IGNORED

Scamaritan

DomWackTroll

20 hours ago, teachergirl said:

No i think they are there...he works for his dad's real estate company....Nothing like taking dominion over the real estate market. lol

Poor Alaska. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, "accepting ebil gub'mint insurance means I'm not trusting God enough."

These wretched sons of bitches are depriving their wives and children of proper care over what? Pride? Because it certainly isn't over theology.

So if there is a pot of, say, $1 million in contributions this month, but there have been a lot of children in NICU because megafamilies + no pre-natal care, or whatever, and the amount needed is $2 million that month, what happens?

And if, eg, I am meant to send my contribution this month to someone whose beliefs or medical condition I disapprove of, can I decide not to?  How does Scamaritan tell?  Can I send a passive aggressive disapproving note instead of a loving one?

On 15.1.2017 at 1:42 AM, Inky said:

I thought it filtered out any smokers, drinkers, gay people, and perhaps those travelling to countries where disease is common.

Oh and no doubt athiests and other "undesirables"

I wonder how they deal with missionaries!

51 minutes ago, Lurky said:

So if there is a pot of, say, $1 million in contributions this month, but there have been a lot of children in NICU because megafamilies + no pre-natal care, or whatever, and the amount needed is $2 million that month, what happens?

Here is the answer from their FAQ

However, if all needs cannot be met, we use a prorating method to evenly distribute the burden. For example, if there is only enough share money for 90 percent of the needs submitted for a particular month, only 90 percent of each need would be published in the newsletter for that month. If prorating occurs three months in a row without being reversed, the Board must propose a share increase to the members for a vote.

If you have a long hospital stay or NICU stay, you are sort of out of luck because you can only submit $250,000 unless you join another program called Save to Share where you agree to save a certain amount of money each year to go towards paying medical bills. 

37 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I wonder how they deal with missionaries!

You can join, but you need to have someone in America who will get the money for you if you need it and who will mail out your monthly payments. You also have to have the bills translated to English and the amount in American dollars before you submit the expense. 

If you have had cancer in the past and it comes back, you can't share the expense. If you have Type 1 diabetes before you join, they won't cover it either. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If you have had cancer in the past and it comes back, you can't share the expense. If you have Type 1 diabetes before you join, they won't cover it either. 

Clearly, Scamaritans believe that pre-existing conditions are ungodly. 

What a bunch preening hypocrites these people are.

@formergothardite is absolutely correct. Scamaritan and those who subscribe to it have totally perverted the meaning of the Parable of the Good Samaritan

I'm just gonna throw in this photo of James and Stacy's new BASEMENT because hell no I don't believe that essential oils paid for all this. I just don't. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

I'm just gonna throw in this photo of James and Stacy's new BASEMENT because hell no I don't believe that essential oils paid for all this. I just don't. 

I do. My young living oil pusher friend posted on FB recently she just had her first 6 digit year. Her husband is going to retire and they are going to work together to continue to expand the business. 

Ha! My previously mentioned friend is a mutual friend of mine and Stacy's. 

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

If not oils, or oils alone, what else? I'm truly curious. 

They already shoved a 12-passenger van in our FB faces. 

5 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

If not oils, or oils alone, what else? I'm truly curious. 

All I can say is I have been following this couple for over a decade now, and I never saw them living high on the hog like this before Dr. Michael DeBakey (Stacy's biological grandfather) died. Before that, they were in all kinds of financial trouble over that homeschooling magazine of theirs, and that went on for years. But since DeBakey died, they've been traveling a LOT, renovating, and definitely upgrading their wardrobes. 

It's all speculation, of course. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

All I can say is I have been following this couple for over a decade now, and I never saw them living high on the hog like this before Dr. Michael DeBakey (Stacy's biological grandfather) died. Before that, they were in all kinds of financial trouble over that homeschooling magazine of theirs, and that went on for years. But since DeBakey died, they've been traveling a LOT, renovating, and definitely upgrading their wardrobes. 

It's all speculation, of course. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

It might be. I can imagine the DeBakeys giving her $ with the stipulation that she never again mention her &)*#£ oils around them...

Have they relocated to Texas? 

On 1/15/2017 at 4:09 PM, EmiGirl said:

It infuriates me that some of these people clearly qualify for state insurance or medicare, but won't take it because ebil gov'ment.

Definitely. Not to mention there are plenty of people out there who don't qualify for assistance with their health insurance but could really use it. It's sad to think there are some people who will pass on even the most basic regular health insurance when they could afford it.

12 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Clearly, Scamaritans believe that pre-existing conditions are ungodly. 

I can't wrap my head around why someone today would opt for a plan that doesn't cover issues from pre-existing conditions. And at least for certain diseases and conditions, I'm sure plenty of fundies do consider them markers of ungodliness.

@ladyamylynn, thank you for introducing me to Mitchell and Webb.  Awesome skit.  I'll be heading deeper into them today!   

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I can imagine the DeBakeys giving her $ with the stipulation that she never again mention her &)*#£ oils around them...

Laughing loudly before 6:20 am! 

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Have they relocated to Texas? 

Hardly anyone in Texas has a basement;  we're just not a basement people. Most people have garages, which are crammed full of boxes of who knows what.  ;-)

Fundies fighting on Facebook. Awesome!

Has anyone whined about being attacked yet? Taken their ball and gone home? Told someone they are not the right kind of chrstian? Attacked someone for the use/non use of a doctor/hospital?

The possibilities are endless and I do like to let my imagination run wild sometimes so I will not look. I will simply let my mind go where it wants to. I am seriously giddy just thinking about it.

19 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

All this talk about Samaritans made me remember one of my favorite Mitchell and Webb sketches. 

That was hilarious, thanks!  The FB slap-fest is very amusing too.  Even Botkins coming out of the woodwork.

I too can't believe that Scamaritan hasn't toppled yet.  It really makes no sense to me how it works and I expect it to go broke any minute.  

It's ridiculous that these people won't accept government benefits.  If they pay their taxes they are entitled to them - and I think it wicked to deprive their children of them even if they don't pay taxes.  They really want a parallel economy and only to do business with the right kind of Christian.  Mind you, I  avoid doing business with rabid Fundies whenever possible...

Scamaritan does seem to have very rigid requirements and I suspect it denies claims all the time with thin excuses.  A bit of extra trivia, both Nathan and Christopher Maxwell have done Scam endorsements but Steve was forced to cough up the info that both he and Teri were denied membership due to pre-existing conditions.  No he didn't say what they were.

I wonder what they would do if a new baby was in the NICU & the hospital tried to force them to sign up for Medicaid for the baby. Because I doubt my state (liberal Northeast) would accept Scamaritan as insurance. Hospitals do want their bills paid & will turn bills over to a bill collector. They have even sued people if the bill is large enough. If they only way to get paid is Medicaid, the hospital will push for it. Giving birth is qualifying cent so they don't have to wait for open enrollment 

I have never been able to wrap my brain around how Scamaritan actually works, and I feel like the more of their explanations I read, the less I understand it. For example:

If prorating occurs three months in a row without being reversed, the Board must

propose a share increase to the members for a vote.

Okay, that's nice and all, but what if the members vote no? What is the contingency plan? Do bills just go unpaid and/or people don't get care if the members don't volunteer to pay more money?

I also don't get what any of this has to do with the story of the Good Samaritan. The Good Samaritan helped out of the goodness of his heart with no expectation of compensation or repayment. It's a story about generosity and recognition of the common humanity of a stranger in need. I don't see how a cost-sharing agreement where members expect to get back what they put into it matches up with the  lesson of the story.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

If they pay their taxes they are entitled to them

Maybe they cheat on their taxes....

Archived