IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

8 hours ago, nicki12811 said:

Can someone give me a clue on which page you found the pictures that he's in on. I flipped through, but I guess I don't have the keen-eye to find him as I flip through 30+ pages.

page 13, photo 196 &197

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy birthday, Jana and JD! You have now reached your late twenties without having children, which is a huge accomplishment given your environment. Don't panic, you'll have plenty of time in your thirties to reproduce. Live life to the fullest without having your own quiver (yet) and within what is possible for you!

On 1/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Londish said:

I live in Denver now, too! Housing prices are definitely expensive, and the forecast indicates they will continue to climb. I live in an area outside of Denver, probably 10 miles or so south of downtown, and i pay $1300/mo in rent for a pretty nice, if standard, one bedroom apartment.

I am hoping to move to NYC, and am already concerned about the rental prices.

Hi neighbor!!

$1300 is double what you could get 10 years ago. In 2005 i knew people in great brand new apartments in DTC with garages, gated, for $750 back then. I grew up in Eagle County but my parents split mom moved to Denver and Aurora and I graduated high school here in 06. I was back in the mountains until last year I'm back in school in Metro.

Denver proper is what has changed the most. Its sooooo gentrified.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:46 PM, justodd said:

Another one in Denver, over here! My mother's been talking about possibly giving me my inheritance early so I can use it to make a down payment on a condo, but finding anything I'd be able to afford without going too far from the places I frequent (like the place I play and host trivia) won't be easy. Glendale or Aurora look like the best bets. 

I did really luck out with my apartment, though. I have a spacious two bedroom with tons of storage, a fireplace, and a balcony (plus an indoor pool on the first floor) for less than a thousand a month in a decent neighborhood about 3.5 miles east of downtown. 

Nice. I lived at 17th and Steele as a little kid in the late 80s. Needless to say my mom paid only $300 a month rent for the house. I grew up in Eagle Co with my dad but went to high school in Aurora and Denver 10 years ago. The city has changed sooooooo much. I just moved back down to go to Metro. I don't recognize it at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28 December 2016 at 2:30 PM, purple_summer said:

Meanwhile housing in a neighborhood I was looking at have increased $100k since May...

Here you can't even tell because bidding wars drive them hundreds of thousands over asking. When we were buying at one point we told the realtor maybe we could stretch to $400,000 and she said not to bother because those houses sold for $550,000+.

I know I'm like two weeks late to the party, but did anyone notice how the Seewalds didn't do any birthday dedications for Jana/John? I'm not sure if she instagrammed it because I'm BlessaBlocked. Anyways, it's more proof Jessa and Jana aren't that close. I mean, it's understandable because it'll be impossible to be super close to your 18 siblings. Jessa and Jana both seem to have domineering personalities, so it's not surprising.  Jana doesn't really seem close to any of her siblings on a one-on-one basis besides Jill and somewhat John-David. Like, Jana/Jinger's relationship seems non-existent and all the kids below Joy most likely view her as a mother figure rather than an older sister. I hope Jana marries soon because it'll be interesting so see an "All about Jana" episode and hear what her family says about her.

I'm not even sure if Jana and Jill are truly close or if they just had to be out of necessity of being lead sister moms. 

14 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I hope Jana marries soon because it'll be interesting so see an "All about Jana" episode and hear what her family says about her.

This would be interesting. I feel like I know very little about her. I did like when she was asked what she wanted in JD's future wife and she said that she hoped that she and her would be best friends. I thought that was sweet and telling; her and JD must be closer than the show has let on. The show is pretty definitive in separating the boys and girls with different tasks (for example, we never saw how close Joe and Jinge were besides a few references), but I bet it's less rigid in reality. 

3 hours ago, buggers said:

This would be interesting. I feel like I know very little about her. I did like when she was asked what she wanted in JD's future wife and she said that she hoped that she and her would be best friends. I thought that was sweet and telling; her and JD must be closer than the show has let on. The show is pretty definitive in separating the boys and girls with different tasks (for example, we never saw how close Joe and Jinge were besides a few references), but I bet it's less rigid in reality. 

I've commented before how they don't seem to want to play up the twin thing for Jana & JD at all for the show (except in sort of superficial proof of Michelle's blessed-ness of conceiving), and sometimes I have people saying things like "well, not all twins are close, we can't make that assumption." Except that I think most twins are close, and what interests me about Jana and JD is that both were expected to take on roles of surrogate mother and father roles. Josh was given the first son role of mouthpiece, plus he was more suited for it than JD. JD was expected to be a handy man and hard laborer pretty much since he was a kid, but it's work that suits him so I think it gets overlooked in analysis of this family. Joe also took on the role of JD's side kick, but JD was really the one expected to get licensed for heavy machinery, build things for the property, be available to work JB's odd jobs. 

I think JD enjoys this work, and I know this work doesn't require the same endless thankless joyless day-to-day childcare that Jana+ were expected to start performing at young ages, but if Jana and JD were given a chance for a regular teenage life, would JD have spent time driving forklifts or maybe...wrestling, or football? maybe have become an Eagle Scout? 

So I wouldn't be surprised if not only because of age, and because of family ties, and because of being twins, that JD and Jana have kinship outside of what's expected of them. Is it healthy? Is it strong? Is it enjoyed? Is it rewarding? We don't know, we're not given much insight into Jana or JD or their relationship.

It's something I think on a bit when I'm thinking about the Duggars. 

@habert I feel this as well! I am also a fraternal twin and it's a boy. I'm always so interested in how twins really interact with eachother, especially boy/girl ones (I only knew of two sets where I live). Our relationship is weird in a good way! but not extremely close but at least we were able to grow up together. WIth JD and Jana, they probably had to stop being as close (if they were) once puberty hit and Michelle's baby popping became more frequent.

2 hours ago, habert said:

So I wouldn't be surprised if not only because of age, and because of family ties, and because of being twins, that JD and Jana have kinship outside of what's expected of them. Is it healthy? Is it strong? Is it enjoyed? Is it rewarding? We don't know, we're not given much insight into Jana or JD or their relationship.

It's something I think on a bit when I'm thinking about the Duggars. 

I think about this quite a bit too. For some reason, JD and Jana have always interested me. They just seem... different from the rest of the family somehow. Maybe more authentic? (In my opinion, Josiah fits in this category too.) I dunno. It could be imagined, but you can tell that (1) JD has a sense of humor. This is stark in comparison to the rest of the kiddo's interviews. In addition, he many abilities and jobs make him stand out from the rest of the leeches. And (2) Jana is different than her on camera personality. As in, we hear that she's bossy and see her making definite decisions and statements, and yet in her interviews - she's demure and sweet. It's an interesting juxtaposition in her personality. Those attributes have always made the twins more interesting to me.

10 hours ago, buggers said:

I think about this quite a bit too. For some reason, JD and Jana have always interested me. They just seem... different from the rest of the family somehow. Maybe more authentic? (In my opinion, Josiah fits in this category too.)

Speaking of Josiah, why does he seem so much more knowledgeable and cultured than the rest of the kids. When the producers ask them questions like what some word means, he is usually the one to answer correctly. I think the others are faking ignorance to be funny at least some of the time. Josiah doesn't seem down with the whole country bumpkin song and dance. 

I also think Jana and JD's relationship must be stronger, and I think her wanting a "dirt under the fingernails" guy is her saying she wants a guy like JD (not in a weird way at all!). Most of the Duggar girls claim they want a guy just like their dad (I think both Jill and Jessa said that, and maybe even Jinger). I really think Jana wants a guy like JD, because I think he's good to her in that they look out for each other. I think she hopes to be friends with his future wife so they can all just be friends together. I hope it happens to her (as long as he's inherently good and not at all like the dirtbag marrying Tabitha Paine).

If Joe is currently getting to know the blond girl from the photo, that would mean that each of the first 9 Duggar offspring, with the exception of Jana and JD, will have been in a relationship...everyone but the twins.

Interesting...Coincidence????

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

If Joe is currently getting to know the blond girl from the photo, that would mean that each of the first 9 Duggar offspring, with the exception of Jana and JD, will have been in a relationship...everyone but the twins.

I would bet that they both have been approached to be in courtships. There may have even been a failed courtship at some point. For whatever reason, neither have made commitments. I hope it's because they don't want to just marry the first person they are attracted to...(cough, cough, Jessa.)

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They definitely have been asked and approached to enter in friendships and courtships given their fame. It is interesting that they both have not entered in a courtship. I don't buy the failed courtship talk as that rumor most likely started on here lol. Duggar family/friends have also said multiple times that neither of them have been in a courtship before and that both are "waiting on god." As for Joe, he is definelty seeing that Caldwell girl. It'll probably be announced at the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I also think Jana and JD's relationship must be stronger, and I think her wanting a "dirt under the fingernails" guy is her saying she wants a guy like JD (not in a weird way at all!). Most of the Duggar girls claim they want a guy just like their dad (I think both Jill and Jessa said that, and maybe even Jinger). I really think Jana wants a guy like JD, because I think he's good to her in that they look out for each other. I think she hopes to be friends with his future wife so they can all just be friends together. I hope it happens to her (as long as he's inherently good and not at all like the dirtbag marrying Tabitha Paine).

I totally get what you are saying. JD kind of does his own thing a little bit and maybe Jana respects that. Like she realizes that she doesn't need a guy who works for her dad and/or is like her dad. I'm glad she has some idea of what she is looking for. I'd like to think that is why she isn't courting - maybe she does get a say and it actually turning guys down to get what she really wants. Maybe.

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

what photo?

All the Jana & JD talk….maybe they haven't courted because they are the oldest (besides Josh) and got the brunt of the Gothard/Pearl indoctrinating? And also experienced the bulk of the buddy-raising.  Josh was born and had a bit of childhood before the parents got caught up in the fundie Gothard lifestyle. And it's common that parents become progressively more lenient with each child. I wouldn't be surprised if JD and Jana are so stifled and socially stunted, they can't even fathom kissing (or more) with the opposite gender. Also since they've had the most chores heaped upon them (especially Jana) I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them wants kids at all. 

I would love to see how bitter all these kids would've turned out had the family not lucked and made millions. But since their dysfunction has made them famous, they seem to believe that everything their parents did was for the best. 

ETA: Someone posted in a YouTube comment that Jana asked to go to an all-girl Christian college but JB refused to let her go. Could be just a lie, or could it possibly be an insider spilling a drop of tea?? 

On 1/26/2017 at 10:01 PM, habert said:

what photo?

Following.  I tried to look at photos from the previous post stating where they were but it wanted a password and would not take the one from their hint. So halbert, we are both in the dark, literally.

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 11:21 AM, SassyPants said:

I could have sworn Joe and Carlin Bates were an item. I remember awhile back there were rumors of him and Tori but I always found Carlin to be the one that was interested in him or vice versa. Just my 2 cents lol  

I personally would love to see Jana end up with one of the Property Brothers , but I think they are both off the market.  I thought Michaela and JD would have been perfect together. No offense to Brandon. And in my wildest dreams Josiah runs off with Josie Bates to L.A & they star in their own 'The Hills' type show. A girl can dream ! Lololol! 

On 1/27/2017 at 1:43 AM, VeganCupcake said:

ETA: Someone posted in a YouTube comment that Jana asked to go to an all-girl Christian college but JB refused to let her go. Could be just a lie, or could it possibly be an insider spilling a drop of tea?? 

Could you post a link? I think you might be referring to a rumor that exploded in March 2015. The rumor was that Jana wanted to quit the show, be done with babysitting and go off to a school. Then, either the crap gossip sites or fans started to speculate that JB said no to Jana. Since then, I've seen people's comments saying that JB said no to Jana about the school thing, etc etc. Anyways, that rumor was false, and just like tebow, it was made up by the gossip sites. I remember seeing that even Pickles dispelled that rumor.

1 hour ago, AlternativeVoice said:

I could have sworn Joe and Carlin Bates were an item.

Me tooJoe.png

On 1/26/2017 at 11:01 PM, habert said:

what photo?

1 hour ago, sansan said:

Following.  I tried to look at photos from the previous post stating where they were but it wanted a password and would not take the one from their hint. So halbert, we are both in the dark, literally.

These are the pics I put in another thread. These are the most recent (this past Sunday during the walk for life marches) of Joe and the Caldwell daughter (her name is either Kendra or Lauren). There have been many more in the past months. I included some from Jinger's wedding where they were also seen together

5886d378e1875_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.00c401f486a3430fbbeddfaa5b3f34ca.jpg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.b2e4ce159300e159e3ea3986c116bb65.jpg

Joe1.jpg

Joe2.png

This could go in several threads but since the Caldwells are in this too and have just been mentioned , I'll post here. It looks like all of the unmarried Duggars James-up (minus JD for whatever reason...) are enrolled in Bible College - Faith Bible Institute. The picture is an enrollment form - there are tons of sign ups for this program from all over. It's a 3 year program (or as one source said, a fully accredited online Christian college).

Of course the two Caldwell girls are enrolled as well. I find it interesting how early Jer enrolled in this, compared with his siblings. Yet 'he' still paid more than say Jana & Joy even with an early enrollment discount? :my_dodgy: And "Jase Duggar??" Maybe it's a BEC moment, but seems so casual to list on an enrollment form.

If they all complete the program hopefully they won't be heavily touted as being "college graduates."

IMG_9150.PNG

23 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

IMG_9150.PNG

This has to be fake. Did you find it on the institute's website? I can hardly believe they would enroll with their nicknames rather than with their godly full Christian names. 

Unless they have no idea how official documents work. 

Also if it is not fake and they pass this - of course they will claim to be college graduates...

33 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

This could go in several threads but since the Caldwells are in this too and have just been mentioned , I'll post here. It looks like all of the unmarried Duggars James-up (minus JD for whatever reason...) are enrolled in Bible College - Faith Bible Institute. The picture is an enrollment form - there are tons of sign ups for this program from all over. It's a 3 year program (or as one source said, a fully accredited online Christian college).

Of course the two Caldwell girls are enrolled as well. I find it interesting how early Jer enrolled in this, compared with his siblings. Yet 'he' still paid more than say Jana & Joy even with an early enrollment discount? :my_dodgy: And "Jase Duggar??" Maybe it's a BEC moment, but seems so casual to list on an enrollment form.

If they all complete the program hopefully they won't be heavily touted as being "college graduates."

IMG_9150.PNG

Good detective work! So is their specific program strictly an online program or will they be actually going to an on site location?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived