IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I posted the link to the lawsuit right on this page.

I know, I don't always read ahead before I post either. ;) 

Thank you!!! I'm the worst, lol! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart breaks for Tabitha. I can't imagine what it must be like to see your siblings and friends living what seem like fairy tale lives with their spouses while you sit at home waiting for your turn. Then your turn finally comes, and you realize you waited all those years for...what? An old guy with a rap sheet? Tabitha has to know there are plenty of women in the secular world who have fared better than her. She has to wonder why she wasn't blessed with a Chad, Zach, John, Brandon, Jeremy, even a Ben or Derick, why she wasn't good enough. I just feel so bad for her. :pb_cry:

I now suspect this wedding has been called off, or at least postponed. Three weeks to go and only one item has come off the registry (and that item has been off for a long time).  Surely by now they would have sent out invites.  I suspect the wedding was called off at the same time as Tabitha deleted her FB page.

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I now suspect this wedding has been called off, or at least postponed. Three weeks to go and only one item has come off the registry (and that item has been off for a long time).  Surely by now they would have sent out invites.  I suspect the wedding was called off at the same time as Tabitha deleted her FB page.

I hope the wedding was called off, but I'm really not going to hold my breath.

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I suspect the wedding was called off at the same time as Tabitha deleted her FB page.

i'd be pretty surprised if that was the case - she took her fb down before the batesfam instagram posted a picture of the paine girls visiting tennessee (photo credit was given to tabitha and her two sisters were in the pic) on what i can only assume was a wedding planning trip (why else would the three of them be visiting tennessee together? if tabitha had just broken it off with her fiance surely she wouldn't go to Tennessee to get some space...)

11 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

i'd be pretty surprised if that was the case - she took her fb down before the batesfam instagram posted a picture of the paine girls visiting tennessee (photo credit was given to tabitha and her two sisters were in the pic) on what i can only assume was a wedding planning trip (why else would the three of them be visiting tennessee together? if tabitha had just broken it off with her fiance surely she wouldn't go to Tennessee to get some space...)

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part (that the wedding was called off or at least postponed), but Tabitha and her sisters might have been visiting her brother, Chad, and his family.

Is she even having a shower? If she is, I guess it will be a weekend or two before the wedding. Because I would imagine if it was this weekend, a fundie would have bought something off the regustry. It seems close to the wedding date but fundies do weird stuff so who knows. I'm just thinking of my wedding shower and I think I had it 4 weeks before my wedding because I had so much stuff to do the two weekends before my wedding. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is she even having a shower? If she is, I guess it will be a weekend or two before the wedding. Because I would imagine if it was this weekend, a fundie would have bought something off the regustry. It seems close to the wedding date but fundies do weird stuff so who knows. I'm just thinking of my wedding shower and I think I had it 4 weeks before my wedding because I had so much stuff to do the two weekends before my wedding. 

Yeah, it seems really close to the wedding, but as you said, Fundies can be weird. I don't remember the Duggars or Bateses having showers right before their weddings though? Granted the short engagements don't leave a lot of time, but I thought even Fundie showers were typically four or six weeks before. 

I'm with @Queen Of Hearts in just having my fingers crossed that the wedding was cancelled.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived