means Bill.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I keep thinking isn't there a breach in protocol somewhere to have your son be your dr?!  They are so enmeshed and befuddled I am sure it makes sense to them.... but I would want a dr that has no emotional involvement or personal relationship handle my medical care.

(This is only off of previews!)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

And now Creepy Bill explains how Jen is a mom to her own kids + everyone else's kids.

Ummmm.... does this show have a Sister Wives subtitle that I missed???

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

The cure for insomnia is Meet the Putnams but…you’ll have nightmares

-          *Yawnnnnn* They’re going to make breakfast for everyone. Jamie is at the apartment but he’s going to be there tomorrow to pick up Blair and the kids. Yay! She’s leaving. That’s good.

-          Why are they making such a big deal about men cooking? Fact of the matter is that men can cook.

-          Bill wants everyone to tell their Mom just how much they appreciate and love them.

-          Blair is talking, she bores the shit out of me. She’s always half whining or something. I don’t know. Gets under my skin.

-          They’re giving presents. Bill talks about how they have to give a gift to their specific Mom. Because they’re like the FLDS, they have all different Moms. You know what the FLDS are? Fucked up.

-          They’re laughing, something is funny. Now Kacie is going to cry because she misses her Mom. Also because she’s stressed about the bracha gene. Plus Bill is going to be all up her in boob business. Fucks sake. I’d be screeching too.

-          Kacie has so much to be thankful for, she’s trying not be upset but she is. It’s ok Kacie, you can miss your Mom.

-          Blair is reading to her boys. Her Mom is her best friend and to know that her mammogram came back with a lump in it is terrifying. Blair can you have friends other than your family?

-          The kids are going to do their dance. Brandon is very excited. Look at them all go. I wish that they could have a more normal childhood. I grew up with my cousins but we all went home to separate houses. I can’t imagine otherwise.

-          God is telling them to slow down and take the day and enjoy what they have. Um no, God is telling you live your own lives and move the eff out!

-          “This ain’t the same without Jamie.” You know why you are saying that? Because you want control over Jamie and the fact that he isn’t there, freaks you out Bill. He’s questioning if Jamie being a doctor is worth it. For the love of fuck. That is absolutely ridiculous.

-          Saying goodbye to Blair, Jamie and the boys is going to be emotional. We are a very close knit family. No you are enmeshed. You are fucked up.

-          You’re not leaving your god damn family. You will still be famiy no matter how far apart you are. This is the heights of absolute nonsense.  

-          When Blair is home, I have a deep feeling of contentment. You know what? That’s effed up. My Dad loves me but noooooo! Not like that!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

... Oh boy.... Bill just pissed me off!!

Telling Blair she's between a rock and a hard place -- because Jamie is finishing his residency.

No, dipshit -- YOU put her in the tough spot!! It is not up to you whether it's "worth it."

SMDH.

:angry-banghead::angry-screaming:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

-          Once upon a time I took physics and in that class, I would have a little row of numbers. It was the count down, how long I had left before the class was over. I am now doing that with the Putmans, 8 minutes and counting. Picture the Count from Sesame Street, that’s me right now. 6! 6 minutes!

-          So much unnecessary scenery.

-          Oh Jamie is there. It must be the super emotional day of Blair moving out again. How much ugly crying are we going to see?

-          Blair missed Jamie’s face. They keep asking if they are leaving. Yes! They’re frigging leaving. Oh mucho hugs. Kissing Kacie and then the baby.

-          Moments like these make the decision hard because you can feel how much love is there. Barb is bawling.

-          I am always in the middle between always living here at this house and being with Jamie closer to work. Blair stop whining. If you can’t handle your damn kids then don’t have them. This woman is beyond ridiculous. I can do a lot more. Every young Mom does this and does it without a shit ton of help. I’m going to tear my hair out on account of Blair.

-          It’s hard for my Dad to say goodbye. He refused to say goodbye. He went and checked on the house. Because he’s a loon.

-          Run Jamie run!

-          How many times do they mention God? Too many for my liking.

-          Barb and Jen are waving goodbye.

-          When Blair leaves, part of me leaves. Barb still doesn’t know the results of her biopsy. When something major goes on in the family, it’s hard when they’re not there to share it. They’re not even that far away. What in the absolute…fuck!

-          Bill just wants to be with Barb. He doesn’t want to go anywhere. Barb is still distracted with the results of her biopsy. Results of the biopsy…

-          Nobody has more love for a human being on the face of this earth then I have for my wife. Fuck you Bill. Fuck you. You have no idea how other people feel. You fuck.

-          Cliff hanger. I am going with, nothing wrong.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Once upon a time I took physics and in that class, I would have a little row of numbers. It was the count down, how long I had left before the class was over. I am now doing that with the Putmans, 8 minutes and counting. Picture the Count from Sesame Street, that’s me right now. 6! 6 minutes!

Nominating you right now for sainthood.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

In case anyone hasn't reached their pukefest limit for the night ...

Attention Whore Bill, Barb, Blake, and Megan have a Q&A video on the TLC facebook page.

P.S. Herein lies the answer to why Blake puts up with the disrespect. 

Edited by ChickenettiLuvr
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, cptbailey said:

Yeah, Jamie should just stop trying to become a doctor and just move back into the crazy house. JERK.

I saw the show last night. I was bothered that he said such a thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Gentle reminder to use search to see if anyone has started a topic on a new find before starting a thread! Helps your local mods and admins from needing to merge :)

yes, I searched Putnams plural, late to the game on this one - just turned on TLC for first time in months and saw a bit of it.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I saw the show last night. I was bothered that he said such a thing. 

It's Jamie's life. Jamie clearly wanted to be a doctor before he joined the Putman circus, that's how he got sucked in. Bill has no right to say "It's not worth it" This family needs to wake up and see that he is running their lives. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

@Carm_88  I think it's ruining, not running.  :) And they can't see that either  

Fearless prediction:
Blair tries to convince Jamie to move back to the cult house and give up his residency.
He adamantly refuses both suggestions
She moves without him
This leads to major trouble in their marriage
Divorce is talked about
Control Bill thinks that maybe divorce is for the best as Blair should be with her family and if Jamie can't understand that, he's not the right man for her
Sadly Blair goes along with what Control Bill wants
CB is then so so so happy and "content" to have his daughter back where she belongs .... for good.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Got a confession: For some reason, I just find Blake really attractive, I don't know why but I felt that I needed to get it out of the open.

Now that is out of the way: Why is he his mother's primary care doctor?! Like I think it's number 3 on the list of creepy things this family does. @MarblesMom I was asking my mom about that, cause I know they can't perform surgery on you so I feel like it would be the same for Primary care too?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

... Oh boy.... Bill just pissed me off!!

Telling Blair she's between a rock and a hard place -- because Jamie is finishing his residency.

No, dipshit -- YOU put her in the tough spot!! It is not up to you whether it's "worth it."

SMDH.

:angry-banghead::angry-screaming:

Me too. Bill is so manipulative. Blair needs to go live her life with her husband and kids. He needs to stop making her feel so guilty about going to be with her husband. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Did they explain why Blair wasn't in the picture frame Barb, ehm I mean all the moms, received? I actually paused the show and it's a picture of the three blonds and Barb. Since this seemed to be THE gift, I'm sure they could've found a picture of all the moms. Yeah, I don't count handmade cards and a dance THE gift. 

Or was this just another stab at Blair to say as long as they don't move in permanently, you will cause so much heartbreak - type of thing?!

As so many have said already - seriously Bill - "I'm not sure if it's all worth it?!" Is this dude for real?! Can he be any more self centred?! 

Edited by SummerRocks
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, 3 ring circus said:

Me too. Bill is so manipulative. Blair needs to go live her life with her husband and kids. He needs to stop making her feel so guilty about going to be with her husband. 

Never going to happen, a wet dish cloth has more backbone then Blair does. If she ever stood up to Bill and had an opinion, I'd fall over. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Eff da Putmans

-          We were left in limbo previously. Now we find out all the things! Yay. *I’m so excited* Actually, I’m in bed with two kitties.

-          God is Love. We are pushed back to the phone ringing. It’s the doctor. Barb explains all about the abnormal mammogram and that she’s concerned.  Asking if Bill is there. Of course. Let me roll my flipping eyes.

-          Good news, there’s no cancer. Amen, amen for that says Barb. She’s at a loss for words. I am glad, I wouldn’t wish cancer on anyone.

-          Told ya, told ya. Blah, blah Bill. He loves her so much, she’s beautiful or something. 34 years making all kinds of people. “You become one flesh, if she hurts, I hurts.”

-          Now Bill is screaming again because that’s all that he can do. “God answered our prayer.” Bill is making all the kids say that htye love Barb after telling them the good news.

-          Kacie is happy that Barb doesn’t have cancer. It’s been quite tense because of the health and the results from her bracha gene aren’t back yet. Her 30th birthday is coming up.

-          Barb is face timing Blair. She tells her that she looks beautiful. She’s going to whine about how much they all miss Blair. She tells Blair that she got her test results back and that they are clear. Bill is going to whine now about missing Blair. Blair is now going to whine about missing her family. Jamie looks kinda done. He’s zoned out. #FREEJAMIE

-          Barb misses them all. She will see them at Kacie’s 30th. Man that means that Kacie is around my age. Eek!

-          Oh good we are back to Blair and Jamie. Jamie is telling her that he will be home around midnight. Blair is saying that it was good to be home but she’s glad to be reunited with Jamie. Jamie says that Blair is making things up. She’s saying that it’s better to clean the baby’s pacifier by sucking on it herself. Jamie says that she has no idea what she’s talking about.

-          One of the boys is crying because the other boy stole his toy. Blair said that her kids are like shark week, they’re circling around her. Jamie looks so done with her whining. She’s overwhelmed with the kids. Then she shouldn’t have had three kids. She misses all the extra help but Blair is happy to be going home to see Kacie and her Mom. Jamie is giving kisses and leaving the house.

-          They try to have a special day every two weeks where they wax or touch up haircuts. They do it while the kids are at school so that they can have sexual conversations. Not what they said but that’s what I am taking out of it.

-          Jen wants to get waxed because her and Billy are going to go on a date and get some alone time means. Barb says that they know what alone time means. “You’re so hot let’s go upstairs and have some garage time.”

-          You know what’s shocking? They have a hard time getting “alone time.” Jen and Billy’s bedroom was above Blair’s and Jen said that they were having a conversation and Blair came out and said “I was wondering how long it was going to take you two last night because all I heard was squeaky squeaky squeaky.” Jen was so embarrassed. Now she’s not at all. They’ve all come a very long way.

-          Blair is good at plucking eyebrows, Kacie isn’t so good at it. Blair is a master plucker. I am not going to make that joke. I am going to leave it be.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Realtor.com is a much loved ad here, I am thinking that they should have used it!

-          So much greeeeen. Billy is helping Jen decide what to wear. He wants her to wear the dress that he got her. Now she’s going to start to cry about it. He’s wanted her to wear the dress for the last two months but it shows a lot of skin.

-          Jen is crying because she doesn’t feel very good about herself right now. I’ve been there, I’ve cried over that. I feel bad for her. It’s rough. She’s put on a lot of weight since they got married. Well Jen, you’re still a beautiful woman. If you want to change, go for it. She’s covering up more because her arms are jiggling.

-          Poor Billy doesn’t know what to say. He’s telling her that he loves her the way she is and that if she wants to work on something, he will work on it with her. He jiggles too. Billy has never given her a reason to have those insecurities. He tells her that she’s beautiful naked. He’s giving her a pep talk and saying that he would never remarry if something happened to Jen. He is now saying that they will die around the same time. Ok he clearly loves her and I like that he’s saying it. He’s telling her that she’s wearng the dress. She just has to make sure that the top stays in. Oh boobs.

-          Jen comes down wearing the dress and she does look very pretty. Which Billy tells her and Bill interrupts and makes it about him. Saying that he wants them home before 10. Billy just smacked Jen on the ass. Jen did it for him and then did it for her.

-          They are mini golfing. It’s thrilling.  Wearing the dress melted Billy’s heart and now she’s going to cry again. In the talking heads. Jen is saying that she does want to do something so that she can be a better example for the girls.

-          Jen is going to talk about her insecurities with the other women in the house.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

We heard from the Blair Putman School of Science tonight. (Which sounded exactly like the Bill Putman School of Everything.) "Some study somewhere proves that licking a pacifier is better than boiling it." Wha??Good on Dr. Jamie for calling her out!

And the Billy Putman School of Psychology: "We all have our CRUTCHES to bear."  I'm howling!! 

And Jen - She rocked that dress!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

Kinda bored and creeped out all at once!

-          Kacieis going to see if she has the bracha gene. I am probably spelling that wrong. If so I apologize. Kacie wants to hear the results but she doesn’t want to all at the one time. She’s preparing herself for the worst.

-          Hugging with the doctor and now, they are now talking about what they tested for. They all came back negative. So that’s a good thing. She can’t pass the gene down to her kids. They’ve had a lot on their minds in the past little while and it’s a relief.

-          Brandon says that it drops down her chances of getting breast cancer quite a bit. They’re now talking about possibly getting a mastectomy for preventative precautions.  

-          She’s asking if she’s going to have a party. Brandon says that extent of the party is to be determined.

-          They’re mashing strawberries and Bill is being a tool. They’re making jam. They do it once a year. They are going to cook 105 quarts of strawberries. They are going to talk about their big house so that they can do some canning.

-          Bill, Billy, Brandon, and Blake are going to compete in something about strawberries. I’m not even paying attention. I would imagine that Bill will win because they will let him. Blake is apparently really competitive. Blake and Brandon once had a competition to see who could pee the farthest off the third floor balcony. Bill is saying that he won. Of course he is. Oh god.

-          Blair and Jamie’s apartment. They are going to talk about fellowships and not the sweet kind. Jamie is a doctor, he has a little over year left in his residency. He wants to know what they are doing next year. Do they want to do fellowships? Blair asks what god wants him to do. Though I could have swore that she said Dad. Jamie wants to deliver babies but that would be out of state. The closest one would be in Indiana. Jamie says that they have to start thinking about it and make some decisions.

-          Blair is saying that they are committed to the family and that’s why they are going to build the big house. Jamie is saying that it would be a tough year and Blair is whining about being alone for a year or more. Now she’s kinda complaining about not being there when everyone moves in.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes to go! J

-          17 minutes to go!

-          They are setting up tents. I’m guessing it’s for Kacie’s birthday. They are doing a surprise birthday party. They are going to do a camping theme. TLC is all about the camping lately.

-          They need a whole table just for cakes. Blair is back for Kacie’s birthday. Birthdays are always fun because there is lots of food but Jamie has to work.

-          They are keeping the fellowship to themselves until they decide what they are going to. Why? Because there are so many emotions.

-          Kacie is turning 30 years old. Addison says she thought she was turning 21. Blair asks her how old she is. Addison says “36.” Blair says “Go inside. I’m younger than your Aunt Kacie.”  

-          One guy is one talking about how he thought it was weird but now he thought that it was cool. It’s apparently the way of the future. I SEVERELY doubt that.

-          They are singing Happy Birthday to Kacie as she walks out. She looks very happy. She loves it because it’s her favourite camp ground. She thinks that it’s so cute. She needs hugs and is being jumped on by kids. I really don’t know which ones are hers. Bill is being weird.

-          She’s excited to be 30, it’s finally realistic for her to have 5 kids. Well that’s oen way to look at it I guess. They have a bed set up for her in a tent.

-          Kacie is happy that Barb is cancer free and her test results are negative.

-          The dog is wandering around getting some food as well.

-          Brandon says that Kacie has an announcement, her genetic test came back negative “Thank you Lord.”

-          Now they are going to smash her into the cake. I mean the brothers and Bill are. It’s a birthday tradition, the Putmans did it with their kids. It started by accident apparently and continued. Now they are doing a food fight because none of them grew up.

-          What the absolute eff? I don’t even know what to say right now.

-          Kacie said that it was good and Brandon said it was a waste of cake. I agree with that statement. Why the fuck would you back a cake for that? And the dog is eating it.

My cats are asleep on my feet! 

- Who wants to bet that Bill will basically throw a funeral for Jamie and Blair next week because of the moving out of state! 

- I want to watch Blair try to survive her three kids while having no family! 

-Jen is telling the girls to go out and get ready to garden. I'm glad that they do garden. That's a good thing. 

- Jen is now wanting to talk to the women about her insecurities and now she has to. She says about wanting to talk to them. Barb looks really concerned and someone asks "Are you pregnant?" Jen is crying again and Meghan and Kacie are looking on worried. Jne is asking them for help, she doesn't like herself and she doesn't know how to put it. She wants to know how they have confidence. 

-Her daughter walked in on her putting her spanx on. her daughter told her that she's beautiful. She feels like a hypocrite. Poor Jen. :( 

- Kacie says it's hard not to compare yourself to the other women in the house. She says it's a positive in living together because they pull each other up. 

-Megan doesn't seem to talk much. She says that they aren't perfect and that they all have good days and bad days. She doesn't like that Jen is comparing herself. They're all different and they all have their strengths. 

-Kacie says that they will do whatever it takes to help her. 

-Barb was hit by a car when she was 18 years old and has had major surgeries and a lot of scars on her legs. Oooof. Now this hits close to home. *shudder* 

-Barb says that she could stand to lose 15-20 pounds. Let's make it a goal. 

-Kacie says that they will do it together. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1