IGNORED

Tomi Lahren

ShepherdontheRock

Maybe her and Milo Yanopalis or however you spell his name can pair up. Someone on my Facebook posted something Milo wrote within the last week. My immediate and only appropriate response was to face palm and go you have to be shitten me right.

• Upvote 5

"Why Trevor Noah’s Response to Tomi Lahren’s Suspension Was So Perfect"

ometimes, the best burns are months in the making. For proof, look no further than Trevor Noah on Tuesday’s Daily Show, who couldn’t help but turn his attention, ever so briefly, to Tomi Lahren.

For those who need a refresher: the conservative firebrand, who anchors a program on The Blaze, appeared on The Daily Show in December for an interview with Noah. As the two sparred, and as Noah pressed Lahren repeatedly on a wide swath of issues, their conversation seemed to echo former Daily Show host Jon Stewart’s debates with Bill O’Reilly. Noah and Lahren’s exchange energized The Daily Show, although it also sparked controversy, as some wondered whether the debate helped Lahren more than it enlightened anyone.

Now, though, Lahren has finally angered the wrong group. After voicing her pro-choice position on The View—”I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government, but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies; stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well,” she said—Lahren has reportedly been suspended from The Blaze. And on Tuesday night, Noah addressed that suspension.

“Honestly, this is not cool,” Noah declared—especially for a news network that, as he pointed out, consistently decries “snowflakes” who supposedly can’t stand being disagreed with. “I was offended by the hypocrisy,” Noah added. “I was so offended that I wanted to protest it. Unfortunately, there’s no type of black people protest that Tomi is comfortable with, so I guess we should just move on.”

It was a perfectly delivered burn—and a callback to the most talked-about moment from their Daily Show interview. In December, Noah asked Lahren—who has frequently criticized the Black Lives Matter movement and Colin Kaepernick—”How should a black person bring up their grievances?” Lahren repeatedly tried to dodge the question, but Noah wouldn’t let her off the hook. “I would like to know if you’ve ever thought of the ‘how,’ ” Noah said, “because you’re the first person I’ve met who’s said this. I’ve seen this message online. I’m not labeling you as the bad person. I just want to know if you’ve ever thought of the ‘how.’ ”

Lahren never did manage to answer his query. Irony can be cruel, can’t it?

Poor Tomi, everyone is coming out against her...

• Upvote 8

Glenn Beck has fired Tomi Lahren:

Controversial conservative shouter Tomi Lahren will be taking her act elsewhere after The Blaze founder Glenn Beck fired her on Sunday.

According to the New York Post, Beck has “permanently banned” Lahren, who was suspended last week after over comments she made supporting a woman’s right to have an abortion.

“Glenn is reminding the world of his conservative principles by sidelining Tomi after she insulted conservatives by calling them hypocrites,” a Blaze source said, adding that the founder on the conservative news site is trying to reestablish his conservative credibility

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/glenn-beck-permanently-bans-tomi-lahren-from-the-blaze-report/

• Upvote 3

That sounds like something I'd say. "Stay out of my guns and my body" is a fed up southern girl thing to holler, if you ask me. Pretty much my political position, but also a little odd coming from her, all things considered. I guess I expected her to be totally fine with the government making decisions for women, since she's fine making decisions for everyone else.

• Upvote 4

I am by no means a fan of hers, but that's just not right! 

I wouldn't rush to defend her. She's been really anti-choice, and says all sorts of shit about Women's Marchers, etc.

The only good thing about this is her leg humpers are now freaking the fuck out instead of rallying behind her a la Duggars. 

• Upvote 8

Loved this tweet: Tomi show is essentially prepubescent InfoWars

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Howl said:

Loved this tweet: Tomi show is essentially prepubescent InfoWars

Good point, but isn't Info Wars a prepubescent Info Wars?  I mean have you even listed to or read Alex Jones? I can't anymore he is such beyond nut job. Before the internet he would be the guy standing on the corner yelling at cars.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Good point, but isn't Info Wars a prepubescent Info Wars?  I mean have you even listed to or read Alex Jones? I can't anymore he is such beyond nut job. Before the internet he would be the guy standing on the corner yelling at cars.

Haven't listened to him, but my impression is that he is a screaming wing nut whack-a-loon. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, JMarie said:

From the article:

According to Lahren’s suit, Beck and The Blaze knew about her pro-choice views before her public comments and never took issue with them. The lawsuit also claims that a Blaze producer accompanied Lahren to the “View” set and “applauded” her appearance.

I could see Beck agreeing to hire Lahren, as long as she agreed to not make her pro-choice views known publicly. The RWNJs love young women with regressive views, so it's a moneymaking position to assume. I'm curious to see what evidence Lahren has to prove her case.

I don't like either one of these folks, and I am hoping this case doesn't get quietly settled out of court. :popcorn:

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Next up, Glenn Beck is suing Tomi Lahren:

In their counterclaim, Beck and the company assert that Lahren has not been fired, saying her "employment agreement with TheBlaze remains in full force and effect" and that "she continues to be employed (and paid) by TheBlaze, and she has access to her social media accounts, as well as a Facebook page TheBlaze created and maintains."

"When TheBlaze informed Lahren that her show was suspended for one week, it also advised her that it would continue to honor her contract (as it has and continues) and would invoke its rights to 'pay or play' (i.e., to pay Lahren but not broadcast her show)," lawyers for Beck and The Blaze argued. ("Pay or play" provisions are not unusual in TV contracts.)

The counterclaim goes on to say that "TheBlaze has had employment issues with Lahren for well over a year," and that as a result of those issues the company had not intended to extend her contract after it expires in September.

Those "issues," according to the claim, included mistreatment of the crew on her show, on-air language that bordered "on profanity," a propensity for conflict with other media personalities at The Blaze and purported ignorance in her analysis.

:popcorn:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/17/media/glenn-beck-counterclaim-tomi-lahren/index.html

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

"Tomi Lahren settles lawsuit with Glenn Beck, the Blaze, ending abortion comment dust-up"

Conservative provocateur and talk show host Tomi Lahren has settled a wrongful termination lawsuit against Glenn Beck, her former employer, and his media network, the Blaze.

Lahren claimed last month she was ousted from the network because she spoke out in favor of abortion rights during an appearance on ABC’s “The View.” Beck and the Blaze later countersued, alleging her show, “Tomi,” was pulled from the air because she had a long track record of insubordination.

On Monday, the 24-year-old Lahren and the Blaze said they had resolved the dispute.

Under the settlement, Lahren will be released from her employment contract, as the Dallas Morning News reported. She will be able to keep the 4.3 million-follower Facebook page the Blaze created for her, but she must remove videos she made as an employee of the network. Other details of the agreement weren’t disclosed.

“Ms. Lahren is relieved to have this litigation behind her,” Lahren’s lawyer, Brian Lauten, told the Morning News. “She looks forward to connecting with her audience and fan base on the pressing political issues facing our country in the days to come.”

The Blaze, known for its right-leaning news and commentary, said in a statement it was “pleased to announce that the relationship with Tomi Lahren has concluded. Ms. Lahren will continue to have access to her social media accounts, as has always been the case.”

In response, Beck said on his radio show he pulled Lahren because she hadn’t done enough to justify her position and because she had insulted conservatives by using the word “hypocrite.”

“The ideas are what are important,” Beck said. “And if you cannot defend the idea — no matter which side you’re on — if you can’t defend the idea, that leads to the second part of the discussion, which is the people calling for Tomi to be fired.”

So, I wonder where she will pop up next? She is far too fame-hungry to go to a non-public life.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Tomi Lahren settles lawsuit with Glenn Beck, the Blaze, ending abortion comment dust-up"

So, I wonder where she will pop up next? She is far too fame-hungry to go to a non-public life.

Whatever her career plans are, she needs to act fast. If she lets her fans go too long without a fresh supply of rants, they'll just move onto the next new thing. 

Tick-Tock, Tomi.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

"Tomi Lahren lands new gig at pro-Trump advocacy group after settling suit with the Blaze"

Spoiler

Tomi Lahren, the conservative commentator who claimed she was fired for publicly sharing her support of abortion rights, has landed a new job at a pro-Trump advocacy group.

Great America Alliance, an offshoot of one of the largest pro-Trump super PACs, announced Monday that Lahren will be joining the organization in a communications role, helping to “expand grassroots support of the President’s policies across the country.”

In an interview with the Dallas Morning News, Lahren said her new position is only a “side gig” as she continues to weigh job options for a full-time post. She says she will “definitely” return to television as a commentator, and it is important that her employer allow her to be independent and not censor her opinions, she said.

“You’re not getting a puppet and you’re not getting someone that sticks to talking points,” Lahren told the Dallas Morning News. “You’re getting an independent thinker.”

The 24-year-old provocateur was likely alluding to troubles with her former employer, the Blaze. Last month, Lahren sued the Blaze and its founder, conservative media personality Glenn Beck, alleging the company retaliated against her by wrongfully terminating her contract after she shared her opinions on abortion while appearing on “The View.”

During the segment in March, Lahren said she was “pro-choice,” and that it would be hypocritical of her to believe the government should decide what women should do with their bodies.

“You know what? I’m for limited government,” Lahren said. “So stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”

Lahren was fiercely criticized by antiabortion advocates, who said it was impossible for her to be both conservative and in favor of abortion rights. Some — including Beck — criticized her interpretation of the Constitution and called her out for seemingly contradicting previous remarks about abortion.

Lahren was subsequently told her employment was terminated, and her show pulled, but that the Blaze would continue to pay her. When Lahren sued for retaliation, Beck and the Blaze countersued, alleging her show was taken off the air because she had a long track record of insubordination.

Earlier this month, Lahren and the Blaze settled the dispute. The Blaze released Lahren from her employment contract and agreed to let her keep the Facebook page with 4.3 million-followers the Blaze created for her on the condition that she remove videos she made as an employee for the network.

The debacle drew criticism, support and undoubtedly even more publicity for the fiery young commentator, whose viral, fast-talking monologues made her a rising star in conservative media. It was no surprise that a pro-Trump organization decided to hire Lahren. She has been an avid supporter of President Trump, who was so taken by one of her appearances that he called her to thank her for her “fair coverage” of him.

“Political sore losers and ‘social justice warriors’ across the country are committed to sabotaging the President’s America First agenda every chance they get,” Great America Alliance said on its website. “If you are tired of the political tantrums and hypocrisy, stand with Tomi Lahren and Great America Alliance today to counter the largest group of whiners the country has ever seen.

“The Trump Train is speeding up!” it said in another Facebook post Monday.

Great America Alliance, chaired by former House speaker Newt Gingrich and former New York City mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, is part of an increasingly crowded space of pro-Trump advocacy groups. The group claims it was the largest pro-Trump super PAC, raising $30 million in support of Trump in 2016.

Early last month the group had already spent $3.5 million on ads promoting the Trump administration. The group’s supporters include billionaire investor Julian Robertson, Minnesota media mogul Stan Hubbard, Texas banker Hank Seale and Jewelry Exchange chief executive William Doddridge, The Post reported.

Lahren said in a news release she is “excited” to join the team and hopes to “add some new flavor and some youth to it.” She said she will continue to support Trump, but won’t shy away from pointing out the president’s failure to follow through on campaign promises.

“This isn’t about being a Trump cheerleader,” Lahren said. “This is about being an America first cheerleader.”

As for her next full-time position, Lahren said she has a “couple things on the table” and is deciding in which direction she wants to go.

“I enter into everything very carefully now because of my past experience,” Lahren said.

Good grief, now she's going to work for Newt. She really is like a cockroach, she survives and keeps coming back.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Tomi Lahren lands new gig at pro-Trump advocacy group after settling suit with the Blaze"

Reveal hidden contents

Tomi Lahren, the conservative commentator who claimed she was fired for publicly sharing her support of abortion rights, has landed a new job at a pro-Trump advocacy group.

Great America Alliance, an offshoot of one of the largest pro-Trump super PACs, announced Monday that Lahren will be joining the organization in a communications role, helping to “expand grassroots support of the President’s policies across the country.”

In an interview with the Dallas Morning News, Lahren said her new position is only a “side gig” as she continues to weigh job options for a full-time post. She says she will “definitely” return to television as a commentator, and it is important that her employer allow her to be independent and not censor her opinions, she said.

“You’re not getting a puppet and you’re not getting someone that sticks to talking points,” Lahren told the Dallas Morning News. “You’re getting an independent thinker.”

The 24-year-old provocateur was likely alluding to troubles with her former employer, the Blaze. Last month, Lahren sued the Blaze and its founder, conservative media personality Glenn Beck, alleging the company retaliated against her by wrongfully terminating her contract after she shared her opinions on abortion while appearing on “The View.”

During the segment in March, Lahren said she was “pro-choice,” and that it would be hypocritical of her to believe the government should decide what women should do with their bodies.

“You know what? I’m for limited government,” Lahren said. “So stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”

Lahren was fiercely criticized by antiabortion advocates, who said it was impossible for her to be both conservative and in favor of abortion rights. Some — including Beck — criticized her interpretation of the Constitution and called her out for seemingly contradicting previous remarks about abortion.

Lahren was subsequently told her employment was terminated, and her show pulled, but that the Blaze would continue to pay her. When Lahren sued for retaliation, Beck and the Blaze countersued, alleging her show was taken off the air because she had a long track record of insubordination.

Earlier this month, Lahren and the Blaze settled the dispute. The Blaze released Lahren from her employment contract and agreed to let her keep the Facebook page with 4.3 million-followers the Blaze created for her on the condition that she remove videos she made as an employee for the network.

The debacle drew criticism, support and undoubtedly even more publicity for the fiery young commentator, whose viral, fast-talking monologues made her a rising star in conservative media. It was no surprise that a pro-Trump organization decided to hire Lahren. She has been an avid supporter of President Trump, who was so taken by one of her appearances that he called her to thank her for her “fair coverage” of him.

“Political sore losers and ‘social justice warriors’ across the country are committed to sabotaging the President’s America First agenda every chance they get,” Great America Alliance said on its website. “If you are tired of the political tantrums and hypocrisy, stand with Tomi Lahren and Great America Alliance today to counter the largest group of whiners the country has ever seen.

“The Trump Train is speeding up!” it said in another Facebook post Monday.

Great America Alliance, chaired by former House speaker Newt Gingrich and former New York City mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, is part of an increasingly crowded space of pro-Trump advocacy groups. The group claims it was the largest pro-Trump super PAC, raising $30 million in support of Trump in 2016.

Early last month the group had already spent $3.5 million on ads promoting the Trump administration. The group’s supporters include billionaire investor Julian Robertson, Minnesota media mogul Stan Hubbard, Texas banker Hank Seale and Jewelry Exchange chief executive William Doddridge, The Post reported.

Lahren said in a news release she is “excited” to join the team and hopes to “add some new flavor and some youth to it.” She said she will continue to support Trump, but won’t shy away from pointing out the president’s failure to follow through on campaign promises.

“This isn’t about being a Trump cheerleader,” Lahren said. “This is about being an America first cheerleader.”

As for her next full-time position, Lahren said she has a “couple things on the table” and is deciding in which direction she wants to go.

“I enter into everything very carefully now because of my past experience,” Lahren said.

Good grief, now she's going to work for Newt. She really is like a cockroach, she survives and keeps coming back.

Ugh. But that sounds about right. I'm sure Gingrich is on the lookout for wife number 4 me she's blonde and dumb. Just like he likes them. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Ugh. But that sounds about right. I'm sure Gingrich is on the lookout for wife number 4 me she's blonde and dumb. Just like he likes them. 

Exactly -- with Callista off to be the ambassador to the Vatican, he can look for a younger model.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

Ew ew ew!  I made the mistake of Googling the former Mrs. Gingriches, to see if they're blond.  I knew he cheated on Wife #1 with the woman who became Wife #2, and cheated on her with Callista, who became Wife #3.  But did you know that Wife #1 was his geometry teacher?  :eyewash:

https://unewser.blogspot.com/2012/10/newt-gingrich-affair-with-marianne.html

It is already known that the thrice-married Gingrich has cheated on his wives. He married his first wife Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, in 1962 when he was 19 years old and she was 26.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

George Takei echoed my thoughts about Tomi:

20170605_george.PNG

• Upvote 5

@GreyhoundFan wish I had twitter I would have responded 

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but Tomi you'r not delightful. So since you've got no show.. just go, just go just GO. #itisnotaneitherorwecanfightboth

• Upvote 8