IGNORED

Sarah, David, and Russell: Love, Marriage, and Pining on Facebook

choralcrusader8613

What a devastating choice for Lauren - there's a survival advantage in following our parents as we grow up, and thinking that they are wonderful, or at least that they love us. The cognitive dissonance of being told by a parent that we are loved when that doesn't match up with their actions can be really hard to process. I'm sure Lauren won't want to take sides, as she may see it, especially as she may feel the weight of being the only one who really loves her father. She seems like such a kind person, and her mother certainly seems to be bringing Lauren and her siblings up in a stable, secure and loving way, giving back to those who have less, and being valued just as she is. I hope she grows up to be confident in her sense of self and her own value, kind and loving, whatever happens around her. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russ, since you'll be here lurking before long....do yourself a favor, and check the above posts.  You'll see that your foul, nasty, vicious posts were not erased simply by blocking your Facebook.

The internet is forever, dude.

I don't think Lauren would take sides against her parents, but I do feel that at some point, she will have had enough, and begin the process of disengaging her father.  The teen years quite naturally bring about this process, even amongst the most loving of parents.  

Unfortunately, as opposed to having a mature role model, and protector as a father, Lauren has one who is a coward, who uses her as both a playmate and even worse as a human shield, for attention when it suits,  deflection when he goes too far.

She's a smart girl, and hopefully realizes someday soon that the further the arms length she keeps him, the more she will elevate her own self and life.  Otherwise, he will do nothing more than drag her down.

3 hours ago, Jellybean said:

The cognitive dissonance of being told by a parent that we are loved when that doesn't match up with their actions can be really hard to process.

No kidding- there's a reason abusers seek out people with abusive parents. Someone who already has a pretty fucked up idea of what love looks like is a much, much easier target. I really hope Lauren has enough positive, sane role models in her life to not fall into that trap.

I wonder if Lauren herself is the reason for the FB shutdown.  He posts things to her, so she's clearly able to see what he's doing.  And, oh my god - how sad is this for her?  My heart is breaking for her.

Her siblings are older and probably keep up with his page too.  Kids share things, like, "My sister's father is a whacked up nut job.  Here, you should see what he posts."  Suff like this spreads like wildfire amongst the middle school set.

Maybe Lauren came to her dad  this weekend and said, "Enough Dad.  If you loved me, you wouldn't do this to me."  Or - Kindall's attorney got on this asap.

This monster has forever publicly shamed his child by announcing to the world, correctly or incorrectly, that she was molested by her mother's boyfriends.

True or false, it is no one else's fucking business and particularly if true, then Lauren has to deal with this 'outing' on top of everything else burdening her life.

Like she didn't already have enough to deal with, Russ.  And it's never to be erased.  Too many have seen it, the screen shots are everywhere.

Um...who's the fake Christian in this picture, and the reason for the continuation of this thread and social conversation about false Christianity and it's horrific domino affect on others?  YOU are, Russ..  And for some inexplicable reason, you have a deep seated need to prove it, in black and white.

Instead of spending every day of your life collecting stones to hurl at other people's houses, how about you take that log out of your eye so you can at least see that they're ricocheting and smashing YOU right in the face after all is said and done?

40 minutes ago, ellacinders said:

I wonder if Lauren herself is the reason for the FB shutdown.  He posts things to her, so she's clearly able to see what he's doing.  And, oh my god - how sad is this for her?  My heart is breaking for her.

Her siblings are older and probably keep up with his page too.  Kids share things, like, "My sister's father is a whacked up nut job.  Here, you should see what he posts."  Suff like this spreads like wildfire amongst the middle school set.

Maybe Lauren came to her dad  this weekend and said, "Enough Dad.  If you loved me, you wouldn't do this to me."  Or - Kindall's attorney got on this asap.

This monster has forever publicly shamed his child by announcing to the world, correctly or incorrectly, that she was molested by her mother's boyfriends.

True or false, it is no one else's fucking business and particularly if true, then Lauren has to deal with this 'outing' on top of everything else burdening her life.

Like she didn't already have enough to deal with, Russ.  And it's never to be erased.  Too many have seen it, the screen shots are everywhere.

Um...who's the fake Christian in this picture, and the reason for the continuation of this thread and social conversation about false Christianity and it's horrific domino affect on others?  YOU are, Russ..  And for some inexplicable reason, you have a deep seated need to prove it, in black and white.

Instead of spending every day of your life collecting stones to hurl at other people's houses, how about you take that log out of your eye so you can at least see that they're ricocheting and smashing YOU right in the face after all is said and done?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Who knows why Russ finally shut down his Facebook page? Whatever the reason, it's tragically far too little too late. I'll be the first to admit it was fun to read his rants about the government, evil family court judges and "attourneys", and of course his Jesus freak testimonies. But when he started disclosing that his daughter was molested (true or not), that was sick AF. He's truly messed up and disturbed. Many blessings to Lauren, her siblings and of course Kindall. And anyone else who has had to put up with his crap over the years. 

2 hours ago, ellacinders said:

I am just filled with rage at the fact that he would toss that out there like it's any other insult to be used. 

If it's not true and Russell is so shameless as to make up such a horrific and humiliating story about his own daughter for attention and to get back at his ex, he is a waste of a human being.

And if it's true and he knew his child were being molested and instead of working two jobs and saving every penny he had to get a stable home and the best lawyer he could find to protect her, he just quit his shitty job and hung out camping, posting on Facebook, and getting drunk, he is a waste of a human being.

There are no two ways about it. He is a waste of a human being

I honestly hope he just falls off a cliff. I hope his children never seen him again and forget he ever even existed. I don't really want to see him in person because he is heinously fugly and I bet he smells, but I'd like to just so I can punch him in his fat face.

My former husband was horrific to live with, was horribly abusive to me and our children.  My son is 35 and refuses to have anything to do with him.  My daughter chooses to have a relationship with him and I have to respect this.

I still have much resentment against this man.  I could blast him all over FB if I wanted.  I could out his past cruel, vile behaviors.  But what good would that do me?  It would hurt my daughter more than it would hurt him, and then our relationship would suffer.  NO way in hell I'm giving that satisfaction to HIM.

He just buried his second wife, the one who as soon as she found out she was terminal, divorced him rather than spend one more precious moment under the same roof.  Poof, gone was her resolve to put up with him until their youngest was out of the house.

He's getting his just desserts, in ways I never imagined.   It's not my job to punish him.

And I will be able to look back over my life one day, and at least, have zero regrets in how I reacted to this person.  I discuss it here, because there is anonymity.  Otherwise, I've taken the high road, and I'm happy with myself for that.  And I know my daughter loves me for it.

Wow. It has been several months since I have followed Russell, and it appears nothing has changed at all since the last time I was in this thread. He is still an asshole. He is still drunk posting disgusting and vile things that should never be said and libeling the mother of his child. He is still making his Facebook private. I am sure in the next few days he will make his Facebook page public again and will be back to praising Jesus. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Russell is nothing but a useless loser. Harsh, but it is true. I could walk away for a decade and the same crap would be coming from Russell.  Pathetic. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived