IGNORED

Radfords back on tv last night

brokenminded

Last night 19 kids and counting returned to channel 4 to show the Radfords 19th baby arriving and mainly to film with them as they traveled to Australia to meet a family with 16 kids called the Bonnell's. They seemed a touch fundie to me, super scheduled lives, mum talking about tough love and tougher consequences which set of spanking alarm bells for me. What I did enjoy was the Radford kids laughing at being sent a text asking them to call the parents Mr and Mrs Bonnell which they couldn't get their head around at all.

BUT they celebrate Halloween, have pink hair, go to college, play in sports clubs etc so that is not like any fundie I have ever met!!!

I don't recall the Bonnell kids having pink hair but maybe I missed that. They seemed so odd compared to a normal family like the Radfords. I mean normal as in behavior rather than size of family.

The Bonnell family annoyed me at first They refused to even try the pie's Noel went out of his way to make and turned their nose up them the way the Duggar's did. The Radford's went along kids all went along with their rules one of them could have at least took a bite of the pie to polite. They seemed to get on better nearer the end. I loved the kids signing bring me sunshine passing Eric Morcombe's statue before going to Australia, better than Duggar's kids singing hymn's and they knew about someone famous from their home town, the fundies we follow on hear don't teach their kids basic thing like that and their kids don't know much beyond the bible and the crap their taught.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:49 AM, 19BabyGerkins said:

BUT they celebrate Halloween, have pink hair, go to college, play in sports clubs etc so that is not like any fundie I have ever met!!!

You would be surprised. There are fundies that drink, smoke, dance, wear regular clothes, play sports and go to college. My family still celebrated Halloween and we were very much fundie. 

I can't find much about this family's religious beliefs. Are they the typical anti-gay, anti-choice, leave number of kids up to God no matter the cost to our other kids type of fundie? 

The Bonnells seemed a trifle fundie.

The Radfords aren't fundie, they are just fun. I thought the Bonnell family quite rude about not trying the pie. Chloe and her dad made it especially.

The Radfords kids were very suprised to see the chore Rota on the kitchen wall.

The two fathers did bond towards the end of the visit after the adoption details were revealed. 

A return visit by the Bonnell family could be interesting.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

You would be surprised. There are fundies that drink, smoke, dance, wear regular clothes, play sports and go to college. My family still celebrated Halloween and we were very much fundie. 

I can't find much about this family's religious beliefs. Are they the typical anti-gay, anti-choice, leave number of kids up to God no matter the cost to our other kids type of fundie? 

Just found out a few years ago, that the majority of the United States Marines are seriously fundie.

Just to clarify I don't think the Radfords are fundie at all. 

It was the family from Australia the Bonnells who set off my alarm bells. I found them to be of the same type of attitude you'd expect of the Duggars, only difference being the girls did wear shorts and jeans, the mum wore a god awful long denim skirt though.

5 hours ago, brokenminded said:

Just to clarify I don't think the Radfords are fundie at all. 

It was the family from Australia the Bonnells who set off my alarm bells. I found them to be of the same type of attitude you'd expect of the Duggars, only difference being the girls did wear shorts and jeans, the mum wore a god awful long denim skirt though.

I agree that thought went through my head, from them asking the kids to call them mr and mrs to the long chore charts. While the Radford kid do help out at home, they are not strict about it. I wonder if the Bonnell's home school their kids.

They mentioned driving them to school in the van. I assumed that meant they went to school in a building with real teachers. I don't know if Australia has private religious schools which even with that many children is presumably an option.

Archived