IGNORED

Dillards 24 - Smug Bible Tweets and Maneaters (Jill/Derick/Israel/Baby Dillard)

choralcrusader8613

9 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I really wish they knew that birth control did so much more than just control birth. I (a virgin!) am on it because my cramps are so intense I would do nothing but lie in bed while in my period. Not to mention, my doctor thinks I might have endometriosis, and if I do, she says the first step to control it would be continuing with birth control. 

These people need to think about those whose lives' their "saving"!! It's not all about babies!!

Well with all those girls, there's probably a chance of one of them having endometriosis or PCOS or something.  I wonder what they would do because they seem so adverse to getting medical checkups.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2017 at 2:32 PM, Londish said:

I agree, this is ridiculous. Not that she is posting it - we know their beliefs - and not even that the March is happening- everyone has a right to gather peacefully, even if we may not agree with their message.

What I find bothersome is that they are actually meeting at a Planned Parenthood. They can have their March without actually having to go to a PP location.

Is it bad that I want to make a donation to Planned Parenthood in the name of Cross Church? :my_angel:

Make the donation to PP in the name of Jill Duggar or Michelle or Jessa or better yet James Robert Duggar.  PP will send out (probably) a Thank You for the donation.

13 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Pro-life my ass. Pro-women my ass. 68,000 women die annually in the world because they don't have access to the services they need to end their pregnancy in a safe way. 

Jill Dillard (and Guinn, from the other thread): Suck my nonexistent dick. You don't give a damn about anything or anyone but fetuses. 

And not to mention the many more who die or live their lives in pain because they don't have access to affordable, accurate prenatal care or STD treatments. But I guess the millions of women who die from conditions that could have been spotted long before labor started, lose their babies because they couldn't detect a problem that perhaps could have been solved or mitigated earlier on, or suffer permanent problems due to STDs are all just worthless harlots because they don't live exactly like Jill does.

These people annoy me. 

They don't seem to take into consideration that some women need abortions because if they didn't have it both baby and mother would die. 

There was a case in the Republic of Ireland a few years back where an Indian woman needed an abortion but the hospital wouldn't give it to her and both her and the baby died 

Article about it: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/nov/14/ireland-woman-dies-after-abortion-refusal 

i live in Northern Ireland where abortion is only legal under certain circumstances.  The laws are extremely strict; it's crazy. A private abortion clinic was opening in Belfast a few years back and the funnies came out in force (usually Free Presbyterians of Ulster here).   

Some articles about it : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-health/11929927/American-anti-abortion-clinic-by-Marie-Stopes-in-Belfast.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19902778

Also a university student in belfast was given a suspended sentence for having an abortion: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/northern-irish-21-year-old-woman-given-prison-sentence-over-abor/

So many people want to treat HC as a commodity...the best {or only} for the those with the most money.

Every other industrialized nation has figured it out and we need to figure it out too. Take the for profit insurance companies out of the equation and watch the prices fall. Why do we need business people to take our health care dollars and then tell us if we can have some back to pay for our treatments when we get sick? It is ludicrous. 

In terms of the medical procedure, abortion, women should not be forced to be incubators. One woman, one choice, period. We do not need the government telling us what HC procedures we can and cannot have- unless the government is going to implement a plan where everyone has health care, period.

The government can not have it both ways.

Derick is a dick. A massive dick! No uterus, no opinion! You don't have the right to make choices for women, no matter what bullshit you spout. If that's the case then we would have the choice to sterilize you or your wife. It goes both ways dickhead. 

So Anna made the "formal" announcement that the Dullards are returning to Scary Cougar Country. I guess that is what that was. Surely not until Baby#2 is born because of Zika. Hopefully. Although, think of all of the unsaved persons who will suffer because of that. (I am kidding of course)

Anna looked good. What a horrible life for her. What does she say to Josh. What does he say at all? The kids are adorable. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So Anna made the "formal" announcement that the Dullards are returning to Scary Cougar Country. I guess that is what that was. Surely not until Baby#2 is born because of Zika. Hopefully. Although, think of all of the unsaved persons who will suffer because of that. (I am kidding of course)

Anna looked good. What a horrible life for her. What does she say to Josh. What does he say at all? The kids are adorable. 

That was filled when the Dullards were still pretending they were going to be missioncationing again, it was filmed this summer/fall before or around the time got pregnant again. They aren't going back anytime soon.  And all of Central America sing praises to God. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So Anna made the "formal" announcement that the Dullards are returning to Scary Cougar Country. I guess that is what that was. Surely not until Baby#2 is born because of Zika.

I don't consider that to be a formal announcement.  This was filmed before Jill got pregnant.  Their intentions (at least according to them) were to go back unless Jill became pregnant.  They haven't disclosed plans post 2nd baby. 

Their time lines drive me crazy. The confusion of announcements by People and TLC filming stuff we already know, is insane. Why are they still on the air?

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

"According to man's law". I know he means people and not the male gender but it's 'man's law' -as in men - who are chipping away at Roe vs. Wade. Trump signing that executive order surrounded by men and not one woman. It's infuriating.

Seriously, i don't get what's wrong with theese people. If I went todo a march to fight what if was sure it'si a mass killing, I would not be taking happy selfies. They do not give a fuck about it

28 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Seriously, i don't get what's wrong with theese people. If I went todo a march to fight what if was sure it'si a mass killing, I would not be taking happy selfies. They do not give a fuck about it

I never thought about it that way @Fundie Bunny but you are totally right. Jill of all people should be sobbing and Derick all stoic and pissed.

10 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

a university student in belfast was given a suspended sentence for having an abortion: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/northern-irish-21-year-old-woman-given-prison-sentence-over-abor/

Edited 10 hours ago by BlessaYourHeart

How did I miss this?  Was it a secret? I swear I'm a news person, but I totally missed this story. What an indictment of NI. I'm horrified and ashamed. We do have government by fundies. 

48 minutes ago, Kak said:

How did I miss this?  Was it a secret? I swear I'm a news person, but I totally missed this story. What an indictment of NI. I'm horrified and ashamed. We do have government by fundies. 

It was all over the news at the time along with loads of debates surrounding our abortion laws here and outrage that she was arrested/charged over it. 

I think it's awful that the house mate went to the police about it with no regard for the welfare of the woman who obviously bought the pills on the internet because she felt trapped and scared with no other options. 

I'm Christian and very openly against abortion if it's being used as a form of contraception/the woman just can't be bothered with it because it that case it's preventable before conception takes place with birth control which in NI and the rest of the UK is completely free on the NHS. I'm all for birth then adoption if it's a viable alternative to abortion. 

But in cases where the woman's physical, and/or mental health is in trouble, the mother has a serious addiction, the child will be born with no life (e.g. With a vegetative disease), conception by rape, the baby won't survive outside the womb and loads of other cases, I'm pro-abortion as the most loving thing to do. 

I try to apply Christian situation ethics to situations (always do the most loving thing). I'm in no way perfect or better than anyone; I just try to be the best me I can be :) 

15 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Christian and very openly against abortion if it's being used as a form of contraception/the woman just can't be bothered with it because it that case it's preventable before conception takes place with birth control which in NI and the rest of the UK is completely free on the NHS. I'm all for birth then adoption if it's a viable alternative to abortion. 

That comes across as very judgemental. I'm pro choice, meaning I want women to have the right to choose for themselves. 

15 minutes ago, Kak said:

That comes across as very judgemental. I'm pro choice, meaning I want women to have the right to choose for themselves. 

It is judgemental and I'll own the fact that it is. Everyone is judgemental about something. 

I just don't see why abortion should be used as a contraception. Especially since in England both abortions and contraception are free on the NHS. But abortions cost more to carry out. Meaning tax payers are paying for someone to abuse the free system as a form of contraception when they could just go to their GP or GUM clinic and get a form of contraception (for free) before it ever gets to the point of pregnancy. 

I also once knew a teacher who had an abortion because she didn't want to get rid of her 2 seat sports car. To me that's just ridiculous. 

I know others think differently and have every right to do so. But that's my outlook on it

I guess my only counter to the above about contraception, is that women do get pregnant on contraception (even when using multiple contraceptives).  Even the morning after pill, tubal ligation, and vasectomies aren't fool proof.

And though I can admit I'm more pro life, than choice, I also believe that a woman choosing to see abortion as a form of contraceptive is the rarity.  From what I've read, it's a heart wrenching decision, and only done with considerable thought, and often times against the (unwarranted) advice of those around them.  In those cases, I think any woman getting an abortion probably has a very valid reason to, and deserves compassion.

Though I will agree with @BlessaYourHeart that we are all judgemental about something.  It's human nature, designed to allow us to decide what we do, or don't want, for our own lives - based on observations about what we see around us.  But it's what we do, or say, based on those judgements that make us who are.

Personally I'm pro-choice, but if pro-life people like Jill really wanted to stop abortion, they should promote affordable and accessible birth control, comprehensive sex education, and ending sexual violence against women. Oh, you know, LIKE PLANNED PARENTHOOD DOES. :bangheaddesk:

I mean I think everyone can agree that if abortion ended because all pregnancies were intentional, safe, and wanted, that would be fantastic. But if it ended because asshats made it illegal and don't care about women's health, then that sucks.

I dont understand the idea of using abortion as a contraception. It's hard for me to imagine many people are doing this. Abortions are expensive, And they are not free, not even at Planned Parenthood. (Well in The u.s. at least)Who is out there saying "yeah I'll have unprotected sex tonight and takes the fifty percent chance that I get pregnant. Lol $350-800 is nothing to me!" (Number from quick google search) that's a lot of money for birth control even if you are well off.

I've never really understood the Christianity/anti-choice connection, other than as a way to control female sexuality. God kills (or orders his followers to kill) a massive amount of babies in the Bible, so even if a fetus is an actual baby, it seems like the deity in charge doesn't have a problem with it. *shrug*

I'd be interested in any academic study that found women really did deliberately decide that they were going to be sexually active, and their "contraception" choice was abortion, because I've never seen that - the idea of "abortion as contraception" sounds very much like a scare story to me.

Contraception is free on the NHS, but there are still tons of reasons women get pregnant - everything from contraception failing (whether by total random luck, or missing a pill because of being sick, or just not knowing how to use it properly, because let's face it, a lot of sex education is really patchy) to people who don't think they need it (my sister's friend, eg, who thought she couldn't conceive) to people who didn't have choices because of abuse etc. 

There are really, really sad scenarios - I used to know people who worked at a project doing outreach to street sex workers, who talked about how, eg,  there would be women who were coming off heroin, and hadn't realised that moving to methadone meant they were suddenly fertile.  And there are so many everyday reasons a woman might fall pregnant - I absolutely wouldn't want to set myself up as a judge of which abortions are acceptable or unacceptable, and that's why I'm pro-choice.

ETA:  Given that Derick is talking about abortion as execution, does that also mean he's anti-death penalty?  Would he march against the death penalty, or protest outside a prison?  I'm always interested in this, and the reasons why Fundies see some life-ending as worse than others.  Why they don't march against Police killing Black children, or protest at dangerous junctions, campaign against drink driving/for needle exchanges etc etc

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I would not be taking happy selfies. They do not give a fuck about it

Judging from comments about previous pro-life events, these people like to insist that their protests are peaceful and happy, unlike mean angry black people who get in fights with the police and even break things!!! So they smile joyously while screaming "murder" at passing women and chuckle warmly while holding gory miscarriage posters.

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I've never really understood the Christianity/anti-choice connection, other than as a way to control female sexuality. God kills (or orders his followers to kill) a massive amount of babies in the Bible, so even if a fetus is an actual baby, it seems like the deity in charge doesn't have a problem with it. *shrug*

As a Christian, that is a flipping fantastic point, that I will happily pass along to my fire and brimstone brothers and sisters.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Judging from comments about previous pro-life events, these people like to insist that their protests are peaceful and happy, unlike mean angry black people who get in fights with the police and even break things!!! So they smile joyously while screaming "murder" at passing women and chuckle warmly while holding gory miscarriage posters.

For the life of me, I have never understood how a Christian can knowingly hold a a picture of a miscarried/aborted baby (it would bring tears to my eyes just thinking about it!), much less shame another woman by calling her a murderer - and then have the audacity within the same sentence to declare that "Jesus loves you" - and then be *shocked* that the attacked women didn't immediately "repent" and become saved. 

That's not showing God's love, that's showing human hate/anger.

Fundie logic drives me insane.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived