IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

And they are still completely shitty human beings. Whether they believe in Quiverfull or not, they're still assholes! 

Well, yes, there are a-holes in every group of people. Just pointing out that quiverfull and fundie are not always synonymous. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Well, yes, there are a-holes in every group of people. Just pointing out that quiverfull and fundie are not always synonymous. 

Of course. I can, however, understand the mixup for the average person. They just see the things that the Seewalds are sharing, the fact that they have a load of children, and are in line with the Duggars. The Seewalds shitty values are just that...shitty and they would be shitty no matter who they were affiliated with. Of course there are assholes in every group of people but fundies tend to be self righteous assholes. If they don't want people assuming things about their beliefs, then they should stop assuming things about people of other religions, sexuality, race, and general life beliefs. 

I just wanted to show this sign from the Women's March in Des Moines. They expected at most 10,000 people. It turned into 26,000 people! I went with my mom and dad.

A woman's greatest asset is her mind, but her power truly begins when she has autonomy over her own body. 

IMG_20170121_141311_292.jpg

Every time I read a blog or Instagram post from one of Ben's parents, I understand why their children are such dumbasses. 

Also, if Guinn and her husband (whatever his name is) are so concerned about the "preborn" then they should get off their lazy asses and start working towards causes that would help those babies and children while they're still in the womb and afterwards. But they don't give a shit about babies, they never did. The so-called "pro-life" movement has always been about controlling women. 

I liked this sign I saw in an article @Destiny linked to in a status update:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170121-133606.jpg

There were so many reasons people marched. How narrow minded of them to focus on only one reason. Oh wait, Seewald=narrow minded. How could I forget? :pb_rollseyes:

I didn't see this myself, I think this was in London, but these ladies made me laugh out loud.

Spoiler

hoBHghx.jpg

39 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I just wanted to show this sign from the Women's March in Des Moines. They expected at most 10,000 people. It turned into 26,000 people! I went with my mom and dad.

A woman's greatest asset is her mind, but her power truly begins when she has autonomy over her own body. 

IMG_20170121_141311_292.jpg

That about sums it up.

43 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I liked this sign I saw in an article @Destiny linked to in a status update:

Reveal hidden contents

There were so many reasons people marched. How narrow minded of them to focus on only one reason. Oh wait, Seewald=narrow minded. How could I forget? :pb_rollseyes:

This sign speaks to me too. Had the weather permitted me to go, this is the sign I would have carried. 

@freedom_for_all, one of my friends made Pussyhats to benefit the Charlotte African-American Breastfeeding initiative.  She's raised about $1300 so far.  I could ask her whether or not you can order from her if you can't find another source.

Speaking of signs, this one was carried by a transman that went with our group from Greenville County.

You know things are serious when the librarians start marching.

Yep, he is a librarian and he went to the March in DC with his mom.  

Mostly because I loveeee The Littler Mermaid but also because it has a great message! 

16114048_10154412077799007_3334318761637738739_n.jpg

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Mostly because I loveeee The Littler Mermaid but also because it has a great message! 

Chris Crocker ftw. 

@MargaretElliott--I saw that picture of the suffragettes and I wished I could show it to the Boyers sisters and any other fundie young ladies who re-enact historical periods without really understanding what life was like for most women in many past eras. The idealized past that some fundies idolize never really existed.

was anyone able to catch what little stick figures were on the back window of the car ben was driving? it looked like more than just two parents and a child

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Is he some kind of celebrity that I don't know? Or just a random (gorgeous!!!) guy? Can I marry him? Please?

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

Is he some kind of celebrity that I don't know? Or just a random (gorgeous!!!) guy? Can I marry him? Please?

Yes, he's Chris Crocker. He originally became famous for the "Leave Britney Alone" video that went viral and became a meme. Now he performs as more of a male and does funny rants and stuff on YouTube, Facebook, etc. 

10 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Yes, he's Chris Crocker. He originally became famous for the "Leave Britney Alone" video that went viral and became a meme. Now he performs as more of a male and does funny rants and stuff on YouTube, Facebook, etc. 

Thank you! Sometimes I feel like living off the grid for not knowing stuff like this.

Can I marry him anyways?

5 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Thank you! Sometimes I feel like living off the grid for not knowing stuff like this.

Can I marry him anyways?

I didn't know who he was either! Just thought that he was super awesome! :) 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I didn't know who he was either! Just thought that he was super awesome! :) 

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one ;-)

Wanna flip a coin who gets him? :-D

29 minutes ago, Flossie said:

You'll have to ask him.  He's not a piece of property for sale. ;)

He is cute, though.

Does this mean that we can't ask his headship if he's available and open to courtship? :P 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Does this mean that we can't ask his headship if he's available and open to courtship? :P 

Not until you submit the 100 page questionnaire and provide hair and blood samples.

LMFAO! I love it! 

I'm glad I knew who Chris Crocker was before I ever knew who the Duggars were, lol. Prime example of someone using their platform for good instead of bullshit.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:52 AM, Kleine Vampirin said:

After the initial digust at that post wore off, I realised that I'm pleased they posted it. As others have noted, didn't they seem sweet? Well, as it turns out they are full of bile. Let them be seen for what they truly are. 

I was one who thought Guinn would be a warmer, more reality based mom type to Jessa and a more involved, more normal Grandma for Spurgeon and all the other grandkids they're going to end up with. I was so wrong! What a self righteous bitch! 
I'd never want anyone like her for a sister.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived