IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

Exactly. When Jana or her sisters served as counselors, it was for volunteering for the institute. I don't think any of the Duggar girls have ever had a job. I've heard of speculation of Jana working for them (years ago), but it was purely speculation. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just tired of the same old storylines. Courting, married, pregnant...courting, married, pregnant. Oh good, here's the fetal heartbeat machine again. Here's Joe and Kendra.....zzzzzzz. Let's see the tattoo parlor, renovate it already. That would be much better TV. But then I thought about it and I guess that whole property purchase was just another attempt to convince Jana's rather impressive fan base that she has options! 

From Ellie and Lily blog:

A rumor has been floating around the internet that Lawson Bates, who turns 25 in July, is in a courtship with Jana Duggar, 27. (The Duggars were in East Tennessee visiting the Bates last week.) Gil and Kelly Bates put the rumor to rest:

"I think that probably Lawson and Jana would both be shocked by that news, although we have heard that rumor," said Kelly. "They are very good friends but no courtships that either of our families are aware of."

Does anybody heard that rumor? :anyone:

I don't want to hear that rumour. Good lord, Jana wouldn't want Lawson. She said she wanted a man that worked with his hands, not a man who spent all day looking at himself. 

I think it might have all came from the Instagram account "janaduggar.rp". "Jana" has 7.5K followers and has recently posted that she is courting Lawson and is now engaged to him (LOL). The fools who bought it were congratulating Jana and were shocked to hear the news. Idiots. 

This role play stuff is really stupid and super creepy IMHO. And Lawson is gross. The workout videos, his little winks that he does, holding babies so people will notice and comment, the sexy shot attempts, what a CREEP!

FullSizeRender.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lawson and Jana, HAHAHAHAHAHA. That would be terrible lmao. I admit I've not been sleuthing Bateseseses for a while, but it's rather amusing that Gil and Kelly had to comment on it.

I'm amazed by how many people get faked out by clearly labeled role playing accounts. They've always annoyed me, but i don't understand how you could confuse between real and role play. I used to run into them all the time, way back when MySpace was a thing. I've only run into one account I thought was role play and was a real celebrity, and it's never been the other way around.

If Jana were to set up an account it would be low key until it was properly announced and her family were following it. I suspect IF she were to do it, she'd be setting it up for marriage on par with her sisters. It also wouldn't be where any engagement was announced, especially if it's not established.

also her and Lawson. Could you pick a more mismatched fundie pair? :pb_lol:

48 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I think it might have all came from the Instagram account "janaduggar.rp". "Jana" has 7.5K followers and has recently posted that she is courting Lawson and is now engaged to him (LOL). The fools who bought it were congratulating Jana and were shocked to hear the news. Idiots. 

This role play stuff is really stupid and super creepy IMHO. And Lawson is gross. The workout videos, his little winks that he does, holding babies so people will notice and comment, the sexy shot attempts, what a CREEP!

Ok, I've been on the Intertubes since before Jana was born, but this is a new one on me.  People actually role play the Duggars, to the extent of having fake social media accounts?

I understand RP- I grew up playing D&D, and even today like computer RPGs.[1]  But that's because I don't get to blast hordes of demonic undead with fireballs in real life.  Why on Earth would you RP a real life family, especially one as dull as the Duggars?  Creepy is a good word for it, but I think I'l use current vernacular and label it bigly sad.

[1] Working my way through the Skyrim total conversion Enderal right now, which is simply stunning.  It's a bit embarrassing that a fan-created, free mod has a better storyline than the original game

This what happens when you sell your family (a product)  to others (consumers)...people buy and sell crap about you. 

Gil and JB sold their families for consumption and easy money in return. Being used as fodder is just a byproduct of that sales transaction.

It's gross, but so is selling your kids' (and your own) private moments, emotions and anonymity for easy cash.

It's pretty obvious that the fundies who follow this account have no clue what "rp" even stands for. I wonder if Lily and Ellie didn't know either, thus contacting Kelly for a response. 

Lawson aside, even the rest of that profile just screams FAKE! The picture is a dead giveaway; no Duggar can canoodle like that until there's a ring on it. 

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Lawson aside, even the rest of that profile just screams FAKE! The picture is a dead giveaway; no Duggar can canoodle like that until there's a ring on it. 

Not even then. Two rings and the promise to have as much children as you can

SNIP: " Let's see the tattoo parlor, renovate it already. That would be much better TV. But then I thought about it and I guess that whole property purchase was just another attempt to convince Jana's rather impressive fan base that she has options! "

Are people actually thinking the tattoo parlor would stay a tattoo parlor? Maybe a craft store or make your own religious pottery place....which would still be BAF.

Maybe it could become a religious bookstore with a special section for homeschoolers. Get your wisdom booklets here.

On 4/4/2017 at 1:17 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Those role-playing idiots need help.  I've seen several of those accounts and they are so creepy.  Usually, they only post really boring pics and say things like, "This was a great day with my sisters!" and "This was taken on the day we announced to my sister that we were pregnant!"  I have to at least give that particular role-player some credit for not posting boring nonsense.  On the other hand, though, the fact that that person even has this account to begin with is really quite sad.  

If Ellie and Lily are friends of the Duggars, then why would they post speculative blog entries that haven't been confirmed? I think they posted another one about Kendra directly after.

Roleplaying with real people -- even celebrities -- creeps me out. I do actually understand the appeal; I'm the type of person that daydreams and imagines scenarios with whomever fascinates me at the moment (it's like a movie reel in my head; like a Duggar finally going rogue, predictions for how Jill/Jessa's families will turn out, etc...). However, I also understand that they are real individuals and I feel that putting those types of dramas into writing and publishing them online is crossing a boundary.

This takes me back to when I found a detailed fanfic about the guys from Smosh -- popular Youtubers at the time -- bringing flowers to the author's self-insert character in the hospital. Granted, this was on DeviantART and clearly written by a middle-schooler. Grown adults doing this ups the weird factor for me.

20 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Grown adults doing this ups the weird factor for me.

Yep, it's all super weird. Although we can't say for sure it was adults. These RP accounts strike me to be a bunch of insecure 13 year olds living some fantasy. Just speculating.

Same shirt he's wearing in the Seewald "happy birthday, Izzy!" post. Obviously not taken today. 

These people are soooo contrived. 

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Same shirt he's wearing in the Seewald "happy birthday, Izzy!" post. Obviously not taken today. 

These people are soooo contrived. 

Jessa posted a picture of Spurgeon in that tshirt last night. So I imagine they did the Happy Birthday Izzy, the day before as well.

I'm proudly Blessa Blocked, so I didn't see the other picture until today, actually AFTER I posted the birthday video. 

So yeah, totally contrived for the lemmings. 

@elvirajane Which time? LOL 

I posted during Kissgate the first time. Don't remember what I said. The second time? It appears that a leghumper tagged one of the Duggar snark IG pages, and I'd posted on it that day. Jessa apparently blocked everyone who had posted there that day. I had not posted on her page since the previous blocking, and the snark page mysteriously disappeared not long after. 

I can understand the appeal of fictional role play games. It's not my thing but I know someone who was into Harry Potter RP-ing as a teenager. But RP-ing with real people is WEIRD. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived