• Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FundieFarmer

JRod 24: Precious Plexus Moments

296 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

I live right by Raleigh. I would be surprised if Plexus hadn't cancelled this event today, because the roads here are crazy. (My roommate and I had to walk a mile to the grocery store today and saw, like, five near-car-accidents along the way because of the ice/snow. I'm hearing wheels spinning out outside my window as I type this.)

So of course when I saw Jill's video I thought she was incredibly foolish to drive here, but I hadn't even considered the fact that she knew Amy was paralyzed because of irresponsible driving! No words. So, so stupid.

Yeah, I moved from Raleigh to Denver (Colorado) last summer. I was in Raleigh for the storm that shut everything down a few years ago. The fun thing about winter in the Midatlantic states is that, fairly often, for every inch of snow is a thin layer of ice. That combination is what makes the roads scary.

 

Whereas in Denver...We had our second big snow last week. About six inches of snow, some of that snowfall very heavy. Higher education institutions were open, businesses were open, public transportation was running -- though everyone slowed down for safety. It helps that Mountain West natives are a bit more careful in the winter, and more likely to be patient -- there's not the sense of urgency to get to where you're going at all times, which makes winter commuting much less stressful. (And, yes, I offered the couch to classmates who live outside of the city, since I'm about a mile and a half from my university, and it's better to sleep on a couch and drive the next day.)

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nooooo they brought Olivia with them. Way to both endanger and bore your child as you drive "through the snowstorm... 5 hours one way to Raleigh" (see latest FB post).

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like the car and it doesn't look like there seatbelts are being worn. 

Also, it is a no child event. So I'm not sure what they did with Olivia. 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha like J Rod cares about "no children allowed" rules. She'll just do what she wants.

16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can hardly contain my excitement! My hometown fundies are pictured with Jill at the plexus event. Worlds collide! 

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make things worse, a daughter of one of Jill's plexus friends was killed in an ATV accident today. Sure, not a car and you can't buckle up but you'd think it would make you aware of these kinds of risks. Especially if they were playing in the snow with the ATVs. 

I would feel naked without a seatbelt, personally. I don't even think about the safety really consciously but if it's not on, it just feels weird to be in the car.

I also moved from VA to MN. Night and day on how snow is treated. Though, as much as I missed snow days, I do prefer the "life goes on as normal, but maybe slower" attitude. Having the infrastructure to deal with it helps too. 

18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Also, it is a no child event. So I'm not sure what they did with Olivia. 

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe she was there to keep David occupied and visibly unavailable while Jill was getting her training? 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does special week mean?  Do the kids only get attention from patents one week a year?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pasta said:

What does special week mean?  Do the kids only get attention from patents one week a year?

I think they rotate through the kids, so it's each kid's turn once every twelve weeks. During their special week, they get to spend extra one-on-one time with mommy and daddy... like going to the grocery store. FUN! (Sad thing is, in their world, that probably IS fun.)

Also, I was in a car accident when I was 16. My brother was driving and was going 110 mph (we're in Germany, so this is perfectly legal) when a car that was on the lane to exit suddenly decided not to exit and pulled out right in front of us. My brother couldn't break in time and we went straight into their car. Since we were all wearing seatbelts (and the kid in the other car was in a proper car seat), we basically all walked out unharmed. The worst thing that happened was my brother's sprained wrist. But I shudder to think what would have happened otherwise. I am 100 % sure that I would have flown straight through the windshield and most likely died. So people, please wear your seatbelts!

27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother also had an accident like this. His friend had a driving licence like for a month and a car for 3(!!!!) days. He took my brother and two other friends for a ride. At some moment, while nobody was wearing seatbelts, he fell off the road (he drove with a really high speed), the car rolled over for a few times. Ironically, lack of seatbelts is what saved my brother from serious injury (fell out of the window, just a few scratches) and what killed his friend (she hit her head so hard the brain damage led to her death in seconds). She was just 18, so tragic. And the driver will have a trial now and some kind of criminal record if the judge decides it was his fault (and it was). Road safety is so important! 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Special week can be a nice idea. But they kept it in effect when they grifted the Disney trip. So one of the little girls for her hair done at the princess place...which is like $60. And the rest got nothing. Well, except the free trip, but you get my point.

15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm appalled that they drove during a winter storm. In one pic, I could clearly see that the road was covered with snow and maybe ice. Yet, they still went. I would not be surprised if the turnout was SEVERELY low, given that people were told to stay off the roads.  I'm surprised that the event was not postponed or cancelled, but maybe those Plexus people are nuttier than fruitcakes.

Also, Sophia is still breastfeeding, so unless Jill suddenly decided to pump, Sophia went without for the day.  

 

 

10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JillyO said:

I think they rotate through the kids, so it's each kid's turn once every twelve weeks. During their special week, they get to spend extra one-on-one time with mommy and daddy... like going to the grocery store. FUN! (Sad thing is, in their world, that probably IS fun.)

Also, I was in a car accident when I was 16. My brother was driving and was going 110 mph (we're in Germany, so this is perfectly legal) when a car that was on the lane to exit suddenly decided not to exit and pulled out right in front of us. My brother couldn't break in time and we went straight into their car. Since we were all wearing seatbelts (and the kid in the other car was in a proper car seat), we basically all walked out unharmed. The worst thing that happened was my brother's sprained wrist. But I shudder to think what would have happened otherwise. I am 100 % sure that I would have flown straight through the windshield and most likely died. So people, please wear your seatbelts!

Maybe it's just me and my Americanness but I cannot imagine an accident at such high speed. I'm shocked people walk away from them! Glad you got out fine but really really shocked.

My homestate had a huge hullabaloo over whether or not to up the speed limit on an interstate from 65 to 70 mph. Would it be too dangerous? We did it but it was still very controversial. I've only been in one real accident that I remember and it was so strange. I had stopped at a red light on the downward side of hill. The same lady had been tailgating me for the past like 5 minutes but I couldn't get her to stop. In any case, I wasn't about to run into crossways traffic. My car stopped and I knew with more certainty than I've ever known anything else that she was going to hit me. She did. She actually hit me so hard she pushed my car through the intersection of cross traffic. Luckily, none of them hit me. 

I should say that I've driven in weather conditions that I shouldn't have. I mean, I drove from Minneapolis to Madison last year in an active snow storm. That's a 4 hour trip on a normal day. This took me 8 hours. Visibility was low but plows were already on the road so I could ride behind them for a while for fresh asphlat. Drive reaaaaaaaal slow, stop at rest stops a lot, get weather updates constantly and be prepared to hunker. I also drive with a snow kit in my car (cat litter, flares, wool blanket, water, perserved food, a knife, shovel, and other assorted needs). I lost control of the car once and ended up alllowing to slide into an exit off the highway. I arrived at a giant sign glowing in the darkness that just read "Beer, Cheese, Meat" and was able to stop for a bit at said establishment and continue. All of this was maybe a dumb decision but at least I didn't rope children into it with me. 

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freealljs said:

I'm appalled that they drove during a winter storm. In one pic, I could clearly see that the road was covered with snow and maybe ice. Yet, they still went. I would not be surprised if the turnout was SEVERELY low, given that people were told to stay off the roads.  I'm surprised that the event was not postponed or cancelled, but maybe those Plexus people are nuttier than fruitcakes.

Also, Sophia is still breastfeeding, so unless Jill suddenly decided to pump, Sophia went without for the day. 

Too bad it wasn't her week.  And lucky for them that they won their gamble with the weather...so what if there were eleven other children waiting for them at home.

I suspect Jill will be shilling with increased fervor following her contact with the Plexus mothership.

10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm drIving to Florida and put off my trip bc of this weather. I'm driving through North Carolina now (was supposed to leave Friday) and the roads are an icy mess! No salt on them at ALL. I can't imagine driving here yesterday in the height of the snow. These people have no sense 

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

the roads are an icy mess! No salt on them at ALL.

At least up in the snow states (my state has had over 50 inches so far this winter) our road commissions have salt, sand and plows (front and underneath). But down South, they don't have the supplies for winter because they just don't get the snow/ice volume like the eastern and midwest states. (My friend in SD is almost buried in snow and the Temps are -60 with wind chill. Brrrrr!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend is in North Carolina. They got 6 inches of snow. Where she lives they have a few plows but they are not really pre spared for snow. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I went onto eHarmony earlier tonight to look at my matches, and this guy came up. I'm sure he's a good person but he has the misfortune of bearing a strong resemblance to our favorite Fundie father.   

IMG_20170109_023942.jpg

IMG_20160627_215048527-1.jpg

Edited by HumbleJillyMuffin
Missing text
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2017 at 8:39 PM, bertnee said:

Ha like J Rod cares about "no children allowed" rules. She'll just do what she wants.

I feel like if she was going to intentionally and flagrantly break the no kids rule, she'd bring all of them. Harder to kick out 12 kids instead of just one.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JillyO said:

I think they rotate through the kids, so it's each kid's turn once every twelve weeks. During their special week, they get to spend extra one-on-one time with mommy and daddy... like going to the grocery store. FUN! (Sad thing is, in their world, that probably IS fun.)

I couldn't imagine just going to the grocery store a few times a year as a kid. I used to go to the store all the time with my mom or dad. It was a good learning experience using math skills to comparison shop, and set me up to be able to budget my money easier as an adult.

For the Rod kids, it's a good way for them to get out of the house and see normal people doing normal things, instead of a special trip to a fair or the beach. Those kids need all the normal they can get!

34 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel like if she was going to intentionally and flagrantly break the no kids rule, she'd bring all of them. Harder to kick out 12 kids instead of just one.

I think it would be easier. With one kid, especially at an age where they can sit and be quiet if they're distracted with a colouring book or other quiet activity, they can sit next to mom without a big issue. With a dozen kids it's easier to give an excuse like "we don't have the ability to accommodate a large group of kids" or suggest that the older kids watch over the younger ones in a spare room

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

I couldn't imagine just going to the grocery store a few times a year as a kid. I used to go to the store all the time with my mom or dad. It was a good learning experience using math skills to comparison shop, and set me up to be able to budget my money easier as an adult.

For the Rod kids, it's a good way for them to get out of the house and see normal people doing normal things, instead of a special trip to a fair or the beach. Those kids need all the normal they can get!

Oh, I agree that going to the grocery store with their parents is good for kids. I just think it's really sad if going to the grocery store counts as "special mommy time". Goes to show how little individual attention the Rodrigues kids get.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I went onto eHarmony earlier tonight to look at my matches, and this guy came up. I'm sure he's a good person but he has the misfortune of bearing a strong resemblance to our favorite Fundie father.   

IMG_20170109_023942.jpg

IMG_20160627_215048527-1.jpg

Reminds me of one of the supervisors I have at work. He doesn't look like the above gentleman, per se, but he has a strong resemblance to Papa Duggar. (Needless to say, I don't have much respect for him; to add to this, he was also 45 minutes late for doing my review last year, & untimeliness isn't something that I tolerate very well.) 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

But down South, they don't have the supplies for winter because they just don't get the snow/ice volume like the eastern and midwest states

We really don't, which is why they beg people to stay off the road, not come driving here for a damn Plexus event. 

I doubt it even entered Jill's mind that children wouldn't be allowed. I don't see Jill being one of those people who actually reads the rules and regulations. 

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

My friend is in North Carolina. They got 6 inches of snow. Where she lives they have a few plows but they are not really pre spared for snow. 

This reminds me of when my brother used to live in Albuquerque. He would get a kick out of when it snowed say, about 3-4 inches or so; no big deal to us back home in NYS, but he said the city would practically shut down.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going from 8 degree weather to 70 degree weather in around four days. Winter here is all crazy and an inch of snow can cause chaos! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now