IGNORED

Carrie Fisher had heart attack today

47of74

2016 fucking sucks.

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/12/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane

Carrie Fisher reportedly suffered a "massive heart attack" Friday while on a plane. Fisher was on a flight from London to Los Angeles when she went into cardiac arrest, TMZ reported. CPR was administered by people on board before the plane landed at LAX. Fisher was then transported to a nearby hospital.

The emergency took place approximately 15 minutes before the plane was scheduled to land, TMZ reported. Once a flight attendant reportedly asked if any medical personnel were on the plane and could offer assistance, an EMT from the back of the plane "came up to first class and administered life-saving measures."

FUCK.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/carrie-fisher-princess-leia-in-star-wars-dead-at-60-w457713

Carrie Fisher, the iconic actress who portrayed Princess Leia in the Star Wars series, died Tuesday following a massive heart attack last week. She was 60.

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning," Simon Halls, a spokesperson for Fisher's family, said in a statement to People.

So sad. I suspect they've had her on life support, unable to let her go.  She seemed like a cool, funny lady. I believe she was very close to her mum, who must be devastated.  I'm looking at our NY countdown and can't wait until it rolls over to 2017. Hopefully it will be a better year. Hard to imagine it could be any worse. 

18 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

So sad. I suspect they've had her on life support, unable to let her go.  She seemed like a cool, funny lady. I believe she was very close to her mum, who must be devastated.  I'm looking at our NY countdown and can't wait until it rolls over to 2017. Hopefully it will be a better year. Hard to imagine it could be any worse. 

2016 sucks a fat one.  We have that Orange Fuck stealing the election and now we've had people like Carrie Fisher leaving us.  I can't wait for 2016 to be fucking over.

Yeah, you're probably right that they had her on life support.  Maybe it was so that family could come and say good bye to her.

2016, FUCK YOU!!!!! Yet another childhood icon gone. While other girls wanted to be one of the other Disney Princesses, I wanted to be like Princess Leia.

I'm seriously bummed out. I just watched A New Hope yesterday night with my boyfriend and his family. I loved Carrie Fishers bluntness and sense of humor. I always enjoyed reading what she had to say. This year needs to end. We've lost too many good people, both famous and non famous. I lost some amazing relatives this year. I hope to Dog that 2017 is better

i worked late last night, was mostly cut off from news, and didn't get home till almost 8pm.  when i got there, Mr. CL was watching Episode 7 with a candle lit in front of the tv.  the first thing he said was, "Carrie died today." 

Found this video too....I am so going to miss Carrie. 

2 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

Wow. That's so sad. I didn't realize that Debbie Reynolds had outlived her daughter. How awful. :pb_sad:

My aunt who died in Sep 2015 told me one time that was my Grandma's biggest fear as she got older was that one of her children or grandchildren would go before she did. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Debbie is dead too. that poor, poor family.

Jesus Fucking Christ 2016.  Stop it already.  Just stop it, goddamnit.

My heart truly goes out to their family. Two devastating losses in a row (& so damned quickly, too).  :fubar:

I just remembered that Debbie Reynolds was once the subject of an MST3K riff. 

StingDRandGod.jpg

I have something in my eye now... (no I don't need a hankey)

https://nowloading.co/p/how-star-wars-gamers-are-paying-their-respects-to-carrie-fisher/4178400

Across the Star Wars and #videogame world, the passing of Carrie Fisher has hit hard. Princess Leia is an icon, one of the most recognizable and well-known characters in the history of cinema, and Carrie Fisher brought her to life in a way that is deeply embedded in the memories of #StarWars fans.

And now those fans are saying goodbye and thank you. Impromptu gatherings in Star Wars: The Old Republic have been popping up for fans to express their sadness at the passing of a legend--and their gratitude for what she gave us.

For the next half hour, beer's on the house... (jk)

Archived