IGNORED

YAnother pointless young death that could have been avoided

moodygirl86

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sick-seven-year-old-boy-9573280

In case the link doesn't work, this little lad was seriously ill with what turned out to be pancreatitis and sepsis and didn't get him any medical treatment for religious reasons. He must have been in agony when he died. There's no excuse for doing that to a kid. Ever.

And I was unsurprised to read he was adopted.
BBL, I have to go hug my child.

At least they won't be able to adopt any more kids where they're going. I hope they get put away for a very long time.

I read this earlier and I was so angry, herbal medicine is fine for colds but not for serious conditions. If you want to pray for a persons health do it at the hospital. Too many children are dying due to parents negligence.

I will say, after reading the longer article in the link, I feel incredibly bad for the teenager who was left in charge while the parents were OOT for a week.
Because what else could a teenage fundie son do?  he called his folks, who declined to come back early after the kid ate.  And then the parents came home.
The guilt that kid would feel is amazing and awful.

And thats all I think I can say on that.

14 minutes ago, dawbs said:

I will say, after reading the longer article in the link, I feel incredibly bad for the teenager who was left in charge while the parents were OOT for a week.
Because what else could a teenage fundie son do?  he called his folks, who declined to come back early after the kid ate.  And then the parents came home.
The guilt that kid would feel is amazing and awful.

And thats all I think I can say on that.

I feel so sorry for him. He probably blames himself. Most parents would drop everything to come to their sick child's Aid.I'm nearly 30 and when I was ill a few months back my mum brought me breakfast in bed. She wanted to make me feel better. The pain that poor child must have been in. 

The criminal complaint also alleges the parents never sought medical attention for other ailments including cuts and bruises and that the boy was severely physically underdeveloped

Parents told authorities that the boy had behavioural issues and would throw himself down the stairs.

I don't believe a word these parents are saying. I am quite convinced that their trust in prayer had nothing to do with their refusal to seek medical attention for the child and instead it was their fear that mandated reporters would discover their abuse. 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel for the kid left in charge, my mom passed from multiple organ failure as a result of pancreatitis and it was horrifying to watch. I still have nightmares.

On another note, this is exactly why I don't want conservatives who want to ban abortion to be forced to adopt/care for the children that they want forced to be born. I've heard this before on many different discussions outside FJ and just no.

Archived