IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

Anyone else think Lori must be very boring in person? She has nothing to do but harp on one tedious subject.  Home alone all day, no one to talk to or bully. Yawn.

True Bible studies is very interesting, taking into account various languages, history, psychology. If you are willing to do the work. I don't think Lori is capable of it, intellectually. Due to problems with interpretation of languages, some of the verses don't mean what people think they do.

There's a reason why priests and ministers get advanced college degrees, unlike some pastors who study the Bible on their own and then declare themselves experts. Time to open up a church in a strip mall!

She doesn't have the temperament to be a teacher either because she can't stand questions or challenges.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And our friend Trey is at it again. Sexy post.

But a sinful husband does not in any way, shape or form get a wife off of the hook for obeying God’s word. God has given women a specific verse to tell them how to handle this situation. (1 Peter 3:1-2) Consider the fact the husbands are given no such verse.

That verse, my dear Trey, is not a recipe for success. And it's part of a letter that also includes some instructions to husbands!!!!!! How about you read those, Trey?  I'll look them up for you. Here you go! 

7 Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you[a] of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

I'm assuming that "likewise" ties this verse to the ones directed at the wives, so.... it seems like it may be a recipe for men who aren't enjoying marriage all that much? 

It is human nature to always think it’s the other persons fault but my observation in life is that women are much worse at this than men. Men tend to take responsibility for their actions (more often than not resulting in resolutions) but women tend to blame others (and the same mistakes are often repeated over and over because they have never been acknowledged as a problem). It seems to be harder to get a woman to admit her faults.

Really, Trey? If I recall correctly, in Genesis chapter 3 we find Adam blaming The Woman and God himself in one swoop:  12 The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” 

I think you kind of take after Adam, Trey. 

I have NEVER heard a man complain about his wife to another man except in a one-on-one counseling session (and those are rare); never in a group setting. 

Well I guess I misread this post where Lori so graciously gave you men the space to air your grievances against your wives. In a group setting. On the internet. On a woman's blog! 

I am an engineer by trade, trained to find the root causes of problems. I am also a very objective person by nature and what I see is that although women most often want to blame everything that is going wrong on their husbands, they are in fact, (most often) the root cause of the problems in a marriage and the reason is because they are not doing it as God commands.

I guess you and I will disagee on the meaning of the word "objective". 

Trey, I have yet to see you take responsibility for anything that is going or has gone wrong in your marriage. You go onto Lori's blog to tell women they are the root cause of every problem in their marriages.  

Do you know that the same passages that tell women to submit to their husbands, in everything, also tell husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the Church? When was the last time you meditated on just HOW Christ loved the Church and what that might mean for you as a husband?   You are also to honor your wife, and live with her in understanding. I doubt that demanding that she choose to be aroused whenever you want sex, and that she make herself want it and make herself act as if she were enjoying it falls within the definition of "living in understanding " or "honoring", yes, as the weaker vessel. You like that weaker vessel bit, well get it in context. You are to HONOR her. 

I am actually very reluctant to contribute here and try and post as little as possible and only when I think I can proved something helpful. 

:laughing-rolling:

I know that I can come across as harsh but I certainly do not hate women. I am actually showing love to all of you by being here and sharing something that you have no direct access to, a mans point of view. I am trying to share some of the knowledge that I have obtained in this life with you in the hope that your marriages might be improved. Understand that I am also telling you things that many of your husbands would never be able to tell you and even if asked directly, they might deny it because of how sensitive these issues are to them.

We shall be eternally grateful for the wisdom you have shared with us, Trey. Now you can go back to loving your wife and enjoying your, no doubt, awesome marriage. (sarcasm)

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Arizona ain't for everyone. We lived just east of PHX for a couple of years. Loved the countryside but couldn't take the heat. 

Rural Arizona is a unique place to live. I  notice that woman said she moved last summer. That means she has experienced a full summer there. Summer can start in March and end in late October. It can be hotter than 110 sometimes. Rural Arizona is even tougher to live in than the city. Javelinas roam everywhere. you have to worry about mountain lions (and bobcats, though they are less dangerous) and rattlesnakes and sunburn and dehydration and brown recluse spiders and a host of other things. You can (or shouldn't IMO) let small children out to play alone in rural Arizona--they dont' want to go anyway because of the omnipresent cacti. Try pulling some prickers out of a screaming small child--you'll be urging them to spend their afternoons watching TV.

I'm glad she loves it, but her concerns about moving there sound perfectly realistic to me. Nothing ungodly about it.

1 minute ago, Hisey said:

Summer can start in March and end in late October. It can be hotter than 110 sometimes.

Yup! it was the only place I lived that I couldn't take that leg shaving winter break. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

Yup! it was the only place I lived that I couldn't take that leg shaving winter break. 

LOL. I take a year-round break nowadays.

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

There's a reason why priests and ministers get advanced college degrees, unlike some pastors who study the Bible on their own and then declare themselves experts. Time to open up a church in a strip mall!

This, a million times this! I cannot fathom listening to a teacher (preacher/priest) that doesn't have advanced education in their subject area. Then again majority of these fundies are SOTDRT and teaching their own kids. :annoyed:

1 hour ago, onemama said:

I know that I can come across as harsh but I certainly do not hate women. I am actually showing love to all of you by being here and sharing something that you have no direct access to, a mans point of view.

1. I don't need Treybert's love. Ew.

2. I am married to a man and have three sons. I get direct insight to the male point of view all. day. long. I definitely don't need it from some rando online.

I watched Lori's latest video in three shifts and just now reached the end. I find it very interesting that she says Michael Pearl is, BY FAR, the man who has taught her the most about scripture and leading her to know who she is in Christ. She then goes on to name a couple others like John MacArthur and Vodie Bauchman (sp?)  Ken has his MDiv and aspired to be a preacher and HE is not the one she looks to the most for sound theological teaching????

Am I wrong for thinking that is odd? 

Ben:

Husbands are commanded to place wives on a pedestal!!!! 

Ephesians 5:22
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

Candidly, men are programmed to nearly worshipping the ground our wives walk upon.

Lori:

And wives shouldn't be placed on a pedestal just as Christ didn't place the Church on a pedestal and they definitely shouldn't be worshiped 

Dear Lori,

Based on the reader's name and the context of what is being written, I am going to assume that Ben is a male.  As you have said many times, you do not teach men because you are an easily deceived woman.  

If Ben says God has commanded husbands to put their wives on a pedestal, then you shouldn't question him, or try to teach him otherwise (based on your own teachings).  If you have a question, you should take it up with Ken.  

"Anyways", feminine women don't argue with others.  They are happy to let them *especially men* have the last word.

You're welcome. 

So I just read the latest blog post about inferiority, and I am confused as to why Lori felt the need to "take a stab at it" and answer the question put to John Piper when he already gave a much more thorough and succinct response (which makes sense, considering he's an actual pastor with years of seminary training and teaching). She then said 

So many take verses out of context to prove their points as valid when in fact, they prove no such thing.

which I found to be truly ironic, seeing as how she takes so many verses out of context and then misinterprets their meaning and subsequent applications. Her blog post --> :dontgetit:

23 minutes ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I am confused as to why Lori felt the need to "take a stab at it" and answer the question put to John Piper when he already gave a much more thorough and succinct response (which makes sense, considering he's an actual pastor with years of seminary training and teaching).

After skimming through both responses, I believe John Piper's is superior in all aspects. I think Lori should stop taking stabs at questions that aren't for her, especially if the topic at hand is well out of her league. 

On 23.1.2017 at 9:55 AM, feministxtian said:

The whole "submission" issue was once explained to hubby and I this way...

A husband cannot "demand" anything from his wife. A wife's actions towards her husband are predicated on the husband. The husband is to model the servant-leadership of Christ. In that way, he is the "leader" of the home/marriage but he leads by serving. IOW, a husband is to always put the needs and wants of his wife (and children) above his own. He is not a dictator nor a tyrant. How does his wife come to love him? By loving her, by serving her. In our case, if he wanted me to stop being such a bitch, then he had to quit being an asshole and just because he stopped being an asshole, it didn't mean that my behavior would automatically change...he had to EARN back my trust and respect. It's taken literally years, but my husband is now the sort of man I trust implicitly and respect greatly. And, because of that, and knowing that he always has my best interests in mind, it has become easier to communicate, to knock down the wall that was between us. However, if he had demanded that I "submit" to him, especially in the midst of his very bad behavior, it would not have ended well. 

I am glad that's the kind of advice we got when we were going through our own personal hell...and yes, we got it from our church. 

Your church gave you advice to solve the unique problems you were experiencing.  Lori and her MRA friends teach that the root of the problem is always the wife and if she'll only submit herself completely, her husband will love her. 

The way your church explained Christian marriage according to Ephesians 5 sounds like a much more accurate depiction of the message of the Gospel. Jesus loved the church first. We love him because he loved us first (1 John 4:19). Lori claims to let Scripture interpret Scripture but I don't think she knows what that actually means. 

I'm glad your marriage is a happier place these days!

Check out her latest doodle about staying with mean husbands. In the end, if you suffer with a mean husband, it will be an inspiration to others or "guiding light" as it is quoted.

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Check out her latest doodle about staying with mean husbands. In the end, if you suffer with a mean husband, it will be an inspiration to others or "guiding light" as it is quoted.

Ahahahaha no.

I've been watching "Britain's Darkest Taboos" on Netflix. A lot of the episodes concern women who were killed by their ex-husbands/boyfriends, usually after escaping them following years of abuse. That's not inspiring to me. That's as far from inspiring as it's possible to be.

These comments. 

Kayla Tripp Someone needs to stop drinking the kool aid..

Johnny Hernandez trumpchristianfunny.jpg

Angus Casey The Transformed Wife Trump really is standing up for the word of God. I always forget the verse 'grab em by the pussy' but you're correct in saying the man who has been an outspoken racist/sexist/pathological liar who publicly mocks disabled people as someone who is channelling the word of the Lord.

Hahahaha

19 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I guess that applies to husbands too. If a husband suffers with a mean wife, it will be an inspiration to others, or guiding light. Let that comfort you in your hours of pain, Dave, Trey & co. 

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This, a million times this! I cannot fathom listening to a teacher (preacher/priest) that doesn't have advanced education in their subject area. Then again majority of these fundies are SOTDRT and teaching their own kids. :annoyed:

6 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Anyone else think Lori must be very boring in person? She has nothing to do but harp on one tedious subject.  Home alone all day, no one to talk to or bully. Yawn.

True Bible studies is very interesting, taking into account various languages, history, psychology. If you are willing to do the work. I don't think Lori is capable of it, intellectually. Due to problems with interpretation of languages, some of the verses don't mean what people think they do.

She doesn't have the temperament to be a teacher either because she can't stand questions or challenges.

I used to hate when the Duggars especially Boob and Josh used to go on and on about how they use their show to "minister" to people. It bugged me years ago during a period when a former co-worker's son was working his butt off at Duke Divinity School to become a minister. Right now, a high school classmate of mine is at a Catholic seminary.

We know that Ken had a divinity degree and I have to wonder if that clashes with Lori's "mentoring" and "ministry". I can see Lori throwing fits if Ken tried to suggest interpreting things in a different way. Given what I've read about theology education and training, I don't think Lori would make it. But, then again she's against women being pastors.

Hi everyone

I've been a lurker here for a while but never posted. I've found reading this stuff about Lori Alexander both incredibly entertaining and very healing. Her "teachings" damaged me greatly and reading responses on here that show just how twisted she actually is, has helped me immensely. Keep up the good work :) 

16 minutes ago, KDA said:

Hi everyone

I've been a lurker here for a while but never posted. I've found reading this stuff about Lori Alexander both incredibly entertaining and very healing. Her "teachings" damaged me greatly and reading responses on here that show just how twisted she actually is, has helped me immensely. Keep up the good work :) 

Welcome!  I am sorry that you were hurt so deeply by Lori. I think you will find support, empathy and laughter here at FJ. 

I sincerely, sincerely hope that Lori isn't counting domestic violence as "mean" behavior. The effect that abuse (including psychological and verbal abuse) has on children who witness it is well documented and include a wide variety of horrible, no good, very bad outcomes. It's disgusting that she's suggestion women stick it out on the off-chance that their children won't experience these outcomes. Children seeing their father pummel, gaslight, or verbally assault their mother will NOT lead them to Jesus. :pb_rollseyes: But this would count as a red herring, I imagine. 

Summer can start in March and end in late October. It can be hotter than 110 sometimes.

And I can't wait to get back to that! Either going to Vegas, Tucson, or Phoenix post-Army.

46 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I sincerely, sincerely hope that Lori isn't counting domestic violence as "mean" behavior. The effect that abuse (including psychological and verbal abuse) has on children who witness it is well documented and include a wide variety of horrible, no good, very bad outcomes. It's disgusting that she's suggestion women stick it out on the off-chance that their children won't experience these outcomes. Children seeing their father pummel, gaslight, or verbally assault their mother will NOT lead them to Jesus. :pb_rollseyes: But this would count as a red herring, I imagine. 

Lori would respond. . .

First of all, verbal abuse or emotional abuse is not a real thing. It is just the husband being "harsh" because his wife is not submissive enough. This is nothing so important that you should discuss it with a friend or family member, that is disrespecting your husband!

Physical abuse: Yes, that's bad but since I don't like to think about  men being wrong, I dismiss this with a simple "call the authorities" aka "call the authorities and stop bothering me with this." I like to say "authorities" instead of "police" because "Call the police" sounds so bad and severe for the poor husband, who was probably not getting enough sex from his bitchy wife. "Call the authorities" is way gentler.

I'm also under the impression that "calling the authorities" will resolve the matter forevermore, and that all violent men are immediately arrested and incarcerated for a long period of time. There are no issues with a man having greater financial resources and hiring a great lawyer, or a man cutting off money to his wife out of retaliation, or a woman being in danger because she called the authorities. . . No, just call the authorities, bring him meals in prison, and forgive him when he gets out. Because we all know that sort of thing never happens again.

I will say that almost a month in one of Sheriff Joe's jails pretty much cured hubby of his bad behavior. Then he faced me. That put the cap on the cure. 

13 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This, a million times this! I cannot fathom listening to a teacher (preacher/priest) that doesn't have advanced education in their subject area.

Advanced education and a lot of discussing with like-minded people who look at the same Scriptures from different angles.  The preacher who walks in declaring he's go the right interpretation and everyone else is wrong won't get my respect, no matter how many letters follow his name or how many years he's spent teaching.  

Hi all! Thank you for this forum. I read and comment in Lori's blog and chat room, but there seems to be something wrong in some of her teaching. For instance, submission in the face of abuse sounds harsh. Then I searched for feedback on her teaching, and I found this forum. Thanks!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived