IGNORED

Scottie Brown asking for money!

WonderingInWA

Anyone need a tax deduction and want to help poor Scottie Brown/NCFIC out with his "sufficiency of scripture" fundraising?  I've never seen him put out the begging bowl before.  I guess his conferences aren't selling so well.

https://ncfic.org/donate

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The titles Fundies come up with to bamboozle folk into parting from their hard earned cash  are amazing. The time put into thinking them up would seriously be better spent working at a proper job.

Oops no, begging is far easier. Just in Jesus name, not their own.

So damn lazy.

He is such a twat. I have to admit I enjoy watching these patriarchy baby making groups struggle. 

When you have to ask the Internet for money under the guise of it being for Jesus, you've hit some pretty low lows. 

Ha!

8 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Does anyone else have trouble navigating that site? I don't get a scroll bar-- haven't for years. 

I don't get a scroll bar either.  I use Google Chrome and just assumed the genius site developer (Scott's son, David) didn't know how to develop for Chrome?  Honestly, I don't get how that works (or doesn't).

I must preface this with the disclaimer that while I was born and raised in a progressive, intellectual, liberal, debate loving, loud, prove it, question everything, children are to be seen and heard, atheist family, sometimes my ADD brain just cannot give enough of a curiosity fuck to stay with something sooo boooring long enough to “get it”.

So, does anyone else see this:

The Mission of the National Center for Family Integrated Churches
1. Proclaim the sufficiency of scripture for church and family life
2. Promote the centrality of the church in God’s plan for families
3. Recover the biblical doctrines of manhood and womanhood in church and family life
4. Explain the complementary roles of church and family
5. Facilitate church planting and relationship building
6. Communicate the biblical doctrines of the church and family
7. Restore the biblical pattern of age integrated worship, discipleship and evangelism

and understand what those words mean like this:

1. Proclaim the sufficiency of  scrBlaaaaaaaahhhhhhhly life
2. Promote the centrzzzzzzzzzplan for families
3. Recover the biblical doctrines oyeahhhhhhhhhhhnoin church and family life
4. Explain the complementary roffffflllllbbbbbbttttttt
5. Facilitate church planting how long does it take one to grow, do they need a lot of water, do they have to cross pollenate, are they worth the effort.....
6. Communicate the biblical doctrines of the church and oh my god who gives a shit
7. Restore the biblical pattern zig zag zig zag of age integrated worship, discipleship and evangelism word salad sooooodontcarepleasehelpmeeeeeee.

I know I should force my brain to stay with it until I get it, but I just can’t. I just want someone to explain it to me in Sesame St. level english. Or Spanish even. I know one thing for sure. I would have killed my parents and the pastor by 7th grade had I been born into a fundie family.

I can barely even understand why he's begging for money. 

He needs to sell the barn, stop going on vacation, and get a real job.  It was a good ride, but it's time for Scott to give up the golf cart.

1 hour ago, dpndetfarm said:

I must preface this with the disclaimer that while I was born and raised in a progressive, intellectual, liberal, debate loving, loud, prove it, question everything, children are to be seen and heard, atheist family, sometimes my ADD brain just cannot give enough of a curiosity fuck to stay with something sooo boooring long enough to “get it”.

3. Recover the biblical doctrines of manhood and womanhood in church and family life
7. Restore the biblical pattern of age integrated worship, discipleship and evangelism

5. Facilitate church planting how long does it take one to grow, do they need a lot of water, do they have to cross pollenate, are they worth the effort.....
6. Communicate the biblical doctrines of the church and oh my god who gives a shit
7. Restore the biblical pattern zig zag zig zag of age integrated worship, discipleship and evangelism word salad sooooodontcarepleasehelpmeeeeeee.

I know I should force my brain to stay with it until I get it, but I just can’t. I just want someone to explain it to me in Sesame St. level english. Or Spanish even. I know one thing for sure. I would have killed my parents and the pastor by 7th grade had I been born into a fundie family.

1. Proclaim the sufficiency of scripture for church and family life - Convince people that his (and other favored men's) rules for life are the rules for life that everyone must follow, no matter that people are all different, everyone must fit the cookie cutter.
2. Promote the centrality of the church in God’s plan for families - Convince people that those favored men can run their lives, demanding at the very least (and that would be the *least*, mind you, meaning "not enough") 10% of the people's money, time, and talents. Except the women, of course, who are considered to have no talent other than cooking, cleaning, bearing children, and being joyfully available whenver the husband gets twitchy.
3. Recover the biblical doctrines of manhood and womanhood in church and family life - Make sure them uppity wimmens knows their place. Make sure that ignorant men are taught to keep the women in their place.
4. Explain the complementary roles of church and family - Explain that all decisions are to be made by the "pastor" and "elders" of the church (all menfolk, by the way). You follow the "biblical" guidelines (basically, whatever they decide you ought to do) that they lay down, listen to their teaching and orders without questioning (aka "teachable spirit"), and tithe that minimum (and preferably more) 10% as mentioned earlier.
5. Facilitate church planting and relationship building - "Love bomb" anyone who comes through the door. Convince them that they should have no free will of their own, but should submit to the "pastor" and "elders" of the church in all things.
6. Communicate the biblical doctrines of the church and family - Make sure that women and children are firmly under the men's thumbs, and that the men are firmly under the thumbs of the "pastor" and "elders".
7. Restore the biblical pattern of age integrated worship, discipleship and evangelism - Parents are "responsible" to teach their own children and keep them in line, so they can't let the children out of their sight. Especially not the teens and young adults, who might be tempted to think for themselves.

Or something to that effect.

17 minutes ago, WonderingInWA said:

He needs to sell the barn, stop going on vacation, and get a real job. 

I thought he was a tobacco farmer. Isn't he? 

1 hour ago, dpndetfarm said:

:laughing-rolling:

Why yes, the disconnect between God's lips and my ears, as translated by, say, John Shrader, often comes across as articulately as Charlie Brown's teacher.  Long story short, the more syllables, the more moohla forked over.

Seriously, my dad's favorite word was "antidisestablishmentarianism" -- that will be $10, please. 

Christianese is hard.  :laughing-lettersrofl:

14 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

OMG, is he?  He lives in a converted barn in Raleigh, NC, but I don't know that he farms.  He's too busy preachin' the word and "sufficiency of scripture".  His property may have once been tobacco land but I don't know about now.  He enjoys his Big Top Memorial Day party to celebrate his dad, Bill, but aside from that, it's hard to know what he really does with all that acreage.

36 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

If I had to wager a guess, his tobacco subsidies probably ran out recently--and at a very inconvenient time. 

Ironic that @refugee you used lots of words to explain mr. Brown's gibberish to me and yet I found it Big Bird simple to understand! Thank you for that. Perhaps it is because you translated it into Realhonestspeak. If only these religions/cults would use Realhonestspeak for all their websites. Oh wait, no one would donate any money whatsoever...or join their churches...or drink any koolaid.

It all makes sense now.  

They like it when the innocent do not understand.

I don't know if Scottie was ever a tobacco farmer, but Google searching on "Brown's Barn Wake Forest NC" and his property address (3721 Quarry Rd., Wake Forest, NC 27587) reveals a few interesting tidbits:

http://brownfamilyfarm.co - Scottie's wife Deborah and daughter Claudia (as-yet-unmarried, I assume) operate a dairy business. Probiotic kefir, anyone?

And, Zillow estimates the property's worth at nearly $2.5 million. Poor Scottie, having to beg for handouts from his sheeple. :pb_lol:

The names of his NCFIC marriage-related events have always creeped me out the most. "Our Marriages, and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters." "Getting the Picture Right - In Your First Seven Years of Marriage." (Scottie would be happy to take your donations, if you's like to sponsor a young married couple's entry fee for the latter.)

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Didn't he also do real estate? IIRC a commenter here said he was something of a real estate mogul in that town or area.

Re: scroll bar. No, it's never worked in Chrome. Maybe he'll get enough $$ donated for "website upkeep" and do something about it.

Re: begging on the internet. This is a new turn for Scotty -- hope it signifies the impending financial collapse of the the NCFIC scam.

Things must not be going well in Scotty's world.  Not that I sympathize too much.  In fact I will admit I am taking some evil delight in it.  The less $$ these fundies get shows that fewer sheeple are buying into their bullshit. This is a good thing.

Glad for the above translation of the above gibberish.   Reading it as is makes my brain explode.   

8 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

http://brownfamilyfarm.co - Scottie's wife Deborah and daughter Claudia (as-yet-unmarried, I assume) operate a dairy business. Probiotic kefir, anyone?

This is fascinating!  

Grass-fed, raw milk and milk kefir for your dogs, for your cats, and for your chickens....Because many of our pets have digestive problems, kefir is good for their gut. Particularly following a round of antibiotics. Traditionally, pet owners have used a tablespoon of yogurt to help adjust the bacteria in their pet’s intestines. However, kefir adds more benefits than yogurt because of the many minerals and amino acids, like Tryptophan, present in kefir. Because kefir contains calcium and magnesium, it is good for a healthy nervous system, therefore having a calming effect on the nerves. Vitamins B12, B1, and vitamin K, are good for healthy skin and energy.

At least in Texas, raw milk for human consumption is highly regulated and raw milk dairies must sell direct to consumers*. I would venture a guess that the Brown's product is advertised as being for animals but in reality is primarily consumed by many humans. 

*My experience with this -- when visiting family in southeast Texas, the raw milk dairy people deliver every other week to the town where they live.  I did pick-up one time: Customers gather  in a parking lot of the local church at the designated time, the raw milk people show up in their refrigerated van with cream-on-top whole milk and butter, distribution is completed.  It is SO GOOD! 

At home, I get non-homogenized, low-temperature pasteurized whole milk from Mill King Dairies, carried by my local Whole Foods.  I don't get this all the time because it is like diary crack -- I can't stop drinking it because it is so yummy!  Also have to be very careful to keep it chilled from check out to home refrigerator.  Non-homogenized, low-temperature pasteurized goes sour easily if not kept totally chilled. 

The financial role that women are expected to play in these families with a home business -- what happens when the men guys fail to financially support the family but the womens have a successful home bidness?  

ETA: Here, let me interpret: 

The Mission of the National Center for Family Integrated Churches = Send me money to support my high burn rate. 

14 hours ago, refugee said:

1. Proclaim the sufficiency of scripture for church and family life - Convince people that his (and other favored men's) rules for life are the rules for life that everyone must follow, no matter that people are all different, everyone must fit the cookie cutter.
2. Promote the centrality of the church in God’s plan for families - Convince people that those favored men can run their lives, demanding at the very least (and that would be the *least*, mind you, meaning "not enough") 10% of the people's money, time, and talents. Except the women, of course, who are considered to have no talent other than cooking, cleaning, bearing children, and being joyfully available whenver the husband gets twitchy.
3. Recover the biblical doctrines of manhood and womanhood in church and family life - Make sure them uppity wimmens knows their place. Make sure that ignorant men are taught to keep the women in their place.
4. Explain the complementary roles of church and family - Explain that all decisions are to be made by the "pastor" and "elders" of the church (all menfolk, by the way). You follow the "biblical" guidelines (basically, whatever they decide you ought to do) that they lay down, listen to their teaching and orders without questioning (aka "teachable spirit"), and tithe that minimum (and preferably more) 10% as mentioned earlier.
5. Facilitate church planting and relationship building - "Love bomb" anyone who comes through the door. Convince them that they should have no free will of their own, but should submit to the "pastor" and "elders" of the church in all things.
6. Communicate the biblical doctrines of the church and family - Make sure that women and children are firmly under the men's thumbs, and that the men are firmly under the thumbs of the "pastor" and "elders".
7. Restore the biblical pattern of age integrated worship, discipleship and evangelism - Parents are "responsible" to teach their own children and keep them in line, so they can't let the children out of their sight. Especially not the teens and young adults, who might be tempted to think for themselves.

Or something to that effect.

Masterfully done, @refugee, but the pitiful truth is, there are many who would read *your* annotated version of the 7 Pillories Of Father-Idolizing Churches and sign up willingly. 

Oh, they'd say your negative adjectives were unnecessary and could be done without,  but the idea of men leading, and humans lacking free will (the only human will is to evil, never good), and teens needing 1,000% supervision and women being joyful---those all sound heavenly to people raised without stability.  I've seen it in a couple cases IRL and a whole lot on teh webs. 

Scottie looks thinner and thinner with each new communique.

IIRC & I might not, the husband of someone on FJ (yuku days) rented some commercial property from Scotto in downtown WF. Said he was a pleasant man to deal with. My bug-sized mind reeled from cognitive dissonance:  that a man who permitted his grown daughter to roll on the ground under a fence rather than climb over it -- to appear highly modest, you see -- would be a pleasant landlord. 

Reeled, I tell you. 

On 12/30/2016 at 9:54 AM, dpndetfarm said:

I grew up in just the sort of church Scottie Brown likes and I speak fluent fundie (in two languages). I still can't make it through that list.

On 12/30/2016 at 2:32 PM, slickcat79 said:

I guess he didn't have time to hold out for his slave labor. He's still recruiting interns for 2017.

https://ncfic.org/about/internship

As much as I hate Doug, there's no way I can deny that he had some sort of freakish charisma that enabled him to mesmerize and brainwash the youth around him. Scott, on the other hand, has about as much charisma as a wet kitchen sponge, and his inability to continue piggybacking on Phillips (and to a lesser extent, Botkin and Baucham) is obviously taking a toll.  

@dpndetfarm I'm completely with you on the Christianese.  I look at it and look at it, and can understand the words, and parse the sentences, but I generally really struggle to work out what the hell it means.  It's fascinating, but it always makes me worry about these people running their own SOTDRT education :smiley-signs131:

7 hours ago, Lurky said:

@dpndetfarm I'm completely with you on the Christianese.  I look at it and look at it, and can understand the words, and parse the sentences, but I generally really struggle to work out what the hell it means.  It's fascinating, but it always makes me worry about these people running their own SOTDRT education :smiley-signs131:

Just remember that it is pure propaganda, IOW "control" speech. It uses a Higher Purpose to woo people to listen, obey, and contribute ("give until it hurts"), to make them feel good about being abused and controlled because somehow they are more "righteous" than others.

Therefore, it has to be carefully crafted to sound religious and vaguely noble. You can take such language and do almost anything with it, in terms of controlling others. And if someone "rebels" and walks away, you can put fear into the other followers by condemning the rebels to eternally being outside the circle.

(Where the "rebels" are actually probably very relieved to find themselves.)

p.s. The SODRT fits beautifully into the picture: Keep them ignorant; feed them your worldview that says inside the circle is safe, and the Big Bad Outside World is dangerous and will devour anyone who leaves the enchanted circle. They are easier to control that way.

Nana-nana-boo-boo, Scott--Petey Bradrick snagged your Prize Former Virgin SAHD Kelly and their kids and took 'em all the heck out of Dodge and to the Pacific Northwest, where he now has a real grown-up's job selling real estate and seems to have taken mercy on his wife by no longer knocking her up.

Archived