IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

I was raises sort of Catholic (dad was a staunch communist so there was that lol) but lost faith in them a long time ago. Dabbled in Episcopalian church for funsies, and then I just became content with knowing there is a god, and it ain't me. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

She just informed me that I disagree with her because she "teaches biblical principles". I actually started laughing. 

My church compiled that Bible for you, you moron. 

This is my favorite part so far, when she's like "you wouldn't understand because I'm teaching Christianity" and you're all "nice try, lady, I Bible hardcore."

7 minutes ago, polecat said:

Oh, that's not me! I'm not going up against her on Facebook. I'm not nearly brave enough.

It's me. It's winter break. I have nothing to do and have apparently lost my mind. 

One problem I had with evangelicalism (at least as I experienced it) is that they are much less Christians than they are Paulists. Their entire theology and most of their doctrine was not rooted in the Gospel but in the letters of Paul. In my time in that world, I rarely recall sermons (or chapel talks at Christian school) focusing on passages from the Gospels or even the Old Testament. It was all from the letters of Paul and usually only a verse or two taken out of context entirely. Lori has that same problem. 

After I recovered from the spiritual abuse of the Christian school (that is a whole other story...), I looked at ELCA Lutheran, the Episcopal church and Catholicism. Had I not married a Catholic, I possibly would have ended up Episcopalian. But I was absolutely looking for an interpretation that valued the teachings of Jesus over Paul. 

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This is my favorite part so far, when she's like "you wouldn't understand because I'm teaching Christianity" and you're all "nice try, lady, I Bible hardcore."

Best. Phrase. Ever. The Thug Bible life... @louisa05 didn't choose it... it chose her!!!

She is a hateful woman.

Reader:

The Transformed Wife wholeheartedly agree but there comes a time when I question myself when it's one sided appreciation. I am a strong Christian , homemaker proudly raising 2 boys but I think a marriage should be a partnership not a dictatorship. My husband is a Christian but doesn't participate with us in church. So pray for us - that would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Her reader asked specifically for prayer.  Guess she missed the memo that Lori forgets to pray for her readers.  She only remembers their issues when she can turn them into blog fodder.

Lori's response:

Christ suffered for us and asks us to do the same.

That's all.  No compassion or encouragement.  Just go suffer, because Jesus.

There has got to be something really off with Lori.  I don't think I've ever met a person so void of kindness.

1 hour ago, linnea27 said:

I am skeeved out by the idea of these men's sex lives. Wanting to have sex with someone who is subservient to you, who is "available" to you at any time you wish, and with only your pleasure in mind is so... predatory. 

I'm pretty sure lorken addressed this by saying that men are predatory when it comes to sex so they can spread their seed as much as possible. That's how God made then and so it's ok.

57 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

She's not giving in. I'm surprised I haven't been deleted yet. 

ETA: And she's still arguing...if I can't give her a verse that specifically says that one must not deny someone using their gifts and talents, then that cannot be a biblical principle. Arguing theology with literalists...ugh. Impossible. 

Lori has said before on her old blog that there doesn't have to be a verse for everything. I will try to look for it. If I can find that, you should tell her that in response. 

Just now, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori has said before on her old blog that there doesn't have to be a verse for everything. I will try to look for it. If I can find that, you should tell her that in response. 

She went all red herring on me and tried a verse about servanthood instead of answering my point. She does excel at using that particular logical fallacy. 

7 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here we go...

god doesn't have to give a verse for everything.png

Okay then. But when someone disagrees with her they have to provide a Bible verse or they are wrong. 

And anal sex is a desecration but a husband forcing a wife to have sex when she does not want to is okay? 

She has not responded now. I suppose that she is leaving it all up for Ken to come mansplain to me later? 

ETA: She returned to tell me that I can go elsewhere to hear my "watered down version of the Bible". 

ROTFL...I basically suggested that she consider the whole Bible in formulating her teachings which she finds to be a watered down interpretation. Seriously, is the woman too stupid to see the irony there? 

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Okay then. But when someone disagrees with her they have to provide a Bible verse or they are wrong. 

And anal sex is a desecration but a husband forcing a wife to have sex when she does not want to is okay? 

She has not responded now. I suppose that she is leaving it all up for Ken to come mansplain to me later? 

HAHAH she just said her site isn't for you since you don't agree and to go else where for watered down versions of the bible. 

Just now, AlwaysDiscerning said:

HAHAH she just said her site isn't for you since you don't agree and to go else where for watered down versions of the bible. 

We posted at the same time. I'm laughing out loud alone in my living room. The rabbit thinks I've lost my mind. 

Me: Lori, consider the whole Bible, not just the part Paul wrote about gender roles. 

Lori: I don't water down the Bible like that. 

:dontgetit:

45 minutes ago, polecat said:

Oh, that's not me! I'm not going up against her on Facebook. I'm not nearly brave enough.

Maybe you can help with a bible quote to help silence Lori...or at least make her use the delete key :my_angel:

Here's something crazy: 

All this Bible fun with Lori is making me miss my grandfather. I once had the fun of watching that man take down an idiot who brought a petition against same sex civil unions (back in the 90s) into their (mainline Protestant) church. 

Were he here with access to social media, he probably would have joined in the fun and he would have eviscerated her. 

ETA: And Lori has deleted it all now. Because that way she wins the argument. 

39 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

We posted at the same time. I'm laughing out loud alone in my living room. The rabbit thinks I've lost my mind. 

Me: Lori, consider the whole Bible, not just the part Paul wrote about gender roles. 

Except when it comes to men and lust. Then it's cool, probably because Ken says it is. 

Kudos to those of you fighting the good fight!

I'm just snickering like a 12-year-old boy because Amazon informed me that the book most often purchased with "Men Lead..." is a little tome called "Power of the Pussy: Getting What You Want from Men." 

I don't expect to see that one at my local Christian bookstore anytime soon. 

Thanks a lot, you FJers with your peer pressure. I post on FB, and I get banned with my very first posting. See how you are?

Hmph.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Here we go...

god doesn't have to give a verse for everything.png

omg what does anal sex have to do with the price of tea in China? Why is it that fundies are just so incredibly obsessed with things they are not supposed to even know about in the first place?

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Oh God, the stupid hurts with her.

13 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I'm just snickering like a 12-year-old boy because Amazon informed me that the book most often purchased with "Men Lead..." is a little tome called "Power of the Pussy: Getting What You Want from Men." 

The one that caught my eye was titled "Ho Tactics." :?

And just like that, all of those comments are gone.  She also deleted her own flippant comment that "God asks us to suffer", when a reader simply asked her to pray for her family.

14 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

That made me snort Coca-Cola out my nose when I saw it. :laughing-rolling:

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

And just like that, all of those comments are gone.  She also deleted her own flippant comment that "God asks us to suffer", when a reader simply asked her to pray for her family.

Never happened. Figment of your imagination. Lori waved her magic wand and POOF! All gone.

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

It's okay. @louisa05 and @polecat I have most of the screen shots. I think I missed polecat's post I have a lot of them, including the woman asking for prayers. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived