IGNORED

Seewalds 13 - Baby Still Baking

choralcrusader8613

Yeah, the date/century thing is a silly mistake to make. But I doubt Jessa would even cop on why we are commenting on it (if she was reading here), she probably doesn't realise it as a mistake even when pointed out.

I find it hard to blame Jessa though,  she didn't choose to have a piss-poor education in the first place. I blame those responsible for denying a simple basic piece of knowledge as this by not allowing her and the other kids the opportunity of proper schooling, whether provided by public school or home-schooling. This little blunder really highlights the effects of Michelle's effort at home-schooling. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Yeah, the date/century thing is a silly mistake to make. But I doubt Jessa would even cop on why we are commenting on it (if she was reading here), she probably doesn't realise it as a mistake even when pointed out.

I find it hard to blame Jessa though,  she didn't choose to have a piss-poor education in the first place. I blame those responsible for denying a simple basic piece of knowledge as this by not allowing her and the other kids the opportunity of proper schooling, whether provided by public school or home-schooling. This little blunder really highlights the effects of Michelle's effort at home-schooling. 

It just goes to show their ignorance. They make these mistakes because they don't know any better. Their parents chose to do this. That is the sad thing! 

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

If you think we have it bad with head size, consider the poor kiwis! (The birds, not the people from New Zealand.) Kiwis with eggs that are about a quarter of their body weight. In comparison, an emu lays an egg that is about 2% of its body weight.

This is an x-ray of a kiwi with an egg:

Kiwi_Egg_X-Ray.jpg

OUCH!

44 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Yes but they do know bankruptcy and perpendicular.

3 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

I can't really snark on Jessa mixing up the labeling for centuries. I'm currently being college educated and have to pause and subtract/add to double check I am saying the right numbers. It's an easy mistake to make.

It's something that doesn't come automatically to me either, in the same way knowing left from right doesn't come automatically to me. I have to pause for a second to figure out the direction (the direction the number is moving, for the century) in both cases. My innate sense of direction is just not good. But because I know I'm like that, I would be sure to double check to make sure I got it right. I get the feeling that Jessa could double, triple, and quadruple check and she still wouldn't see the issue.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:40 PM, Stormy said:

Depending on where you are, a lot of these are interpreted as full names. I had no idea that any of these aside from Leo and Annie were short for anything.

That said,  I've got an family member whose legal name is Sammy. Not Samuel. Sammy. We've also got a Bobby Joe who's not also Robert Joseph.

This tickled me. One of my brothers is Robert Joseph. We always called him Bob, but now people tend to know him as Bobby, which seems weird to me. I'd rather Robert. Our other brother is William Charles, but was always Bill, and now also William, so he went the other way. But! My dad was named Billy Joe at birth, way back in 1932, and that has always sounded so silly to me. He was just always Bill, too, though.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived