IGNORED

2016 Keeps On Going

mango_fandango

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a meme on Facebook today with Death trying to claim Carrie Fisher and Darth Vader successfully protecting her. Almost all the comments were 'don't tempt fate. 2016 is not over yet'. How right they were.:cry:

I started this year holding my sobbing daughter the day David Bowie died.  Now today I will be holding her again while she cries about Carrie.  

I can't take any more.  I want to go to bed right now and not get up until next Sunday morning.

48 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I started this year holding my sobbing daughter the day David Bowie died.  Now today I will be holding her again while she cries about Carrie.  

I can't take any more.  I want to go to bed right now and not get up until next Sunday morning.

Me too, @danvillebelle!  Me too!

ETA:  I just remembered that we lost Kenny Baker earlier this year.  The TCM Remembers segment showed a still of Kenny in his R2D2 costume with the top part off.  I hope that TCM will add Carrie to their memorial tribute even at this late hour.  They did add  ZsaZsa Gabor after it was completed. 

DAMN! Is it open season on legendary people?

Carrie Fisher was a talented actress. RIP, Carrie

Hell i  really hope the 2016 end quick and stop the death of so many  talented artist. What a shit year! I also lost my loved grandma and an elder relative that was like an uncle  for me. 

What I don't understand is that all the cool people are dying off this year, yet somehow we've got more utter wazzocks around than ever. I hope for a better 2017 but I think I abandoned optimism sometime around last July.

@unsafetydancer I was thinking the same thing today. The universe seems to be conspiring against us all by deciding to torture us with long living bigots and morons while all the best people pass on - just seems so unfair!

Carrie was my mental health role model - her experiences (while not exactly the same) spoke to me. I was never alone while reading her books.

My mum actually commented to me earlier that she was surprised no-one's pegged it overnight. 

So true about all the awesome people dying and assholes living. HOWEVER, it is Dame Maggie Smith's birthday today, she's still around. All the Harry Potter "like" pages on FB are posting that photo of Carrie Fisher with little Warwick Davis (who was Wicket the Ewok). Apparently she was really nice to him and concerned that he'd be hot in his costume etc. She sounds like she was a lovely woman. Love the tribute from Mark Hamill.

Holy shit. Now her mom Debbie Reynolds is in hospital! TMZ claims it could be a stroke.

This year has just been utter utter shite.

Richard Adams has passed away too, what the fuck 2016 :( "I'm not saying that David Bowie was holding the fabric of the universe together, but *gestures broadly at everything*"

Just now, RosyDaisy said:

TMZ is now reporting that Debbie Reynolds has now died.

Yes, AP just reported it, so I think it's safe to assume it's true. :( 

I'm now afraid for three of my favorite elderly ladies- Beverly Cleary, who turned 100 this year and delighted more than one generation with her stories of Ramona, Beezus, Henry Huggins, Ribsy, and Runaway Ralph; Betty White, who is 94, and Queen Elizabeth, who has also had some health problems. I saw an article about a Go Fund Me page to help someone keep Betty White safe. 

As far as I'm concerned, 2016 started off on the wrong foot last December 31, when we lost Natalie Cole. It sure hasn't been kind. 

But when will 2016 take Gothard?

Fuck you, 2016. Fuck you.

No shit, right? I guess the song is right: only the good die young. (Though Debbie wasn't young per se.)

3 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

But when will 2016 take Gothard?

Or Donald Trump? (Although a Pence presidency would scare the crap out of me.) Or the Kardashians and their ilk? Or...?

Fuck you, 2016. Fuck you.

This. So much this. Are Cubs fans the only ones sorry to see 2016 go?

21 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm now afraid for three of my favorite elderly ladies- Beverly Cleary, who turned 100 this year and delighted more than one generation with her stories of Ramona, Beezus, Henry Huggins, Ribsy, and Runaway Ralph; Betty White, who is 94, and Queen Elizabeth, who has also had some health problems. I saw an article about a Go Fund Me page to help someone keep Betty White safe. 

As far as I'm concerned, 2016 started off on the wrong foot last December 31, when we lost Natalie Cole. It sure hasn't been kind. 

I'm seriously worried for Christopher Plummer and Olivia de Havilland. Obviously, they've had nice long lives, but I love them. 

Archived