IGNORED

Joy and Austin: dating with a purpose .... or something (part 4)

Destiny

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I agree! I'm so relieved it wasn't Joy. It is going to happen, but at least it hasn't happened yet. (That we know of!) 

I really don't see it happening before Spurgy Jr is here. Hopefully not before Dullard Jr is here, the longer it can be pushed back the better IMO. But  I'm guessing it will coincide with the end of season 3, since it is about ratings and not family. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Might we move the Tabitha & Tim discussion to join the discussion already in process on the "List of Unmarried Fundies" thread??

And may I admit relief that the NYE engagement wasn't Joy's?

Don't get too much relief! I'm guessing Austin will propose on Valentine's Day. Then there will be enough time for a late spring or summer wedding.

Can someone link me to the thread where we're supposed to talk about Tabitha? I don't know where the unmarried thread is located and I always struggle with the search feature...ha!

(That 2nd picture with the raised eyebrow......creepy.)

18 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Can someone link me to the thread where we're supposed to talk about Tabitha? I don't know where the unmarried thread is located and I always struggle with the search feature...ha!

(That 2nd picture with the raised eyebrow......creepy.)

Unmarried Fundies is in the main Quiver Full of Snark area

Here's the direct link to the current last page of the Unmarried Fundies Thread

Very few Duggars are spotted in those NYE pics. Joy and Jana were IGed in front of a Duggar plane. I'm not sold that Joy isn't engaged yet. Tabi's engagement happened somewhere else. By the same token, so could have Joy's. Muffy looked pretty exhausted in the pic we saw of her; maybe Joy's happy moment happened earlier in the day, and Jill is wiped out. She should have really just stayed home. She was about Stage 10 Clinger at that point. 

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Very few Duggars are spotted in those NYE pics. Joy and Jana were IGed in front of a Duggar plane. I'm not sold that Joy isn't engaged yet. Tabi's engagement happened somewhere else. By the same token, so could have Joy's. Muffy looked pretty exhausted in the pic we saw of her; maybe Joy's happy moment happened earlier in the day, and Jill is wiped out. She should have really just stayed home. She was about Stage 10 Clinger at that point. 

Don't get fooled by the Duggar's timeline trickery! It's hard to tell but it's very possible that the pic is months old. When the Duggars post on their fb or IG, many times they're old pics which they make them seem like they were taken the same day posted. Like the fb pic the Duggars recently posted of them working outside cementing. In the pic you can see that the trees and grass are super green. They do this with many of them!

Another thing, idk how cold it was the day they posted the pic but I doubt Jana would be dressed that lightly during this time of year. This pic could be of an old pic of jana and Joy and the family going to visit Jinger but who really knows. Also, the plane in the background looks like a commercial plane. 

On 1/3/2017 at 6:24 PM, nst said:

I don't like him at all 

is it an arranged marriage 

what do we know 

does she have to get married 

is this the best they could do ? so she is 30 ? 

All I can think of is 

RUN JANA!  RUN before they arrange a marriage for you!

On 1/3/2017 at 7:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't think 13 years is a major difference when it comes to a 31 and 44 year old. Now if it was an 18 and 31 year old, I would say ewwww. Tabitha is going to be immature compared to her husband no matter what. That's what happens with fundie SAHDs. 

And he doesn't look 44 to me. My husband is a year younger and looks older than that guy. But my husband has lots of gray hair while that guy's hair looks completely black. I would've guessed he's late 30s.

I don't know those two people at all but from the photos, they look fine together. The age difference really doesn't make any difference, it's a life experience and maturity level difference that matters IMO.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:43 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Something about his body language/smile seems creepy to me though. Its not his age gap with Tabitha...just his "aura" (for lack of a better word :pb_lol:.) Like he'd yell at you for not folding his undies just like his mother did, or something...

LOL As someone who doesn't photograph well I'm scared what you'd see in pics of me :my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

The Fort Rock Family Camp have changed their header on FB so it's not a family picture and Joy but this.

10633710_500379440065092_8205577477460358350_o.jpg

Interesting. Dare we hope for a failed courtship? Probably not.

Is that supposed to be an appealing image? It looks bleak AF to me, but not a Christian Fundie, so maybe different sense of aesthetics in play?

I hope it's a failed courtship (Joy is just too young IMO), but suspect they are already engaged and want to draw some speculation/attention away from that. Or they are hoping we will jump to conclusions, this building some sort of suspense for the new season.

I agree that it is a really bleak photo. It wouldn't make me want to go there, that's for sure.

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Interesting. Dare we hope for a failed courtship? Probably not.

I don't think so unless it happened within the last day or so. DFO FB posted about Joy courting on 1/6.  

"If you have not heard the news, our Joy is courting! Be sure to tune into our new season of Counting On and watch their relationship unfold. The new season starts January 16 at 9|8c!"

I remember Ben making a comment that because Jessa and him were younger than Jill and Derrick, they had a longer courtship to get to know each other and stricter rules because they didn't want to have regrets. I think this was on the Guy's Guide to Courting episode of the last season or some similar silly name. As a girl, I'm sure they care much less how old she is or about the vetting. (It's not as if Ben was mature). But that comment made me think the younger couples do have some pressure to take a bit longer than the Jinger and Jeremy couples. As family friends maybe they also care less about the getting to know each other phase. But I still think Joy will have a longer courtship, around the Ben and Jessa timeline. 

Anyone else get a creepy/eerie feeling looking at that photo? Like it's wheee a horror movie is taking place or something. 

Just me? 

17 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I agree that it is a really bleak photo. It wouldn't make me want to go there, that's for sure.

You're not supposed to want to go there, isn't it more like punishment?

6 hours ago, Purrl said:

I don't think so unless it happened within the last day or so. DFO FB posted about Joy courting on 1/6.  

"If you have not heard the news, our Joy is courting! Be sure to tune into our new season of Counting On and watch their relationship unfold. The new season starts January 16 at 9|8c!"

I seem to remember this was a quote that JB said during a video when the three of them were standing in front of the camera like a birthday video.  I thought it was an announcement of the great news of his daughter, but then it turned into a sort of commercial.

Anyway, I think that quote is old.

I also think they might wait a bit before engagement/wedding. I expect they will wait with either proposal or wedding till her 20th birthday (birthday proposal Josh&Anna style... Bleh :my_sick:) . On the other hand you can really never know with those people...  But I really don't want Joy to be a teenage bride :(

Weird, but I had a dream where he proposed to Joy. I think Joy will be having a summer wedding, without a doubt! Joy and Jinger will end up being pregnant together. Jessa might even be pregnant again by the summer, too. I have a feeling Jessa will surpass Josh and Anna in the number of kids, very soon. 

12 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Weird, but I had a dream where he proposed to Joy. I think Joy will be having a summer wedding, without a doubt! Joy and Jinger will end up being pregnant together. Jessa might even be pregnant again by the summer, too. I have a feeling Jessa will surpass Josh and Anna in the number of kids, very soon. 

I'm not much for predicting, but I'm suspecting that Jessa will probably be pregnant by the end of the year, since she's due in January or February. I don't know if they'll announce it, but think she'll have a baby before next September (2018, meaning that she was pregnant this year). My gut tells me she may be the baby collector of her generation. 

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm not much for predicting, but I'm suspecting that Jessa will probably be pregnant by the end of the year, since she's due in January or February. I don't know if they'll announce it, but think she'll have a baby before next September (2018, meaning that she was pregnant this year). My gut tells me she may be the baby collector of her generation. 

I go back and forth between Jessa and Joy (pending her marriage to Austin.) Austin's parents only have two children but that family seems to be well marinated in the kool aid and Austin was raised to be a good little headship. 

I think it all depends on fertility because I'm sure most, if not all of them, want to have 1000 kids. 

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I had a dream once where I cut off all the girls hair in the middle of the night with huge scissors. 

Joy strikes me as very fond of rules and authoritarian approaches. I hope she doesn't have the most kids, but her age definitely makes that not a far stretch. I think she was engaged before the courtship announcement. Timelines mean little to the Duggars.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived