IGNORED

Lori Alexander 14: Environmental Notebook Doodles & Self-Righteous Husband Bashing

@lawfulevil, thanks for sharing that post by Cabinetman.  My, oh my.... I've concluded my Bible must be missing some hefty chunks because I'd never encountered such detailed instructions for husbands on how to deal with their wives. I shall have to order the Trey-Cabinetman-Ken-Lori Translation. 

These people's teaching is way off balance. 

- Yes, both Paul and Peter told wives to submit to their husbands.  But they didn't tell husbands to demand submission from their wives. 

- Both Paul and Peter instruct husbands to LOVE their wives sacrificially. Peter tells them to give them honor and live with them in understanding lest their prayers be hindered.  

- There is not one direct command for husbands to lead, coerce, dominate, rule, or otherwise establish themselves above their wives.  Husbands are not called head over, but head OF their wives.  Lori often says that a husband is head over, but no, he is called head of.  

- Lori has said that we should "let scripture define scripture". Ok, Lori, when husband is called head of his wife, he is said to be "head of his wife as Christ is head of the Church, his body, of which he is savior".  As head, the husband is told to "love his wife as Christ also loved the Church and gave himself up for her".  I don't know if that verb is in the past, but "gave himself up for her" seems to define the kind of love that is expected from a husband. Sacrificial.  He is later told to "love his wife as he loves his own body, for no man hates his body but nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ nourishes and cherishes the Church".  

Instead of focusing on the actual, direct commands, they imply that "head" means "ruler" and they focus on Paul's talk about how Jesus sanctifies the Church and turn that into a command to husbands.  

- They like to say that husbands are supposed to "lead" ther wives, but how does Jesus define Christian leadership? What example of leadership did he give us? What did he do for the church so that we can even exist as church? 

Jesus said that the rulers of the gentiles lord it over them, but it should not be so among Christians. Whoever wants to become great must become a servant to all.  He left the example of a leader who didn't esteem his equality with God as something to be grasped, but he lay it all down for the sake of the church. He came down, lived in our world, served, healed, spoke truth, rebuked oppressors (pharisees and such), and finally, died on the cross for his Church, who by the way, had not yet begun submitting.  John the apostle says "we love Him because He loved us first". 

How about these husbands started meditating on those passages instead of Revelation and Christ rebuking his Church?   They are told to love as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her, not to rebuke and chastise as Christ rebukes and chastises his Church.  

These men forget they are part of Christ's body, His Bride.  They are not Jesus. They do not share in the nature of God, they are humans, just like their wives. All these analogies have a limit.  I believe the problem stems from the very foundation of their theology of marriage.  As someone said earlier in this thread, that says a lot about how they understand salvation.  If we are saved by grace, if salvation is a gift, if Jesus came to rescue his bride, if he lead the way by sacrificing himself, why are they placing all the responsibility of sacrifice on the shoulders of the wife? 

Their theology of marriage is based on the relationship of the Risen Christ, seated in glory at the right of the Father, with his Church.  They are placing the husband on the throne of Jesus and the wife is still a mere mortal.  The Bible tells them to be imitators of Christ when he sacrificed Himself for his bride, the Church, who was yet lost in her sins.  If you ask me, nobody is called to lord it over anyone or demand anything from anyone.

Sorry for the long-winded preaching. I had to get this off my chest!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole "submission" issue was once explained to hubby and I this way...

A husband cannot "demand" anything from his wife. A wife's actions towards her husband are predicated on the husband. The husband is to model the servant-leadership of Christ. In that way, he is the "leader" of the home/marriage but he leads by serving. IOW, a husband is to always put the needs and wants of his wife (and children) above his own. He is not a dictator nor a tyrant. How does his wife come to love him? By loving her, by serving her. In our case, if he wanted me to stop being such a bitch, then he had to quit being an asshole and just because he stopped being an asshole, it didn't mean that my behavior would automatically change...he had to EARN back my trust and respect. It's taken literally years, but my husband is now the sort of man I trust implicitly and respect greatly. And, because of that, and knowing that he always has my best interests in mind, it has become easier to communicate, to knock down the wall that was between us. However, if he had demanded that I "submit" to him, especially in the midst of his very bad behavior, it would not have ended well. 

I am glad that's the kind of advice we got when we were going through our own personal hell...and yes, we got it from our church. 

This is my advice for Trey:

"I don’t know if this is applicable to your imaginary marriage or not (probably not) but there is a possibility that it might be, especially if your imaginary wife is a “command woman” personality. I hope you will give it consideration.

Often there are issues in a marriage that are much more important to the wife than they are to the husband. In fact, it might be of utmost importance to the wife and the husband just does not understand what the big deal is about it. The wife typically starts out gently trying to get her husband to do (or not do) whatever it is that is important to her. It could very well be sex and intimacy as this post absolutely denies as usual. It could be other things like how he disciplines the kids, how much effort he puts into cooking, how he dresses, his adherence to the budget, not keeping himself physically fit, how clean and tidy he keeps their home, or any number of things. Some things a wife can compromise on, some things she cannot.

If your imaginary wife is saying that she has lost respect for you you probably have a multiple personality disorder, then there is probably something that she considers to be YOUR responsibility that you are not handling in a way that is acceptable to her. Whatever the issue is, it is something that is of critical importance to her and unless it is done in a way that satisfies her, she will not have respect for you and it will materially impact her life in a negative way (and your too since your imaginary sex life will stay non existent). It could be something that is a conscience issue with her and she sees the way the husband is or isn’t handling it as sin. Her conscience will not let her just ignore it.

The wife often starts by talking to her husband, giving hints and suggestions, then making requests, making her thoughts and desire(s) known to him but he is either oblivious to what his wife wants or (because of how HE feels about it) chooses to discount her and do it his way regardless. I guess in some cases he might just be contentious and rebellious and tells himself that he has the right to do it the way he wants to and that his wife will just have to get over it.

A steady woman or a visionary might let it pass (even though it damages the marriage) but a command woman is just not going to be able to do that. In most cases, her conscience will not let him. She wants or believes that it must be done a certain way, and she knows that before God she is the one responsible for it all and that her husband is supposed to be being her helpmeet and submitting to her in everything. She strives for patience and continues to try different things to get her husband to comply but for whatever reason, he does not.

Suggestions become complaints and requests become demands but eventually, (and it has most likely taken years to reach this point) if her husband continues to contend with her and refuses to help her to accomplish life in the way that she is convinced is right, she looses respect for him. She finds it hard to love him and impossible to like him. Instead of being her helpmeet, he is a constant hindrance to her. Instead of being her best friend, he has made himself her (possibly worst) enemy.

She will try and persevere but at some point the accumulated level of frustration and pain that this contentious husband has created in his wife becomes more than she can bear and she begins to respond to her husband (at times) in sinful ways. She might withdraw from her physically (adios imaginary sex life) and emotionally (to try and minimize the pain). She might get angry and yell and say harsh things. The harsh things that she is saying might be absolutely truthful but she says them in a less than loving way. She is beginning to give up on her husband and her marriage. Instead of being the best thing in her life, it/he has become the worst. She has become miserable due to the exhaustion, pain and frustration of having to constantly be contending with her uncooperative husband who is continually blocking her goals.

Husbands, if you find yourself with a wife that is unhappy, complains a lot, is emotionally unavailable, physically withdrawn, or all the way to the point where she is treating you like an enemy, it might just be because of your sinful attitude, behavior and actions. You might want to consider what the Bible says about a contentious man. Better yet, consider what it says about being your wife's submissive helpmeet. Get this part right and your marriage and the sex WILL be so much better for the both of you. Continue to get this part wrong, and nothing but more pain and despair will follow.

If you want to figure out what the issue might be in your marriage, here is what you need to ask yourself. What is it that your imaginary wife has complained to you about the most over the years? Is there an issue that you often argue about? What issue are you just sick of hearing her talk or complain about? What ever this issue is, and no matter how petty or insignificant you might consider it to be, it is very important to your wife. If it weren’t, he wouldn’t have spent so much time and effort complaining to you about it!

Also, if you are convicted that just in general you are more contentious than cooperative with her, that would be a great place to start also. I hope this might help some husbands out there to understand their wives and their marriages better."

I'm sure that  any MRA reading the above thinks that it's a crapload of bullshit, well that's exactly how Trey's drivel reads to any woman who hasn't dumbfied herself into a human looking doormat. 

Why do these people want as a "helpmeet" someone who behaves like a dumb robot, someone whose full potential is crippled. It just doesn't make sense,  usually when you need help you want to have beside you the most qualified person, the most resourceful,  the best doctor, the best nurse, the best teacher, the best firefighter, the one who is able to effectively help. Of what help can be someone crippled by Lori-like rules? Of what help can Lori be to a man? Ten minutes and lube. How unhappy, thinskinned, narcissistic, arrogant and stupid control freak need to be a man to want as a life long companion a doormat? And doormats are boring and easily interchangeable as Tammy discovered the hard way. 

15 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Why do these people want as a "helpmeet" someone who behaves like a dumb robot, someone whose full potential is crippled. It just doesn't make sense,  usually when you need help you want to have beside you the most qualified person, the most resourceful,  the best doctor, the best nurse, the best teacher, the best firefighter, the one who is able to effectively help. Of what help can be someone crippled by Lori-like rules? Of what help can Lori be to a man? Ten minutes and lube. How unhappy, thinskinned, narcissistic, arrogant and stupid control freak need to be a man to want as a life long companion a doormat? And doormats are boring and easily interchangeable as Tammy discovered the hard way. 

If I had been that sort of "helpmeet"...I'd be a widow now. I grabbed the proverbial bull by the horns. I called, researched, went to doctors' appointments, took notes, asked questions, occasionally told off doctors, got belligerent, cussed, yelled and even threw things. The end result? Well, I'm not a widow. Yeah, I'm a "helpmeet"...the kind that will bulldoze her way into a solution even if it kills me. 

Replying here to lori's post about First Ladies being SAHMs:

My mother worked through my childhood in the 70s.  Most of my friends mothers did too. It was normal FFS. 

My mom and dad were not there when I came home from school.  

It was cool to have that little bit of freedom.   :)

I'm really starting to think Lori might have some mental health issues. 

For Boobert/Treybert:

Dominate and dominant are not interchangeable.

An example:

Ken likes to dominate conversations with his long-winded horse of truth diatribes.

Boobert likes to pretend he is dominant, but we all know how he likes to (ahem) grab the bull by the horns. 

From today's "Wise Thoughts" post:

Why didn’t they allow those women who were pro-life to march with them if it were for ALL women? 

I know of several pro-life women, women I know personally, who marched. I also know that there were many clerics and nuns, most if not all of whom identify as pro-life, who marched. Just because there were no pro-life sponsors of the march doesn't mean that pro-life people weren't allowed to march. 

FREE IS NOT FREE!! Just because you get cheaper deductibles and premiums, low or no cost prescriptions and free screenings/exams, does NOT mean they are free. You can bet your last dollar that the provider CHARGES for those. That means, someone has to pay it. 

But I only ever see these people complaining when it comes to women's health services -- never when it comes to men's or generic health services. I have never seen them complain about diabetes supplies, treating cardiovascular disease or cancer services, all of which are far costlier than birth control pills. I definitely never see them complaining about ED supplies/medication. 

It’s my husband who works six days a week, 52 weeks a year, 45 mins away from home. It’s me who scrimps and saves every penny ... I understand it’s hard to know the weight of these financial responsibilities. But, it’s still not others responsibility to provide for me as it SHOULD not be mine for them. Free is not free.

Or, you could get a job to take some of that burden off him. Because what you're doing is also a choice and a choice that is burdening someone else to provide for you -- especially if he's working himself into an early grave. 

(ETA: Adding that I have no problem whatsoever with SAHMs and have been one myself in the past. My issue is *this woman's attitudes regarding other people's choices while being blazingly ignorant about her own.)

I saw a great analogy. When you are in a nature preserve, there are signs that say do not feed the animals. Why? Because then the animals will never learn to fend for themselves.

This is revolting. But it doesn't surprise me coming from that den of vileness Lori calls a chatroom.

Fellow Fjers I think I've solved why Lori lets so many men (Josh, Trey, Cabinetman, etc) bloviate on her blog.  She isn't teaching them -- their bloviating comments are teaching the women who read her blog.

Remember -- she said she always has Ken check her blogs for scriptural accuracy and when it's a scriptural point that a man must weigh in on she has Ken do it -- usually in the FB comments.  Josh et. al are just doing the same thing.

Lori is gratefully/graciously letting their comments stand because these godly men are using their comments to teach us poor simple minded women who obviously need to be chastised, dominated and controlled.

Lori then can see her posts as just reinforcing the godly teachings of the godly Josh, Trey, etc.  Really, we should all be just so so thankful that these godly men take time from their godly days to educate us.

I, for one, will be forever grateful that Josh told me men think wearing yoga pants makes me a slut and I'm super grateful to Trey for reminding me to polish up my mind reading skills in order to deal with a Command Man's unarticulated wants and needs.

26 minutes ago, polecat said:

I saw a great analogy. When you are in a nature preserve, there are signs that say do not feed the animals. Why? Because then the animals will never learn to fend for themselves.

Fine except that is not usually the reason... at least not the only one.  Many wild animals will learn to fend for themselves just fine even if they get fed occasionally or regularly. But some of the reasons to prohibit feeding include:  

a) it can get messy, no one wants people littering a wild life preserve with  plastic bags they brought animal food in etc.

b ) random people generally have no clue about what constitutes a healthy diet for a wild animal and may feed them all kinds of crap that is not good for them

c) because leftover food may attract  unwanted lifeforms such as rats

d) because animals who get used to being fed by the public may become tamer and  bolder in interacting with humans and that may result in more humans getting bit and more animals being abused

And animals being fed in the wilderness has nothing whatsoever to do with whether women should receive healthcare.

It is not true that women who do not receive healthcare learn to become their own doctors.

@AmazonGrace, there went Lori's analogy. Poof!

What's she arguing against? A National Health Service funded by all salaried workers, that all can use as needed?  How ungodly!!!! 

If that's the case, Lori might want to consider the possibility of her or one of her children needing medical care and having no insurance. It happens. In countries with an NHS or mandatory medical insurance for all (like Germany), an emergency is covered by the insurance, which may actually save a life here or there. 

23 minutes ago, onemama said:

@AmazonGrace, there went Lori's analogy. Poof!

What's she arguing against? A National Health Service funded by all salaried workers, that all can use as needed?  How ungodly!!!! 

If that's the case, Lori might want to consider the possibility of her or one of her children needing medical care and having no insurance. It happens. In countries with an NHS or mandatory medical insurance for all (like Germany), an emergency is covered by the insurance, which may actually save a life here or there. 

Some quick (and admittedly inexpert) Googling revealed that Cyberknife treatments run in the lower 6 figures. Did Lori pay for that out of pocket? Or did she expect others (in the form of insurance) to help pay for her medical costs? Which is a *darn shame especially if, as she believes, medical problems are the result of sin or bad living. I shouldn't have to pay for Lori's crappy lifestyle choices. 

*said tongue-in-cheek, of course -- I am more than happy to put my lot in the kitty to make sure that everyone who needs medical care is able to get it.

I suspect all of this pearl-clutching is largely due to the fact that these women believe that women are out willy-nilly getting abortions on someone else's dime. I assure them that this is not happening. Federal dollars do not pay for abortion services. Medicaid DOES pay for abortions in some rare instances, such as rape or incest. Private insurance also does not typically pay for abortion unless there is a medical need for the abortion or, in some cases, the pregnancy was due to rape or incest.

If their gripe is birth control, they need to grow the hell up. The abortion rate just dropped to the lowest rates EVER thanks to increased access to birth control. If you want to lower abortion rates even more? Get birth control more easily accessible to all women and men who need/want it. Get over your moralizing -- not everyone shares your beliefs, and some people are going to have sex outside/apart from marriage regardless of WHAT you believe. Free up access to birth control to save those hypothetical babies' lives. 

But it's not really about birth control OR abortion. It's about controlling other people's (women's) behavior. It always is.

12 minutes ago, polecat said:

Some quick (and admittedly inexpert) Googling revealed that Cyberknife treatments run in the lower 6 figures. Did Lori pay for that out of pocket? Or did she expect others (in the form of insurance) to help pay for her medical costs? Which is a *darn shame especially if, as she believes, medical problems are the result of sin or bad living. I shouldn't have to pay for Lori's crappy lifestyle choices. 

*said tongue-in-cheek, of course -- I am more than happy to put my lot in the kitty to make sure that everyone who needs medical care is able to get it.

I suspect all of this pearl-clutching is largely due to the fact that these women believe that women are out willy-nilly getting abortions on someone else's dime. I assure them that this is not happening. Federal dollars do not pay for abortion services. Medicaid DOES pay for abortions in some rare instances, such as rape or incest. Private insurance also does not typically pay for abortion unless there is a medical need for the abortion or, in some cases, the pregnancy was due to rape or incest.

If their gripe is birth control, they need to grow the hell up. The abortion rate just dropped to the lowest rates EVER thanks to increased access to birth control. If you want to lower abortion rates even more? Get birth control more easily accessible to all women and men who need/want it. Get over your moralizing -- not everyone shares your beliefs, and some people are going to have sex outside/apart from marriage regardless of WHAT you believe. Free up access to birth control to save those hypothetical babies' lives. 

But it's not really about birth control OR abortion. It's about controlling other people's (women's) behavior. It always is.

I know a fundie lite type woman who keeps pushing that belief about federal dollars providing abortions to women. This women was an LPN and worked with my aunt at a hospital and that's how I know her.  She added me on Facebook and years ago and I occasionally see her at my aunt's house  She is one those people who posted one of those "I Stand Against Planned Parenthood" things on FB last year.  She posts other things on Facebook about being against welfare and forms of government assistance. But, that same woman and her husband get a small amount of food stamps per month because she no longer works full time because of fibromyalgia and her husband works as a ranch hand and doesn't make a lot.

She also posts on Facebook about how her adult son has drug addiction problems and is always getting fired from jobs or quitting. My aunt told me that last summer that she said that her son was receiving $200 a month in food stamps and this was again during a period in which she was also posting things about being against government assistance and "how people are lazy". That woman has posted the usual memes that we see about food stamps and "welfare queens". But I have never seen her post anything about supporting drug testing for welfare and food stamp applicants. Recently, she was asking on FB about places that were hiring because her son was looking for a job. Someone posted that he should apply for a job with the city government and she replied back saying "Oh that won't work for my son". My guess was that she knew he wouldn't pass the pre- employment drug screen. While I'm ok with people with drug problems getting assistance, it still irks me that that my aunt's  former co-worker wants medical services like  PP and assistance program to be taken away from people who have probably never touched a single illegal drug in their lives.

46 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She posts other things on Facebook about being against welfare and forms of government assistance. But, that same woman and her husband get a small amount of food stamps per month because she no longer works full time because of fibromyalgia and her husband works as a ranch hand and doesn't make a lot.

Isn't it lucky how when someone needs a little bit of extra help from the government, it's always acceptable in their personal circumstances? :pb_rollseyes:

It's great that we have welfare programs for people who need it, even if those programs aren't perfect and fall short often. It's too bad that some people can't appreciate how public assistance helps out people in a variety of complex, individual situations, and sometimes they may not even recognize that help as a form of welfare.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

The abortion rate just dropped to the lowest rates EVER thanks to increased access to birth control.

Yep. It's one reason why other western countries often have lower abortion rates, too. When people can access contraception, they tend to use it and this eliminates many situations where people might opt for an abortion.

"Contraceptives decrease abortions"- ah, but that's because they reduce pregnancies. And that's bad, because the goal really is that every woman has multiple children to keep her busy and worried. It's got squat to do with how precious human life is or loving babies or WIC would be a lot more popular. The goal, much more obvious with this election, is a return to an imaginary before-time, the white-male-dominated (true) Leave it to Beaver (lol, no) fictional past.

So you can't have birth control or abortions, but you OWE SEX TO YOUR HUSBAND. And it better be a husband- none of that women marrying women stuff. So you better hope he doesn't want any kids either.

It's a lot harder to control people who can wave a middle finger back and leave. So bring on the student loan debt! De-fund public education! Gendered pay gaps for all! And pollution in every water table!

Wouldn't shock me to see bills on the table to make marital rape legal again.

I see what parents now go through and... yeesh. I walked my sister to/from school alone starting when I was 8. When I went to middle school she walked with our younger brother (so she was 8 and he was 5.5). It was only about half a mile, nobody thought anything of it. All the other kids in the neighborhood walked too, we weren't really ALONE.

People would LOSE THEIR MINDS now. But it's somehow unnatural to not want to be on a 6 foot tether to several small children every waking moment of your life.

Lori (in the comments of a notebook doodle in which she heavily criticized President Obama):

we are commanded to pray for our leaders not constantly be critical as way too many are today

Seriously? Did she even read the last 2 things she posted on FB?? They are both filled with criticism for the former president!

I guess it works like this-

When the candidate that Lori voted for wins, you should overlook things in favor of prayer.

When a candidate that Lori did not vote for wins, you should take to Facebook in multiple posts to air your grievances.

Makes sense. 

Before these comments are gone...

Alexa Bertolini Richardson *launging crying emojis* they are able to stay at home because they're members of a very elite class. That is not everyone's reality

And this lady, lol

Nic Brinson You are batshit crazy.

And this comment to Josh's calling 50 Shades porn for women

Vicky Gallagher Oh so you have seen it then? That's what you're saying?

And of course these on her women's march post:

The Transformed Wife God supports the life of the unborn and so does Trump

Amanda H. Morgan Trump actually was pro choice all his life until he was running for office and then changed to pro life 

Lucinda Poahway Ohhh my that is so unfair to say. Homemakers have not always been as nice a responsibility as it is today, women couldn't vote.....how many voted in this past election? I did, was happy to. Its a priviledge.......in times past a woman couldn't speak unless she was given the priviledge. These changes didn't just happen. It just astonishes me to see these kinds of posts. Yes, love and take care of your children but what if the Lord took your husband home, as mine was called, you suddenly have to be the provider......we do have to have faith that whatever Gods plans in our lives are, we serve them out with joy.

Lisa Pitcher Conard Women have just as many rights as men.

Talk about bad reading comprehension. 

Roxana Bradley Kimberly Davis Morgan if you continue reading...Donors to Planned Parenthood have included the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Buffett Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Turner Foundation, the Cullmans, and others.[68][69][70][71] The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's contributions to the organization have been specifically marked to avoid funding abortions.[68] Some donors, such as the Buffett Foundation, have supported reproductive health that can include abortion services.[68] Pro-life groups have advocated the boycott of donors to Planned Parenthood.[72] Corporate donors include CREDO Mobile.[73]

In the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014, total revenue was US$1.3 billion: non-government health services revenue was US$305 million, government revenue (such as Medicaid reimbursements) was US$528 million, private contributions totaled US$392 million, and US$78 million came from other operating revenue.[74] According to Planned Parenthood, 59% of the group's revenue is put towards the provision of health services, while non-medical services such as sex education and public policy work make up another 15%; management expenses, fundraising, and international family planning programs account for about 16%, and 10% of the revenue in 2013–2014 was not spent.[74]

Planned Parenthood receives over a third of its money in government grants and contracts (about US$528 million in 2014).[75][74] By law, federal funding cannot be allocated for abortions (except in rare cases),[76] but some opponents of abortion have argued that allocating money to Planned Parenthood for the provision of other medical services allows other funds to be re-allocated for abortions.[55]

They must adhere to their budget allowances and distribute the funds accordingly.

Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:52pm

Denise Frisch Wilkinson Kimberly Davis Morgan all the article said was how much money was provided by the government. Medicaid will not pay for abortions and that is the "federal" part. The following is an actual breakdown of how the money is spent. Https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix

The Fix

Chris Cillizza on politics.

WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 4:58pm

Becky Riley Planned parenthood also does WAY more than provide abortions. Like cancer screenings, contraception, counseling, education, etc.

Like · Reply · 11 · 23 hrs

Nancy Corwin Dillon Becky Riley I'm alive because of planned parenthood

Like · Reply · 6 · 22 hrs

Becky Riley I think people are missing the point that if planned parenthood disappears, that won't necessarily mean abortions will end. It will mean that more women will go without necessary care and diagnosis, we will see an increase in pregnancy rate and for most, the cycle of poverty will continue.

Like · Reply · 6 · 22 hrs

Nancy Corwin Dillon Becky Riley and abortions will continue. Just illegally and with life threatening consequences

Like · Reply · 5 · 21 hrs

Becky Riley Nancy Corwin Dillon my point exactly!

DETRACTORS!

Also a person who likes Lori's posts for some reason...

Adrienne Crutchfield This post is severely misinformed - and I love most of what you write.

And last this entire conversation and I hope Laurie comes to realize that Lori is NOT a person to consider as a mentor and her advice is terrible and even dangerous. There are better people, way better and kinder people to consider than her any day. 

Laurie Ellis-Davis Obama did the best he could. No president can fix all the evil in the world. If gays want to marry then it's up to God to punish them if it's wrong. Same as if a woman wants to abort then it's her decision and only should be between her and God.

Like · Reply · 2 · 7 hrs · Edited

Hide 25 Replies

Yinka Favor So why demand govt pays for it if is their decision. No 1 has told them not to abort. The govt is saying they won't use tax payers money to do it, simple!!

Like · Reply · 4 · 7 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis Yinka Favor because people need help. Just like you get help in life. And please don't say you do not because EVERYONE in America pretty much gets help. For instance I'm sure you have went to the doctor and didn't pay full price that they charge..why? Because you got help with insurance.

Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs

Ben Koonts Laurie Ellis-Davis not the government's role to take care of people... exactly why we're in the situation we're in. Funding murder is not helping anyone.

Like · Reply · 5 · 7 hrs

The Transformed Wife He promoted evil and sanctioned it. He did what was right in his own eyes but is evil in the sight of God.

Like · Reply · 7 · 7 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis Yes there is a lot of people in this world that do wrong and make big mistakes. And abortion seems horrible. But we should just let God handle them. Abortion will never stop.

Like · Reply · 7 hrs

The Transformed Wife Laurie, God works through His people to speak truth in love.

Like · Reply · 5 · 7 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis Ben Koonts yes the government should help. There are too many greedy people in this world so it causes other people to remain poor.

Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs

The Transformed Wife Laurie, are you a Christian who believes in the shed blood of Christ for our sins so that all who believe will have eternal life?

Like · Reply · 4 · 7 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis The Transformed Wife we can't say for sure what is evil in Gods eyes to be honest. Yes the Bible has instructions and we should all follow them but Obama has always pretty much wanted to just help the world. Him and Michelle made mistakes I'm sure but I do not believe they wanted to be evil or bring harm to America.

Like · Reply · 2 · 7 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis The Transformed Wife of course. I believe God is the only One. And I hope I can be His instrument in life. That's all I want is to do good and help and love people.

Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs

The Transformed Wife Laurie, all President Obama's did was do great harm to our country by celebrating and promoting what God clearly calls sin in His Word.

Like · Reply · 5 · 7 hrs

Ben Koonts Laurie Ellis-Davis, please take what I am about to express in the loving spirit intended. Before posting this comment, I first prayed for God's leadership and guidance to lend counsel as I am no expert or theologian. However, as a follower of Christ, I am deeply deeply concerned for your belief "we can't say for sure what is evil in God's eyes." 

Candidly, the statement is indicative of someone who is yet searching for God or is a babe to biblical concepts (where we all start). Scripture clearly illustrates principles easily applied to day to day circumstances and ethical challenges. In fact, Christ made discerning righteousness quite easy in Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If God did not provide clear instruction to us to distinguish right and wrong, how could He render judgment? 

As for the defense of former President Obama, I'll defer to Matthew 7:15-20 (You Will Know Them by Their Fruits).

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 

16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 

17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 

18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 

20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Like · Reply · 5 · 6 hrs · Edited

Laurie Ellis-Davis Ben Koonts yes I am a babe to the Bible's teachings. I hope to learn a lot and do good for Him. I appreciate these scriptures. I hope one day we have a good Christian president who only follows Gods Truth so maybe other people will learn from him.

Like · Reply · 2 · 6 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis The Transformed Wife well hopefully one day we will have a president that follows His Truth so maybe others will follow.

Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

The Transformed Wife President Trump is surrounded by Christians who love the truth of God's Word and His ways.

Like · Reply · 4 · 6 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis The Transformed Wife I hope so. Cause I'm worried president Trump is not humble enough for the job.

Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis The Transformed Wife I feel as if Trump is to sinful cause he's so rich. I don't feel it's Godly to be very rich, although I am new to Gods Word so I can't say for sure. So many poor struggling people in the world. And I hope he is not as racist as the media makes him to be. All people of all colors are equal.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Yinka Favor What they need help w is a little but of common sense. When gorilla, lions, animals are killed, we protest. Now babies, the human offspring murdered b4 given a chance at life& others who don't feel right about it say they don't want to pay for it. This...See More

Like · Reply · 4 · 6 hrs

Ben Koonts Laurie, I think safe to say we're all tentative with Trump. I trust him at arm's length, and he'll need to earn the rest. 

My greatest radar alarm is some of the "spiritual counselors" he has tapped. Several are "wealth and prosperity" misfits in the pulpit while others are my favorite doctrinally sound Christian leaders - I get nausea seeing them in the same room.

Like · Reply · 3 · 6 hrs · Edited

Ben Koonts Laurie, nothing evil about wealth. Some of the most wealthy people in world history were Godly men. God rewarded King Solomon and Job with wealth that puts Trump to shame!!! The "test" is what does a person truly value in his heart. A poor man with a lust for money disgusts God. A wealthy person with a love for God brings Him delight... and vice versa. 

The principle is found in Mark 12:41-44 (The Widow’s Offering)

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.

42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 

44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Here's a fantastic short article about money and our attitude:

http://www.wordsoflife.co.uk/.../study-10-the-widow-when.../

Study 10 THE WIDOW, WHEN SHE GAVE ALL THAT…

WORDSOFLIFE.CO.UK

Like · Reply · 4 · 6 hrs · Edited

Laurie Ellis-Davis True words Ben Koonts

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Laurie Ellis-Davis Yinka Favor yes there are more pressing responsibilities. But I just don't won't women to have to go to a back alley and abort the child themselves and that's what will happen. At least let the baby die dignified by a doctor. Because as terrible as it is and sickening that's what will happen. I hate it but there is always going to be abortion no matter what.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

The Transformed Wife There have been 60 million babies murdered since Roe v. Wade. God demands we speak up for the innocent and all those babies are innocent, the mothers are not.

Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

Kymberlie Thayer Laurie Ellis-Davis hey every one needs help but not with murdering their babies. By that logic because I don't like someone I should have the right to murder any one and the government should pay for a hit man to do so because I need help I can't pay for it my self and then it's just between God and me. No that's not how the real world works. If you want abortion pay for it your self because it's murder plain and simple. If it wasn't for my dad picking my mom up and then never letting her leave her side I wouldn't be here. My mom was mins from having an abortion with me. These babies have no voices and someone needs to be their voice.

Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr · Edited

The Transformed Wife Kymberlie, what a wonderful father you have that watched over you and saved your life. Every single child conceived is worthy of life.

Will see how long they all stay up until she gets a sudden delete finger

The Transformed Wife There have been 60 million babies murdered since Roe v. Wade. God demands we speak up for the innocent and all those babies are innocent, the mothers are not.

Once again, Lori is a victim of her upper-middle class bubble. Rape and incest is all too frequent in the United States, and many of the victims are children themselves. How dare she imply that God would find them sinful because of the heinous actions of others.

15 hours ago, onemama said:

Lori has said that we should "let scripture define scripture". Ok, Lori, when husband is called head of his wife, he is said to be "head of his wife as Christ is head of the Church, his body, of which he is savior"

My husband may be my head, but I'm the neck that turns the head.

2 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Some of the most wealthy people in world history were Godly men. God rewarded King Solomon and Job with wealth that puts Trump to shame!!! The "test" is what does a person truly value in his heart. A poor man with a lust for money disgusts God. A wealthy person with a love for God brings Him delight... and vice versa. 

Trump does not even believe in God much less love him. 

Actually, scratch that. Trump is his own god.

And Lori is back at it trying to promote submission. She tells us to not take verses out of context while taking verses way out of context. Also lacking reading comprehension as always. 

“Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” (John 15:20) All Jesus was saying here is that because they persecuted Him, they will persecute all who believe and follow Him. 

Except the writer she is trying to shut down didn't say this was the verse she was talking about. I am going to guess she is probably talking about this verse instead "Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16 or the one in Matthew saying similar. 

Lori quotes Ephesians 5:25-29 as her usual husbands love wives as christ loved the church verse. 

Do these verses support her statement that “those who are under the authority of another are inferior”? Not one bit! In fact, she has been listening to the lies of feminism instead of allowing the Word of God to dwell in her richly because then she would know that the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God

She misses the lady's point. She is saying the Bible and history have put women as inferior to men. She's not saying those under people are actually inferior, but that people in higher positions tend to view those under them as inferior. The boss sees his employees as inferior to him. The master sees his servants as inferior to him. So the writer is struggling with feeling as though the Bible puts women overall as inferior to men. Thankfully she didn't ask Lori the question. Lori just felt the need to answer. 

Are children inferior to their parents because their parents are in authority over them?

Well, yes, actually. Lots of people view children as inferior to adults and have for ages. They are certainly not equal to adults in terms of autonomy and ability according to nearly all societies. Lori most certainly didn't view her children as equal to her. She felt the need to control them and beat them over things like raisins. But women are NOT children. They are adults. So why must they constantly need to have an authority over them? Women have clearly shown they are capable of doing great things in life and society on the equal of men, so why is there still a need to feel they must be controlled as if they are children? (I have guesses as to why, but though Lori cannot answer this and will not, just throwing them out there for her anyway). 

there always needs to be an authority structure in every single institution on the earth, including marriage, or else chaos will surely reign.

Except that it doesn't. 

They have devalued women because they have made them feel like in order to have value, they need to become men and do what men do instead of finding joy, purpose, and value in who they are in Christ and all the blessings and promises from the Lord and the value of being at home with their children and as a help meet to their husband.

Holy run-on sentence batman! Also her usual bs about women need to be home and that's all. 

On FB about her post

The Transformed Wife My "shock post" as they have been called is about this verse and it will be posted in a few hours!

Trying to go "viral" again, aren't you?

Also she posted a video about women leading women only. She wants to teach Bible Studies and she likes to teach. However, she's too clueless to realize she's a terrible teacher. She taught Created To Be His Helpmeet and women LOVED it. And she admits she never has notes when she does the videos. Yeah, that was painfully obvious. 

And on the Moving With Husband thread....

a reader says:

I’m sorry to respond to this post so late. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard wives say they refuse to move with their husband. We have some friends whom we would love to move here to AZ but the wife refuses.

How is that your business? If you call that woman your friend, how about wanting what's best for her?  How about letting her figure out her marriage with her own husband? 

You know? A few years ago, husband's sisters wanted to move us out to the place where they live. They offered to help us move, they offered to help husband find a job, they offered to let us live in one of their houses until we found a place to buy and renovate. They wanted us there.  I was all for it but I asked my husband and he said no, he didn't really want to move out there. So no it was.  I wouldn't try to make my husband go somewhere he didn't want to go unless it were necessary ( and it would have to be very serious for me to push it.) 

This has nothing to do with being submissive and everything to do with treating others the way I'd like to be treated, even if that means not doing what I would like to do and what I think might be really good for us.  

. My husband moved us here to AZ last summer after living in CA all our lives. I’m so glad we did! I confess I wasn’t into living in a rural area at first. I wanted to live in the big city! But God worked on my heart and I love living in a small rural town. Lord willing, this is where we will stay.

So since your husband moved you, your friend's husband should move your friend. Right. What if she hates it?  Be happy you are happy and hope that you get to stay there now that you like it so much out in Arizona. But leave your friend alone and don't you go giving your friend's husband any strange ideas! 

3 minutes ago, onemama said:

Be happy you are happy and hope that you get to stay there now that you like it so much out in Arizona.

Arizona ain't for everyone. We lived just east of PHX for a couple of years. Loved the countryside but couldn't take the heat. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived