IGNORED

Joy and Austin: dating with a purpose .... or something (part 4)

Destiny

Isn't that in the Bible, something about taking a sheet to court to disprove the virginity of your property and get a refund? 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't that in the Bible, something about taking a sheet to court to disprove the virginity of your property and get a refund? 

Sad thing is that I believe the showing the sheets to prove virginity still happens in some places. I can't remember where though! [emoji848]

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Sad thing is that I believe the showing the sheets to prove virginity still happens in some places. I can't remember where though! emoji848.png

It used to happen in Southern Italy not that many years ago. Or at least they would hang out the sheet. 

4 hours ago, Nicole Jinger Duggar said:

That whole idea is so insane! Obviously hardly anyone bleeds enough to stain sheets. For most it's barely a few drops. Wth 

Lots of pricked fingers though, I'm sure. 

Cuts on the sole of the foot :) something I read in a Philippa Gregory book

1 hour ago, 19Kittens said:

Is bleeding even a thing that happens outside of books & movies? 

Only when done wrong!!!

For most women it shouldn't bleed (much). It starts bleeding more than a one or two drops  if other tissues are damaged also.

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Only when done wrong!!!

For most women it shouldn't bleed (much). It starts bleeding more than a one or two drops  if other tissues are damaged also.

I'm pretty sure for girls like the Duggar's it is done wrong. There will be no warm up, no are you ready just WHAM BAM, get up and make me dinner sex. 

Every times I see the preview of Austin leading JoyAnna up on the rock and then turning to her and saying "Soooooo" with that smirk I feel my skin crawl.  I'm interested to see more scenes of him b/c that one scene makes me thinks he's an ass that will demand submission rather.  I'm hoping I'm wrong. 

7 hours ago, 19Kittens said:

Warning; TMI: It happened to me in the front seat of my BF's Chevy Station Wagon on Prom night... 

I think that bleeding will be different for everyone. However I am guessing that it is much more common in arranged marriages where they aren't in love or know one another well. I will try to explain this without being crude.... let's just say when you are extremely attracted to a guy and there's plenty of foreplay going on, you are more ready for the act. Catch my drift? 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm pretty sure for girls like the Duggar's it is done wrong. There will be no warm up, no are you ready just WHAM BAM, get up and make me dinner sex. 

I'm pretty sure about that, too. I think the girls get the education like most girls in the world: in the beginning it hurts a lot and then less and less each time until it's pleasurable. Which is totally the wrong way to be tought about intercourse imo!

Instead men should be tought to be more careful in the beginning and patient. Sex doesn't mean full 100% sex the first time, if you know what I mean. It can (and should) be gradual.

Just throwing out there that I bled the first time despite having quite a bit of other kinds of sexual experience and plenty of foreplay. I think this just depends on the person. 

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I'm pretty sure about that, too. I think the girls get the education like most girls in the world: in the beginning it hurts a lot and then less and less each time until it's pleasurable. Which is totally the wrong way to be tought about intercourse imo!

Instead men should be tought to be more careful in the beginning and patient. Sex doesn't mean full 100% sex the first time, if you know what I mean. It can (and should) be gradual.

I wish they could at least get a first time sex secular book on their wedding day. Sex shouldn't hurt. A good man will make sure the girl he's with is okay and focus on her pleasure too. Just not his own. 

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 8:01 PM, goldengrove said:

Austin is the only son of an august fundie family (august for whatever reasons, beats me), so I imagine JB would have happily given up any of his stable of virgins to be connected to them by marriage....I think it's fortunate that Joy seems to want to do this, and that they are so comfortable together...here's hoping that all goes well for them :)

It's creepy JB thinks about his daughters virginity like this. Selling them off.

On 1/16/2017 at 11:05 AM, MayMay1123 said:

just use the @ sign...a list of screen names pops up and you choose who you want

Thanks! I feel a bit silly now. :-)

15 hours ago, 19Kittens said:

I highly doubt it. Maybe for a few people whose partners are very insensitive and uncaring. I also recall reading that novel where someone sliced her foot, but she KNEW she wasn't a virgin. Still, it's a bit dicey. And unimportant. People should be a lot more worried about if the BOY is a virgin, and his std testing history, which usually isn't great. 

Forgive me for my natural bluntness, but I read a book (Burned Alive) where it mentions that they're some combination of herbs and such that you stick up your....regions before the deed and apparently it will irritate your regions so much that when the day comes you will bleed like you're 'supposed' to do. 

13 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Forgive me for my natural bluntness, but I read a book (Burned Alive) where it mentions that they're some combination of herbs and such that you stick up your....regions before the deed and apparently it will irritate your regions so much that when the day comes you will bleed like you're 'supposed' to do. 

God, that sounds horrifying.  I would way rather cut my inner thigh or something. But how messed up is it that because society says women should be hurt when we first have sex (even though for most it's not like that), women will actually have to hurt themselves to make that true?  Ugh, patriarchy makes me want to throw up.  It's no wonder all these families have to keep their daughters in such ignorance about history to make sure they joyfully submit. 

2 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I highly doubt it. Maybe for a few people whose partners are very insensitive and uncaring. I also recall reading that novel where someone sliced her foot, but she KNEW she wasn't a virgin. Still, it's a bit dicey. And unimportant. People should be a lot more worried about if the BOY is a virgin, and his std testing history, which usually isn't great. 

No one has ever cared if a male is a virgin because he isn't the one to become pregnant. There were no DNA tests way back then and a man wanted to make sure he wasn't getting a bride that was already pregnant by someone else. He wanted her to carry his offspring and didn't want to care for anyone else's offspring. It's all about the men and their heirs. Women were just a means to getting that heir.

10 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Warning; TMI: It happened to me in the front seat of my BF's Chevy Station Wagon on Prom night... 

Dang...hope his seats were leather. That's easy to clean.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:53 AM, SorenaJ said:

It used to happen in Southern Italy not that many years ago. Or at least they would hang out the sheet. 

I saw it in rural Sicily in the late 1990s.

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

God, that sounds horrifying.  I would way rather cut my inner thigh or something. But how messed up is it that because society says women should be hurt when we first have sex (even though for most it's not like that), women will actually have to hurt themselves to make that true?  Ugh, patriarchy makes me want to throw up.  It's no wonder all these families have to keep their daughters in such ignorance about history to make sure they joyfully submit. 

There are also fake blood / hymen products sold... My friend is a OBGYN in serving a particular ethane-religious group, and has been asked to source them many times. Check out  http://nymag.com/thecut/2012/09/sex-with-a-fake-hymen.html 

On 1/17/2017 at 2:51 AM, Mela99 said:

I feel for Joy with the pregnancy rumors... I half think she could sue for slander since they're alleging unchaste behavior. I'm always surprised Kim Jong Boob doesn't run out into the road bellowing how his unmarried children are all innocent virgins who are only allowed to poop alone. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't submit the girls to hymen checks to make sure they are. Trying to remember which religious sect requires that for girls... 

Some traditional mainstream Mormans in Utah do pre-marriage pelvic exams. i don't know if that's a virginity check per se, but an opportunity to talk about birth control etc...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived