IGNORED

Charlie Manson in the hospital

47of74

Now why couldn't he have gone in 2016 instead of Carrie, Debbie, William Christopher, Anton Yelchin, etc....

reuters.com/article/us-people-manson-idUSKBN14N1ZL

Convicted mass murderer Charles Manson was taken from a California prison, where he is serving a life term, to a hospital for an undisclosed medical issue on Tuesday, news media reported.

Manson, 82, was seriously ill, a source told the Los Angeles Times, but could not provide further information. TMZ reported that Manson was transported to a hospital in Bakersfield, California, about an hour from California State Prison in Corcoran, where he was being held.

A California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokesman declined to comment to Reuters, citing inmate medical privacy issues.

In the 1960s, Manson, a charismatic ex-convict, assembled a group of runaways and outcasts known as the "Manson Family." In the summer of 1969, he directed his mostly young, female followers to murder seven people in what prosecutors said was part of a plan to incite a race war.

I normally don't wish people dead, but in this case I do. Rot in Hell, Chuckles.

I think 2017 would be off to a better start if he dies, and I'm not the type who wishes death for anyone.

I have a friend who is a nurse in a men's prison, she says it can be really hard mentally and emotionally to treat sone of the inmates. For some of them it is due to the nature of their crimes, others because they are entitled assholes or scary crazy. Sometimes due to all of the above.  I bet Manson falls into the last category. 

Another one here who doesn't wish anyone dead, and I'm anti-death penalty...but this sorry asshole can depart any time and rot in hell.

Charles Manson has huge yuge knowledge of the criminal justice system, he could be a potential Trump nominee for the Supreme Court.

43 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Charles Manson has huge yuge knowledge of the criminal justice system, he could be a potential Trump nominee for the Supreme Court.

The New Yorker did a piece on that

newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/health-scare-scratches-charles-manson-from-trumps-list-of-supreme-court-picks

Amid reports that Charles Manson is ill, the Donald Trump transition team has removed his name from its list of potential Supreme Court nominees.

For President-elect Trump, the development was a serious setback, since Manson had reportedly topped the short list of Supreme Court picks since his name was first floated last December.

At that time, Trump said that Manson’s extensive experience with the judiciary made him uniquely qualified to “shake up the Supreme Court.”

Can you imagine being his doctors/nurses and having to treat him like any other patient?

When we thought we had the Pulse shooter in my hospital, I remember briefly thinking "Dear god, what do we do?" I got this wave of nausea thinking of everything I'd seen not a few moments before, and I didn't want to help at all- I'm not even on the medical side. And then you just shore up and do your job. (Nonetheless it was a huge relief when we found out he'd been killed on the scene).

But we have the one guy on the lam now who killed the two officers and his ex gf/baby, and if he comes to our hospital I'm sure it'll feel the same.

I'm embarrassed to admit how much hatred and lack of empathy I feel whenever I find out about criminals like these who are ill or in trauma care.

15 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

When we thought we had the Pulse shooter in my hospital, I remember briefly thinking "Dear god, what do we do?" I got this wave of nausea thinking of everything I'd seen not a few moments before, and I didn't want to help at all- I'm not even on the medical side. And then you just shore up and do your job. (Nonetheless it was a huge relief when we found out he'd been killed on the scene).

But we have the one guy on the lam now who killed the two officers and his ex gf/baby, and if he comes to our hospital I'm sure it'll feel the same.

I'm embarrassed to admit how much hatred and lack of empathy I feel whenever I find out about criminals like these who are ill or in trauma care.

That's probably something everyone who works in trauma care comes across. 

I remember seeing one of those ER reality shows where a guy who had beaten up a girl showed up in the ER with some internal wounds and the female ER doctor decided not to anaesthetise him when putting in I think a central line, which was very painful for him.  She felt that she was getting justice by making the guy suck it up and take the pain from having the line put in.  She had tell her story anonymously since she could be sanctioned.    

15 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I think that is normal. When you are dealing with someone who has caused others extreme pain and fear, sometimes in some of the worse ways imaginable, it is hard to feel empathy for them.

I think it's completely normal to have a lack of empathy for people who do horrible things. Charles Manson does not deserve sympathy, the man has lived far longer than his victims did.

Is it bad I actually thought this guy had died already? He must be pretty old.

4 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

Is it bad I actually thought this guy had died already? He must be pretty old.

He's 82 years old.  I think he's about the same as my Grandma's last surviving brother. 

And the murder victims could have had full lives, families, children, grandchildren....but no, his sorry ass is still alive.  UGH.

I have seen interviews with Leslie Van Houten and Patricia Krenwinkle, and videos of their parole hearings.  Part of my heart breaks for them, honestly.  They've spent their whole lives behind bars, and their chance of ever doing anything harmful to anyone again is basically nil.  But.....nope, sorry gals, you threw your life away when you picked up the knife.  Do what good you can for your fellow inmates.  That's your legacy now.

9 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I feel about as much compassion for him as I do for Dylann Roof. #akanone

I do wish Roof had to spend the rest of his life behind bars like Charlie has instead of getting the needle. 

Just now, 47of74 said:

I do wish Roof had to spend the rest of his life behind bars like Charlie has instead of getting the needle. 

I know that he specifically didn't want the death penalty, so although I'm against it in general I'm glad he's not getting what he wants. 

Me too. There are worse fates than death. Death is just too easy.

1 hour ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I know that he specifically didn't want the death penalty, so although I'm against it in general I'm glad he's not getting what he wants. 

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm not gonna shed any tears when that son of a bitch Roof is sent to make his maker, that's for goddamn sure.  If he had to spend any amount of time in prison he might wish he had asked for the death penalty after all.  Especially if he's looking at another 70 years in the can, and they keep him alive as long as possible.

Archived