IGNORED

Parents say their Hatchimals are swearing like sailors in their sleep

clueliss

https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-hatchimals-swearing-sailors-sleep-020734832.html

Well - looks like the 'must have' present for kids of 2016 has gone way wrong.  I've seen reports of these things not hatching and such.  Now they're swearing.  Since these are redone furby's and I have almost nieces who had a furby I don't see the allure.  

Lifestyle

Parents say their Hatchimals are swearing like sailors in their sleep

Jerico Mandybur,Mashable 11 hours ago 

As the dust settles on the holidays, and millions of parents around the world regret buying their ungrateful precious children noisy toys, one word conjures more fear and concern than any other: Hatchimals.

The hatchable duck things aren't just the bane of parents because of their talkative, possibly demonic nature. It's also their vocabulary.

Some parents say their Hatchimals are swearing at them. Specifically, they're being accused of uttering "F*ck me."

SEE ALSO: Here’s what it’s reaaaally like to own Hatchimals

Some parents have been uploading videos of the electronic creature's profanities, spoken while they "sleep." 

Likely story, devil penguins. Hatchimals don't sleep. They just close their eyes and keep endlessly talking.

Hear that? Concerned parents Sarah and Nick Galego from Victoria, Canada, sure did.

Convinced that they're "sleeping" gift was actually moaning like a possessed witch, Nick told CTV "I'm pretty sure it says 'f*ck me.'"

The Canadian-based toy manufacturer, Spin Master, assured the news outlet that Hatchimals aren't programmed to swear like Linda Blair.

"Hatchimals speak their own language made up of random sounds," a spokesperson said. 

"We can assure you that the Hatchimal is not saying anything inappropriate. The one in the video appears to be sleeping."

The old "sleeping" excuse again, eh?

A company spokesperson also told Mashable via email that "We are committed to doing everything possible to resolve any consumer issues. We sincerely apologize and thank everyone who is experiencing an issue for their patience," adding that the majority of feedback they've received has been positive.

Spin Master took to Facebook on Christmas Day too, addressing complaints from parents who said that their Hatchimals wouldn't hatch from their eggs, or else hatched and then immediately died.

Not to mention the fact that across North America, the $60 toy sold out instantly, leaving many a child feeling un-loved by ol' Santy Claus.

Seems like moaning sounds that sound like curse words are the least of the company's problems.

Hahaha!

IDK, wasn't there some kind of kerfuffle last year about McDonald's minion toys doing the same thing? I heard some of the 'swearing' and it didn't sound like swearing to me. 

If I was a kid I'd probably want one, though. It hatches from an egg and  it swears in its sleep!  Sign me up! ;)

anything that records can be taught to swear.

NOt that there's ever been a swearing "Clever-Keet" stupid toy parakeet in my house *whistling innocently*

Hahaha!
IDK, wasn't there some kind of kerfuffle last year about McDonald's minion toys doing the same thing? I heard some of the 'swearing' and it didn't sound like swearing to me. 
If I was a kid I'd probably want one, though. It hatches from an egg and  it swears in its sleep!  Sign me up! [emoji6]

We hunted forever for the caveman minion that sounded like it said "What the F_ _ _!" I still have two of them!

They don't really sound that way. But they are awesome none the less.

It seems like rumors like this arise every time there's a toy that speaks nonsense words and/or speaks indistinctly. Our brains start searching for patterns, and if there might be something scandalous that's all the more exciting. I think this sort of thing says more about the human mind than about the toy itself.

Furbys also swear if you point the TV remote at them-damn husbands aand older sons messing with the kids todays!

On 12/29/2016 at 9:18 PM, Scribber said:

We hunted forever for the caveman minion that sounded like it said "What the F_ _ _!" I still have two of them!

They don't really sound that way. But they are awesome none the less.

Of course there's also the WTF parrot...

Next thing you know you'll be hearing things when you play Beatles' records backwards. #IburiedPaul

The WTF parrot is awesome, especially since s/he has variations of WTF.  When the vid was done, youtube popped up these other possibilities:  a funny cats compilation, the REAL reason Pope Benedict resigned, Kellyanne Conway incinerated by Rachel Maddow, multiple talking cockatoos. 

This reminds me of those Telletubby toys way back when that said "you're a F*****" Or people swore they did. 

Archived