IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

10 minutes ago, nst said:

and that is the truth 

Jana and Jessa at least can't stand each other 

yeah, and Jessa and Jill seem to be constantly competing, though Jill doesn't seem to be pushing back as much now, Jinger and Jeremy seem embarrassed...

this sort of stuff seems to go on in almost every family, the larger, the more drama, but very few get to do it in front of a television audience 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jabrina said:

This is a really really bad photoshop job. If you want to know how bad look at the shadows, they are all over the place.

For god sake IT IS NOT PHOTOSHOPED (and I have no idea why I'm so ragey about something so stupid as this picture, so sorry) . Just because people look stupid/awkward in a photo doesn't make it photoshoped.   This is nothing more than a bunch of socially awkward humans standing around trying to look "normal". The only problem is they aren't normal, they are freaks who can't figure out how to behave in public because they were not taught how to.  Jeremy looks normalish, but is somewhat put off by the freaks, being a semi normal person in a room full of weirdos makes you the weirdo and you know it. Jinger is doing what Jeremy is telling her too standing there. Ben looks like the class clown which is kind of what he is.  Joy looks the most natural, Austin I can give him a pass it's his 1st photo call, he looks slightly dorky but over all normal, I won't bash him until we see with our own eyes what  prick he is.  The rest of them look like fish out of water flopping around on the deck of a boat. 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Do I need to mention that once again Jill is c;linging onto Derek as if he's a life raft?

In all fairness they are clinging to each other.  They do this a lot. Maybe Jill is just touchy feely, after years of physical neglect by her parents (hello only side hugs) she's found out she LIKES to be touched or held onto? I'm kind of the same way, I've been married for 20 years and I still hang on to my husband and he me when we do stuff. We hold hands we snuggle in movies, we intertwine our legs when sitting  around we always seem to be touching in some way, it is almost subconscious now, we don't even realize we are doing it most of the time. 

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

In all fairness they are clinging to each other.  They do this a lot. Maybe Jill is just touchy feely, after years of physical neglect by her parents (hello only side hugs) she's found out she LIKES to be touched or held onto? I'm kind of the same way, I've been married for 20 years and I still hang on to my husband and he me when we do stuff. We hold hands we snuggle in movies, we intertwine our legs when sitting  around we always seem to be touching in some way, it is almost subconscious now, we don't even realize we are doing it most of the time. 

Perhaps. I guess I react so strongly to it because I am NOT very demonstrative at all. You will find very few photos of me and my husband even holding hands. It's my fault that I find it distasteful. I always have, even when high school friends couldn't keep their hands off each other. 

They look so mismatched because TLC likely did not pay for their outfits so they wore what they had. Usually a network brings in a stylist with the clothes to coordinate the whole group. As someone mentioned upthread, it's obvious TLC is paying as little as possible for this show. I wouldn't doubt that even the paychecks the Duggars are receiving are much lower than their parents received during the 19 Kids days and likely less than most of the shows on TLC because the Duggars have no bargaining power. They are screwed without the show and no other channel is going to put them on because they can't even bring in big advertisers so it's not financially worth it. I would be freaked out to be so dependent on the show. 

My gawd, these people are so boring and predictable. Yet another season about courtships, weddings, babies, adoption talk. Someone's going have to pop out triplets or start a sex tape rumor to keep viewers. Or jeez, relaminate the Chore Packs or something. 

4 minutes ago, socalrules said:

They look so mismatched because TLC likely did not pay for their outfits so they wore what they had. Usually a network brings in a stylist with the clothes to coordinate the whole group. As someone mentioned upthread, it's obvious TLC is paying as little as possible for this show. I wouldn't doubt that even the paychecks the Duggars are receiving are much lower than their parents received during the 19 Kids days and likely less than most of the shows on TLC because the Duggars have no bargaining power. They are screwed without the show and no other channel is going to put them on because they can't even bring in big advertisers so it's not financially worth it. I would be freaked out to be so dependent on the show. 

I would imagine they maybe pay each person/couple $1k to $2k per episode so they would only get $6/12k  a year, not enough to support yourself but something a little extra that no one would balk at That is  IF the Kidults at home are allowed to keep that money for themselves.  

At their height they were getting rumored $25k to $40k per I'm guessing they are getting no more than 1/2 of the $25k now split between each person and it isn't much. 

My gawd, these people are so boring and predictable. Yet another season about courtships, weddings, babies, adoption talk. Someone's going have to pop out triplets or start a sex tape rumor to keep viewers. Or jeez, relaminate the Chore Packs or something. 

They could go to the dentist again![emoji6]

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I would imagine they maybe pay each person/couple $1k to $2k per episode so they would only get $6/12k  a year, not enough to support yourself but something a little extra that no one would balk at That is  IF the Kidults at home are allowed to keep that money for themselves.  

At their height they were getting rumored $25k to $40k per I'm guessing they are getting no more than 1/2 of the $25k now split between each person and it isn't much. 

I doubt the kidults are allowed to keep anything. I'm sure it all goes into one account titled under JB. 

Evebtually this will dry up. Then what will they do? 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

...We hold hands we snuggle in movies, we intertwine our legs when sitting  around we always seem to be touching in some way, it is almost subconscious now, we don't even realize we are doing it most of the time. 

Yes, me and Mr. SB are both touchy feely. Nothing wrong with that at all, wouldn't have it any other way. The difference is that we don't have separation anxiety when apart, as Jill does. She would be so much more content if she was treated for it.

Some of the picture criticism seems like BEC to me, but, have at it. 

26 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Yes, me and Mr. SB are both touchy feely. Nothing wrong with that at all, wouldn't have it any other way. The difference is that we don't have separation anxiety when apart, as Jill does. She would be so much more content if she was treated for it.

Some of the picture criticism seems like BEC to me, but, have at it. 

Gonna second this. My husband and I aren't super touchy feely but I don't think it's weird that other people are. The only thing I thought was weird about that picture is that the people on the right seem so much smaller than the people on the left lol. Joy and Jana seem so tiny compared to Jill and Jinger. (Granted, Jinger's got on those killer heels!) They should have put either the Dillards or the Vuolos on the other side to balance it out.

6 hours ago, Jabrina said:

This is a really really bad photoshop job. If you want to know how bad look at the shadows, they are all over the place.

That was my first thought too. Looks like a real crap Photoshop job to me.

21 hours ago, Zola said:

I asked my father to attend my first and only birth. He stood right beside me at the head of the bed and I held his hand the whole time. I was immensely comforted by his presence (I am a Daddy's girl to the soul) and no one said a single word about my baby's daddy and my own daddy being right there with me when I was more scared and in more pain than I'd ever imagined was possible.

There's nothing weird or gross or inappropriate about a grandfather attending a birth at his beloved daughter's request. We were all adults. We all know how babies are born. He wasn't standing there eyeballing the business end as my son was born, but he was right there next to me to hold my hand until I finally released the death grip I had on him so I could reach for and hold my newborn son.

If there had been an emergency, if my dad had had to be available to help in some capacity, if he had been called upon to see the action area, so what? He changed my diapers, ffs. Not only were we all adults and expected to act like adults, I was giving birth. Not exactly the time to cater to some bullshit antiquated notions of modesty.

This was a lovely tribute to your Dad. It is exactly what our children would say about their Dad and it made me happy to read your post on a day that has been difficult. Thank you for cheering up a random Internet stranger. 

Regarding the photo criticism: I wouldn't snark on it if someone posted it on their personal Facebook or something. People don't have to pose and dress like models all the time, and sometimes people look a little awkward in sincere family shots and that's fine.

This isn't a personal photo meant for family and friends, though. This is a promotional image for a product - in this case the product is a TV show. This photo is essentially an advertisement. I don't think it's some kind of personal BEC to say that an advertisement isn't setting the intended tone or making the show it's intending to promote look appealing. That's actually pretty useful feedback for advertisers.

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

For god sake IT IS NOT PHOTOSHOPED (and I have no idea why I'm so ragey about something so stupid as this picture, so sorry) . Just because people look stupid/awkward in a photo doesn't make it photoshoped. 

I mean, even if they really were all in the photo together (and I don't know why they wouldn't be), I'm sure it's at least a little bit photoshopped. I can't imagine they wouldn't do any retouching at all.

19 hours ago, calimojo said:

THe whole scale is off on this photo.  It makes Joy, Josiah and Jana look extremely short compared to the others.  And as I posted elsewhere, somehow they have managed to make slender, petite Jana look stumpy or stocky.  Joe's shirt looks like it could fit two of him and Derick appears to be holding Jill back from something. Ben and Jessa looks very attention-seeking, although I am sure they were just posing as requested, but it gives off a very 'front and center' vibe for them. 

I really think the producers are trying to match the natural camaraderie and spontaneity we see with the Bates.  Yes, they have the same horrible beliefs, but there is no denying that their public 'face' is warmer and more natural than the Duggars. 

Out of 19 kids, 4 inlaws, and several grandchildren, the only one with any spark is Spud.  The rest are all pretty dull.  Jury is out on Jeremy and Jinger, but hopes are not high. 

I think Jana's dress is what is making her look stocky. The hem hits her right at the widest part of her calf, and her boots are super cute but they hit right above her ankle. IMO this makes her legs look shorter and wider. Of course she is not anything even approaching stocky but clothing choices can totally transform the way a person looks. 

5 hours ago, twinmama said:

That was my first thought too. Looks like a real crap Photoshop job to me.

As all over-the-place as it looks, I think for the most part everyone is there for the same shot and not Photoshopped in. Professional strobe lights on a white seamless backdrop can tend to make things look a bit unnatural and surreal. There is undoubtedly Photoshop used to color correct, etc. But that said, if that's the best group shot they could come up with, meh. Everyone would probably look fine on their own and the girls look pretty lovely, but the combo of all the different heights and positions and outfits doesn't provide a cohesive look. 

I just want to take a moment and hope that the rest of the female duggars take note of Jinger's style and copy it. She's growing into her own and it's nice to see.  

Okay I admit to not hating the picture or thinking it was that bad..until you guys started pointing out the differences in spacing and size. I have been cracking up reading through these comments.

One poster mentioned the difference in size between Josiah and Jill - spot on. He likes downright minuscule! :pb_lol:

Well with a more professional and less akward picture they would have got less attention. Or the duggars are the crash test dummies from TLC, everybody who starts there can at first learn how not to do and get real reactions.  Nobody with a right mind would consider that family normal, no matter how normal their promos are.

On January 9, 2017 at 5:24 PM, ljohnson2006 said:

DerJill will never adopt. 

It made me so angry in the episode where they visit Mama Carmen's orphanage and keep trolling the audience in their talking heads saying "Who knows, we could leave Central America as a family of four…or more!" Jessa & Ben also pretended to be interested in adoption, but yet went and got pregnant again KNOWING they can't adopt when they have a newborn. If they never purposely take a break from the pregnancies, they will NEVER be able to adopt and they know it. 

I think these liars have been faking for the cameras that they have a "heart for adoption" simply because of all the flack they get for protesting abortion, yet never adopting any of the babies they want to force other people to birth. Despite having ample resources to do so. 

30 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

It made me so angry in the episode where they visit Mama Carmen's orphanage and keep trolling the audience in their talking heads saying "Who knows, we could leave Central America as a family of four…or more!" Jessa & Ben also pretended to be interested in adoption, but yet went and got pregnant again KNOWING they can't adopt when they have a newborn. If they never purposely take a break from the pregnancies, they will NEVER be able to adopt and they know it. 

I think these liars have been faking for the cameras that they have a "heart for adoption" simply because of all the flack they get for protesting abortion, yet never adopting any of the babies they want to force other people to birth. Despite having ample resources to do so. 

I don't know if I'm right, but IMO this also shows some kind of subtle racism. It seams, adopting for them means either a black child (as shown with Jessa's and Ben's family friends) or a child from Latin America. And of course they know that they can't adopt when constantly pregnant. Such liars! I bet you they pray that they are not infertile because then they would have to stick to their word and adopt.

If Erin Bates doesn't want to sit next to a person with green hair, how can you expect a Duggar actually wanting to adopt a child of another race or from another country?

IMO, I'm glad they're just saying they'd adopt and then going "nah" and just spawning more of their own, since from what I can tell among fundamentalist families, the best fate an adoptee (especially one of a different race/nationality from their adoptive parents) can dare hope for is to be a trophy who gets trotted out when Mom and Dad need to prove they're not racist or how pro-life they are.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived