IGNORED

The Putman Family (cult) on TLC

ChickenettiLuvr

This family is my definition of nightmare. I'm an only child. If I have to hug and kiss 25 people twice a day I don't think I'd survive. I hated it enough as a kid(although my mom still tries) when I had to hug and kiss my relatives when I saw them for family occasions. 

• Upvote 9

I hated having to kiss my relatives also. My mother use to make me kiss and hug my great-aunt and I think she had Parkenson's and would shake every time I hugged her. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I hated having to kiss my relatives also. My mother use to make me kiss and hug my great-aunt and I think she had Parkenson's and would shake every time I hugged her. 

I got a Russian Jewish family. If I don't hug and kiss every single person present, that would be like I'm dissing everyone. When really some people smell like smoke, others I don't particularly like, and the only I do like make a big deal of it cuz they'll loudly say go say hi to so and so. It's a nightmare. But I don't see them as much as the Putmans see each other. So I can put up with it on occasion. If I had to do it daily, I would have run away by now.

• Upvote 6

My mom was convinced that I had been abused by someone because I am very particular about being touched. (I wasn't) I have a bubble, and if I say you can come in, I am happy and probably want to show and be shown affection. But otherwise, stay out of it.  Family reunions and get to togethers are the worst for me because it makes me so uncomfortable to let all of these people hug me (no kissing, I draw the line there).  Living in that household would be a nightmare scenario for me.  I need a certain amount of alone time, quiet time, to decompress and recharge my internal batteries.  If I don't get that, I become anxious, snippy, and start feeling out of control.  I imagine the son-in-law who became a Putman is also an introvert and living there must be hell for him.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

We have HUGE family gatherings for holidays and it seriously takes 20 minutes to locate and say goodbye to everyone.  My 4 year old nephew, however, has mastered the "goodbye."  He stood at the top of the stairs at passover and yelled "peace out, suckahs!" and blew a kiss in a peace sign.

He wins.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 5

I was watching a preview of the show today and it made me realized how it's like having a family vacation with one side of your family but it's forever because they never leave. When I was younger I couldn't hug males (due to abuse) so that would be my hell (just more with the dads).

Just like the Duggars, I'm also wondering how they're able to decompress if they're sharing rooms and seeming like they just HAVE to be together 24/7.

• Upvote 6

Well the Putman's aren't living in their new mansion yet they just shared this photo on Facebook and in the comments they keep mentioning their current house and how it's not big enough for multiple washers and dryers.

Also this family is weirdly obsessed with sex. Like I don't believe the topic of sex should be taboo but they talk about it ALL the time and we have only seen one episode and on special. Who gets horny waiting for the sister to have her c-section? And did the producers really ask that SILmom about her sex life or did she just feel the need to tell them how frequently she and her hubby bone in a house full of 26 people.

IMG_0152.JPG

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4

On 9/11/2017 at 10:21 PM, MarblesMom said:

Where DOES TLC find these families?!

In sewers.  They prey on dysfunction.

Putnam or Putman (and I stand corrected! :)) They are nuts.

• Upvote 5

Ok I have problems. Read this whole thread today. Carm_88 if you need help recapping I'm up for it. Although your recaps are hilarious. This family is just so out there. As I mentioned before it kind of reminds me of my ex's family. "Before we make any decisions on this let's consult the family." No. Just no.

• Upvote 8

Previously on Meet the Putmans…you were all batshit crazy! Oooh nothing has changed!

Can someone keep track of the amount of times that this family says constant or constantly?

This intro is super cheesy.

Waiting room, they are all there and the Mom doesn’t know what is going on. So of course, she has to get Dad to come back. Because no one can do anything without Dad. Good lord Bill Putman. There is chaos in the waiting room because they have a shit ton of people there. She’s had multiple c-sections therefore they don’t want her to have loads of contractions, which she was. Bill is crying and freaking out because he always thinks the worst and he’s not in control. I think that is the main issue here. Of course birth is always a risk.

Oh a god comment already. What would we do without it? The kids are getting tired of sitting around. “Love each other and want to protect each other.” Says Brandon. They are still waiting. The Mom’s nerves are shot, she needs the wine more than I do right now. Once they got Blair situated the nurse said that the Mom could come in and she saw Blair laying there. Well she’d hardly be up having a dance party. Blair gave her Mom “the wink” Which apparently means “I love you, I’m ok, everything is going to be alright.” That’s a lot for one little wink.

Jamie says that Blair is in the recovery room, she’s excited but it’s a lot. “Our baby had a baby again.” The baby’s name is Solomon. “Look at the miracle God created.” Says the Mom. “You have my blessing to keep them coming.” Says Bill. Yeah because you have to ask your parents if you want to have a fucking baby. Do they have to ask permission to knock boots too? “Before a C-section it gives you peace to know that your family is here.” No by the jumped up jesus if I were having a baby cut out of me I wouldn’t want 23+ people in the goddamn waiting room. No Bill Putman policy does not supersede hospital police you dickhead.

Blair says that Solomon is here and he’s perfect. Bill is acting like it’s his baby. “We got a baby.” Noo Jamie and Blair have a baby. He’s saying that the baby is asking if it has any brothers or sisters to the kids. Like what is really happening here? They’re talking abut how they had 12-13 girls they stopped counting. I can’t believe that they are prancing all the kids back there, if I were Blair I’d be losing my mother fucking shit. I mean I know that she gets no privacy anyway. Brandon says the lack of boys is a sore subject. He really wanted a son but god had a different plan. They want him to grow up like the boys in family, no kids you want him to grow up and move away. Like a normal sensible human being. Ughhhhhh! This is so frustrating for me. I cannot imagine being in this family. I mean her own two little boys is ok but seriously prancing all the kids back there, that’s ridiculous. Poor Blair, she’s like a sideshow freak. “There’s a pack of us.” Yeah there’s something wrong with you. You all have a weird disease.

The nurse thinks that they are all batshit crazy. She says it’s family love but she thinks that they are absolutely out of their knocked up minds. It’s hard for Blair to be away from Jamie but you can tell that she is so happy to get back home. Jamie needs to take her, run, and then get her a really good therapist. He can change the name away from Putman and then Bill will never find them.

• Upvote 15

This is seriously making hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Papa Putman has the family well trained. He makes a grand entrance and kneels - and the kids come flocking for hugs and kisses. Reminds me of the creepy adoration Jack Hyles demanded. Downright pervy.

Apparently Papa P shares a makeup artist with Trump. What is WITH the white pancake makeup around the eyes??????

And Blair feeling torn between her dad and her HUSBAND. WTH???

I never wanna see another Putman mealtime. Why do the men eat like hogs at a trough? Disgusting lack of table manners.

• Upvote 10

Dysfunction thy name is Putman

They are cooking. They need some skewer helpers. It’s Emma’s 10th birthday dinner, she loves stirfry so they did that. She loves cheesecake. Honestly, who wouldn’t? I love cheesecake and red velvet. They are making a big deal about cooking for 25 people. “It feels like you’re celebrating a birthday every week.” You know if you moved out, then you wouldn’t be. There wouldn’t be 25 people. They’re talking about the fancy cakes. Which is good. Each kid gets a cake. Great story. Tell it at parties.

I wonder how they actually each every day? Putting out 75 meals a day. 12-18 gallons a week for milk. Over $600 for a midweek shop. You know if your kids moved out, there wouldn’t be that issue. But I guess Bill wouldn’t be living so high on the ladder if they did. There seems to be a fair amount of chaos in the kitchen. Assembly line yes, but it’s still chaos. They’re talking about Jamie and Blair again. Give them an update on a daily basis. They haven’t had a baby in the house in a couple of years and everyone is going to want to cuddle. Singing Happy Birthday to Emma. Bill is the loudest as usual. It’s all about him.

Jamie and Blair are tired. Blair had a day in the hospital before she went home. She gets to go home which is what she really wants. Although she says that she is just staying a week. She needs help with the c-section and the boys. She keeps emphasizing that the move is temporary. I don’t know what Jamie thinks about this. Yes, Blair. It’s all really hard. Blair has to be carefu and not lift her boys. Because they’re heavy. Jamie seems to be taking all of this in stride, a lot more than I would be. Jamie likes hospital food. “Party in my mouth.” Blair can’t have real food until her bowels are moving again. Except she ate half of Jamie’s burrito. This family has a hard time following the rules don’t they? Jamie when the hospital is relaxing, there is something wrong with your home life. They’ve been married 4 years and they have 3 kids. That’s pretty impressive. Although I don’t know how much longer that will be happening. Now Blair is talking about how long she is staying at home. She says that Bill said a week is not enough. Jamie sighs and says that it’s completely up to her, not everyone else. Oh Jamie, don’t you know that this is a group decision. It’s not about you or Blair. Blair is talking about making it easier. Jamie seems pretty disgusted by this whole damn thing. And I don’t for one second blame him.  

• Upvote 9

Papa P is an incredible attention white. I've never seen such playing to the camera. Sheesh!

I cannot watch the super Tuesday crap. I would so blow up that damn place. 

I'm SO done with their constant whining about everything-- the meals, the laundry, the bathroom, etc.

Seriously, folks. You gave up the right to complain when you signed up for this shitshow.

The obvious giving in to dad on everything just screams an abusive situation. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes girls

Bill is going around saying about 5 minutes and talking complete gibberish. Something about Super Tuesday. Oh they are going to make decisions. Family meeting time. You can say whatever you want and make all the decisions you want. As long as you are saying what Bill wants to hear and make the decision that Bill wants you to make.

They don’t like arguments. Guys are competitive about everything. That’s because Bill wants to be the only alpha male. They’re talking about shingles. Really does it have to be a family decision about shingles? I mean if someone in the house had the shingles…not that would still not be a family decision. Yes, blah blah small house versus giant house. Bill is always singing out. We know that. Brown vs black vs charcoal roof. Like it makes a difference. They’re obsessed with Blair and Jamie coming back. They wll drag them back kicking and screaming. Well maybe Jamie. I think Blair is having baths I the koolaid.

Oh my god. I can’t imagine trying to pick paint colours with all of these people. They are seriously arguing over the fucking colour of the roof. Oh my sweet baby jesus. This is absolutely ridiculous. Blake is just trying to change the subject because he is so done with all of this bullshit. “I know that I can’t talk about that subject.” You really shouldn’t talk about a lot of things. But you do it anyway. Oh my god really? Bill just wants the black. So I am betting that the roof will be black. There’s a lot of talk about what will happen but really Bill has the control here. Which is ridiculous. These are all full grown adults. And it’s the colour of the roof. “When Blair comes, tell her that she don’t need to be in a rush to go home.” Seriously? What in the lving fuck. Tell Blair not to be in a rush to go home to her husband? There is something seriously the matter with you. Holy fucking shit. Jamie says that it’s good to spend time with the boys before he drops them off for a week. Blair is excited to go home. Jamie looks less excited. Will they ever touch again? Now that there are three that will end up in their bed. I am shocked that Jamie got to touch Blair anyway.

Blair is crying now. Those hormones are really something else. I would be crying too if I had to go back but I think that she is actually excited about it. Those postpartum hormones dude. I’m sure that Bill will have something to say about that. Jamie is coming back Monday. Oh Blair, most women do this alone. You don’t need all these other people to help you. Yes if you have your parents or in laws around to help you, then you are potentially lucky. Or maybe you’re not. However, the average woman manages. Blair doesn’t want to be away from Jamie and he doesn’t want ot be away from her but Bill says and that’s the way that it has to be.  

• Upvote 8

When Jim Bob Duggar and his “Hey, hey, hey” start to look normal…

Blair and Jamie are still driving. Blair is still on the emotional roller coaster but she knows that she will have great support and be mothered by her mother. The little girl is asking Blair about the new baby and Blair asks her what the baby’s name is and she says “I don’t know.’ “Feels great to have her home.” Of course it is because you are all insane. No people, Blair’s home is with her husband. They all want to hold the baby. They have a surprise for Blair. It’s the room that she can sleep in so that they can lure her back. She’s crying again of course. Because postpartum hormones again. Jamie just doesn’t look impressed by all of this. Seriously Blair, you can say that all these people are crazy and all she wants to do is sleep. They’re asking if Blair has slept and Jamie says that he’s a bad crier. Blair says that the baby won’t latch. Her Mom says that he won’t latch because she’s stressed out and that she needs to calm down.

Blair is learning Solomon and he’s learning her. She’s really struggling and Jamie is putting it in a syringe to feed him but they didn’t need it. They are all wanting to hold the baby and Blair is stressed out and I’m sure having to constantly share Solomon is not helping her really bond with him. She has to learn how to do this on her own. Yes, as much she has to relax. She also has to learn how to do it on her own. She’s overwhelmed because she’s never done anything on her own. This is the issue. If she had to do it then she would figure it out. They are seriously passing that poor child around like he’s a puppy or something. They are really trying to sucker her home. “That’s why we are here to help you get acclimated.” Of course you will miss Jamie Blair, you are supposed to.  

• Upvote 9

What the Putman?

For me this is stressful, I can’t even imagine being in this house with a guy like Bill because I feel like he would just take over. Is he abusive? Well, he is emotionally at the very least. I would say that something physical has gone on too because even the guys aren’t thinking about challenging him. At some point, someone has to break out here and I don’t know who it will be but I think that Jamie wants to run. The only issue is that I think that Blair may have seriously bought into this bullshit. Jamie, you never should have changed your name to Putman.  

The kids are eating, Blair is rocking Solomon. Jamie is going back to work. Jamie would be stressed out if Blair was home. That’s because he has realized that Blair is not an adult. Blair is crying and it’s hard for her to be without him. It’s hard that he will sit in an empty house. Jamie is telling the boys to be good ad that he loves them. They are clearly going to miss him. Ew he has to hug and kiss Bill. That’s really weird. Another kiss for Blair. The little boy is crying because hes mixing Jamie. Of course Bill grabs him and tries to take over the role of Daddy. There is something seriously the matter with that man. Blair is crying again. She’s saying that it’s not a big deal but it is. She loves being home and is happy to be home, but she loves Jamie more than life itself. “God gave me the most wonderful man to love.” Her Mom is telling her that she’s an awesome Mom. Jamie took good care of her the last few days. She didn’t realize how much he does for her until she can’t do it for him. “It’s a bonding experience…” No it’s not. You guys want her to be home and that’s why she is. They are going to give her more koolaid and that way she will be content. I seriously think that they are worried about Blair and Jamie being out of the house. Oh use of precious.

Next time: Daddy/Daughter Dance.

• Upvote 10

What I don't understand is the room situation. Why did they prepare a room? Didn't they already have a room before they moved out? Or did someone take it? I would have thought that room was left as a shrine until they come back.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

What I don't understand is the room situation. Why did they prepare a room? Didn't they already have a room before they moved out? Or did someone take it? I would have thought that room was left as a shrine until they come back.

They did have a room, but I don't know what happened to it. It's really weird. 

• Upvote 6

Thank you for the recaps!  I will try to tune in and see the train wreck with my own eyes sometime this week.

There is no way in hell I would ever agree to live in, or even visit, that crazeball household.

• Upvote 6

I was just thinking yesterday, how curious I am with the spouses who moved in's families think about this. Their family obviously doesn't have to share but I guess I've just been like "imagine if someone in your family did this

• Upvote 6

I am so creeped out by this family, I know I said something similar before but I have watched years of Duggars, Bates, Gosselin, and other weird family reality shows and the dynamic of the Putman's makes me squirm in my chair.

Bill Putman makes me so uncomfortable! Nobody should have this level of control over his family full of ADULTS.

And with a household, shared bank account I can't even imagine how somebody would leave this home. Even if they have their own careers it seems like they would have a hard time withdrawing their personal funds from the family bank account.

This is a truly dysfunctional family. :my_confused:

Blair Putman practically makes Jill Dillard look like the picture of independence.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 14

On 9/20/2017 at 9:02 PM, Seculardaisy said:

I am so creeped out by this family, I know I said something similar before but I have watched years of Duggars, Bates, Gosselin, and other weird family reality shows and the dynamic of the Putman's makes me squirm in my chair.

Bill Putman makes me so uncomfortable! Nobody should have this level of control over his family full of ADULTS.

And with a household, shared bank account I can't even imagine how somebody would leave this home. Even if they have their own careers it seems like they would have a hard time withdrawing their personal funds from the family bank account.

This is a truly dysfunctional family. :my_confused:

Blair Putman practically makes Jill Dillard look like the picture of independence.

I wondered the same thing about the bank account. These "adults" can't leave because they can't get their money out of the account. I can't even imagine the fit Bill would have if one of the kids left the house for good.

I see in the previews that Jamie and Blair discuss a fellowship that would take them to another state. I think we can all agree that this will never happen. Blair would have no idea what to do with herself w/o the rest of the family.  I love my family, but no way would I want to live this way if I had a choice.  

I wonder how long it's going to take for their secrets to come out of the closet.

Oh and what is with the white stuff around Bill's eyes. It looks so bizarre.

• Upvote 8