IGNORED

37yo creep claims "age discrimination" when he's banned from Starbucks for hitting on minor barista

Terrie

I just came here to see if anyone had picked up on this delightful specimen of a human being. If he should even be referred to as a human. He's not well. This is his shtick- that men need to impregnate women a decade or more younger than them.

A 16 year old is a CHILD. And even if she was flirting with him that doesn't give him the right to act like a creep.
I'm all for teenagers being allowed sexual agency but this kinda thing is why I still think 16 year olds should be subject to statutory rape laws. For real.

"I have a while website dedicated to age-gap love"......   isn't that just pedophilia? And if they googled him and found the site no wonder they banned him. Creep.

Honestly, I think he must not be very intelligent. He has gotten a lot of backlash and just continues to insist that he's right. I would not let him get anywhere near my preteen daughter. I'm glad for social media. Hopefully the word will get out that he's a basic pedophile, trying desperately to excuse and encourage his beliefs.

She's a barista, of COURSE she's nice--she's making money in tips.  Not an invite to ask her out.

Honestly, the entire world needs to adopt the 'go to hell' rule.

When I had very young people working for me, there was always a bit of inter-dating (which, eh, it happens.  I didn't LIKE it, it was complicating.  But forbidding it just drove it underground which meant if things got weird, they were worse).  So the rule in place was "if the person you are going to ask out is not in a position where they can say 'go to Hell' (which they knew was "Dawbs being to proper to say 'get fucked'"--I'm bitchy proper in supervisor mode), you can't pursue that route to ask them out.

So, you're in a restaurant, and you like the waitress/bartender/whomever...if you ask her out, she can't say 'go to Hell"-her manager would get pissy.  So can't ask her out.

You're at work and on the clock and you want to ask out your workhusband...if you ask him out, he can't say 'go to hell'-supervisor-mode-supervisors might raise an eyebrow. So can't ask him out.

You're out of work, and hanging out behind the building smoking...if you ask him out, he could say 'go to hell'--would be awkward, but no supervisor would yell.  You *can* as him out.

Any situation where someone might get in trouble for telling you 'go to hell' is one where you can't ask them out.  no matter what.

If the police got involved and he got banned from every Starbucks in the state the note must have had something creepy in it and not 'hey, fancy going out for dinner'. I work for KFC when I was on till I'd be extra friendly to customers in the hope they would add extras on to their meal, at certain times prizes were up for grads for the highest average ticket. Waiting staff do the same to get tips. The man obviously doesn't get this and assumes everyone wants a date with him.

• 4 weeks later...

I looked this guy up on FB and there is obviously a mental illness at play.  He is apparently going on Dr. Phil.  I know a lot of people aren't fans, but I think it will get him help, or make law enforcement sit up and take notice, I don't know if the Spokane cops have their eye on him right now, but they should, I think he is a danger.

• 4 weeks later...

we are taught to be polite and have good manners our whole lives, then get hit on for that, then don't want to be rude, so we try and be nice about saying no but the creep doesn't take the hint and we put up with more shit.

I'm glad the manager intervened. They could of laughed it off and this could just get out of hand. Be polite and customer is always right type mind set.

7 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

we are taught to be polite and have good manners our whole lives, then get hit on for that, then don't want to be rude, so we try and be nice about saying no but the creep doesn't take the hint and we put up with more shit.

I'm glad the manager intervened. They could of laughed it off and this could just get out of hand. Be polite and customer is always right type mind set.

While I do agree w/the customer being right some of the time, it is definitely not the case 100% of the time (& not just in this creepy butthole's case, too). Getting off of my soapbox before I start ranting about that.

Archived