IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

Looks like Jinger snd Jeremy were photoshopped in. Jessa's shoes are actually in style right now but it doesn't go with her outfit IMO (or maybe its the angle)

And yuck at Derick puking in the promo. I have almost a phobia of vomit and had to take a few deep breaths afterwards.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nst said:

allgoodnamesaregone - I remember a baby story - one episode featured the woman giving birth at home naked on her bed while her father watched her giving birth - yes she had  a robe on but it opened all the way - way to graphic for a father to see imo. :D

My dad was in the room when I was having #1 every time I was checked you'd hear the news paper open up. he didn't want see that.  My dad was waiting for his 1st grand child and grandson. My dad is lovely sexist who thinks men are worth much more than women.  Grandpa's get as excited as grandmas when a baby is coming. 

Hey Jana's shoes are sexy. Glad she polished her toes. Love Joy's boots. Still not happy she's courting. Can't really see the style of Jinger's shoes. The whole picture is just awkward. Who are they trying to fool??

Joy is so incredibly covered up. Was this photo taken outside in 20 degree weather? I mean, I'm not one to show much skin either but it just looks weird. 

5 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

I didn't recognise Jana in this picture, so for a second I thought JD or Josiah was in a new courtship... Glad I was wrong! 

duggars.thumb.jpg.9bb6a4db0f2a97830a8f3ba679a3c547.jpg

This picture also looks really weird. Did they just land after a jump? 

Jessa and Ben with the open arms and fake smiles, what is this, a cabaret? Bring out Erika Shupe and the *jazz hands*

THe whole scale is off on this photo.  It makes Joy, Josiah and Jana look extremely short compared to the others.  And as I posted elsewhere, somehow they have managed to make slender, petite Jana look stumpy or stocky.  Joe's shirt looks like it could fit two of him and Derick appears to be holding Jill back from something. Ben and Jessa looks very attention-seeking, although I am sure they were just posing as requested, but it gives off a very 'front and center' vibe for them. 

I really think the producers are trying to match the natural camaraderie and spontaneity we see with the Bates.  Yes, they have the same horrible beliefs, but there is no denying that their public 'face' is warmer and more natural than the Duggars. 

Out of 19 kids, 4 inlaws, and several grandchildren, the only one with any spark is Spud.  The rest are all pretty dull.  Jury is out on Jeremy and Jinger, but hopes are not high. 

Good God that is an awful picture. Considering none of the girls are bad looking, it's pretty spectacular that of the Duggars only Jinger and Joy look OK. If that's the photo they went with, the others must be dire.

Austin looks like the child catcher from Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang "come and get your lollipops!"

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Where has Jessa's left leg gone?! 

I suppose up in the air. Although it just looks like Austin through JD are photoshopped in. They do seem a lot smaller than the rest. 

Edited to add that I do think the whole Derick is sick thing is a big nothing. They only added in that storyline because it is all over the web. "Turns out it is nothing serious and it was just a cold. Thank you oh merciful God!" 

Although I haven't seen de video (and I'm not keen to either), I'm convinced that the only reason Derick starts vomiting whilst running is because he's overdoing it. If you haven't excercised for some time and aren't in a terribly good phisical condition and then suddenly start running/jogging, your body will start protesting, often by vomiting. No more drama than that.
So I'm betting there's not a virus/bacteria/illness involved at all. We're talking about the Duggars, after all. 

I just can't believe they've gotten so desperate for ratings they are showing someone vomiting in the promo. What's next? Spurgeon gets a blowout?

8 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I just can't believe they've gotten so desperate for ratings they are showing someone vomiting in the promo. What's next? Spurgeon gets a blowout?

They already did it

That pic. Omg. Maybe Josie is getting into photography and took it? It looks like the photographer said "Ok everyone! pretend that you are laughing and having fun!" You two there, in the middle! Break out in song and -not-quite-dance!"

Of all of them I think Jill and Derick look the most photoshopped in. Jill doesn't look like she has any actual spatial relation to Jessa beside her there. 
Did they just take pictures of Joe + two of the couples and then photograph the others together at a later date? 

4 minutes ago, weirdemmaline said:

Did they just take pictures of Joe + two of the couples and then photograph the others together at a later date? 

As I've said earlier there is a video from the same session and they are all there. Not photoshopped, just awkward as hell.

I wonder if they took multiple pictures and then took some people from 1 and some from another and whatnot and that's why it looks so odd.

32 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I wonder if they took multiple pictures and then took some people from 1 and some from another and whatnot and that's why it looks so odd.

It isn't photo shopped it is just a bad picture. TLC spends literally NO MONEY on this family, they get no advert revenue from them so their budget is bare bones and they don't care if the pics are stupid looking. As with the election of Mango Mussolini, America is full of idiots who don't care how horrible people are, as long as they are the "right" kind of horrible people i.e. White, Christian assholes.  So any raitings they get for their others shows out of these nit wits must be worth the very minimal effort they obviously put into filming & promoting this show.

Do I need to mention that once again Jill is c;linging onto Derek as if he's a life raft?

1 minute ago, Four is Enough said:

Do I need to mention that once again Jill is c;linging onto Derek as if he's a life raft?

No you really don't need to mention it again.  If you do want to mention it then maybe you also want to mention that Derick has his arm protectively around Jill again too.

11 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Joy is so incredibly covered up. Was this photo taken outside in 20 degree weather? I mean, I'm not one to show much skin either but it just looks weird. 

I've mentioned this before, but the Duggars just have no idea how to dress for an occasion, or even for a season. Jeremy and Joy are dressed for winter, while Jana, Jill and Jessa look like it's a summer night or something. It's super weird. But what's even weirder is that no one from TLC seems to notice or care. Why don't they manage to dress the Duggars appropriately and take a nice promo picture? Since these are professionals, shouldn't they do a better job?!

I also totally agree that TLC is going for a "we are such a fun, loving family" Bates vibe. Except it's not working AT ALL. They just all look weird and unnatural.

6 minutes ago, JillyO said:

<snip>

I also totally agree that TLC is going for a "we are such a fun, loving family" Bates vibe. Except it's not working AT ALL. They just all look weird and unnatural.

I don't think they like each other much, some of them anyway, that's why it looks so forced...

1 minute ago, goldengrove said:

I don't think they like each other much, some of them anyway, that's why it looks so forced...

and that is the truth 

Jana and Jessa at least can't stand each other 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived