IGNORED

Man stole work tools, then called his boss trying to sell them...

47of74

L. Scott Briscoe had this on his page this morning

wdtv.com/content/news/Deputy-Man-tried-to-sell-stolen-tools-back-to-his-boss-409795945.html

Authorities say a man stole tools from his workplace at an auto repair shop and then accidentally called his boss as he tried to sell them.

Citing an arrest report, the Times West Virginian says the owner of the repair shop in the community of Millersville told deputies that one of his employees recently called him about tools he was selling. The owner said the employee immediately hung up after he realized who he had called.

Deputies say they recovered the stolen tools after they obtained a warrant to search the vehicle and home of the worker, identified as 37-year-old Shawn Nelson Furner of Fairmont.

Furner is charged with felony breaking and entering, as well as conspiracy to commit a felony.

Now dummy is not only in trouble with the law, but he's out of a job now too....

Reminds me of a post I saw on Facebook yesterday. Some dude was on the run, tried to call in and claim the reward money (for himself), and ended up getting arrested anyways. The expression of the guy in his picture is priceless, too; wish I knew where it'd been.

2 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Reminds me of a post I saw on Facebook yesterday. Some dude was on the run, tried to call in and claim the reward money (for himself), and ended up getting arrested anyways. The expression of the guy in his picture is priceless, too; wish I knew where it'd been.

Yeah, I saw that story too about the man turning himself in for the reward money.  Unfortunately it wasn't a real news story. Some versions of the story said it took place in Georgia (yeah,  north of that state).  I saw another that said it was in Detroit.  

Archived