IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:
This feels inappropriate. These are actual people we're talking about. He obviously did something wrong, but we really have no idea what happened. 

This. I think we are majorly crossing a line here.

DO NOT mention FJ in any way if you make any contacts about this. FJ does NOT condone contacting these people or tabloids about this, so if you do it, you do it as yourself not FJ.

31 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

This feels inappropriate. These are actual people we're talking about. He obviously did something wrong, but we really have no idea what happened. 

Agreed.  I'm just pointing out to the poster who said that Tabitha isn't famous (and she's not) that a gossip rag of some sort would absolutely jump in this and phrase it that way. 

A person can be put on a sex offender registry for being caught peeing in public. It does say sexual assault, but we do know for sure it is the same guy or what actually happened.

48 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

How can anyone really think it's NOT him??

It does seem to be him, I don't dispute that. (Although stranger things have happened.) And I am in no way diminishing the horror of sexual assault. BUT we do not actually know the full story. Weird things happen. To definitively call him a rapist and talk about calling tabloids, etc., crosses a line imo. 

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if it was no biggie to her; I mean, she worked for a family who did next to nothing while their son systematically molested their little girls, and her own dad helped to cover up Gothard's rape scandal. Keeping company like this, she's probably thinking "who HASN'T raped a person or two, right?"

Also, I think ageism for women is very very real in their society. She might be pretty and smart and from Fundie royalty, but she's 31, and I think the message is "be thankful for what you can get."

I agree with other posters who advise against alerting tabloids. That does nothing but humiliate Tabitha. And with the Fundie distrust of worldliness, I doubt they would even see it as a valid source to believe (and well...tabloids aren't exactly valid sources anyway...)

WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE PHONE I just realized my earlier response could be taken to mean "tabloids will care [and thus we should tell them]" when in fact I very very much do not mean this at all. I completely am 100% opposed, personally, to contacting anybody about this, journalists, family, no -- just no. Holy crap. No. Sorry. Maybe I need to work on my own communications skills so I don't feel like the young tuna thieves in My Cousin Vinny again.  

I really did just want to point out to the person who suggested tabloids wouldn't care because she's not famous that yes, unfortunately, some very well might. 

Sigh. 

Sorry. 

4 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

It does seem to be him, I don't dispute that. (Although stranger things have happened.) And I am in no way diminishing the horror of sexual assault. BUT we do not actually know the full story. Weird things happen. To definitively call him a rapist and talk about calling tabloids, etc., crosses a line imo. 

I can't recall if I called him a rapist. But I certainly have no plans to call a tabloid about anything. I just said I wouldn't mind if they caught wind of it. I don't plan to help them along or anything though.

29 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I can't recall if I called him a rapist. But I certainly have no plans to call a tabloid about anything. I just said I wouldn't mind if they caught wind of it. I don't plan to help them along or anything though.

I know, I was just putting my thoughts out there :-)

inappropriate touching is super common in their circles. i'm sure if tabitha and her parents know, all has been forgiven. they don't give a shit.

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

inappropriate touching is super common in their circles. i'm sure if tabitha and her parents know, all has been forgiven. they don't give a shit.

Agree. The idea of taking this to a tabloid in some kind of weird attempt to save her is misguided to say the least.

Considering what has been said earlier about Tabitha's father and a sexual assault victim, it's probably not a big deal to them. I do feel bad for Tabitha though, she may have no idea.

It's very likely him. According to howmanyofme.com there are only 579 men named Timothy Robertson in the US. Don't think that many are born on the same day. Poor Tabitha. 

On 7.1.2017 at 5:15 AM, Kayleigh83 said:

Check out the comment below this photo! Feel like this guy needs to be extended an invitation to FJ :pb_lol: (edit - lol never mind! I looked at his page and hoooooo boy...... got outta there fast)

IMG_0102.PNG

That comment is kind if creepy now .

On 1/14/2017 at 4:49 PM, hasunah said:

Gift cards and cash for the couple!?!?!?!?  WTF?!?!??~?    (Sorry the picture didn't get into the quote.)

On 1/14/2017 at 4:49 PM, hasunah said:

Makes me wonder if it was a reference to his alleged sexual assault. (If that's really him on the list, etc.)

36 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Makes me wonder if it was a reference to his alleged sexual assault. (If that's really him on the list, etc.)

I thought that might be a possibility at first but this is someone he's friends with on FB.  Wouldn't he have removed this comment and/or unfriended this guy if it was a true reference to his past?  I think it was just a remark made in bad taste.

I saw that comment when Tabitha's engagement was first posted in Joy's thread before any of this speculation or rumours of his past came up. Even then I thought it was very weird and strange for someone to comment about him spiking her drink on a photo celebrating their engagement. 

I agree it now looks even creepier, but on further thought, like @justmy2cents mentions, it makes more sense to be a comment from a buddy of his. I know my brother and his mates leave banter type comments on fb that make no sense to an outsider but those within the circle of friends would 'get'.

And some men, especially those who view women as nothing but possessions, might think making a joke a about spiking drinks to get what they want ( even just a Yes to engagement) as funny. For me, I see nothing funny about such kinds of jokes. I find them totally offensive and inappropriate. I find it strange that Tim didn't delete the comment straight away, whether or not he has a past he doesn't want uncovered. 

I've heard the "What are you giving her to make her stay with you?" Ifs fairly normal for guys to rib each other but it does sound freaky seeing what we know about him.

If it is him, I hope it doesn't turn into another Anna/Joshley sh*t show. 

On 1/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can't believe these people. She would be considered tainted goods if she had given some other guy a kiss. But he can rape a person and be forgiven and it's all good. :my_angry:

I think the whole thing is absurd, but then I remember that these are the same people involved in the IBLP lawsuit who most likely helped BG cover up years of abuses, not to mention these are the same people who did not bat an eyelid when Joshley 1:0 came out (sexual abuse on his minor sisters) but cried murder when Joshley 2:0 happened (Danica Dillon/Ashley Madison).

Not saying that cheating on your spouse is a good thing, but it is sex between consenting adults, and not at all comparable to excusing molesting minors because Jesus.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, nausicaa said:

Also, I think ageism for women is very very real in their society. She might be pretty and smart and from Fundie royalty, but she's 31, and I think the message is "be thankful for what you can get."

I really hope that this is not the case, but I am afraid you might be spot on. These parents are doing an incredible disservice to their kids, in every possible way.

He appears to have locked down his facebook - the tim robertson linked to from tabitha's page has no posts, when i click on him. i wonder if he found this speculation. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived