IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

12 hours ago, snickers34 said:

But see, the problem with these folks is that they're too stupid to realize how stupid they are. What should happen is first the realization of how little we know, then humility, then the ability to grow from that. They're all too sheltered to have the typical self-actualization opportunities that most of us have.

In the case of Derrick though, there isn't much sheltering to use as an excuse. He went to college, at a state university, and lived abroad and worked in corporate America for several years before meeting Jill. 

His douchenozzledom is all on him.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

In the case of Derrick though, there isn't much sheltering to use as an excuse. He went to college, at a state university, and lived abroad and worked in corporate America for several years before meeting Jill. 

His douchenozzledom is all on him.

Actually I doubt he had any real work experience apart from the walmart thing. He went to Nepal right after finishing college, right? I'm not trying to make excuses, i think he is an ass

Every time TimeHop brings up posts of mine from 7 or 8 years ago I am fucking horrified.

When I see the stuff from 10 years ago, I want to smack myself and say "Do you think that anyone cares?" But of course I did, those posts remind me how far I've come. Now I don't care if people care, I'm posting those pictures of my cats anyway! [emoji6]

Jill and Derick will keep talking about adoption, only to make themselves look angelic. Meanwhile, baby #2(palestine duggar) won't definetly be the last.

I am thankful youtube didn't exist when I was young. My friends and I used to make the dumbest videos of us dancing around and singing (jr. high aged.) Just embarrassing. So thankful it's not on the internet!

I kind of wonder if they'd name their kid Salvador if they're going with the travel theme and places significant to them.

I actually really like Ireland as a name, knew someone who named her daughter that. And it fits both with "i" and travel theme lol.

I'm waiting for Derek to tweet my favorite Proverb:  Beauty in a woman without good judgment is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.   :evil-laugh:

4 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I kind of wonder if they'd name their kid Salvador if they're going with the travel theme and places significant to them.

I actually really like Ireland as a name, knew someone who named her daughter that. And it fits both with "i" and travel theme lol.

I have a cat named Ireland. 

4 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

They can also do India for a girl. Israel, Ireland, and India. We've named your babies for you, Jill.

I like Ireland, Georgia, Summer, etc as names... but it depends on the reason behind it.

"Asia" was very popular name around my neck of the woods a few years ago, but the parents often did it to sound exotic and worldly - even though they were the opposite of that. Kinda like the preppy status of Buffy, Bunny, and Jennifer back in the day. 

Though I really like the name Buffy thanks to Joss Whedon. Classic ditz name transformed into a wicked vampire slayer. Priceless. 

How about River or Kaylee or Inara (also Joss Whedon!). I like Aelin or Celeana too or Fayre-I know, I know,  too "worldly" for the Dullards...

12 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

They can also do India for a girl. Israel, Ireland, and India. We've named your babies for you, Jill.

I love the name India for a girl!  Wasn't Ashley Wilkes' sister named India?  I've known two Burma/Birmas.  Naming little girls are foreign ports of call was a thing back in the era of the China clipper.

On January 10, 2017 at 7:17 AM, fraurosena said:

Although I haven't seen de video (and I'm not keen to either), I'm convinced that the only reason Derick starts vomiting whilst running is because he's overdoing it. If you haven't excercised for some time and aren't in a terribly good phisical condition and then suddenly start running/jogging, your body will start protesting, often by vomiting. No more drama than that.
So I'm betting there's not a virus/bacteria/illness involved at all. We're talking about the Duggars, after all. 

I was going to say the same thing. It would be very Duggar-like to go to the doctor for the drama for a non-issue and not go for actual issues.

On January 11, 2017 at 11:29 AM, MiddleAgedLady said:

New Bible tweet! 

Dude should have been arrested for animal cruelty after the cat incident. He needs to shut the hell up.

5 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

How about River or Kaylee or Inara (also Joss Whedon!). I like Aelin or Celeana too or Fayre-I know, I know,  too "worldly" for the Dullards...

I would love to see that the new baby was named Kaywinnetlee Frye Dillard. Well, except that I'm in the camp that hopes that the Dillards and Seewalds have sons, not daughters. Both boys and girls get shortchanged and abused by this cult, but less girl children might just mean they limit their family size because of the lack of sister-moms. 

Inara or River would be awesome, too. A fundie child named for a Companion or a psychic genius. That would be amazing!

6 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I love the name India for a girl!  Wasn't Ashley Wilkes' sister named India?  I've known two Burma/Birmas.  Naming little girls are foreign ports of call was a thing back in the era of the China clipper.

Re the two Burmas: did people ever call them Myanmar?

I'm generally not as big a fan of country-based names (with the exception of Erin and Georgia, and I guess Salvador if you want to take it to its logical extension) because whenever I hear them, I just start thinking of the geopolitical situation of that country.

@nastyhobbitses,  I haven't seen one Burma since 1971 as she graduated from high school that year.  Burma, though, reminded me of Melanie in Gone With the Wind. She had that same gentle personality and delicate beauty as Melanie.  The other Birma is almost certainly dead by now.  She was the French teacher in our high school and she was old 45 years ago.  (IOW, the same age I am now.)

Italy, Indonesia, Iceland and then (for the twins they'll probably end up having) Iran and Iraq.

Or they could stick to the Middle East with Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Turkey etc.

Or (assuming they have plenty) they could just go for states with long-standing enmity - Israel / Palestine, India / Pakistan, Greece / Turkey,... the list could go on.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, VeganCupcake said:

That's precisely why I love our (former :( ) UGA football coach Mark Richt; he KNOWS he's a damn millionaire, so he went and adopted a severely disabled orphan! Now that's a Christian who walks his talk. 

That's what I like about the actor Jim Caviezel. He's ultra-Catholic, pro-life (I, personally, am pro-choice) but he adopted three kids, and I think two had brain tumors or something. Point is, he doesn't just go to orphanages in Scary Central America and coo over the little brown kids without any real intention to adopt. He actually did. So while I disagree with his views, I respect that he lives by his beliefs instead of just spouting pro-birth bullshit and ignoring kids who need help.

I didn't think anyone would ever challenge Bin for the esteemed title of "my least favourite Duggar husband" but wow, in the last year or so, Derick has really come in swinging.

I can't help but feel Jill is relieved to have a 2nd baby. She probably thinks that the more she has the more likely Derrick will allow her to stay state side and give up on this stupid bohemian/traveler/hippy dream he masks with "missionary work".  Seriously. 2 white people in Central America trying to convert people, and Jill sits at home with a baby while he gallivants ...Derrick could do "missions" in the cities/the countryside in a land he already is from and he already speaks the language of. But no "I wanna travel the word on a church's dime" sounds about right. I was willing to give him credit thinking this was a ruse to get Jill away from the family/America during "Joshgate" but maybe after all he's just a boy who wants freedom. If so be the case he married into the wrong family. Jill's dependent on Michelle and Jimbob she'll never truly leave Duggarworld. 

20 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

If we are going for a Joss Whedon name,  Buffy or Spike?  Even better, Drusilla. The name Faith or Glory would work for them.  I like Willow. I'm a huge fan of Buffy, Angel and the short lived Firefly (sniff).

On 1/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, PennySycamore said:

Yes India was Ashley sister and I think that was one of the multiple girls Scarlett took their beau. 

Ashley Wilkes sisters were India and Honey.  Scarlet stole both of their beaux along with stealing her sister Sue Ellen's and being outraged when one of the Tarleton twins was taken with her little sister, Careen. Can you tell Gone with the Wind is a favorite of mine?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived