IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm still disgusted that Tim thought that he could give his story and people would be, I don't know sorry for him? I know all these men are fucked up but seriously? You're not being persecuted, you raped your roommate! 

It's a really common thing with them. I still feel bad about fights I had with my mom was I was 16, I'd love a fucking ounce of their sense of entitlement and invincibility. Wtf. 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SweetFellowshipper said:

It's a really common thing with them. I still feel bad about fights I had with my mom was I was 16, I'd love a fucking ounce of their sense of entitlement and invincibility. Wtf. 

Yep stupidly common and they are so entitled. They'd make your head spin. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Yep stupidly common and they are so entitled. They'd make your head spin. 

It does unfortunately give some insight into the minds of unrepentant abusers. They have to rewrite the narrative or they'd never be able to live with themselves. 

One of the main goals of the SOR is to track and monitor offenders for real estate purposes.  Court records are difficult to query, but lists/databases are easy.  This makes it easy for us to flag/block purchases that are too close to dangerous areas (schools/parks/playgrounds) where otherwise it would be very easy for offenders to slip through the cracks. It also allows buyers who have concerns to make sure the neighborhood they are moving to is safe. As a single woman living by herself, that is something I would check before buying.  I also checked crime statistics, etc. 

People can reform. You bet. And MOST crimes expire from the registry after a time, so it's not FOREVER if you do turn over a new leaf. But sex crimes are a special kind of serious that disproportionately target vulnerable groups, and we need to allow for extra protection. 

5 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

But he's washed in the blood of the Lamb, y'all, redeemed and renewed!/sarcasm

Gag me.

No, gag him. That would improve the world. We don't need another person preaching about how they were saved from "the real world".

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No, gag him. That would improve the world. We don't need another person preaching about how they were saved from "the real world".

Seriously, most people manage to get by in the real world without committing violent felonies? 

13 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Seriously, most people manage to get by in the real world without committing violent felonies? 

Your comment made me think of this comedy bit I watched online (link below). This video is about cheating, not something as horrible as Tim's crime, but the point is still the same as the one you're making. Warning that the language is NSFW (discusses having sex rather graphically).

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/pwzvir/the-half-hour-more-than-one-mistake

Just read the thread, and I want to vomit thinking of Tabitha.  She is so innocent, like a lamb being led to slaughter.  My heart breaks for her.  When I first saw the pics of the guy, I thought he looked like a creeper.  My gut is honestly rarely wrong.  I think most of us have the gift of gut, truly.  I knew, for example, EVERY SINGLE TIME my husband cheated on me, instinctively, and I knew I was wrong to marry him when I did....  But I digress.  

I wish there were a way to #FreeTabitha, but she is a victim of her upbringing and her cult.  It sickens me that her family is willing to put her in harm's way.  It sickens me that the Duggars are willing to marry another woman entrusted to their care off to another sexual predator.  But of course... Why would they care?

@singsingsing In the US, SOR with community notification is required by federal law, but execution of the law varies by state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan's_Law 

On topic, I feel really bad for Tabitha. And I'm appalled that he was basically able to get the charge squashed. Ugh. I hoped when this all first came out that he was repentant (in a secular sense) and understood the severity of his actions. I also hoped that Tabi was fully informed and able to decide with full knowledge whether or not to move forward with this guy.

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

But, butt, he's *extra* saved.  How many other men have gone down such a narrow path, into such a dark abyss, only to come out cleansed?  Wouldn't it be selfish of him to not share his testimony?

Bet most of the fundies who have heard the false accusation story are thankful he didn't get the poor woman pregnant.  As if.

His particular method generally would not result in pregnancy.  #science  #eyeroll

That is what they do, you know.  They anally rape women specifically so they won't get them pregnant.  I have heard of this happening so many times it makes me nauseous.  I know women that this has happened to personally.  

Not one of the men have been punished with more than a slap on the wrist.

Tim Robertson gets to go about his life as though he is an innocent victim of a heinous false accusation.

It's sickening.  

I just stumbled across the Daily Mail article on this and made my way over here :(

I'll have more to say (apart from WTAF) when I scrape myself off the ceiling, this is mind boggling, truly mind boggling.

I'm finding it hard to string a sentence together right now.

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE THINKING?!

RUN TABITHA RUN! FOR GODS SAKE!

On 09/02/2017 at 7:22 AM, halcionne said:

@singsingsing In the US, SOR with community notification is required by federal law, but execution of the law varies by state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan's_Law 

On topic, I feel really bad for Tabitha. And I'm appalled that he was basically able to get the charge squashed. Ugh. I hoped when this all first came out that he was repentant (in a secular sense) and understood the severity of his actions. I also hoped that Tabi was fully informed and able to decide with full knowledge whether or not to move forward with this guy.

I hope she decided with full knowledge too. I would like to know which member of fundie land undertook to explain this particular form of sexual assault to a woman as sheltered as Tabitha. Was it Michelle Dugger or her mother who got the job of rationalising this behaviour and explaining how forgiving this level of sin makes her a more godly woman? Did they mention that men it's pretty common for men with this kind of history to prey on sheltered, naive, women? :annoyed:

8 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I hope she decided with full knowledge too. I would like to know which member of fundie land undertook to explain this particular form of sexual assault to a woman as sheltered as Tabitha. Was it Michelle Dugger or her mother who got the job of rationalising this behaviour and explaining how forgiving this level of sin makes her a more godly woman? Did they mention that men it's pretty common for men with this kind of history to prey on sheltered, naive, women? :annoyed:

No one told Tabitha anything. They would just say that he was tempted with an ungodly woman when he was younger and that he was led astray by her. They certainly didn't tell her the truth. No more than Anna Duggar knew what she was getting into. Keep em sheltered and all will be well. Fucking fundies. 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

No one told Tabitha anything. They would just say that he was tempted with an ungodly woman when he was younger and that he was led astray by her. They certainly didn't tell her the truth. No more than Anna Duggar knew what she was getting into. Keep em sheltered and all will be well. Fucking fundies. 

That's the thing. I don't want to assume Tabitha or Anna are stupid or unable to find out the info themselves...But have they? Would they even understand 100% what it meant if they did? I assume they were told things in a very limited, Jesus-sprinkled way. 

2 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

That's the thing. I don't want to assume Tabitha or Anna are stupid or unable to find out the info themselves...But have they? Would they even understand 100% what it meant if they did? I assume they were told things in a very limited, Jesus-sprinkled way. 

No, they aren't stupid. I would imagine they are trusting. If Daddy says it's ok. Then it must be ok. That's all there is to it. They aren't taught to think for themselves, critical thinking skills are at zero. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

No, they aren't stupid. I would imagine they are trusting. If Daddy says it's ok. Then it must be ok. That's all there is to it. 

Yeah. I guess I also want to acknowledge their brainwashing while also saying...Women in these cults uphold rape culture too, so we can't be 100% sure they *don't* know. I assume they don't, but that might be assuming too much. Michelle knew about her daughters' molestations and could have helped them. She didn't. 

In a way I don't know that we can ever have access to either the men's or women's ways of thinking in these groups. They are so deliberately uneducated and brainwashed and kept in bubbles...Who knows what they think? 

@hasunah As you say, it's absolutely not the case here - when someone has pled guilty to rape, when he was over 30, it wasn't an issue of being a kid accused of a sex crime.

This is directed generally:

PLEASE - we have FJers in this thread talking about how it really hurts them, as victims of sex crimes, to have the whole diversion into the outlier cases of Sex Offenders Registries talked about alongside this kind of case, WHERE THE OFFENDER PLED GUILTY.  People have already explained why it hurts them, and why it's super-problematic. 

I would really appreciate it, if anyone really want to keep on talking about those things, please could you start a new thread for it, as people have suggested over & over already?  You can pop a link in here if you like. 

Thank you.

21 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Tabitha definitely knows now, she saw those comments on tims testimony. Anna's figured out what's up by now too, though I'm sure the story *really* came out after Josh was outed publicly. I'll bet they both got a 'I had unpure thoughts and sinned' spiel the first time.

i am hopeful that tabitha taking down her Facebook mean she has real concerns over her impending marriage, but I'm realistic enough to think she's just hiding from the nasty and inconvenient truth.

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Tabitha definitely knows now, she saw those comments on tims testimony. Anna's figured out what's up by now too, though I'm sure the story *really* came out after Josh was outed publicly. I'll bet they both got a 'I had unpure thoughts and sinned' spiel the first time.

i am hopeful that tabitha taking down her Facebook mean she has real concerns over her impending marriage, but I'm realistic enough to think she's just hiding from the nasty and inconvenient truth.

I'm always hopeful of that. Will believe it when I see it though. :(

On 2/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, SweetFellowshipper said:

I assume they were told things in a very limited, Jesus-sprinkled way. 

Thank you for this!  Glitter Jesus! 

There is a deep underlying belief that married heterosexual sex is normalizing because consecrated by God.  No matter what has gone before, married heterosexual sex will. fix. everything.  See, because St. Gothard, an unmarried man who molests young women, sez so.  

If that doesn't work, MOAR GOTHARD!  It fixed Josh, didn't it?  How long has he been scandal free after attending Gothard Re-education Camp and Prayer School? Why it must be months now! Nothing to see here. Move along! 

Per the Bates' instagram, Tabitha and her sisters appear to be visiting the knoxville area.  They went to an aquarium in gatlinburg with the bates kids recently.  Which probably means they're visiting tim to do some wedding planning. :( bummer. 

I could be remembering wrong but I was thinking the Paine Family blog had a fall picture with Tim in it but I don't see it now on their blog. 

Am I remembering wrong?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived