IGNORED

Seewalds 14- Baby can I hold you tonight?

samurai_sarah

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't c/p the quote, but Jessa defended the Name, noting that Spurgeon was an 18th century preacher. 

Dumbass, he was around in the 19th century. Does she even know anything about the guy aside from what Ben's told her? Does Jessa do any independent studying/thinking at all? She doesn't strike me as intellectually curious. 

The worst part about her getting the century wrong is that she and Ben supposedly take "champions of the Christian faith" very seriously. Wouldn't she know at least a fair amount about Charles Spurgeon? The 18th/19th century thing is something pretty easy to mistake, mind you, but I hope she follows up and corrects herself for the sake of her credibility. A lot of people have seen the post now and are likely calling her out on it.

She said, "His legacy lives on!" so maybe they believe lil'Spurgey will grow up to be a preacher, too. I'm starting to think we're gonna see a similar name for Seewald 2.0.

38 minutes ago, marmalade said:

{snip}

She doesn't strike me as intellectually curious. 

me neither, that would take too much time away from thinking about herself...she is extremely ambitious, and there are very few directions for a woman to point that in her world

I wonder if they have a separate agent from JBIf not, JB would have had to sign off on those pretty mainstream Southern Women's shows she did while knocked up with Spurgey. I have wondered about those shows and how they happened since I knew they were a thing. Very un-Duggar.

44 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I can't c/p the quote, but Jessa defended the Name, noting that Spurgeon was an 18th century preacher. 

Dumbass, he was around in the 19th century. Does she even know anything about the guy aside from what Ben's told her? Does Jessa do any independent studying/thinking at all? She doesn't strike me as intellectually curious. 

not only that - she seems defensive - i don't believe for a second she originally liked the name.

and all the humpers just defend her 

i really think that wasn't her in the grocery store -and the whole babies shouldn't wear shoes thing 

is that even true ....

29 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

She said, "His legacy lives on!" so maybe they believe lil'Spurgey will grow up to be a preacher, too. I'm starting to think we're gonna see a similar name for Seewald 2.0.

If that's the dream, they best pray that Spurgie is more eloquent than Ben and Jessa! 

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I wonder if they have a separate agent from JBIf not, JB would have had to sign off on those pretty mainstream Southern Women's shows she did while knocked up with Spurgey. I have wondered about those shows and how they happened since I knew they were a thing. Very un-Duggar.

i am so sure they have a separate agenda than JB.  Everything they do - is trying to be separate yet intertwined.  Didn't Michelle go have book signings at one point - isnt that the same thing 

did they even fair well those shows? ... now her thing is the instagram where she can make more money supposedly and be at home ie TTH 

Ben can now be at the men's shows and have some vision 

she will have two kids under 2 - The TTH will be her saving grace 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

If that's the dream, they best pray that Spurgie is more eloquent than Ben and Jessa! 

well...he is definitely more charismatic and charming than the pair of them, might not have to open his mouth much, great ministries have been built on less :P

36 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

the whole thing was to promote the original Spurgeon (was brilliant or something)  which they want to do because he was some preacher which Ben wants to be - The same way I am assuming Jill wanted to promote Israel because she considers herself jewish????

14 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

me neither, that would take too much time away from thinking about herself...she is extremely ambitious, and there are very few directions for a woman to point that in her world

where do you get that she is extremely ambitious???? - if anything she is a layabout who did her deed of getting married and  having children all the while never leaves the compound, has her sisters look after Spud and just posts stuff - how does that make her ambitious - perhaps if she promoted stuff and actually made a million a year - she might be a teeny bit smart for such a layabout 

but ambitious - give me a freaking break 

that's insane 

NO NO NO 

9 minutes ago, nst said:

the whole thing was to promote the original Spurgeon (was brilliant or something)  which they want to do because he was some preacher which Ben wants to be - The same way I am assuming Jill wanted to promote Israel because she considers herself jewish????

where do you get that she is extremely ambitious???? - if anything she is a layabout who did her deed of getting married and  having children all the while never leaves the compound, has her sisters look after Spud and just posts stuff - how does that make her ambitious - perhaps if she promoted stuff and actually made a million a year - she might be a teeny bit smart for such a layabout 

that's insane 

NO NO NO 

I don't think they meant ambitious as in wanting to work hard toward goals but rather she has desires for status/fame/greatness. She'd like to be worshipped while doing as little work possible. That's the "ambition" vibe I get from her.

13 minutes ago, nst said:

that's insane 

NO NO NO 

I don't mean ambitious in that way, for heavens sake...she is ambitious for herself (and probably spurgeon, maybe bin some too) in her own little world...she is fundie royalty, blah de blah, thought we mostly agreed on that, and yes, it is mostly because of the exposure of being on tv

you are talking about ambition in the real world, where most of us live...not a consideration for Jessa.

19 minutes ago, nst said:

Wut?

1 hour ago, nst said:

i really think that wasn't her in the grocery store -and the whole babies shouldn't wear shoes thing 

is that even true ....

My optometrist takes part in this infant check up program called InfantSee. It's free for toddlers/infants under 12mos old, and its just one on those appointments where they mostly just get the kids used to being checked. Anyway, the optometrist told us that shoes should not be worn too much for infants because it prevents them from moving their toes and feet as much, and when that happens you prevent the brain being challenged (probably a better word for this) and when they're that young, you want as much activity going on as possible because it grows so fast so you want to challenge it in as many ways as possible.

If Spurgeon (ugh, such a terrible name) was just out for a grocery run, I personally don't see the need for shoes. Most people don't agree, but, to each their own. I already had my daughter barefoot most the time because I had so much anxiety that I barely went out with her other than grocery trips or doctor visits. Her feet were always covered from the onesies she wore when we did go out, and when we finally started dressing her in 2 piece outfits, it was warm enough for just socks, and those suckers ALWAYS fell off so she would be barefoot most the time. But she was either in her carseat with a light blanket covering her or bundled in a blanket because my family thinks babies are always freezing, so shoes weren't a priority for us. Also, baby shoes are ridiculously expensive and they grow out of them so quickly! We waited to buy them only when she started cruising/walking. Plus, some kids just don't like shoes and always manage to take them off.

Kids and shoes: My youngest HATED shoes. He still hates shoes. He's got these wide-ass hobbit looking feet...I really wish he'd cover them suckers up...he was born in late June so he didn't really wear clothes until it got chilly...so he was probably 3-4 months old by then. Once he hit about a year old, the kid could strip down to his diaper in his car seat. I have not very fond memories of trying to find his shoes when we got out of the car. My youngest granddaughter was and is the same way....another shoe and clothes hater. Thing is, she was born in mid-October in Colorado. 

I STILL hate shoes. Having to wear actual shoes is a fate worse than death for me. I will happily wear sandals and flip flops (the good ones, not the cheap-ass rubber ones) if I have to. I drive barefoot most of the time, don't wear shoes in the house and when I was working, was known for kicking off my shoes under my desk. 

@feministxtian, me too on shoes! Love boots though:my_biggrin:! I have "ugly-ass moon boots,  Mama!" several pairs, several shades of brown, purple and red cowboy boots and they still come off as soon as my feet are warm enough in the house. I have two kids that love shoes and one that grunts and puts shoes on for work only-he always hated shoes and undid those lace keeper things faster than I could figure those suckers out!

Kids and shoes: I work at a nursery/kindergarten, if the floorheating is on in winter or it is warm enough in summer we can let them walk barefoot. Even the teachers take off their shoes in the garden if it is warm enough. I guess it is a cultural thing. The children can run in their panties nothing else in high summer as well. We do not oversexualise kids and once they got their sunscreen/sunblocker on they are fine and happy to play with water. BUT they must wear a hat! (I work 15 miles from Berlin/eastern Germany). 

3 hours ago, goldengrove said:

I don't mean ambitious in that way, for heavens sake...she is ambitious for herself (and probably spurgeon, maybe bin some too) in her own little world...she is fundie royalty, blah de blah, thought we mostly agreed on that, and yes, it is mostly because of the exposure of being on tv

you are talking about ambition in the real world, where most of us live...not a consideration for Jessa.

You know, I do see Jessa as ambitious actually. She kind of reminds me of Derrick in that she likes to have things her way and she obviously has a vision for herself and her family. I think she wants to have the most kids, the most successful relationship, to get the most screen time, etc... to become a matriarch in the clan. It's sad to me really; she has the temperament to have actually done something in the real world in another life. Without all the fundie bullshit, she could have channeled that energy into something else.

3 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

Kids and shoes: I work at a nursery/kindergarten, if the floorheating is on in winter or it is warm enough in summer we can let them walk barefoot. Even the teachers take off their shoes in the garden if it is warm enough. I guess it is a cultural thing. The children can run in their panties nothing else in high summer as well. We do not oversexualise kids and once they got their sunscreen/sunblocker on they are fine and happy to play with water. BUT they must wear a hat! (I work 15 miles from Berlin/eastern Germany). 

This sounds pretty cool. Kids were never allowed to take shoes off at the preschools I worked at, including for naptime. The reasoning was that in case of emergency like fire the kids needed to have their shoes on to run outside. They couldn't have their shoes off outside in case they stepped on something that could hurt them. I was just like "Who wants to sleep with sneakers on?"

My daughter didn't wear shoes until she turned one, except some soft flexible boots during the week or so it got cold here in Florida. She didn't walk until 14 months so there wasn't much point.  When we went out I put socks on her and called it a day. Plus, it's true that shoes can mess up development of the feet. Barefoot is best, as they say.

3 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

We're living very close :-) The things you describe sound very familiar to me, this is how I grew up too. I love feeling the grass or sand under my feet :-)

8 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I don't think they meant ambitious as in wanting to work hard toward goals but rather she has desires for status/fame/greatness. She'd like to be worshipped while doing as little work possible. That's the "ambition" vibe I get from her.

from the very beginning in print both Ben and Jessa have stated they want to inspire others. 

based on what i have no idea - their beauty - his desire to preach 

they need to earn it - not demand it from the get go 

just because the parents demanded it - they need to earn things 

earning things is the best way- but being on a tv show - lamenting and then doing the opposite online is different 

8 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Wut?

no need to what me.... apparently Jill liked the country because they went there - correct me if i am wrong 

I only put shoes on my 4 month old for pictures. She has a shiny pair of gold Mary Janes that she wore to meet Santa and had grown out of a week later. I have no regrets.

Spurge wearing or not wearing shoes is the least of his problems. If he's still stomping around barefoot at 18 while standing on a street corner preaching with his Daddy and 17 other brothers, then it will be a problem.

8 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I only put shoes on my 4 month old for pictures. She has a shiny pair of gold Mary Janes that she wore to meet Santa and had grown out of a week later. I have no regrets.

Spurge wearing or not wearing shoes is the least of his problems. If he's still stomping around barefoot at 18 while standing on a street corner preaching with his Daddy and 17 other brothers, then it will be a problem.

Wearing braces ( suspenders) and a flat cap. I can just picture it now!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived