IGNORED

Tickling the Ivories - Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

choralcrusader8613

25 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I doubt Jeremy has a bunch of Baptist commentary books since neither he or his church is of the baptist variety. 

Have we determined their denomination, or are they non-denominational? I can't make heads or tails of their Beliefs section, other than they are literalists. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Even if they are all religious books, those are still more books in one place than I've ever seen at the Duggar's house. The Duggars do not have a culture of reading.

Which made the "vintage books" decor at the JinJer wedding super goofy. Like, does Jinger even know how to read?

On 1/9/2017 at 6:59 PM, Shadoewolf said:

First if you don't have it already, 3rd edition of the book Stop The Thyroid Madness. NDT (naturally dessicated thyroid ie Naturethroid, WP, or last resort Armour) if you can get a doc to prescribe it. Thyrovanz if you can't get a doc to write the script. Once you do that for a few weeks Holy Basil to help heal the adrenals. I've been hypo more than half my life and since I started this regimen I have energy again and my hair isn't falling out all the time. Night and day!!

Thank you! I've only been on the NatureThroid but my body quickly stopped responding (according to the blood tests) even though we were upping the dose. I am one of those for whom the ACA raised my rates if I kept the same level of care, so I chose to stop treatment rather than continuing to pay out of pocket for treatment that was not effective. But I am going to look into the Thyrovanz and Holy Basil. 

If I ever get a promotion or a good raise, I tell myself that I will get the good insurance again and go to see an endocrinologist and try again.

On 1/11/2017 at 3:04 PM, goldengrove said:

bless your heart, thanks SO much for the validation, they don't listen to a damn thing I say...it's going to be complicated for me to switch (medicare and the assorted BS that goes along with that mess :S), but I have been thinking it is definitely time.

a question: I really began to notice the low thyroid stuff after my pharmacy switched me from one generic levothyroxine to another...do you think this could have had anything to do with it?

One of the ladies at work said that the brand made all the difference for her. She had to take the brand name chemical thyroid treatment. The generics barely helped her. Another wants to try the NatureThoid or Armour and her doctor refuses to prescribe it. Different things work for different people. I'd love to find something that really worked for me.

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

I doubt Jeremy has a bunch of Baptist commentary books since neither he or his church is of the baptist variety. 

Oh I thought they were IFB 

7 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I'm very happy and surprise that there isn't any pregnancy announcement so far. The also send to enjoy theire life in private and far from the compound 

No surprise visits from the decorating sisters who might 'accidentally' open a nightstand drawer and find (gasp!) condoms?    Maybe?   :evil-laugh:

16 hours ago, justodd said:

That's the Target I shop at! I always tell people I live "by the Trader Joe's that sells booze." :pb_lol:

(If any other Denver-based FJ people would be down for a meetup, let me know!)

OMG, we could meet in the wine section of Target (although that's different now that stupid CVS took over the pharmacy).  Then we could shop for all the ingredients for tater-tot casserole at the same time!  :pb_lol: 

Should we fill the rest of FJ in on the weird trivia that this same boozy-Target is located next to a strip club called Shotgun Willie's. (I wish I were joking...)

5 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

They called him John instead of John David. Every time he's on TV it's John david. Or JD.

Interesting. I wonder if he prefers John. 

I watched some early stuff on youtube yesterday (yes, I was bored to sobs, both to do it, and afterwards as well :P), they called him just plain John most of the time back then...

On 1/11/2017 at 7:01 PM, BadMurphy said:

I live in CT and was in Ohio visiting family when I went to try to find some vodka um it was tough! And then I finally found some and thought it said "distilled" when it really said "diluted" and my sister made fun of me for like a week after that . (We were mid 20's in age at the time)

is there anywhere (besides predominantly religious areas) where there isn't a ton of drinking? CT sure likes to get its drink on too. 

Posting three days into the future on this topic. I live in Cincinnati. There are several excellent state liquor agencies here, actually, you just need to know where to go and where to avoid. The two Jungle Jim's locations, and the Hyde Park wine shop are a few very good choices. But best of all, just across the river is Kentucky, where it is virtually no holds barred. They do make the bourbon there, after all. :-) Right on the river by all the bridges is a store called The Party Source, the largest liquor store in the country. It's serving Cincinnati, basically. You can get anything there which can be had here. Cincinnati itself is know for many, many beer breweries, and every grocery store has a large wine section. You can take fun tours to follow the bootlegging trail during Prohibition; big here because of the Ohio River. But you would not wish to buy vodka in a grocery store here, that is true.

I know nothing of the rest of Ohio, except there are a couple ginormous bars in Columbus where the selection is very broad, as well.

20 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I've been really reluctant to dry NDT because I'm a vegetarian, I can never figure out if it's legitimate, and I heard it smells really bad. Plus my doctors never offered it. But now, hearing about Thyrovanz, I think maybe I need to just break down and try it. Did you order it from their website or is it also sold elsewhere? Does it smell bad?

I tried ThyroGold first. It didn't work as well and smelled funny. But the Thyrovanz worked well and little to no odor. I ordered it off their website.  Mind you I'm not a degreed medical professional (just a medical assistant so some anatomy and physiology classes) so just passing along what I've found.

7 hours ago, DugFan said:

OMG, we could meet in the wine section of Target (although that's different now that stupid CVS took over the pharmacy).  Then we could shop for all the ingredients for tater-tot casserole at the same time!  :pb_lol: 

Should we fill the rest of FJ in on the weird trivia that this same boozy-Target is located next to a strip club called Shotgun Willie's. (I wish I were joking...)

AND the Smoking Gun weed store! Right next to Chick Fil-A and Fascinations adult boutique! Definitely the most interesting parking lot in the city - and that's no small feat! :pb_lol: 

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:

No surprise visits from the decorating sisters who might 'accidentally' open a nightstand drawer and find (gasp!) condoms?    Maybe?   :evil-laugh:

Snooping sisters reminds me of the time on Sex and the City that Miranda's Polish nanny found her vibrator in the nightstand drawer. She gave Miranda a statue of the Virgin Mary in its place.

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Have we determined their denomination, or are they non-denominational? I can't make heads or tails of their Beliefs section, other than they are literalists. 

His church is nondenominational. 

8 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

Oh I thought they were IFB 

The Duggars are but Jeremy is nondenominational. He is definitely evangelical but he's not IBLP he's spoke out against their legalistic views. 

Hi everyone!  This is one of my first posts, sorry it's a little off-topic.

I had a really specific dream about Jinger last night.  She was still at home for some reason and I walked into her room (doesn't make sense given the dorm set-up at the TTH).  I'm not sure why I was there, or how I knew her.

I saw her on an iTunes library secretly listening to Drake and Billy Joel.  She seemed concerned at the discovery and I told her I wouldn't tell Jim Bob.  When I told her I liked the Billy song she was listening to ("A Matter of Trust"), she told me she heard it in Trainwreck, the Amy Schumer movie about a woman who proudly owns her sexuality.  She also had several Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books on a shelf, which Jeremy gave her.  He put a sticky-note on the book that said "God doesn't judge."  She also was watching Titanic, which conveniently features a female protagonist (Rose) who isn't afraid to stand up to powerful/abusive men and fights to determine the course of her own life.

Of course even if Jinger did all these things it wouldn't necessarily mean she changed her beliefs.  But it would be cool if the dream came true :) 

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Which made the "vintage books" decor at the JinJer wedding super goofy. Like, does Jinger even know how to read?

Wow.  Fairly sure most of the D's can read, and I am not even a fan. 

On 1/12/2017 at 0:14 PM, DugFan said:

I'll chime in on Colorado's.  We had the no-Sunday thing up until a few years ago.  But we still have this franchise law that a company can only have one liquor store in the entire state.  So, for example, in other parts of the country you might be able to buy wine at any Target.  Here Target is allowed to only have it is ONE store (luckily, I live close:my_biggrin:)

Is that why the Tipsy's in Littleton is the size of a small mall?

Oklahoma voted to change the liquor laws last November and join the 21st century. Currently (before the new laws take effect) you can only buy low point beer at the grocery store and nothing else. All liquor, wine, high point beer etc has to be purchased from a liquor store. They close at 9pm and are closed on Sundays. We had a hard time getting Whole Foods to built a store here for the longest time because wine sales are such a big part of their revenue and they couldn't sell it. We finally got one in 2011 though. We just got a Trader Joe's last September for the same reason.

I always love revisiting the liquor laws of different states. In CA, we're pretty much anything goes. Anyone can sell anywhere (as long as you're properly licensed for either beer and wine or all alcohol) from 6am - 2am 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Right now, at almost 11 pm, if I was so inclined, I could walk down the street to the local 7/11 and pick up a six pack, bottle of wine, and/or a fifth of vodka (they do keep the hard liquor behind the registers there. The local CVS has the hard liquor in glass cabinets; you need an employee to unlock them for you. But any regular supermarket has all alcohol out in the aisles for purchase. I've purchased the gamut from prosecco to Grey Goose (and everything in between at some point) at my local grocery. 

33 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I always love revisiting the liquor laws of different states. In CA, we're pretty much anything goes. Anyone can sell anywhere (as long as you're properly licensed for either beer and wine or all alcohol) from 6am - 2am 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Right now, at almost 11 pm, if I was so inclined, I could walk down the street to the local 7/11 and pick up a six pack, bottle of wine, and/or a fifth of vodka (they do keep the hard liquor behind the registers there. The local CVS has the hard liquor in glass cabinets; you need an employee to unlock them for you. But any regular supermarket has all alcohol out in the aisles for purchase. I've purchased the gamut from prosecco to Grey Goose (and everything in between at some point) at my local grocery. 

Nevada isn't any different. They have a huge booze display for Superbowl Sunday at the WalMart right up the road from me. Right next to the entrance on the Grocery side I think. The grocery stores aren't any different. You can get anything from rotgut to top shelf there. There's also the Total Wine and More stores and of course Lee's Liquors. 

@justodd - I bet you've seen my son's car in that parking lot more than once or twice. 

2 hours ago, debdebdebby13 said:

{snip}

Oklahoma voted to change the liquor laws last November and join the 21st century. Currently (before the new laws take effect) you can only buy low point beer at the grocery store and nothing else. All liquor, wine, high point beer etc has to be purchased from a liquor store. They close at 9pm and are closed on Sundays. We had a hard time getting Whole Foods to built a store here for the longest time because wine sales are such a big part of their revenue and they couldn't sell it. We finally got one in 2011 though. We just got a Trader Joe's last September for the same reason.

congratulations!!! :D it's been a long time coming, I know y'all must still be celebrating...near beer is nasty stuff imo, not worth the calories.

LOVE Trader Joe's...I am currently addicted to their hummus and multigrain crackers ^_^

I just watched the JinJer wedding episode for the first time. Although I saw pictures before it, I have to say that seeing that gown in motion took my breath away. She was indeed a stunning bride. I have to admit I had teary eyes at several moments during the ceremony. It was really beautiful and classy and I can't really snark on it.

The moments when JB saw Jinger in her dress seemed real to me. It was the same with Jessa. Probably the most raw moments we ever see on the show.

Didn't have to wade through the thread drift so much as I had to swim against the current in a sea of everyone's local liquor laws, lol.

I find the dodgy dressmaker really interesting, it'd be cool if we could dig up some more info on her. There's two conflicting stories as well - the 'dressmaker' put pearls on the dress against Jinger's wishes and Jinger wanted pearls and they were super special to her because of that icky verse about a woman's worth.

22 minutes ago, Vex said:

{snip}

There's two conflicting stories as well - the 'dressmaker' put pearls on the dress against Jinger's wishes and Jinger wanted pearls and they were super special to her because of that icky verse about a woman's worth.

I did read something about pearls on the dress against jinger's wishes, but not the other thing...which icky verse is this?  does it also mention rubies?

Just now, goldengrove said:

I did read something about pearls on the dress against jinger's wishes, but not the other thing...which icky verse is this?  does it also mention rubies?

I confused it with the passage about a woman's worth being more than rubies, but the verse is this:

All the children of men are busy; one would be rich, another would be honourable, another would be learned; but most are deceived, and take up with counterfeits for pearls. Jesus Christ is a Pearl of great price; in having him, we have enough to make us happy here and for ever. A man may buy gold too dear, but not this Pearl of great price.

The poster who said that seemed to be referencing this verse about the pearl of great price. Apparently that verse is dear to Jinger and that's why she wanted pearls. I've only seen the one person mention that story here vs several people saying she apparently didn't want the pearls, so who knows.

45 minutes ago, ophelia said:

She was indeed a stunning bride. I have to admit I had teary eyes at several moments during the ceremony. It was really beautiful and classy and I can't really snark on it.

Yes this was by far the classiest Duggar wedding. It was nice to have an indoor reception vs guests standing in a freezing parking lot. I was quite surprised that she got married in an actual cathedral, due to their vicious opposition to Catholicism. So much prettier than the awkward stage set-ups at Cross Church for Jessa & Jill. I would have made just a few tiny changes, like not having her brothers in caps and suspenders AGAIN. Why???? Also, I didn't like those pinteresty-looking handwritten signs at the reception. Those can be cute for a casual, more rustic, or outdoor wedding but to me they don't fit with Jinger's level of formality. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived