IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

17 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Seriously Jill did you have to make an announcement the same week your sister is due? Trying to grab some last minute attention for yourself? 

Jill hhas done something to nab attention for herself at nearly every turn when a sibling is getting more attention than her. Remember "the grab and kiss" at Jinger's wedding? That's the most recent, besides this.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I am so dumb. I didn't realise that outfit they were holding was the 'reveal' bit. I thought the photo was taken just before the scavanger hunt took place and they were about to change Izzy into that outfit for the hunt as a costume. I was wondering what the costume was suppose to be dressing him up as? I didn't get it at all.  

People is really dropping the ball if they're trying to make them come off as less weird and awkward right now.... 

1 hour ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Glad to hear it is another boy. I always hope for a long line of boys for these Duggar girls, in order to avoid the sister moms crap continuing the next generation for as long as possible.

Exactly. Hopefully she will be too exhausted to have too many since she can't sump all the womanly work on her daughters.

31 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Seriously Jill did you have to make an announcement the same week your sister is due? Trying to grab some last minute attention for yourself? 

If she had been her usual attention whore she normally is, she would have annouced it right after Jessa's baby was born, to shift the attention back to her

I just don't understand. If they were going to reveal the sex with some sort of outfit, why didn't they make it cute infant clothes like a onesie or something? I second all the posters who said the outfit looks too big even for Izzy. 

I don't get it.

Just now, emscm said:

I just don't understand. If they were going to reveal the sex with some sort of outfit, why didn't they make it cute infant clothes like a onesie or something? I second all the posters who said the outfit looks too big even for Izzy. 

I don't get it.

Did someone find out who was going to spill the beans so they had to scramble? 

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

If she had been her usual attention whore she normally is, she would have annouced it right after Jessa's baby was born, to shift the attention back to her

Yeah it's strange. I really wonder if Jill did it cause People came calling and since her baby's not due for a while she played her cards now to get a mag spread.

1 minute ago, emscm said:

I don't get it.

Laziness.  Total laziness. I guess we all shouldn't have expected anything better from the Duggars! I agree though, a onesie would have been better. But these are also the people who sleep in their clothes, stay up most of the night and sleep late into the day.  Getting a cuter outfit just would have been too much effort!

Ooh, I just thought of something. 

Jill finds out Jessa is having a boy and realizes that if she annouces after Jessa gives birth that she's having a boy too she won't get as much attention. So maybe she's announcing now so when Jessa's baby is born her baby won't get as much attention. I know it's stretching it but maybe.

5 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Did they just take one of Izzy's sets of clothes instead of finding a baby blue onesie? 

Why buy something new when you can reuse and save the difference? 

18 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Ooh, I just thought of something. 

Jill finds out Jessa is having a boy and realizes that if she annouces after Jessa gives birth that she's having a boy too she won't get as much attention. So maybe she's announcing now so when Jessa's baby is born her baby won't get as much attention. I know it's stretching it but maybe.

I don't know why, but I just don't get that competitive vibe from either of the sisters. I think they're more likely to bounce off each other so that something's always going on (pregnancy, marriage, etc.). If I think anything's attention-grabby, I do think they coordinate their announcements in the best interest of keeping things interesting on Counting On.

What they don't realize is that no one cares if they are having a boy or a girl. The courtships, weddings and babies are getting old. It's the law of diminishing returns. It's why each  wedding gets lower and lower ratings. These people have no new stories to tell. Nothing interesting ever happens to them. Who cares if it is Jill, Jessa, Jinger or Joy. It's all exactly the same, because they are interchangeable. No one have yet to step outside the Duggar box and likely won't for years to come, if ever. I wonder if they are thinking to bad it wasn't a girl because maybe TLC pay a little more for the birth episode. 

1 minute ago, freedom_for_all said:

I bet they announced this week because Joy is getting engaged on Valentines day

Jill's gender announcement >> Jessa's delivery (and weeklong saga leading up to Seebaby #2's gender and name) >> Joy's engagement >> Jinger's first pregnancy announcement. Keepin' the ball rolling.

18 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I don't know why, but I just don't get that competitive vibe from either of the sisters. I think they're more likely to bounce off each other so that something's always going on (pregnancy, marriage, etc.). If I think anything's attention-grabby, I do think they coordinate their announcements in the best interest of keeping things interesting on Counting On.

To me it is a decidedly Jill centric thing that the other girls sort of endure. Ben once made that comment "they beat us again," when Jill announced their first pregnancy.

The comment, "So when is Palestine due?" on the article made me smirk. 

Of all the things going on in the world right now, People still thinks this drivel counts as "news."

Aw, how nice! I'm sure Israel will adore his new baby brother, Ne-Paul.

I was inspired to honor the occasion of Jill adding another 'male member' to the family:

There once was a fundie named Jill
whose husband made her a "Dill"
She birthed twenty boys
Dear God--the noise!!
Too bad she could not take the pill.

As long as Jill and Jessa are close to the TTH, there will be no laundry room melt down. The auntie moms will come to the rescue.  Josie is probably old enough to do laundry, and we know she can help with pizza. Shouldn't snark on Josie. It's not her fault.

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Seriously - what does she have against shoes??? If you are going to be photographed announcing your next baby's sex, then please do NOT show up barefooted :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

No shoes in the house is far better than no shoes at your church wedding, IMO.

And no, we do not need to rehash the shoes

V Barefooted @ a church wedding issue.

2 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Ah, I am so dumb. I didn't realise that outfit they were holding was the 'reveal' bit. I thought the photo was taken just before the scavanger hunt took place and they were about to change Izzy into that outfit for the hunt as a costume. I was wondering what the costume was suppose to be dressing him up as? I didn't get it at all.  

It's not you. I didn't get it at first either. The whole thing was confusing and haphazard. If you are going to announce the gender to people at least get actual infant clothing and this would be an appropriate time for some insanely blue over the top clear as day "boy" outfit. Because that's the point of this right? 

Seeing what looks like a toddlers outfit makes me think Jill is expecting a 15 lb baby. 

2 hours ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

remember the picture of Derick and Izzy and Izzy was wearing a grocho glasses - that was part of I bet 

that is what Izzy found 

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Did someone find out who was going to spill the beans so they had to scramble? 

Yeah it's strange. I really wonder if Jill did it cause People came calling and since her baby's not due for a while she played her cards now to get a mag spread.

I again assume it was filmed 4 days ago or something or perhaps longer 

with them you never know 

I agree with everyone else....so weird that they used such a large outfit. They didn't have an old baby outfit of Izzy's to use?

And what the hell is that hat? I seriously want to know if it's a costume/joke or if he is serious.

I was just thinking about her dates. She announced her big announcement 5 weeks ago around dec 20th, she's due in July so even if she's due July 1st she would only be 18 weeks and 2 days now. Guess she had an early anatomy scan? July 1st would made her 12w3d at her pregnancy announcement. She came back from Sintral America in August I believe and so she was pregnant within 1,5-2 months. Is July 'off'? She seems further along than she says she is but why in the world would you lie about that? Way to go to avoid Zika btw :my_rolleyes:...

and I'm so glad they're having a boy. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived