IGNORED

Joy and Austin: dating with a purpose .... or something (part 4)

Destiny

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

How long have Joy and Austin been courting now?

At least since October, maybe longer. 

I doubt that Austin will ever be cleaning Jim Bob's toilets for money or pandering public donations for an overseas mission trip.  As the one male of two children, I can see him eventually running Fort Rock as well as owning half of it.  Money shouldn't be a problem (far as I can tell).  Maybe he and Joy can eventually hire some of the Howlers.

Money doesn't guarantee a happy marriage, but they have known each other for many years and seem comfortable.  Time will tell...

21 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I doubt that Austin will ever be cleaning Jim Bob's toilets for money or pandering public donations for an overseas mission trip.  As the one male of two children, I can see him eventually running Fort Rock as well as owning half of it.  Money shouldn't be a problem (far as I can tell).  Maybe he and Joy can eventually hire some of the Howlers.

Money doesn't guarantee a happy marriage, but they have known each other for many years and seem comfortable.  Time will tell...

Austin is the only son of an august fundie family (august for whatever reasons, beats me), so I imagine JB would have happily given up any of his stable of virgins to be connected to them by marriage....I think it's fortunate that Joy seems to want to do this, and that they are so comfortable together...here's hoping that all goes well for them :)

On 1/10/2017 at 3:33 AM, infooverload said:

All I could think was this almost looks as though Thomas Kincaid was going through a dystopian period.

I found this statement deeply pleasing. Thomas Kinkade, had he lived longer, transforming all his original settings into post-apocalyptic statements on the nature of sobriety.

Goldengrove I have never heard the term August fundie. What exactly is an August Fundie? Am I the only one who was going August fundie and scratching their head?

hi @backyard sylph...that's just a word sometimes used in the South to describe someone of great dignity and importance, as in "an august personage"...I used it in the most smartass and irreverent  way I could think of  ^_^ I'm pretty old, though, haven't lived down there in a good while....

hi @backyard sylph...that's just a word sometimes used in the South to describe someone of great dignity and importance, as in "an august personage"...I used it in the most smartass and irreverent  way I could think of  [emoji5] I'm pretty old, though, haven't lived down there in a good while....

Hmm interesting, I was thinking August fundie was a way of someone who dived down the fundie rabbit hole later in life.

7 minutes ago, infooverload said:

7 minutes ago, infooverload said:

Hmm interesting, I was thinking August fundie was a way of someone who dived down the fundie rabbit hole later in life.

that would make sense too, maybe they did...have Austin's people (their last name escapes me) been around for a good while? (sorry, too tired to look this up atm...)

I went to the Fort Rock site. It will be a perfect venue for Joy and Austin's wedding. They could do a western themed wedding really well and I hope Joy wears her boots. There are lots of ideas floating about on Pinterest or any other sites. Loved Amber Marshall's wedding (from Heartland, CBC)

Now, Austin comes from a two child home. Wonder if he can get Joy to consider some forms of birth control and convince her that The Pill does not kill babies (like she has heard from her parents her whole life)? My thoughts are, since God is omniscient and can do anything, if he really wanted a woman to become pregnant; a pill, condom, IUD or tubal ligation wouldn't be able to stop conception from happening. Joy and Austin should be able to use BC, plan when and how many kids to have, and if a miracle BC baby arrives have it too, since they do no believe in abortions. 

hi @backyard sylph...that's just a word sometimes used in the South to describe someone of great dignity and importance, as in "an august personage"...I used it in the most smartass and irreverent  way I could think of  [emoji5] I'm pretty old, though, haven't lived down there in a good while....

I'm from the South, and I never heard that before.

11 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm from the South, and I never heard that before.

I'm not from the south - I've heard it.   Two pronunciations - "my daughter was born in the month of August'  Awe-gust.    and "I looked in admiration at the august judge as he banged his gavel."  uh-gust       Might not be in use much anymore,  though.  

On January 10, 2017 at 3:03 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I remember during one of the earlier episodes, Joy was almost manic in her haste to cover the TV because of defrauding images. She seemed like a miniature hall monitor. I would wager if she and Austin get married early this year, she'll be popping out blessings every 15-18 months for a depressingly long time. Each of said blessings will be baptized in, and bathed in, the kool-aid.

This may have less to do with an authoritarian streak (I don't get that feel from her) and more to do with events of Joshgate. I'm sure the whole family was confused afterward and their beliefs teach them that this happens when boys are defrauded. 

2 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

I'm not from the south - I've heard it.   Two pronunciations - "my daughter was born in the month of August'  Awe-gust.    and "I looked in admiration at the august judge as he banged his gavel."  uh-gust       Might not be in use much anymore,  though.  

I knew exactly what you meant - I don't think it's just a southern thing, just a word maybe not used every day. 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/august

2 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Nothing to do with the south. People still use it, (often, formally) to show deference or respect, like in place of of 'esteemed'.

I can't remember if we are allowed to post links, now. But a quick search under 'August definition' on a search engine will bring it up. 

16 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

I knew exactly what you meant - I don't think it's just a southern thing, just a word maybe not used every day. 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/august

I wish I'd seen your reply before I posted!

16 hours ago, goldengrove said:

hi @backyard sylph...that's just a word sometimes used in the South to describe someone of great dignity and importance, as in "an august personage"...I used it in the most smartass and irreverent  way I could think of  ^_^ I'm pretty old, though, haven't lived down there in a good while....

This was a little confusing, as I'd know what was meant by august personage, until I went back and read the post and reply in context. I mean, I wouldn't fault you for getting the name wrong, though, because I don't even know how to put one in at all... ;-)

5 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

thanks for this @SweetLaurel yes, it is pronounced differently, I should have mentioned that, it's not pronounced like the month...I heard it used all of my life, mostly in a sarcastic way, don't know who does or doesn't use it now...like I said before, I am old, lots about me is archaic (apparently including my vocabulary)

38 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

This was a little confusing, as I'd know what was meant by august personage, until I went back and read the post and reply in context. I mean, I wouldn't fault you for getting the name wrong, though, because I don't even know how to put one in at all... ;-)

I don't know austin's last name atm, kind of gobsmacked that I have managed to confuse y'all with 2 different words in one day :my_confused: I used august as an adjective, so you'd say "that august fundie family, the whoevertheyares"...now I can't even recall what the post was about...heh.

I just meant that you used my name instead of the person who asked what the august thing was. I thought it was funny, and I don't actually know how to put a person's name in.

2 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I just meant that you used my name instead of the person who asked what the august thing was. I thought it was funny, and I don't actually know how to put a person's name in.

oh shoot, I'm so sorry :my_blush: I really spazzed on the last post I made, didn't know how to fix it, this is still new to me...not feeling so well this weekend, maybe I should just lurk for a while, stay away from the keyboard

4 hours ago, goldengrove said:

thanks for this @SweetLaurel yes, it is pronounced differently, I should have mentioned that, it's not pronounced like the month...I heard it used all of my life, mostly in a sarcastic way, don't know who does or doesn't use it now...like I said before, I am old, lots about me is archaic (apparently including my vocabulary)

I don't know austin's last name atm, kind of gobsmacked that I have managed to confuse y'all with 2 different words in one day :my_confused: I used august as an adjective, so you'd say "that august fundie family, the whoevertheyares"...now I can't even recall what the post was about...heh.

Forsyth, it's Austin Forsyth.....

42 minutes ago, sansan said:

Forsyth, it's Austin Forsyth.....

Thanks, I did look it up since my last post.

I feel for Joy with the pregnancy rumors... I half think she could sue for slander since they're alleging unchaste behavior. I'm always surprised Kim Jong Boob doesn't run out into the road bellowing how his unmarried children are all innocent virgins who are only allowed to poop alone. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't submit the girls to hymen checks to make sure they are. Trying to remember which religious sect requires that for girls... 

17 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I don't actually know how to put a person's name in.

just use the @ sign...a list of screen names pops up and you choose who you want

45 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I feel for Joy with the pregnancy rumors... I half think she could sue for slander since they're alleging unchaste behavior. I'm always surprised Kim Jong Boob doesn't run out into the road bellowing how his unmarried children are all innocent virgins who are only allowed to poop alone. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't submit the girls to hymen checks to make sure they are. Trying to remember which religious sect requires that for girls... 

What on earth?!?  I would have failed that as I never bled my first time. I did use tampons though so...

48 minutes ago, Malizabeth said:

What on earth?!?  I would have failed that as I never bled my first time. I did use tampons though so...

It's also a misconception that you're supposed to bleed your first time. Does it happen? Yes. Can it be completely normal? Yes. But if properly aroused and lubricated with a gentle partner it shouldn't happen. Hymens can also just kind of wear away with time, physical activity, hormone levels, and discharge/menstruation. 

Off topic, but I hate that so many still think you're supposed to bleed as proof of virginity. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived