IGNORED

Counting On Season Three

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, ActualReality said:

Hmmm.  Interesting.  Can you explain the light airy voices that a lot of the women seem to have.  Both Michelle and Anna definitely have it.  Jill has it but Jessa doesn't.  The wedding dress lady was also all breathy and desiring purpose and all that jazz.

Maybe it's a show of submission.  To me is seems like a show of anaphylaxis.

@ActualReality, would you like to submit "desiring purpose" as a new thread-count title?  I think it absolutely *begs* to be used! 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, calimojo said:

I agree that Ben and Derick look worse for wear.  Obviously Derick's is from his surgery but I can't account for Ben's loss of looks.  He was a decent looking guy when he first came on the scene.  Good looking in the way that a high school girl would look at a high school boy.  But he looks bad now.  Pasty, with red rimmed eyes and kind of dead in the eyes.  I don't get it.  I give Ben a little more credit than some do in here because first,  His parents should have stepped in and not encouraged him to pursue courtship and marriage so young, especially into a circus like the Duggars.  And secondly,  because he was so young and lacking good guidance, he made a very uninformed decision that impacts his whole life.  And third, he does at least seem to value education and has shown some interests outside of the cult life.  Maybe he will grow up and have some various life experiences that challenge his narrow view of the world.    Unfortunately,  because he is saddled with no obvious skill set, 2 kids, a wife who wants baby after baby, etc,  he will be curtailed from getting to adventurous because Daddy Duggarbucks controls his life.

Ben is high AF in these talking heads. I don't care what anyone says he's stoned, the red glassy eyes, the vacant stare, I think Ben woke up shortly after Spurgy was born and realized just how screwed he is. He's 21 with 2 kids married to a woman he seems to tolerate because he has no other choice. Add to that he's still being controlled by a parental unit, Boob.  He's going the DQ route only he's checking out after only 1 kid, she waited until kid number 16 or 17.  I feel bad for him to a degree, he was raised in a similar crazy , he was a horny teenager and Jessa was a hot girl, again proving that marring for sex is the dumbest reason ever to get married. 

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ben is high AF in these talking heads. I don't care what anyone says he's stoned, the red glassy eyes, the vacant stare, I think Ben woke up shortly after Spurgy was born and realized just how screwed he is. He's 21 with 2 kids married to a woman he seems to tolerate because he has no other choice. Add to that he's still being controlled by a parental unit, Boob.  He's going the DQ route only he's checking out after only 1 kid, she waited until kid number 16 or 17.  I feel bad for him to a degree, he was raised in a similar crazy , he was a horny teenager and Jessa was a hot girl, again proving that marring for sex is the dumbest reason ever to get married. 

I honestly hope somebody in that family is getting stoned. They could really use "the pot" right now (as my grandmother once adorably referred to it... lol)

:banana-stoner:

Doesn't Ben have allergies? I do, and this rollercoaster weather is making them worse. Thank God my ENT has me on Zyrtec and Nasonex.

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

@ActualReality, would you like to submit "desiring purpose" as a new thread-count title?  I think it absolutely *begs* to be used! 

Would love to but i'm new here and have no idea what you're talking about.

What is a thread count title?

13 minutes ago, ActualReality said:

Would love to but i'm new here and have no idea what you're talking about.

What is a thread count title?

I vote for it - and I still don't know what it is 

and Welcome :D

Ben reminds me so much of a YouTuber I follow, named Mic. the Vegan. They look quite a bit alike and have a similar voice and mannerisms. 

Wedding dresses: I was so inept and clueless about sentiment, traditions and stuff, I didn't understand why people thought it was so odd that I shopped for it alone. It was literally a 10 minute ordeal: walked into JC Penney, found a simple gown (which was evidently a prom dress) and the clerk special ordered it in my size. Done. 

14 hours ago, socalrules said:

From the photos posted earlier it looked like Jeremy's mother was at the bridal shop. If so, why? My guess of course is storyline. I have never known anyone who took their future mother-in-law wedding dress shopping with them. I wouldn't. It seems like something most people would do with their mom or their close relative or friend. I doubt Jinger is even very close with Jeremy's. It isn't as though they lived close by during the courtship and spent a lot of time together. 

I went with my soon to be DIL and her mother wedding dress shopping. It was an honor to be included. We made a day of it. Dress shopping, lunch, browsing for wedding ideas, etc. It was like a girls day out with lots of laughing, sharing wedding ideas and generally just having fun. We don't live close and it was great to spend time with both of them.

23 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Ben reminds me so much of a YouTuber I follow, named Mic. the Vegan. They look quite a bit alike and have a similar voice and mannerisms. 

Wedding dresses: I was so inept and clueless about sentiment, traditions and stuff, I didn't understand why people thought it was so odd that I shopped for it alone. It was literally a 10 minute ordeal: walked into JC Penney, found a simple gown (which was evidently a prom dress) and the clerk special ordered it in my size. Done. 

..because so many wedding dress reality shows show families gathered together to give their approval of the dress, scrabble over money and remembrance when the bride use to be a baby. I think that weddings is all about the family and less about the bride and groom, but that sentiment could have come from watching too much tv.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Doesn't Ben have allergies? I do, and this rollercoaster weather is making them worse. Thank God my ENT has me on Zyrtec and Nasonex.

Yeah I have a friend who has bad allergies and she sounds a lot like Ben. It's horrible for her. 

Count me in as another who does not enjoy wedding dress shopping.  I didn't enjoy shopping for my gown and have no interest in going shopping for anyone else's dress.

The episode was a big borefest.  Michelle seemed almost completely uninterested in Jinger's wedding gowns too.

I just don't get why someone (looking at you, Jessa) doesn't tell Ben his allergies are looking pretty bad and get him some Flonase or whatever? I'm a severe allergy sufferer and I know they are days where I look like crap due to them, but I do my best to keep them under control. He looks miserable. Or really high. I don't see him smoking pot in Duggarland but I could see him being a stoner if he weren't so conservative. Anyways, I think it's just allergies and I'm confused as to why he can't get some relief. 

26 minutes ago, mstee said:

I just don't get why someone (looking at you, Jessa) doesn't tell Ben his allergies are looking pretty bad and get him some Flonase or whatever? I'm a severe allergy sufferer and I know they are days where I look like crap due to them, but I do my best to keep them under control. He looks miserable. Or really high. I don't see him smoking pot in Duggarland but I could see him being a stoner if he weren't so conservative. Anyways, I think it's just allergies and I'm confused as to why he can't get some relief. 

Maybe no one cares enough to mention it or they didn't notice, lol. Ben doesn't seem like the type to care.

11 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I went with my soon to be DIL and her mother wedding dress shopping. It was an honor to be included. We made a day of it. Dress shopping, lunch, browsing for wedding ideas, etc. It was like a girls day out with lots of laughing, sharing wedding ideas and generally just having fun. We don't live close and it was great to spend time with both of them.

Same. I took my MIL and SIL dress shopping with me. Partly because my mom was three states away and partly because I wanted them involved. too

On 1/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, Buzzard said:

Mind numbing blathering - part 4

Back at the shop... JInger comes out with "number 3" and they play happy music - she walks out in slow mo.  Clearly this is "the dress."  She hugs renee.   Jessa says that this is the picture "you showed me."  So... bullshit on this being all a surprise and not totally sketched out in advance?  So.... the first 2 were just space killers?

JInger TH - I loved everything about this dress, the sleeves and the train... 

She decides that 3 is the dress.   They give her flowers and a veil.  Renee asks "is this the jinger?"  Jinger says "yes."

We're reminded that Renee has a store in pensacola.  

Renee gives her options about the train.  RIght now its 45 inches.  JInger wants it longer. Jeremy likes long trains and has mentioned it (because thats normal...)

Joy explains that jana has to help with the train beause Jessa is pregnant and it will be long.  All the bridesmaids will have to take a corner.

Jessa TH - my train was decently long but this will be massive and will fillup the whole church. Jeremy is going to be a puddle of tears. Its gorgeous and just what she wanted. Its real and I'm happy for her but selfishly sad because she'll move away.

They all clap (except joy, who's texting).

Jinger TH - I'm excited about walking down the aisle in my dress.

They all hug...

The whole group shows up at "the creative studio" for painting classes.  It will be "fun" to make somtething for their new home.  The owner explains what they will be doing and Michelle nods like my dog when I have a treat in his face.

Michelle points out the new york skyline and says its perfect.  JIll wants to paint jeremy.  FOr some reason Jill is wearing a name tag... with a heart for the I.  Bin wants "sunrisey" colors for the background. Michelle picks a blue that matches her only shirt (her nametag also has a heart for the I).

Spurge cries.  Jill wheels Izzy around.  Jessa decides to sit int he car with the babies and get them to fall asleep.  Jessa says she did it because she's not good at painting so she took the kids to get out. She drives off... I hope she was a listed driver on the rental... 

Derick paints... Jinger says she's been texting jeremy to keep him in the loop without seeing the dress.  

Jessa is in the car and the kids are asleep. 

Jessa TH - this is good training becaseu soon i'll have 2 kids.

Bin painted coffee cuz... she likes coffee.  Joy painted a girl with an umbrella , jana says they'll help her hang it.  Derick and JIll painted a pic of jeremy and jinger intentionally faceless (like an amish doll) so as they age the painting goes with them... Michelle did the ny skyline because it reminds her of the proposal.  

They're actually very good so I call BS on them actually doing this without serious help.

Daddy vuolo did a "she is more rprecious than jewels" pic because godly woman...

Jinger - it was really neat spending this time together.  Thinking about moving to texas, its exciting. Since meetin gjeremy my life has completely changes. Its amazing how your worlds are moving together and looking foward to the future, its a special season.

Next week - they buy shit for his apartment.  Jessa tells them where to hang shit.  Joy gets her courthip.  SHots of the honeymoon.  Jill tells israel he's a big brother.  Jessa gets a 3d ultrasound.

I went shopping with friends, and not at a bridal shop.  I didn't even wear white.

Eh, I took my soon-to-be-DH with me dress shopping. We went to a shop in the mall, found a pretty white summer dress for $30 and DONE. We also got married in a park with just our dog and required witnesses. I'm so far removed from the Dream Princess Wedding I can't even see it from here ;) 

On 1/20/2017 at 10:17 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ben is high AF in these talking heads. I don't care what anyone says he's stoned, the red glassy eyes, the vacant stare

We have no confirmed info on illegal drug use.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:17 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ben is high AF in these talking heads. I don't care what anyone says he's stoned, the red glassy eyes, the vacant stare, I think Ben woke up shortly after Spurgy was born and realized just how screwed he is.

I think he's allergic and not too bright.  Allergy medicine might help but they should also minimize allergy triggers...and I'd be surprised if they have a clue.

I've been thinking about the cost of this wedding and I'm in absolute shock.  So we have the cost of the trip to buy the dress, the dress (I don't believe the dress was comped maybe sold at cost but not free), the flowers, the outfits for everyone in the bridal party, rental of the church, wedding planner and coordinator, and other decorations. Thank goodness for the leg humpers or JB/TLC would have been out 30k. 

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

What does DH stand for?

Like @grandmadugger said Darling (or Dear) Husband. If you see an acronym that is underlined, you can hover over it with your mouse and a definition comes up.

On January 20, 2017 at 10:10 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Lol @ActualReality I didn't mind the way the dress lady whisper-talked. It gave me massive ASMR 

@grandmadugger The dress shopping trip was probably paid by TLC. And why would they travel all the way to DC and give that lady's shop tv publicity, if the dress wasn't free? I wouldn't be surprised if the shop actually paid additionally to be on the show. I could be wrong though, but I doubt the wedding was as expensive for them as some are imagining. 

It would've been cheaper to have the designer just make the trip to AR instead of having all those people trek to VA. 

I found my wedding dress online. I showed it to my bridesmaids, and they liked it so ordered from a local shop. I don't get the whole group thing either, but to each their own. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived