IGNORED

Joy and Austin: dating with a purpose .... or something (part 4)

Destiny

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT but Continuing on Tabitha's future husband, he has a remodeling/construction business named Robertson's Remodeling that's located in Powell TN. I'm pretty sure he's 44 years old making it a 13 year difference between him and Tabitha.

Screen_Shot_2017-01-03_at_6_04.00_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.07.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.08.48 PM.png

20 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

OT but Continuing on Tabitha's future husband, he has a remodeling/construction business named Robertson's Remodeling that's located in Powell TN. I'm pretty sure he's 44 years old making it a 13 year difference between him and Tabitha.

Screen_Shot_2017-01-03_at_6_04.00_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.07.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.08.48 PM.png

Yikes! I thought the second picture might have been her dad... 

in the third pic e seems to try to be younghis and stile ut he tourn out just to be an old men how play to be a teen...poor thabitha 13 years are a lot in this situation

I don't like him at all 

is it an arranged marriage 

what do we know 

does she have to get married 

is this the best they could do ? so she is 30 ? 

I wonder if the Paines were just like she needs to start having children, cause arranged marriages if it is one aren't too out of ordinary for fundies right? I'm really hoping though that she had some type of say.

I don't think 13 years is a major difference when it comes to a 31 and 44 year old. Now if it was an 18 and 31 year old, I would say ewwww. Tabitha is going to be immature compared to her husband no matter what. That's what happens with fundie SAHDs. 

And he doesn't look 44 to me. My husband is a year younger and looks older than that guy. But my husband has lots of gray hair while that guy's hair looks completely black. I would've guessed he's late 30s.

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't think 13 years is a major difference when it comes to a 31 and 44 year old. 

I agree. Plus, unlike everybody on tv that at least gives us a few moments of material to speculate on, we don't know this guy nor Tabitha at all. They could actually be in love, who knows. Just seems like a snarky train to jump on based on 3 pictures, yeesh....

I am so happy that I wasn't the only one who thought that was her dad. That being said, I don't see the problem with the 31 vs. 44 age different. If we were talking about people who lived regular lives like the rest of us we wouldn't see a problem. I don't know enough about Tabitha to know whether she is mature or likely to be convinced to enter into an arranged marriage. Do we know if he is part of the fundy world? I assume the answer is yes. 

Hopefully they are in love, and very happy. Hopefully their relationship brings some joy to them in their otherwise emotionally and intellectually suffocating/restrictive lifestyle. However...I cannot resist the snark...the urge is too strong in me today. So, with that being said...

I am wondering whether or not that 44-year old guy is actually a virgin. I am wondering rhetorically, I should say; these are dangerous questions I am not sure I want answers to:brainbleach:

But I mean...its atypical at the age of 44 to never have kissed or front hugged someone romantically. Unless he's one of those "born-again virgins" :2wankers: Something about his body language/smile seems creepy to me though. Its not his age gap with Tabitha...just his "aura" (for lack of a better word :pb_lol:.) Like he'd yell at you for not folding his undies just like his mother did, or something...

5 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Hopefully they are in love, and very happy. Hopefully their relationship brings some joy to them in their otherwise emotionally and intellectually suffocating/restrictive lifestyle. However...I cannot resist the snark...the urge is too strong in me today. So, with that being said...

I am wondering whether or not that 44-year old guy is actually a virgin. I am wondering rhetorically, I should say; these are dangerous questions I am not sure I want answers to:brainbleach:

But I mean...its atypical at the age of 44 to never have kissed or front hugged someone romantically. Unless he's one of those "born-again virgins" :2wankers: Something about his body language/smile seems creepy to me though. Its not his age gap with Tabitha...just his "aura" (for lack of a better word :pb_lol:.) Like he'd yell at you for not folding his undies just like his mother did, or something...

I'm always confused as to what that exactly means. Can Christians claim that? 

He looks nice enough to me. His glasses match the pumpkin!  I don't think we can really glean anything about their relationship from these photos.  

I'm not going to say he's a good guy or anything. Just that the age difference isn't a huge deal. But just going by his FB, he is pretty outspoken about his political beliefs. Nothing shocking. Just a bunch of ignorant memes that most of the other fundies would probably agree with. 

At least at their ages it us unlikely they will have a dozen kids. So that's good I guess...

2 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I'm always confused as to what that exactly means. Can Christians claim that? 

Some churches (mostly the mega churches, from my observation) will allow people who have had sex, but are not married, to participate in a ceremony where they ask god to forgive them for having teh sex before marriage, and afterwords they symbolically become "virgins" again. A friend of mine did a born-again virginity pledge when I was in high school, in 2003 (and got pregnant the following year...*que sad trombone* :irony:

...yeah he looks like he could be her dad. The age difference isn't a huge deal, assuming she's not sheltered. 

I thought she was a prospect for JD.

I think he looks alright (can't tell anything from looks anyway) and I don't think 44 is so bad. I bet she is thrilled, as is he.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

...yeah he looks like he could be her dad. The age difference isn't a huge deal, assuming she's not sheltered. 

I thought she was a prospect for JD.

I think that was our wishful? thinking. 

His eyes (or the way he is looking into the camera) makes me feel uncomfortable. My impression of the look in his eyes is ... well.... hide in the closet as quickly as possible and hope he doesn't find you....

I hope Jana doesn't take this as a hint as to what is coming for her if she waits any longer to get married.

Wait. I'm lost. Tabitha Paine is engaged? When did that happen? Is her for whom Sierra was doing those terrible oreo rings?

20 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Wait. I'm lost. Tabitha Paine is engaged? When did that happen? Is her for whom Sierra was doing those terrible oreo rings?

It seems they got engaged on NYE. So she is probably the one everyone was talking about and hinting at. If you look at Tim's FB, you'll see some pictures of the engagement and a small engagement celebration at the Duggar house. 

Might we move the Tabitha & Tim discussion to join the discussion already in process on the "List of Unmarried Fundies" thread??

And may I admit relief that the NYE engagement wasn't Joy's?

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And may I admit relief that the NYE engagement wasn't Joy's?

I agree! I'm so relieved it wasn't Joy. It is going to happen, but at least it hasn't happened yet. (That we know of!) 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived