IGNORED

Tickling the Ivories - Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

choralcrusader8613

On 1/31/2017 at 6:53 AM, bashfulpixie said:

They have so many options, which Organix do you use?  I have straight fine hair that gets greasy if I go more than 24 hours without showering, so I have to shampoo every day as well.

Fellow straight, thin haired person here. I used to have to wash it every day because of oil. After a week of using these Organix products, I can go several days with no noticeable build up. And, Lord, do they smell lovely! 

20170202_111947.jpg

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I looove washing my hair. It feels so good and I feel so clean. I just hate the aftermath--having to comb and dry and straighten it. 

I'm white and my mom told us to wash our hair every day, same as you'd shower or brush your teeth. If I skipped even one day my hair would feel disgusting (to me at least, I was also a teenager and had crazy hormones affecting my oil production). It wasn't until I turned 25 and dyed my hair red that I had to start spacing out hair washings so that the dye didn't fade too fast. My scalp adjusted quickly. I'm a brunette again now but still try to spread out hair washings every three days or so because as I've gotten older my hair has gotten a bit drier, and I'm sure the straightening wand isn't good for it all the time.

My biggest issue now is my scalp gets gross if I don't wash it enough, but the hair itself is generally okay.

This sounds weird but there are days when I just wash my scalp, yes all of my hair is wet, but it use a very small amount of shampoo, I use professional grade stuff so we're talking like 1 or 2 drops of it, i work it around my scalp and rinse i out use a detangling spray comb more product and go. So the shampoo runs through the length of my hair but I don't actually wash it. That helps my hair a lot, because my scalp is so greasy/oily that it feels like my whole face is an oil slick if I don't do that. 

14 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Can I ask a question and hope to not sound stupid? I wash my hair every other day, but I also only shower every other day. Those of you extending your hair washes beyond that I imagine are showering in between that time- so do you wear a shower cap and keep your hair dry or do you rinse it with water? 

I use something like this (I don't know how would you call it in english), no need for shower cap or anything. Only a bun to keep my hair out of my neck

00107835203642____1__225x225.jpg 

33 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Can I ask a question and hope to not sound stupid? I wash my hair every other day, but I also only shower every other day. Those of you extending your hair washes beyond that I imagine are showering in between that time- so do you wear a shower cap and keep your hair dry or do you rinse it with water? 

Not stupid at all to me, I only just learned the ways of the shower cap a couple years ago! That's what I do now, yes. If I'm going to take a shower and my hair can go another day, I twist it up in a big clip and put it under a shower cap. I used to just do the clip, but every so often it would get wet anyway and I was in for an unexpected hair washing. 

I got my shower cap at Winners (same company as TJ Maxx/Marshalls) at least a year ago for like $5, it's held up quite well and never lets water through. 

10 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I've also heard people who used to wash their hair everyday tell me they trained their hair to need washing less frequently (apparently hair washing everyday is a cultural thing and not necessary in some cases) To each their own, I guess. There's more than one way to have healthy hair.

THIS IS TOTALLY TRUE THOUGH. I used to wash my hair every day, but as I've mentioned before on this thread, washing your hair every day wasn't a thing until the 60s/70s. World War II women's hygiene videos (thanks youtube) recommend "wash your hair frequently, about once a week." Of course, women style their hair very differently in the modern day, we don't commit to brushing with a boar-bristle brush as a way of cleaning our hair, and of course, hair adjusts to being washed more frequently. Hair care is totally a cultural thing.

That being said, I can definitely see why someone would want to wash their hair more frequently nowadays than back then. Modern styles aren't as flattering on day-4 hair, we don't wear as many hats, and the adjusting period between washing daily and washing weekly is... um... difficult :pb_confused: (trust me). Times change, style changes, do what makes you feel gorgeous, whatever it may be.

ETA: Oh and I forgot to mention, I shower every day/every other day (depending on the weather) and just put my hair in a bun in the shower. Lost my shower cap. Whoops.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived