IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

58 minutes ago, Koala said:

OR, Ken (official FJ member) read here and took notes of the changes he wanted Lori to make.

And Lori submitted, for a change.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per the pattern, she's moved on from yoga pant ranting to feminism.  Specifically feminism during the Roman Era.  One commenter makes the statement that modern feminists believe we've found something new.....ummm  naw bruh.  We KNOW we haven't found anything new, we KNOW it's natural for a human being to want to be their own autonomous person.  Many cultures, Rome included, back in the "olden days" to quote the Mentor, had rights for females in their societies that stretched beyond what their father or husband allowed them to do.  

Feminism’s root is satanic. Satan’s goal is to get rid of the Church and the best way to do this is to get women to want to be men, stop staying home and raising godly offspring, and allowing strangers to raise their children instead while women work for the almighty dollar.

Good grief.

So she is telling us that feminism was around during the Roman Empire, completely ignoring the fact that she regularly tells us about the good old days when women weren't trying to be men. My eyes cannot possibly roll more than they are doing right this moment.

Can't help but notice that 2/3 comments were made by men.  

For a woman who is so horrified by women who teach men, she certainly seems to have a lot of them following ever word she writes.

The irony- Lori's main audience is going to end up being men.  

'That is how it was with Sunshine Mary. She too claimed not to teach men, but wow did she have a bunch hanging around clinging to her every word. 

I love hearing about how other people navigate their real life relationships, recognising their own strengths, weaknesses, needs and desires, as well as those of their Significant Other(s). I love the honesty that sometimes good relationships are hard; sometimes life is hard; sometimes people make bad decisions, and sometimes it's right to leave. I so appreciate all of you as mentors, and feel really sad for Lori that her relationship can't improve because she's so determined that it's already perfect, and sad for those looking to her as a mentor. 

Her assertion that athletes dressed modestly in the nebulous "olden days" conveniently forgets that the ancient Olympics were held in the nude. I hope Lori didn't teach history when she homeschooled. :pb_confused:

27 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Her assertion that athletes dressed modestly in the nebulous "olden days" conveniently forgets that the ancient Olympics were held in the nude. I hope Lori didn't teach history when she homeschooled. :pb_confused:

Oh but those were all ebil pagans. Fun fact, contemporaries reported that the athletes competed naked because women tried to compete disguised as men.

Anyway I love anything related to Roman era and Ancient Greece culture, I did classic studies and loved loved loved it. But not in my wildest dream I'd think that feminism had much place at those times (let alone the fact that the whole concept of "feminism" is very modern and application of it to the past is difficult and requires a level of knowledge and logical soundness Lori can only dream about). I'm trying to resist the temptation to go looking what sort of arguments for it lori made up, I'm sure I'd start screaming at the screen.

26 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I love hearing about how other people navigate their real life relationships, recognising their own strengths, weaknesses, needs and desires, as well as those of their Significant Other(s). I love the honesty that sometimes good relationships are hard; sometimes life is hard; sometimes people make bad decisions, and sometimes it's right to leave. I so appreciate all of you as mentors, and feel really sad for Lori that her relationship can't improve because she's so determined that it's already perfect, and sad for those looking to her as a mentor. 

I gain a great deal from the wisdom here, too. There are so many strong women here, and honest ones. I really appreciate that.

18 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

As far as that doodle is concerned, I'm not interested in how the average male on the street views or values me. That's his problem, not mine. I'd like to think I'd be valued as a human being, but I'm too old to believe that every man considers me one--and that has nothing to do with how short my skirt happens to be.

I think I'm at the age where I'm pretty confident no guy is going to go home and "think about" me in my yoga pants. And if they did, so what? Why is that even so terrible? 

The vanity of these women! Michelle Duggar, mother of 19, worried her 48-year old knees will defraud some guy. Lori, aged 58, prematurely aged and wrinkled, yet so concerned she'll cause the young guys in her church to stumble. Come on. They probably think of her like their grandmaw.

From what I've seen, the young men (the ones most likely to "stumble"), have plenty of young girls to look at, and that is natural and normal. As for the older guys, are they really focusing on Lori Alexander on the beach? 

This modesty thing is just a way to trash women.

The shallow young man in the first story was actually her son.  She bragged about it on her blog.

In other news, Lori didn't cook either.  She made big salads for herself and her children, while Ken cooked his own meals and tried to hide them from his starving kids.

Many nights Lori made her big salads which the kids loved, then they came running for daddy’s food that I cooked. Remember, most of these years Lori lived with a sick stomach and other health issues, so I had to fend for myself many days and nights.   

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

The shallow young man in the first story was actually her son.  She bragged about it on her blog.

So then that poor young man must not be able to read if he needs to find someone to cook for him. How sad. :my_angel:

Look at this exchange:

Reader:

Dear Tami, We have seen the devastation in our churches and society as a result of feminist teaching. When you have been married for 30 plus years and your children are walking with God and your husband rises up and blesses you, then it will be your opportunity to speak up, until then you don’t have the results to match your theories. Blessings and joy.

Tami:

FYI…I am 51 years old, have been married for 31 years, and have a 10 year old son who has accepted Christ and has been baptized. God has called me to speak, write, and to teach. My husband has always supported me in all I do.

Lori:

God never calls us to do something that is contrary to His clearly stated Word, Tami. I’m afraid you’ve been deceived in believing what you do.

Umm, doesn't Lori write and teach?  Is it the speaking she objects to?  Because I have no doubt that Lori would do that too, if anyone could be bothered to listen.

She's developing quite the habit of telling women that she knows more about what God wants for them than they do.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Check out this modestly dressed athlete from 1948. 

the-countess-of-monte-cristo-sonja-henie

(Sonja Henie, Olympic skater)

14 minutes ago, December said:

So then that poor young man must not be able to read if he needs to find someone to cook for him. How sad. :my_angel:

My middle son (12) can cook up a storm already and loves it. It's sad that Lori's sons are incapable of feeding themselves. No excuse for that.

19 minutes ago, Koala said:

She's developing quite the habit of telling women that she knows more about what God wants for them than they do.

Her initial response is just so disrespectful to that woman. I'm guessing "Blessings and joy" is the fundie equivalent of "bless your heart"?

And it's bad for women to speak/write/teach because they're female and feminism is evil, but it's okay for her to speak out despite being a woman because...?

20 minutes ago, polecat said:

My middle son (12) can cook up a storm already and loves it. It's sad that Lori's sons are incapable of feeding themselves. No excuse for that.

Agree.  My 13 year old son loves to cook too.

58 minutes ago, Koala said:

Huh, my husband says that he can't cook. I told him the same thing-"If you can read, you can cook!"  But since a penis apparently inhibits men in their cooking abilities, it falls to me....:pb_biggrin:

My husband is a lousy cook. But, it's ok...because I love to cook (most of the time). My daughter is a decent cook and both my sons can cook enough to keep them alive. 

My mother was a terrible cook. I learned when I left home...there were some missteps along the way but all in all, I'm pretty damn good as a cook. My cooking is the reason my husband moved in with me!

Mr  RHBD cannot cook,  Oh he can grill a steak, make rice and open a bag of salad, but he cannot cook.  I love to cook and am excellent at it.  Before we were married he said if I would cook he would always clean up afterward -- kitchen, dishes, etc. Since I'd rather have root canal than clean the kitchen I jumped at the deal.

And so here we are years and years later -- I'm cooking and he's cleaning up. Works great for us.  Oh and he also does all the grocery shopping on Sat morning, because i detest it.  In return I clean/ scrub the bathrooms, mop floors, and do the laundry (he helps fold).

We both work so we share the household chores. It's never been a gender thing -- It's a who is better at it. He just doesn't see dust -- so I dust.  He'll vacuum because he moves all the furniture out to do it. Not that I couldn't, but he's sweet and says it's heavy so he'll handle it.  

We both run errands and check if the other needs something before going out. Whoever is going to the kitchen for a drink brings something back for the other.. i like doing little unexpected things for him that I know he'll like -- not because I have to but because i want to.  He surprises me all the time by doing the same.  If a man can be sweet (and I think yes) then he is definitely sweet.

We make major financial and life decisions together -- talking it out,  pro/con, weighing options.  In 27 years we've always agreed on the major things. And the little stuff -- if there is no logical reason to prevent it, usually the one who feels the strongest or wants it the most who decides. 

We don't fuss/ disagree 2-3 times as week as LoriKen do,  No one has to submit to the other because we're in this together.  Really it's just about love and consideration and respect for your partner. Your partner who is different but still equal.  That is something LoriKen will never understand.  I'd be sad for them if they weren't such smug, insufferable, self-righteous, self-satisfied, know-it-all asshats

My husband does all the vacuuming. He watched me do it once years ago, said something critical to me so I handed him the vacuum and told him to have at it. I usually dust and do kitchen deep cleaning. Bathrooms? We share. He does most of the laundry but if there's any ironing to be done, I do it. Since I tore my back up (thanks mom!) I can't stand for long periods of time so hubby helps with a lot of things. Truth is, if he notices that I'm starting to hurt, he will actually demand that I sit down and he'll do whatever. Our biggest running joke is that I'm not allowed to make coffee...he has decided that coffee is HIS domain. 

We are usually on the same page with pretty much everything...however, our current disagreement is moving. He wants cheap, I want upscale. Trying to get him to understand that a cheap apartment is exactly what you pay for is a challenge...

Everyone's got at least one crappy apartment horror story, right? I've had OK cheap apartments- but they were cheap because they were a 30 minute drive from everything.

In my very first apartment, we used the oven and the fridge as cabinets because they were so bad. The oven had terrible hot spots (but worked, as did the stove, so they didn't care) and the fridge broke 3 times in 2 months (ruining everyone's food) and they still wouldn't replace it, or pay to replace the food. The bathroom floor was mushy because water was trapped under the linoleum. I think we had termites. We definitely had some unsavory mold somewhere- couldn't see it, but you could smell it. Maintenance would just walk right in without knocking, even though they never actually fixed anything. My roommates were terrible too, but that's its own story.

A different godawful apartment had terrible parking, loads of unfixed semi-feral cats, and a drug dealer across the breezeway, which I found out when the police were all over the place. They handed out flyers with a police sketch of the guy- it didn't look anything like him. I don't know if they ever found him or not. The whole place had terrible water pressure and I had to rinse my hair with a bucket if I wanted to actually get all the shampoo out. The laundry rooms were tiny and had no climate control but if you left the Laundry Thief might come by, so I spent a lot of time reading a book on a folding chair just outside. You didn't want to use the dryers because they'd make your clothes reek of mildew and cat pee, so you had to drag home a bunch of damp laundry and hang it. Once in awhile I splurged and went to the real laundromat- the unspeakable luxury of non-crunchy panties, you guys. But hey- the fridge worked.

Whatever works, works. I hate cooking and I suck at it. My husband is a great cook, and he enjoys it. He's not too handy though, so I usually end up doing the little repairs around the house. I'm sure we'd give Lori fits.

I think Ken actually panics when the idea of doing things for ones spouse comes up. He says it's all about Biblical submission but I think he is just lazy. He cannot comprehend fixing Lori a bowl of soup or sitting at the hospital with her. I don't think Ken gives two figs about submission. I think he is just glad Lori is not mean to him anymore and he gets his way all the time. It just happened to be his lucky day when Lori read that silly book and labeled it biblical. 

Rmember how defensive he got when someone here asked him about giving up basketball?  His response was something like "Oh, so I was supposed to have no stress relief, no activity outside the home at all??!!"  He was the complete victim when that topic came up. 

Cpunt ke among those who can't comprehend what might come up a few times a week that would "require submission."  What are these two bickering about so frequently??!!?? I really want to know this because they bothered seem like such seventh grade girls.* You know the petty arguing never ends. 

*my apologies to seventh grade girls. They are fantastic human beings and most will outgrow that difficult phase. I say "most" because...Lori. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Rmember how defensive he got when someone here asked him about giving up basketball?  His response was something like "Oh, so I was supposed to have no stress relief, no activity outside the home at all??!!"  He was the complete victim when that topic came up. 

Ken Alexander on the important things in life:

But Basketball and sex. They are/were pretty sacred to me. Can I give up Sunday School instead? How about being an elder in the church? How about just work 10 hours a week less, but then how can I buy her a house. It's complicated when you are young, married with four kids under 7 and trying to get to the top of your profession. Where is my necessary outlet if it is not basketball? Need to stay in shape or I am sure Lori will talk to me about my weight. And rightfully so!

My thought about the yoga pants - to be honest, as long as he keeps it in his head, I don't really care if a man is fantasizing about how my ass looks in yoga pants.  If that's what works for him, I hope he enjoys it.

On 1/9/2017 at 7:14 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

I'm thinking of a man like Jon Gosselin. He let Kate run all over him and never stood up to her. 

Would you call an abused woman names and demean her? Everything they showed pointed to Jon being an abused spouse. Emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse. 

If submission is your thing, go for it. I hope you aren't raising children to think that it is the only way to go or the more "godly" way, but what you and your husband decide is your thing doesn't matter to me. But there is absolutely no reason to call names at men who shows signs of being abused or act like they aren't a real man. 

@Free Jana Duggar if you said tomorrow you were done being submissive and wanted to be treated as an equal, would your husband accept that without making a big deal about it? Would he happily treat you as an equal? 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived