IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

8 hours ago, patsymae said:

Also Hepzibah, Zipporah, Beulah, Orpah

Zipporah/Tziporah I like (especially because Zippy/Tzipi is such a cute nickname) even though I probably wouldn't choose it for any kids of mine, and Orpah turned out to be a pretty good name when someone transposed the r and the p on a certain lady's birth certificate.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's something adorable about Hepzibah if it's shortened to Eppie. I remember reading a book in Jr high where the little girl was called Eppie. 

53 minutes ago, nst said:

by the power vested in me - you will get a child named after you 

Joy will name her first born girl - stormy 

happy :D

Yes, much!

4 hours ago, December said:

That'd be my guess, too. Are those sort of plans even common outside of fundie circles?

It'd be hard to find something more out there than Spurgeon, but that's at least in the same league! I'm torn whether I think they'll continue with obscure-ish religious names, or it'll be the one really odd name and then a bunch of trendy ones.

This came up on my realtor daughter's Facebook.  She was complaining about her health insurance and one of her church friends mentioned Scamaritan.  Fortunately, my financial advisor told her she needed to check into the health exchanges.  I hope she realizes that Scamaritan is just that.

I think it's a boy and I'm still thinking Hudson. Perhaps Beckett or Wycliffe as a middle name, if they're going with Christian heroes.

Maybe born on Feb 14 and if a boy, name it Hart Seewald and if a girl,

name it Heart Seewald. That would drive Ma and Pa DuggarCrazytalk over the edge.

10 hours ago, Stormy said:

My turn:

February 10th, hospital birth. They will plan for an attended homebirth, but will decide to go to a hospital at the last minute once Jessa's due date comes and goes. There, Jessa will be pumped full of pain medication and will enjoy being pampered and waited on for the duration of her labor, which Ben will tweet throughout. The result will be uneventful vaginal birth followed by a selfie. It will be another boy, 9 lbs. 12 oz., and his name will either be Ulysses Tozer Seewald or Tozer Calvin Seewald. ("Toes" for short.) He will have a full head of luxurious curly chestnut hair and his mother's pouty lips. Since Spurgeon has been such a joy, Toes will be the opposite. It will be four months before he sleeps through the night, and afterwards he will shriek if Jessa so much as leaves the room. By then, Jessa will be pregnant again with yet another boy. In fact, she will have four boys total before she finally has a girl, and Spurgeon will assume the role of surrogate sister-mom and be a master diaper-changer before the age of nine.

What do I get if I win?

No matter the real name, they should have Toes as the nickname.

I definitely agree with all the predictions that she will attempt a home birth with hopefully a midwife who isn't Jill. I read on Above Rubies that godly women should approach childbirth like a missionary anticipates the dangers of the mission field - tropical disease, privation, even death. After all, the goal is the same - to produce soldiers for the Kingdom of God. Hence, even if your Dr says you face complications or risks, you should submit to God's plan for you and your uterus. If that means a high risk delivery, then you are a true martyr for God. That's why I think we will see them all put themselves and their babies at risk - in the service of producing more soldiers. And doing the birth 'naturally' is even more about 'leave it in His hands'. This competition to martyr themselves during the birth seems dangerous and unhealthy to me.

I am calling it for a girl, either January 16th or February 12th, around 4am. The name will be something super biblical, so as not to make it apparently obvious they don't understand how to be good Christians :my_biggrin:

My friends and I have been doing astrology/tarot as a hobby for years, and once when we were hanging out, we spent an evening looking up the Duggar kids' astrology information. We are complete dorks :pb_lol:, but we were really curious about what the astrology reading of someone with 18 siblings would look like! I say January 16th (if early) or February 12th (if late) because the moon is in virgo on those days, and several of the Duggars have heavy virgo signatures in their chart, a moon/ascendant in a lot of cases, if I remember correctly, including Spurgeon. If he's born at 4am, he'll have a Saggitarius ascendant, and the Duggars also seem to lean heavy in Saggitarius planets. 

I say girl because the stocking they had up for the baby back in December had a bow on it. I guess it could have been a regular Christmas bow on the stocking, but I wonder if even an innocent, decorative Christmas bow would be in violation of their jinder roles...:my_rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I say girl because the stocking they had up for the baby back in December had a bow on it. I guess it could have been a regular Christmas bow on the stocking, but I wonder if even an innocent, decorative Christmas bow would be in violation of their jinder roles...:my_rolleyes:

Given that it was originally Spurgeon's stocking last year the bow doesn't indicate the baby's gender.

Okay. I'm sticking with boy. Born Feb 1st at about 5 am. 8 lbs 13 oz. She will be transferred to the hospital but will not need a c-section. The name will probably be Tozer Benjamin but I really hope I'm wrong since Aiden and Spurgeon actually sound okay together.

11 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I definitely agree with all the predictions that she will attempt a home birth with hopefully a midwife who isn't Jill. I read on Above Rubies that godly women should approach childbirth like a missionary anticipates the dangers of the mission field - tropical disease, privation, even death. After all, the goal is the same - to produce soldiers for the Kingdom of God. Hence, even if your Dr says you face complications or risks, you should submit to God's plan for you and your uterus. If that means a high risk delivery, then you are a true martyr for God. That's why I think we will see them all put themselves and their babies at risk - in the service of producing more soldiers. And doing the birth 'naturally' is even more about 'leave it in His hands'. This competition to martyr themselves during the birth seems dangerous and unhealthy to me.

The thing is, though, is that they've done everything in a way that ensures God's grace and protection, or do they think. I'd guess that most of them do not forsee danger because of this, and generally go in the direction of doing what makes them the most comfortable (having cushy homebirths with candles and prayer) because it feels "right," and, therefore, holy. It's interesting that fundie culture has built up this stance against acting on natural urges, but have also constructed a comfort zone within the limits of their ideals.

On 1/4/2017 at 1:39 PM, Dubiousclaire said:

I just googled "hideous biblical names" and the one most mentioned was "Dorcus" for a girl. So I am going with that...Dory for a nickname.  I think they will attempt a home birth, until a major freak out occurs, and Jessa goes to the hospital and gets an epidural. 

Jessa will be face timing Jinger the whole time,  Michelle will be baby talking and uselessly fetching supplies and towels the whole time, and Jill will be hand-wringing and crying because she doesn't know what to do, Ben will be looking up relevant bible quotes, Joy will be texting her boyfriend, Jim Bob will be at the big house with all the boys trying to think of some useless project to do, and Jana will be sitting in the living room rolling her eyes. 

In college I had a foreign exchange housemate who chose to go by Dorcas as her American name. She told me she read it in the bible and always liked it, and had no idea it was a really strange name.

I vote for Studd!  After C.T.Studd.

Studd Benjermin Seewald

It continues the Seewald alliteration and most importantly goes with their 'one letter different from an animal' theme. It is also embarrassing enough to keep him from running away to public high school (which I suspect is the real reason behind Spurgeons name).

Jessa likes old Studd's "Only One Life, 'Twill Soon Be Past" poem and he was responsible for the Heart of Africa Mission which became the Worldwide Evangelisation Crusade  apart from being a sporty cricket guy and a missionary in china. (#blessedtohavewikipedia)

Maybe they can do a plant theme for Girls: Rosa, Violetta, Tylip, Apple, Pickely

Ok now I wish they do name it Tozer simply because I love the nickname toes!

15 hours ago, adidas said:

I think it's a boy and I'm still thinking Hudson. Perhaps Beckett or Wycliffe as a middle name, if they're going with Christian heroes.

Those are nice first names for a boy and Beckett or Wycliffe could be used a middle name for a girl.

I want to say boy, but everyone has guessed all the stats I think for that so I'm going to say girl now haha.

Charlotte Hope Seewald (Charlotte after the famous Lottie Moon)
7 lbs. 11 oz, 19.5 inches
February 7th, 2017

On 1/4/2017 at 1:03 PM, patsymae said:

Also Hepzibah, Zipporah, Beulah, Orpah

What about Hagar though!? Ugh! I can't hear/read that name without thinking of Hagrid the Horrible from the funnies in the Sunday paper. 

But, on the other hand, Hagar is a perfect name for the type of women they want their daughters to emulate. s

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

I love the name Lottie but only because my great aunt made the name great. 

If you read a bit of stuff on Lottie Moon, she was highly educated, receiving one of the first Master's degrees awarded to a woman by a Southern institution and spoke Latin, Greek, French, Spanish and Italian as well as being able to read Hebrew fluently.   (Of course, she became fluent in Chinese, as well.)  She apparently developed a relationship with Crawford Howell Toy who had been professor of Hebrew at the Southern Baptist Seminary.  He left when he began to  embrace Dawinism and higher criticism of Biblical texts.  He joined the faculty at Harvard and became a Unitarian.  Their engagement broke off not only because of doctrinal differences, but because Lottie wanted to remain in China.

I can't see the Seewalds naming a baby after Lottie it they know anything about the woman as she was too spirited and lively.  She was no meek wilting flower!

I'm convinced it's another boy. I think she'll pick another out-there name like Spurgeon. The middle name will be something normal.

4 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

Beckett can be a girls name

I'd love it if they named their girl Beckett. In my mind it would always be after detective Kate Beckett. :)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived