• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
FundieFarmer

JRod 24: Precious Plexus Moments

296 posts in this topic

Another year, another opportunity to shill for plexus...my preciousssss.

Currently discussing Time Lords & Jill's shoe collection. 

Carrying on from here: 

Of course, a gentle reminder to keep all commentary away from the children, as they really don't have much control over their situation. 

Posted (edited)

I have also condensed Jill's latest post for clarity.

"Shit...Jeezuz Cha-rist...

Oh Hello there...I'm Jill Rodrigues...just having a little trouble keeping my eyes open...this is Sophie...Sadie...Sally??   Whahahahahahahaha/giggle/giggle. 

I love you guys...

<Passes out>

Edited by Carol

JermajestyDuggar

5 hours ago, catlady said:

the mocking was never directed at the teen girl, but rather at Jill and by extension David:  Jill does the carbon copy thing with her girls, and the two of them are so busy grifting, not working, and not doing right by their kids that they don't provide their children with enough options.  

re:  photo #4 above--shorts and any kind of hose looked stupid in 1993, and they still look stupid now.

I have a school picture from elementary school where I was wearing shorts with hose. I could go on for days. I was a fashion mess in the 90s.

having a hell of a time quoting from the old thread.......i had a friend who wore raggedy denim cutoffs with black hose that she intentionally put runs in.  add Doc Maarten boots and a Nirvana concert shirt, and she'd show up for class like that.  i think she poisoned me on the look.  but then, those leather shorts in the last thread strike me as pointless.

Perhaps Jill is still nursing Sophia, because it's "free"? Jill has admitted in one of her videos that they can barely afford to put food on the table. I knew a lady in grad school who did not have much money, who nursed her daughter until almost age 3.  She breast-fed and supplemented with food.

Jill and David really need to stop having babies. 

Someone in the last thread asked if it was safe to breastfeed on Plexus. I am not a medical doctor nor do I play one of the internet but I can't imagine any (real) doctor would recommend doing this. The whole problem with the dang thing is that it hasn't been vetted at all by any medical body and it has been found to be dangerous in some cases. (I mean, you can't sell it everywhere...)

One thing I think of is that whenever I take anything with sudafed/pseudoephredrine, I can't sleep. I understand why they make meth out of it. Feels like I'm running a million miles an hour. Plexus contains (or at least used to contain) methylhexanamine which has some of the similar side effects (in fact, so much so that the two drugs are linked on Wiki with See Also) and I don't know if passing those on would be good. (Also, would I have an awake hypothetical baby that can't sleep and now has insomina? That sounds bad.)

In unrelated news, I was just thinking about how much those children clean. My New Years resolution is to clean my apartment 20 minutes a day (I have an aversion to cleaning and possibly ADHD and some depression and I was getting really tired of cycling through not cleaning for weeks and then panicking and cleaning for hours...) and I was listening to a podcast (Things you missed in history class). That got me thinking about how many opportunities there are for home schooling what with the internet and how little Jill cares. Surely there are some fundie friendly educational podcasts she could throw on while they work through their 8000 chores?

Not to go back to the whole hose tights thing but I am super confused. I think I buy tights from Walgreens (not the stuff in eggs but similar) but it seems like I am actually buying hose. Am I making a major fashion mistake?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, freedom_for_all said:

Not to go back to the whole hose tights thing but I am super confused. I think I buy tights from Walgreens (not the stuff in eggs but similar) but it seems like I am actually buying hose. Am I making a major fashion mistake?

I think this link is a great explanation. It also says that in Britain and other parts of Europe, everything is just called tights.

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/fashion-beauty/difference-between-pantyhose-and-tights/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

I blame this thread for the horrible early 90s flashback I am currently having.  I had managed to block out UNTIL NOW that I used to wear vomit green nylons with my mustard coloured tulip skirt, and mustard coloured desert boots. Often with a royal blue top with sort of military inspired gold braid crap appliquéd to it.  And my royal purple hat (think vaguely Blossom style without the flower, because apparently THAT would have been too much)  Can't remember if I was still wearing the 80s blue mascara. 

Those desert boots were the Shit, but why did they even manufacture vomit green nylons? Nobody looks good in that skin tone.  

To chime in on the pantyhose discussion: here in Norway tights are the toeless ones. (both thick and thin, but you can also call them leggings). Then "strømpebukse" (literally sockpants) is everything else, sheer and opaque. I think I've called what I wear pantyhose in the US, but I realise now that I've only worn tights. I haven't worn pants in ten years (nope, not a fundie, I just don't like pants and dresses are so much easier!) so I go through a lot of tights! 

OK. As far as school photos go, perhaps I'm grateful that mine were all in the school or Scout uniform... kept me from making some serious sartorial mistakes as a youngun. 

Pantyhose as I knew them, sheer thin stockings, have nearly disappeared near me. To have some to wear to my nephew's wedding, I had to order from amazon.

You can still get tights and leggings. 

Lastly, I watched the "Happy New Year" video. The woman seriously looks insane. The makeup, the huge eyes, the hurried speech, all says "psychotic" to me, and having cared for people with ICU psychosis, I know whereof I speak. Not saying she's psychotic, but she is stressed to the max. That "bright countenance" thing makes them frightening.

1 hour ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

I blame this thread for the horrible early 90s flashback I am currently having.  I had managed to block out UNTIL NOW that I used to wear vomit green nylons with my mustard coloured tulip skirt, and mustard coloured desert boots. Often with a royal blue top with sort of military inspired gold braid crap appliquéd to it.  And my royal purple hat (think vaguely Blossom style without the flower, because apparently THAT would have been too much)  Can't remember if I was still wearing the 80s blue mascara. 

Those desert boots were the Shit, but why did they even manufacture vomit green nylons? Nobody looks good in that skin tone.  

OMG, i forgot about royal blue mascara; i wore that nearly every day in 11th grade!!  i also had a hot pink sweatshirt dress.  yep, a hot pink sweatshirt that reached to just below mid-thigh, complete with raglan sleeves and the "waistband" at the bottom.  i'd wear it over a white polo (collar up, of course) and white opaque hose and white Keds.  i probably kept my hair up in a banana clip.  (WTF were we thinking?)

Jill looks like she's ready to snap. The forced joy, bug eyes,  and sweet tone of speech are really painful to watch. I really hope she's ok. She seems so frazzled and desperate. 

BTW I think it's shameful how David's  "newsletter" is just a list of items he wants to grift. There are plenty of things you could ask people to pray for, David, without being blatantly selfish. With all the horrible things happening in this world, you have the gall to ask that people ignore that and instead  pray that YOU to get a new printer? Not very Christian for you, IMO.

That Plexus stuff is expensive, as is most MLM merchandise. Jill has already said she has to have a monthly standing order.  If she's not selling it, it's likely making an already perilous financial situation worse.  That would explain the stressed, manic, desperate videos she's been posting. 

I liken being a seller of MLM mech that requires sellers to pre-buy the stuff (not all of them do) to gambling.  You keep digging deep holes and get to the point where you don't think you can stop because you have to try to recoup your losses.  It's a sad, desperate situation some of these sellers get into. 

1 hour ago, sparklymagie said:

That Plexus stuff is expensive, as is most MLM merchandise. Jill has already said she has to have a monthly standing order.  If she's not selling it, it's likely making an already perilous financial situation worse.  That would explain the stressed, manic, desperate videos she's been posting. 

I liken being a seller of MLM mech that requires sellers to pre-buy the stuff (not all of them do) to gambling.  You keep digging deep holes and get to the point where you don't think you can stop because you have to try to recoup your losses.  It's a sad, desperate situation some of these sellers get into. 

It is gambling because honestly, you are gambling on selling it. What if no one wants what you are dishing? Then you are stuck with it and you're out the money. I know that there are plenty of people on my facebook friends list that are doing MLMs. It's far too common but most of these friends have the money to start, they don't have 12 kids and a husband to support. 

Can't quote from last thread but @Dandruff I'm not surprised that at 1 1/2 the baby is still nursing. I breastfed my babies at least that long. By the time they are that age it was maybe only two or three times a day. And yes, pretty much everything passes into breastmilk. It may not act in the child the same way as an adult but some of it definitely passes into it. 

Quote I was replying to:

Isn't Sofia at least a year and a half old?  Interesting that she's still nursing.  Don't know whether it might delay another pregnancy, but it's certainly not something Michelle D. would do.

Does Plexus pass into breast milk?

Posted (edited)

IIRC Jill is signed up for her own order, and the $100 backorder, that if she doesn't sell enough, or her downline pull out, she needs to pay.  I assumed that the big pile of random stuff in her cupboard she showed in a video was backorder stuff.  (And wow, I hate MLMs, because that's such a shady business model)

ETA I was listening to the New Year video, and my partner's reaction:  "I'm Jill, I'm off my tits and can't recognise my own children!"

ETA 2 I was actually impressed she left it so long in the video to mention Plexus!  Actually impressed she has 26 people on her team - that woman can certainly grift! 

ETA 3  "I have a love of people money" FTFY Jill

Edited by Lurky

Although Jill pisses me off a lot, I also feel a lot of pity for her. This is exactly why the patriarchal model of marriage doesn't fucking work. She should be the breadwinner of the family. She should be working outside the home (probably in sales) and bringing home all the money while her eleventy kids go to school (2 littlest to babysitter or grandma's) while her lazy ass husband travels around grifting money for his stupid print ministry. The "mainstream lifestyle" that they talk so negatively about would actually work so much better for the whole family. I really wish they could see that. But they will keep grifting while barely paying their bills and Jill will get more and more stressed while David does nothing.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Although Jill pisses me off a lot, I also feel a lot of pity for her.

I don't, I think she's full of it.  They've gotten a gas-guzzling RV, a house, and expensive print equipment within the last few years, and that was before the latest scheme.  Why isn't she advertising David's work if she has time to regularly shill Plexus?  Wouldn't she want to at least show it off?  Maybe find new customers?  Or do they really NOT need the money?  She claims to be frugal then goes on vacation and buys herself stuff.  The kids look so skinny but she and David...don't.  If she really wants to help people lose weight and get out of debt then she should tell them to eat better, exercise, and hold onto their money.

Rant over.

I *think* Plexus will buy back any product you don't sell if you decide to quit selling. I'm not positive on that though. 

15 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Jill looks like she's ready to snap. The forced joy, bug eyes,  and sweet tone of speech are really painful to watch. I really hope she's ok. She seems so frazzled and desperate. 

BTW I think it's shameful how David's  "newsletter" is just a list of items he wants to grift. There are plenty of things you could ask people to pray for, David, without being blatantly selfish. With all the horrible things happening in this world, you have the gall to ask that people ignore that and instead  pray that YOU to get a new printer? Not very Christian for you, IMO.

Maybe he thinks that a better printing press will make his tracts look better. What he probably doesn't realize is that even the best machine won't do that if you don't have basic talent. I remember making better layouts with a Geocities website back in the 90s!

On 04/01/2017 at 0:45 PM, Carol said:

I have also condensed Jill's latest post for clarity.

"Shit...Jeezuz Cha-rist...

Oh Hello there...I'm Jill Rodrigues...just having a little trouble keeping my eyes open...this is Sophie...Sadie...Sally??   Whahahahahahahaha/giggle/giggle. 

I love you guys...

<Passes out>

Oh god. I snorted out loud!! Again..

7 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

I *think* Plexus will buy back any product you don't sell if you decide to quit selling. I'm not positive on that though. 

I thought Plexus wasn't something people are encouraged to buy in bulk and sell - that doesn't get you points etc, it seems v geared to push people to buy through the person's "website" on the Plexus site.  

There are different kinds of MLMs, so eg Lularose is all about buying inventory and then trying to offload it, but even then, their buy-back offer isn't at the cost people paid for it.  But the Plexus-type model isn't even pretending that selling the product to other people is key - it's ALL about getting people in the downline, with the minimum orders, back-orders and so on.  That's why Jill's big push is "Join my team!", not "Buy this cheaper sample size and see if you like it". 

(It's one of those obvious MLM traps - that it's pretty hard to simultaneously sell to your friends and family, AND recruit them into your team, because then they can't buy from you.  This "downline/upline" term is literally describing people's places on the pyramid)

To hijack the thread for a quick second, I went down the rabbit hole that is the Jonestown thread, & saw pictures of Jonestown members during its heyday. I was shocked to see that they used baby cages in the nursery. Wonder if this is where Our Lady of Plexus got her baby cage idea from?

(Snarking on JRod, of course, not the helpless victims of Jonestown. RIP.)

:: back to your regularly scheduled snarking ::

Even selling scrapbooks, there was a minimum for the quarter. You COULD send it back, but postage and "restocking fee" ate up the worth-while-ness of that scheme. I still have LOTS of scrapbook stuff I haven't been able to sell and can't bring myself to take to Goodwill.

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Although Jill pisses me off a lot, I also feel a lot of pity for her. This is exactly why the patriarchal model of marriage doesn't fucking work. She should be the breadwinner of the family. She should be working outside the home (probably in sales) and bringing home all the money while her eleventy kids go to school (2 littlest to babysitter or grandma's) while her lazy ass husband travels around grifting money for his stupid print ministry. The "mainstream lifestyle" that they talk so negatively about would actually work so much better for the whole family. I really wish they could see that. But they will keep grifting while barely paying their bills and Jill will get more and more stressed while David does nothing.

I do feel for Jill, because she's a second-generation Fundy, who was brought up into this lifestyle - although even Jill went to community college and was allowed to get educational qualifications.  Mind you, although she had SOTDRT, being one of only 4 kids meant she should have got a better education than her kids are getting. But David went to high school, and has a qualification, and is happy to deny his kids the opportunity her has.

What I'm really scared about is what happens to the third generation - and then if they're expected to be teenaged parents, schooling their own kids....  Terrifying.